Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

What Will Become Of Soludo? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Become Of Soludo? (6496 Views)

Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / APGA Appeal Panel Upholds Disqualification Of Soludo And Five Others In Anambra / Aftermath Of Soludo's Disqualification, Ngige's Rating Skyrockets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by sjeezy8: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2010
mikeansy:

all these are based on unsubstantiated theories. Besides his wife has not been caught redhanded smuggling large sums of money out of Nigeria like those you worship.

who do I worship? I dont think Jesus has a wife or does 
Fashola is the only gov that is worth looking at and I havent read any reports of his wife smuggling money out of Nigeria.

lmfao nikku you mad cause Soludo didnt win. EFCC is coming for his yansh ! we know and he thought that PDP would rigg him or inec would be on his side. but that ish aint workin son
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Onlytruth(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yaradua tried but the guy failed because he didnt have the support of US and otherwestern govts. The guy looked elsewhere awarding contracts to governements in the East, China, Korea and co.

As of right now Obasanjo is favored by the US esp Bush/republicans and UK because he is their boyboy giving Oil and Gas in return of favortism.
If Jonathan wants to take power from Obasanjo he should spend alot of time appealing to the US govenment esp now Obama is in office.

America is just using Obj until they find another presido who acts on behalf of Citizens as well as American interest(like Ghana's Atta Mills). I believe Jonothan will perform well and can take the presidency to 2011 with America backing him.

The US interest cannot (and ought not to be) tied to one individual in a country as huge as Nigeria. The west will back anyone in power provided they protect western investments. All that Jonathan needs is courage of convictions. You cannot lead Nigeria if you are weak. Like I said, Jonathan will have good advisers.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by eros(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2010
Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!! Soludo. You are a big disgrace to your family and Nigeria. A common thief and con-artist. No dignity or pride for self. Shame on you!!!

God Bless the people of Anambra State for not voting this slowpoke and criminal as their next Governor. I rain curses on you from Heaven, for all your evil deeds against Nigeria and her people

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by ALUSI: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2010
Soludo is 4ked up.Shame on him.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by oge4real(f): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
He should go back to the classroom.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by kawkab: 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2010
Soludo has a lot of options, among which are;

1. Return to the Department of Economics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka as an Economist.

2. Return back to the Institute he setup that is the Public Analysis Group/Institute through which he has been acting as a consultant to sevral International Organisations such as IMF, World Bank etc.

3. Join the African Finance Corporation which he co founded.

Any of these option would allow him time to re-strategize and bounce back. Mind you Soludo is still young in politics so people should not sound like he is finished politically. This is just his first shot at a political office. Also as long as PDP remains in power at the federal level he stands the chance of picking up another political appointment.

Though he may have a case to answer with the EFCC but I dont think they have a strong case against him, because other highly placed Nigerians are implicated in the whole deal.

So please dont write off Soludo yet.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by eaglegen: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2010
Mr Soludo should go and rest, he has lost his credibility as far as this country is concerned.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that there are a few profiles springing up with 1-10 total number of posts just to malign Soludo. The facts of the matter is that you can destroy the man on Nairaland but you can't do anything to him or his records in real life.

So whoever is behind this should go get a life.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by tayoast(m): 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
its not a case of from 'grace 2 grass'

The man's gon' get a political apptmt soon
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by methodman(m): 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2010
I still cant believe he lost,
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by udezue(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
He will be totally fine.
If you so think he is responsible for anything TAKE HIM TO COURT OR SHUT UR TRAPS.

Soludo should join Peter Obi's administration to help Anambra become that economic giant he was talking about if he trully loves his state. He can also join APGA to contest for Senate position if he like Politics like that. PDP has no place in Anambra. He can only redeem himself that way or he can simply go and find job somewhere. Either way the guy will be okay. All of you calling for his head should go and eat FEACES. Una never prosecute OBJ, IBB, IYABO, etc u want touch Soludo. He is not responsible for the Global meltdown. My only grouse with him is that he joined PDP. What a thing to do? Tufia
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 08, 2010
God is not behind Soludo neither is man so he should ask God forgiveness and genuinely repent of his evils while at the CBN. PS: I wonder how the ex- 'civil servant' could have afforded the N150 m ransome paid to free his father?
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Mkpotu(m): 12:03am On Feb 09, 2010
We should rather stop taking panadol for another person's headache. Soludo is a renowned Ecomists, an academic. a poliitician, a business man and what have you. Mistakes most of us make, is not having a plan B in something and some us think that Soludo will fall such a victim, NO ITS NOT POSSIBLE. He is as sharp as most of us if not sharper.

