Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,094 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University (29558 Views)

7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office / Most Painful Life Experience (things I Wished I Have Never Done) / How To Become Financially Independent Before Graduating From School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by thesuave10(m): 10:37am On Jul 27, 2017
Elthugnificent:
what's the meaning of success?and which statistics are true and accurate? What's your source?

All these your lame ass mediocre questions. Use Google, it's your friend
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by saucepan: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2017
that your final exam starts from the very first test you take in your final year.

many people have entered university with the secondary school mentality that there is a final exam somewhere that will determine their grade. Truth is you determine your grade in university from your very first semester, nothing like final exam technically speaking.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Elthugnificent(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2017
thesuave10:

All these your lame ass mediocre questions. Use Google, it's your friend
my friend go earn your degree first, with your failure mentality. And dishing out statatistics without reference.
When you are done with your acedamics and finally figure what life is on about then you can come back and quote me.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by thesuave10(m): 11:26am On Jul 27, 2017
Elthugnificent:
my friend go earn your degree first, with your failure mentality. And dishing out statatistics without reference.
When you are done with your acedamics and finally figure what life is on about then you can come back and quote me.

OK remain in your poor job search as a success story .mediocre mind
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by NevetsIbot(m): 11:32am On Jul 27, 2017
[quote author=thesuave10 post=58876544]

[b]You didn't list anything. Anyways enjoy the illusion grin Your dreams and visions are an illusion. old fool
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by thesuave10(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2017
[quote author=NevetsIbot post=58878298][/quote]

OK illusionist grin

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by gorzy(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2017
another important thin people fail to do is to network and build contacts..as a young professional, most of your first jobs and contracts will come from friends and referrals.
university is a perfect opportunity to build lasting friendships and business relationships.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Damsman10(m): 11:49am On Jul 27, 2017
Moshkom:
Thou, i'm still in school but my Popular saying still goes like this "...Afterall, No Be By School"

wats it cgpa
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Elthugnificent(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2017
thesuave10:

OK remain in your poor job search as a success story .mediocre mind
and I told you I was searching for job? Continue with your assumptions about life. You are yet to get your first degrees but your know it is not by school.
Yea, I guess mediocre mind is better then a deluded one.
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by thesuave10(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Elthugnificent:
and I told you I was searching for job? Continue with your assumptions about life. You are yet to get your first degrees but your know it is not by school.
Yea, I guess mediocre mind is better then a deluded one.

It's good you've accepted your mediocrity. Jobless mediocre. Enjoy it in poverty grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Elthugnificent(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2017
It is people that are failing in school that always like to say it is not by school. Okay let assume that it is not, why don't you just do you what brought there and graduate well, after that you tackle whatever it is that comes next.
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Elthugnificent(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2017
thesuave10:

It's good you've accepted your mediocrity. Jobless mediocre. Enjoy it in poverty grin
if thats the only thing you could pick up from my post, then deal with it. I never attack your person because I don't know you, I will really appreciate if don't attack the messenger but the message. Do have a nice day, can't be doing this back and forth ish.
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by thesuave10(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Elthugnificent:
if thats the only thing you could pick up from my post, then deal with it. I never attack your person because I don't know you, I will really appreciate if don't attack the messenger but the message. Do have a nice day, can't be doing this back and forth ish.

OK.. undecided

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Oghumu1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
herkeym001:

I regret that i read this mumu curse course.

Why ?? Outline ur points so i dont make such mistakes... what really happened
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by herkeym001(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Oghumu1:

Why ?? Outline ur points so i dont make such mistakes... what really happened
Haaa! Me am just trying to be funny nio. Banking & Finance was my course, and I love it.

Always give a doubt to anything you see/read online.
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Czzy: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
femi4:
8. That you are a graduate doesn't stop you from learning special skills
. What special skills, please?
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Czzy: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
obataokenwa:
I didn't learn work before school but after school. If I will advice, if anyone got money, he should learn crane operator, training on oil and gas(BOSIET,HUET,EDH,MEA,HLO,SSO,RIVER MASTER, QUARTER MASTER, BANKSMAN... it costs huge money to get all this but you will get a nice job after it) , POP and screeding,

POP and screeding is the cheapest and within one year, you've learnt it and can start work.

The oil and gas courses can take you a month or two to get the certs them....if you must do it, make sure you get the best certs up-to Bosiet which may cost you up-to 500k to acquire but at the long run, one rig work will wipe away the tears in your family. it's also advisable to go learn it in South Africa if you can afford it or London. Pipeline welding is good too but should be learnt outside the country like Malaysia or Singapore.

If you don't have money, learn normal tiles and interlocking laying, conduit wiring, tailoring at a very good tailoring shop like Aba, Hair making etc
I am a graduate of Biochemistry. I have worked for six years with three companies. I lost the last job, now currently learning POP and Screeding from a Benin Republic man. I hope to make a strong headway with those skills after my apprenticeship. I have got three children already, so I must have to succeed on this.
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by obataokenwa(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
Czzy:
I am a graduate of Biochemistry. I have worked for six years with three companies. I lost the last job, now currently learning POP and Screeding from a Benin Republic man. I hope to make a strong headway with those skills after my apprenticeship. I have got three children already, so I must have to succeed on this.
You have taken the best decision bro. I hope you're not based in Lagos cos the job is not much there unlike in SE and Abuja. I wish Success bro. As soon as you start your own... no one will ever sack you again. Your education is an added advantage too to meet important people and do it maturely. Soon you will have boys doing it while you instruct them on different site

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Oghumu1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
herkeym001:

Haaa! Me am just trying to be funny nio. Banking & Finance was my course, and I love it.

Always give a doubt to anything you see/read online.

Okay u just scared me...thats actually my course still an undergraduate tho, just wanted to hear from you

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by edkai: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening fellow nairalanders. Pardon me for having to deviate from the topic...please I'd like to solicit your support on behalf of one of my protégés. I am a teacher.
Her name is Ayeni Olohije from Edo state. She is contesting for a scholarship position at the Royal Arts Academy courtesy Emem Isong. She needs as many votes as she can get right now. The contest is a very stiff one. So please help her to take a step closer to her dream of being a movie director by following her unique link below and vote for her. You are free to also drop a comment. I assure you, your vote is not wasted. Thank you and God bless you. Here is her link;
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by obataokenwa(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2018
Czzy:
Bro How far with your progress?
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by obataokenwa(m): 1:11am On Sep 10, 2018
Czzy:
Are u done with the training?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Project Management / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice / Hard Working Policewoman 'Mama G' Promoted In Bayelsa State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.