Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nifeicon: 9:33am On Dec 08, 2017
Thanks and God bless you.

saucepan:

I think during your work permit post graduation you can apply for permanent residency. Pls research on that. Wish you the very best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2017
Hello my beautiful people,

I really need you guys insight on my case. I got admitted in Canada, and at the same time in Germany.

Both schools are public Universities. As we all know that most German Universities don't charge tuition fee, but in my own case, am not exempted from paying tuition fee because I got admitted in one of the states that recently introduced tuition fee for international students.

However, am not in Nigeria and there is possibility to get credit transfer for a school in Canada, so it is possible to complete my Bachelor in 2.5-3years, while I need to start from the beginning and spend 3.5 years in Germany to complete my Bachelor.

What I would like to know is that, which of these two countries have more prospects and opportunities for International students after studies?

Thanks, I shall appreciate you guys input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2017
CanadianNurse:
lol bro sorry don’t mind the moniker I’m an engineer( soon sha) not a nurse moniker is just for Nairaland sake imagine say I come dey ask you abeg how much you be because I wan buy Cowleg grin cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ambidextrause: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2017
Congratulations!

GlitteringStar:
I've just got an offer of admission for Fall 2018.

The funding decision will be made in February by the school.

To God Alone Be The Glory.

#ShilohBlessing
#MyNewDawnIsHere
#TeamFall2018

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 10:45am On Dec 08, 2017
GlitteringStar:

#ShilohBlessing
#MyNewDawnIsHere
#TeamFall2018

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 11:41am On Dec 08, 2017
Pls house it is possible for me to go for 2 years diploma in public administration and management in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 08, 2017
Thank you! @Ayotho and @Ambidextrause
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adexyz91(m): 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
This was the mail I got after 13 weeks. Any advise from on the house how I can tackle the reasons stated here? Justwise etc. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
GlitteringStar:

#ShilohBlessing
#MyNewDawnIsHere
#TeamFall2018

Happy for you. Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by foreverkind1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
GlitteringStar:

#ShilohBlessing
#MyNewDawnIsHere
#TeamFall2018
Please sis ,what uni gave you admission, msc or PhD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
tommee:

See below answers

1. Yes cash only
2. Yes immediately after payment
3. All documents should be photocopies except bank statements and all letters addressed to the Canadian embassy

Goodluck

Thank you. More questions plz...
Please do I need to book appointment for submission? And will they collect my international passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Please @nwisipeter and @vtoluwalope, I'm sorry I can't reply your emails cos I can't access the email I registered with but I've changed it so you guys can send me the email again. Thanks and sorry for any inconveniences
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ggetter50:
Hello my beautiful people,

I really need you guys insight on my case. I got admitted in Canada, and at the same time in Germany.

Both schools are public Universities. As we all know that most German Universities don't charge tuition fee, but in my own case, am not exempted from paying tuition fee because I got admitted in one of the states that recently introduced tuition fee for international students.

However, am not in Nigeria and there is possibility to get credit transfer for a school in Canada, so it is possible to complete my Bachelor in 2.5-3years, while I need to start from the beginning and spend 3.5 years in Germany to complete my Bachelor.

What I would like to know is that, which of these two countries have more prospects and opportunities for International students after studies?

Thanks, I shall appreciate you guys input.

Both countries have comparable, almost the same kind of opportunities for international students. I have friends who are American citizens who left America and moved to Germany to study and are loving it. The free tuition in most universities there is a big attraction to many international students. This raises the competition of admission in Germany. As you know schooling in Canada or America can be very expensive and funding tough to come by. So if costs is a major concern, I will advice to go to Germany. Yes in Canada 4 years to complete an undergraduate degree and in Germany 3 years. Postgraduate is the same for both countries, 1-2 years.

In Canada as you may be aware, there is postgraduate work permit issued up to 3 years, depending on your level of program completion. You can use this work permit to work in any area of study. in Germany, their work permit after graduation is 18 months and you are required to work only in your area of studies to be approved by the authorities. In Canada, during your work permit, you can apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry Program. In Germany, to apply for permanent residency, you must have accumulated 5 years of physical presence in the country. So after 3 years of undergraduate study and working under work permit for another 18 months, would qualify you to apply for permanent residency.

Perhaps the most defining thing on what your decision on where to study should be based on, is the program you want to study. If you are interested in studying engineering or automotive technology, go to Germany. The best in the world. If interested in healthcare and computer science, go to Canada. Other considerations would be if you like a place where you can stand hearing and speaking German? Germany is your place. Or would you like a place like Nigeria steeped in English, but not the broken pidgin one? Canada is your place. Perhaps you like to think and write and enamored with the French language? The French speaking province of Quebec, Canada might hold your fancy.