There are Plans B,C, D, & E for him and so we should not cry more than the bereaved. He has accepted defeat thus his speech, but what I want you guys to do is to wait and hear his next line of action.

As per banking industry is concerned, he is a hero and his name has been engraved, whether you like it or not. May be tomorrow, by the time Sanusi comes out fully , i trust Naija shaa.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by comoros: 1:36am On Feb 09, 2010
Eziachi:

It only those that doesn't know the guy before CBN talk this idiotic stuff.  Before OBJ lured him back from the city of London, he is a very wealthy banker of repute. Hence they paid his salary in pounds because he earns in a month as a banker what he earn in years as CBN governor.  If you haven't got any evidence to support your claims, please do not make them.

Or are you saying that banks that collapsed in the U.S, U.K or even Iceland did because their central bank governor collaborated? Soludo is CBN governor and not a director of any Nigerian bank.
Nigeria are nation that thrive in rumours and enuendo, publicised by their illiterate graduates. Whether Soludo did anything illegal while at CBN I don’t know, so do many of you who new neither their left hand from their right hand, until someone tells me otherwise.

Banking collapsed was a global phenomena and not particular to Nigeria and as far as I know, no Nigerian bank collapsed till date. The likes of Cecilia Ibru and Erasmus Akingbola do not work for CBN, has no connection with Soludo and no one has said or level anything against Soludo till date.

I think your claim that Soludo earns huge monthly salaries in pounds is equally unsubstantiated, unproven and totally inconsequential. Maybe you should take some time to define his duties as CBN governor before you exonorate him. He knew about the rot in the banking sector, yet turned a blind eye and allowed banks such as Intercontinental Bank and Oceanic Bank bag global awards in Banking between 2006 and 2008. There are still educated Nigerians who knew that the awards were a fluke because the successes of the banking sector should reflect on the economy directly or indirectly. They kept posting somewhat outrageous and 'impressive' figures and the gullible Soludo never thought of further verification of their claims.
Moreover, the collapse of some banks in USA and UK was a result of the global financial crunch, not stealing and mismanagement of funds by individuals privileged to be MDs/CEOs. Their recklessness in awarding loans and ineptitude at creating effective structures for loan servicing practically brought the banks to a standstill, but for the timely bail-out by CBN. If the new governor Sanusi had acted just like Soludo, turning a blind eye as if "E NO CONCERN ME AS LONG AS UNA SCRATCH MY BACK", what do you think would have happened now?
Maybe many Nigerians will probably be destitutes by now, begging for alms to feed.
I think Soludo should watch his back because the EFCC must be putting facts together to nail him soon, and very soon too!!!!!!!!
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by mamagee3(f): 1:44am On Feb 09, 2010
Okay, Soludo is coming to get you! cool
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by safariman(m): 2:05am On Feb 09, 2010
Soludo will bounce back as a strong political big wig to recon with. The same politician have been around since Nigeria was founded/dictated upon us. The same names, the same godfathers, the same type of govenance for years, whether it was/is UPGA, Action on Top, PDP, AG, NCNC etc
Once you taste power in Nigeria,
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Eziachi: 2:12am On Feb 09, 2010
comoros:

I think your claim that Soludo earns huge monthly salaries in pounds is equally unsubstantiated, unproven and totally inconsequential. Maybe you should take some time to define his duties as CBN governor before you exonorate him. He knew about the rot in the banking sector, yet turned a blind eye and allowed banks such as Intercontinental Bank and Oceanic Bank bag global awards in Banking between 2006 and 2008. There are still educated Nigerians who knew that the awards were a fluke because the successes of the banking sector should reflect on the economy directly or indirectly. They kept posting somewhat outrageous and 'impressive' figures and the gullible Soludo never thought of further verification of their claims.
Moreover, the collapse of some banks in USA and UK was a result of the global financial crunch, not stealing and mismanagement of funds by individuals privileged to be MDs/CEOs. Their recklessness in awarding loans and ineptitude at creating effective structures for loan servicing practically brought the banks to a standstill, but for the timely bail-out by CBN. If the new governor Sanusi had acted just like Soludo, turning a blind eye as if "E NO CONCERN ME AS LONG AS UNA SCRATCH MY BACK", what do you think would have happened now?
Maybe many Nigerians will probably be destitutes by now, begging for alms to feed.
I think Soludo should watch his back because the EFCC must be putting facts together to nail him soon, and very soon too!!!!!!!!

