Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

There Is More To Life Than Chasing After Someone Who Doesn't Want To Be In Yours - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Is More To Life Than Chasing After Someone Who Doesn't Want To Be In Yours (479 Views)

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches / She Wants Me To Buy Her 66k Phone, But Doesn't Want Me To Touch Her / She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is More To Life Than Chasing After Someone Who Doesn't Want To Be In Yours by NaijaSlate: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
There is more to life than the person who walked away from you. There is more to life than chasing after someone who does not want to be in yours.

Trust me when I say — there is more to life.

There is laughing until your stomach aches more than your healing.

There are those family moments where you just look at all of them and you feel a completeness within you and suddenly everything feels alright again and the world is perfect.

There is going out with friends, going to fun places together or staying indoors to watch football or your favourite telenovela and laughing together and being happy that you are so damn lucky to be living at the same time as them, that you are so damn thankful you got to experience life with them by your side. They’ll scoop you into their arms and they will hug you so tight, that it will feel as if all of your broken pieces have finally come together again.

There are rainy evenings where you feel so cold yet so warm. The kind of evenings that feel like saltwater for your soul, the kind of evenings that cleanse you and hold you and make you feel so small, and so big at the same time.

There are crystallizing moments, in the middle of crowds, where you will connect with the fact that your hands don’t feel as heavy anymore, that your heart is floating above water for the first time in months, that you feel happy, and light and full of hope.

But most of all — there is you, in all of your glory and heart, learning how to love yourself day by day. There is you, in all of your depth, living, and feeling, and existing despite the hurt, despite the loss. There is you, being your own person, being your own strength. There is you, being there for yourself, for the first time in a long time. There is you, finding your own happiness.

Now that is something worth chasing. That is something to care about.

Original post http://naijaslate.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54&p=199&sid=fff7b1f9f76054f8ddce8841307c17b5#p199

1 Like

Re: There Is More To Life Than Chasing After Someone Who Doesn't Want To Be In Yours by Josephjnr(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
That's is a simple truth many of us don't know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Do These Two Things With Your Partner On Sundays – This Will Save You / My name is Augustus... / Now Ex-wife Speaks On Her 18-months Marriage Breakup With Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.