Soludo earning before they brought him back to Nigeria is not unsubstantiated and if you think it is why not substantiate it, that is what a reasonable person does instead spreading rumour on the internet. I don’t need to substantiate anything because I knew the guy very well as far back as 1992.

If what happened with the Nigerian bank were as a result of stealing, tell me how private bank activities has something to do with CBN governor? Do you really understand anything about banking and how it banking works? CBN is a regulatory body of financial institution in Nigeria just as Bank of England or U.S Federal Reserve and not Banking Ombudsman. So does it means that both banks in U.S and U.K, their governor also turned blind eyes or collaborated as they are throwing money about and award themselves billions in bonuses?

You are making an allegation without making any tangible evidence to support it, as we speak, not a single ant has made any allegation against Mr Soludo. He has no immunity, his brother is neither in charge of the EFCC or as the current governor of CBN, so what are they waiting for?
Why can't code of conduct people to ask him to declare his asset?

So where was Sanusi when the so called Soludo is turning the blind eyes since he was at CBN too or is CBN now just a one man show? Like I said, if Soludo is guilty of any wrong doing while at CBN, me and you don’t know that because he has not been accused of anything or wrong doing,  either by any individual or governmental agency or any evidence to that effect. But you are busy soiling his name without any shred of evidence to support your claims.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Bokoharam: 4:13am On Feb 09, 2010

vigasimple #32 on: Yesterday at 03:45:05 PM » 

Quote from: aimans on Yesterday at 02:11:18 PM
that he lose. He thought that this is like a CBN affairs where he collaborated with the then Bank Chiefs to perpetuate financial crime? He is a criminal. What legacy did he leave in CBN? Policies that enrich Banks & its staff @ the expense of inflation & hard time for common nigerians.

Quote from: hbrednic on Yesterday at 02:53:13 PM
he should explain to nigerians how the banking system he headed became a monumental failure

Quote from: Ajike on Yesterday at 03:04:53 PM
the guy is looking 4 immunity from all d atrocity he might have commited while d president of cbn. he can never back out like that, i know hes going to challenge that result

The guy was looking for two things, immunity from prosecution(EFCC) from the banking saga. The second is that he was looking forward to use the governorship election to launch Presidential ambition in 2015, since he propably now has more mone than Anambra state.

All of it has come crashing because he is not a politican niether is he a good regulator because he wine and wine with the people he supposed to be regulating that they got away with Murder between IBRU and Akingbola, there existed assets woth over $12 Billion, and staffs and public are going to suffer it.

I ask Nigerians to vote all incumbent especially PDP out in 2011 elections so that we can show the politicians that power belong to the people, because as it is now, th power is in the hands of the godfathers, and that way they will continue to dish us with poverty and contempt like YAR A'FAILURE has been doing for over 76days now.

PDP = FAILURE

Tnx for all these comments.

I told NL & Anambrarians to vote either Ngige or Obi (tested and more reliable pple), and I'm so happy it turned out that way.

- I personally wrote to Soludo to pull out of that contest, but he wouldnt listen.
- I reminded him of where his colleagues & friends (Okonjo-Iweala & Oby Ezekwesili) are hw they left with their integrity intact.
- I told him that the banking sector is still crying for help after it was dragged to hell
- I made him understand that the manner PDP fraudulently adopted him spells a second doom for him.
- I told him to leave out this thing for now until next election, but, power, we know, intoxicates.

Anyway, I salute his courage for congratulating Obi. I pray he doesnt actually head for the tribunal, b/c dt will further mess him up.

@Topic

1. Let him what things for a while and allow the dusts raised by his inability to police the banking industry to subside first, b4 thinking about dabbling into further politically activities. After all, he has made enough money including the ones PDP helped squander during his electioneering campaign.

2. I believe the classroom canNOT enter him again; he's now bigger than many Universities in 9ja combined; so, he cant lecture again. I doubt also with the mess he put our banks into, any international appointment will come his way again,
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by comoros: 4:19am On Feb 09, 2010
Eziachi:

Soludo earning before they brought him back to Nigeria is not unsubstantiated and if you think it is why not substantiate it, that is what a reasonable person does instead spreading rumour on the internet. I don’t need to substantiate anything because I knew the guy very well as far back as 1992.

If what happened with the Nigerian bank were as a result of stealing, tell me how private bank activities has something to do with CBN governor? Do you really understand anything about banking and how it banking works? CBN is a regulatory body of financial institution in Nigeria just as Bank of England or U.S Federal Reserve and not Banking Ombudsman. So does it means that both banks in U.S and U.K, their governor also turned blind eyes or collaborated as they are throwing money about and award themselves billions in bonuses?

You are making an allegation without making any tangible evidence to support it, as we speak, not a single ant has made any allegation against Mr Soludo. He has no immunity, his brother is neither in charge of the EFCC or as the current governor of CBN, so what are they waiting for?
Why can't code of conduct people to ask him to declare his asset?

So where was Sanusi when the so called Soludo is turning the blind eyes since he was at CBN too or is CBN now just a one man show? Like I said, if Soludo is guilty of any wrong doing while at CBN, me and you don’t know that because he has not been accused of anything or wrong doing,  either by any individual or governmental agency or any evidence to that effect. But you are busy soiling his name without any shred of evidence to support your claims.

Take note please, I'm not soiling anyone's name as I have no personal vendetta against Soludo or the CBN. And since you are an expert in banking, could you please educate me a little on why Sanusi, in his first few months as CBN governor, uncovered a decay in the banking system that Soludo (with all his foreign training and Pound Sterling salaries) failed to see? This is Nairaland, a public forum where people can discuss their opinions as it concerns various issues, according to their perception of the said issue, and that's why I've expressed my candid view of the issue. I am open to correction but I thought the Code of Conduct Bureau deals with public office holders, not 'FORMER' officers like Soludo. Moreover, the scam was discovered shortly after his tenure, so it's a case for EFCC and I'm pretty sure that they are not relaxing.
And please be informed that all commercial banks in Nigeria are public companies listed on the NSE, not private companies as you have affirmed. Finally, Soludo cannot be said to be a saint because he has not yet been turned in for questioning. You and I know that he failed in 4 years in the area where Sanusi excelled in a few months, and its only logical to hold my opinion that Soludo was probably privy to the recklessness of the Bank CEOs. He had the powers to make that change just as he had powers to replace them but he didn't. The big question is WHY??
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Bokoharam: 4:29am On Feb 09, 2010
comoros:

Take note please, I'm not soiling anyone's name as I have no personal vendetta against Soludo or the CBN. And since you are an expert in banking, could you please educate me a little on why Sanusi, in his first few months as CBN governor, uncovered a decay in the banking system that Soludo (with all his foreign training and Pound Sterling salaries) failed to see? This is Nairaland, a public forum where people can discuss their opinions as it concerns various issues, according to their perception of the said issue, and that's why I've expressed my candid view of the issue. I am open to correction but I thought the Code of Conduct Bureau deals with public office holders, not 'FORMER' officers like Soludo. Moreover, the scam was discovered shortly after his tenure, so it's a case for EFCC and I'm pretty sure that they are not relaxing.
And please be informed that all commercial banks in Nigeria are public companies listed on the NSE, not private companies as you have affirmed. Finally, Soludo cannot be said to be a saint because he has not yet been turned in for questioning. You and I know that he failed in 4 years in the area where Sanusi excelled in a few months, and its only logical to hold my opinion that Soludo was probably privy to the recklessness of the Bank CEOs. He had the powers to make that change just as he had powers to replace them but he didn't. The big question is WHY??

@comoros
U dont need to say much. it is on record that the banking sector under SOLUDO never was audited for 4 GOOD years. While Soludo ws busy dining with Devils & taking 'egunje,' d banking was busy burning unmanned. U dont need to say much. U re very right. Anambra would have seen hell if Soludo had won this elections. Bros, u re on ground. Can u recount hw many souls Soludo threw out of job in banks? U dont need to say much. The facts are clear.

I'm so happy that the widh of the masses (poor, suffering masses) of Anambra prevailed.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by DrWhizy(m): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2010
the department of economics, university of nigeria, nsukka still has an office in the name of prof.soludo. So mayb he shld go bak and b a lecturer like prof.ikejiani clark and d rest of them.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by chidichris(m): 10:04am On Feb 09, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that there are a few profiles springing up with 1-10 total number of posts just to malign Soludo. The facts of the matter is that you can destroy the man on Nairaland but you can't do anything to him or his records in real life.

So whoever is behind this should go get a life.

@mikeansy,
i had always known that you are this brainless.
which real life are u talking about on a man who raised n2b during his campeign, won all the public opinion on media, the self acclaimed solution to anambra problem, the deciet of our time who claimed of his ability to turn anambra to dubai and taiwan overnite(very old fashioned story) had all the backings he needed yet lost in the real election. politically, anambra ppl made him feel like nothing. he did not only loose, he cld only get third position.
he is less than a man. let him go into the labour market outside nigeria to show us that he can do without nigeria like okonjo iweala did.
if you are normal, a suicide decission shld be moving arround u by now for loosing to less popular men.
if soludo could not do this under the backing of the federal troops, it means, he can't win a local govt chairmanship election on his own.
if possible, i will suggest soludo to go and start from his counlorship ward election to test his popularity.
anambra ppl has showed him how unimportant he is.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by zeedee(f): 10:38am On Feb 09, 2010
Naija politics, i know nothing about!

All I know is that Sanusi's signature is now on most of the Naira notes i see! Eya poor Soludo. They dont even want any of his signed notes to remain in circulation.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by mmaks: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2010
Some nairalanders can be so shallow at times with their arguments shocked shocked shocked shocked
how did Soludo cause problems for the masses??

He was a CBN Chief and not  a bank MD. are we not aware that Sanusi has no clear cut policy/vision apart from a warped agenda to assert his vindictive agenda. how well have the new MDs performed apart from engaging in a looting spree a la Spring bank and Bank PHB recently. what major policy guidelines are they working towards.

abeg i beleive niairalanders should get educated.

looks like the 'haters' are laid-off bank workers. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Mkpotu(m): 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
Some times i wonder the angle some of these our Nairalanders are coming from.

Some say he was responsible for job loss, and you and I know that Soludo as CBN governor was responsible FOR MASSIVE JOB CREATION/EMPLOYMENT for our graduates right from the time he entered as CBN governor till he left. Nigerian banks were almost 100 when he assumed position as CBN governor in 2004, and that was when every tom dick and harry can just come set up a bank in his locality and collect people's money after some time, it will fold and Nigerian banks were so weak then and I believe we had CBN governors and nobody crucified them.

Soludo came in as a renowned economist, saw that all these banks can be merged to create a BIGGER bank and equally create more jobs for Nigerians, because as at then, Unemployment rate in Nigeria was some what a thing of concern. Thus Soludo brought the idea of consolidation, mergers, Acquisition, Take-overs etc, which everybody accepted but if you dont believe it, ASK ANYBODY THAT GRADUATED BETWEEN 2004 TILL 2008, the only employer of people were Nigerian banks, thanks to SOLUDO.

Consolidation made Nigerian banks to be able to compete with other foregn banks, it equally gave room for expansion into other countries. Take your mind bank those days, it was only First Bank that has branch across Nigeria although weak, but with the emergence of Soludo's policy, banks like GTB, Zenith, UBA, Access, Oceanic, Diamond etc could boast of having offsore branches doing good business.

Soludo was being professional with the banks as CBN governor as the r/ship between CBN and commercial banks should be like banker/customer relationship ie fiduciary and secret. He dosent need to come and stout shouting that this bank is doing this or that to the public in order to do his job. See some of the things he did as CBN governor:

(a) Do you know that when Unity Bank abi Bank of the North was going down, do you know that the bank was bailed? Do you know that the MD, Alhaji Bulama was removed and charged to court? All these, he need not come out on television to start telling you that this bank is weak and that their MDs have squandered their money, thus he was more professional and today the bank is coming back gradually.

(b) Do you know that Spring Bank had problem, did he come out to start shouting that this bank is dying and that their MDs have done this or that, rather after seeing, the best bet was for them to be acquired or merged in order to secure depositors money, thus the PHB and Spring deal.

(c) What about WEMA bank?

(d) Do you equally remembered that Soludo gave Commercial banks ultimatum to have common financial year by December 31, 2009, in order to really determine the strength of the banks and to equally stop some pranks being played by banks which has been age-long.

(e) Was Soludo the cause of global Financial Meltdown?

(f) Was he responsible for fall of shares across the world and in Nigerian? Because u knw majority of those non-performing loans were MARGINAL FACILITY. And plz can you tell me the collateral required for transaction of this nature :margin facility?

(g) Was he responsible for the fall of crude oil across the world and in Nigeria? Note that some of those non-performing loans were equally as a result of investment into oil and crude oil price fell thus some these non-performing loans.

(h) If I may ask, do you think Cecilia Ibru and Erastus are worse than Jim Ovia of Zenith and Elumelu of UBA, if u dont know, politics equally plays a major role in all these drama.

(i) Why do you think Sanusi signed the 2nd Quarter result of Oceanic bank in July and in the next month, you removed the MD that she cooked her books, that is to say he is equally an accomplice.

I want to tell you guys that all these bank issue and sanitization are more political than you people.

AS SOME OF YOU ARE CRITICIZING SOLUDO, JUST BE A BIT COURTEOUS BECAUSE SANUSI LAMIDO IS NOT A SAINT either. If not, the First Bank where he was coming from, had the HIGHEST NON-PERFORMING LOAN yet his argument was that they have enof deposit to shoulder it. If he is a saint, why did he leave JIM & ELUMELU, why did he grant debt forgiveness to the tune of billions to SARAKI & DANGOTE, why did he sign Oceanic Bank 2nd quarter result and later come out to nullify, why is he now saying that Nigerian banks should be CATEGORIZED along REGION, MARKET & SECTORS. just because his main aim is to come and create ISLAMIC BANKING, thus the impression he has created in the atmosphere that banks under other peoples regime are sham.

MAKE we shine our eyes and stop castigating SOLUDO who I believe kept food in some of our tables by his policy as CBN governor, even if not directly to you but to your friend, class mate, husband, wife, boy friend, girl friend, brother or cousin.

I rest my case
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by hugooh42(m): 12:30pm On Feb 09, 2010
i think soludo contributed his own quota in banking sector consolidation.dont forget the shock the banking system went through as a resulf of the recapitaliation.he was aware of the corruption the bank md's were engaged in but he exercised restrain in starting yet another fire.its on record he warned the md's not to disclose some of these banks or they will face the consequences.he hoped for a second tenure during which he would roll out the tanks.unfortunetely it was denied him. He had once said that what sanusi is doing now was his blue print.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by follyg: 1:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
He's not fit to be a Governor because he's not a man of his words. When he was leaving CBn, he said he was going back to the lecture room which he has missed so much only for him to attempt occupying Anambra Government House under the "do or die" party (PDP), dont forget he assumed PDP candidate under a non democratic procedure (no primary election). It is very likely he will not deliver on his electoral promises if he becomes the Governor (because he doesnt stand by what he says). We do not need people like SOLUDO on our political scene anymore, he has been infected with the PDP misgovernance bug, GOOD RIDDANCE
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by utumma: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2010
GOOD NAME IS BETTER THEN SILVER OR GOLD EVEN MONEY
soludo, why not say NO to them oh!. you have made a good name on CBN
Anambra's are supposed to beg you for a post NOT you contesting for !.
IF ONLY YOU HAD THINK TWICE.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by hugooh42(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
i am on grateful soludo came out and battled the UBA's and their bunch of charlattan to a stand still, from their grip on PDP in Anambra. WE SHOULD remember PDP in Anambra hitherto was made up of crook,kidnapper drug dealers who happened to rig their way to federal houses, but until he came out to contest, the party was held hostage by these group of savages .its unfortunate he did not win because of the infighting in the party. my advice for him is to sit down now and begin to draw and strategize , build a political base, woo your foes and build a solid base for 2014.he is no douts a man with ideas and vision, a first class material. anambrarians should be proud to have someone like soludo.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Lankeelambo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2010
He seemed like he had but he lacks O.T . I think he should go over to Nolly wood, since he feels good at everything, & play a key role in the comedy; " the wonder lips". I promise I'll buy a copy.
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by Witi(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
PDP National Financial Secretary, fool grin grin grin
Re: What Will Become Of Soludo? by sizzlers(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
let soludo board the next available flight to world bank, i think they will still reconsider cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ’s Adviser To Stand Surety For Suspected Subsidy Fraudster / Lai Mohammed’s Disinformation Tactics - Abati / Nigeria Not In Debt Crisis At The Moment—dmo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.