Good luck.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Both countries have comparable, almost the same kind of opportunities for international students. I have friends who are American citizens who left America and moved to Germany to study and are loving it. The free tuition in most universities there is a big attraction to many international students. This raises the competition of admission in Germany. As you know schooling in Canada or America can be very expensive and funding tough to come by. So if costs is a major concern, I will advice to go to Germany. Yes in Canada 4 years to complete an undergraduate degree and in Germany 3 years. Postgraduate is the same for both countries, 1-2 years.

In Canada as you may be aware, there is postgraduate work permit issued up to 3 years, depending on your level of program completion. You can use this work permit to work in any area of study. in Germany, their work permit after graduation is 18 months and you are required to work only in your area of studies to be approved by the authorities. In Canada, during your work permit, you can apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry Program. In Germany, to apply for permanent residency, you must have accumulated 5 years of physical presence in the country. So after 3 years of undergraduate study and working under work permit for another 18 months, would qualify you to apply for permanent residency.

Perhaps the most defining thing on what your decision on where to study should be based on, is the program you want to study. If you are interested in studying engineering or automotive technology, go to Germany. The best in the world. If interested in healthcare and computer science, go to Canada. Other considerations would be if you like a place where you can stand hearing and speaking German? Germany is your place. Or would you like a place like Nigeria steeped in English, but not the broken pidgin one? Canada is your place. Perhaps you like to think and write and enamored with the French language? The French speaking province of Quebec, Canada might hold your fancy.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for your input. Actually, 3year of studies in Germany will be counted as 1.5year residence, this is very common in many European countries, so I don't know about Canada. The courses i was offered in both countries are almost in the same line.

What am actually looking for is, which one among these countries can one easily get work after studies, stay back after studies, and easily get their permanent residence.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ggetter50:

Thanks so much for your input. Actually, 3year of studies in Germany will be counted as 1.5year residence, this is very common in many European countries, so I don't know about Canada. The courses i was offered in both countries are almost in the same line.

What am actually looking for is, which one among these countries can one easily get work after studies, stay back after studies, and easily get their permanent residence.

Thanks

Hard to tell which one is easier. Both places you won't go wrong, easy to get job boils down to what you studied as I explained. Canada is sparsely populated and in need of skilled labor and immigrants to replace its aging population. But the express entry can be time consuming and complicated in comparison to Germany's seamless process of obtaining work permit and eventually permanent residency and citizenship in 8 years. I say easiness is relative but on average the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Please guys. What are the steps in applying for Canadian student visa. I have admission already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Hard to tell which one is easier. Both places you won't go wrong, easy to get job boils down to what you studied as I explained. Canada is sparsely populated and in need of skilled labor and immigrants to replace its aging population. But the express entry can be time consuming and complicated in comparison to Germany's seamless process of obtaining work permit and eventually permanent residency and citizenship in 8 years. I say easiness is relative but on average the same.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ubah1:
Please guys. What are the steps in applying for Canadian student visa. I have admission already

Go to page 0 of this forum to find information concerning visa application or follow the below link

https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72#19290079
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pls house it is possible for 3 deffient applicant use same person as there co sponsorship they are not Appling same year they are Appling year after the other
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by remebombom: 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
JoseJonn:

Sorry for the late response it took about 2months. When did u apply
it should be around 2 months now. So I should be hoping to hear from them any moment. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nwisipeter: 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
Tunba28:

To the best of my knowledge, a statement of result is quite different from a transcript. A transcript is a document that shows your TCO (Total Credit Offered), TCP (Total Credit Passed) for each educational session and your CGPA. So if you've a statement of result, you don't have your transcript yet.

2. This depends on you, either ways leads to the same result so it is what you're comfortable doing that is okay. So many people submit online and so many people also submit via paper route.

3. Oh well yes cos I think NYSC discharge certificate is an important document to submit along with your application. You can ask other people though but every person I've seen their timeline submitted their NYSC discharge cert with their application.

I hope this helps. God bless

Thanks so much for d info am appreciating it... Am drawing strength from dis forum... Thanks to everyone.

But i wish to ask.
I went to a sch, madonna wer dey dnt giv students or graduates transcripts weda official or not... Dey send to a sch or probably an embassy.
Pls can i jes send my transcript to d embassy and wen is it appropraite; is it before i start the visa application, during the application or after the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:53am On Dec 09, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Thank you. More questions plz...
Please do I need to book appointment for submission? And will they collect my international passport?

You aint booking nada, they will attend to you on first come first serve basis

The office opens 8.am and sure you passport will be collected
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoeludayo39: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hello guys, CIC said I applied for student permit since Sept. 29th. CIC sent a mail that I have a new message. My eligibility changed to 'We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below'

I have searched for the message atleast to know the reason. I can't find any attachment in the 'correspondence letter'.

Kindly help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by millybushy: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
Visa Approved!!! Glory be to God, and thanks to @wealth360, @jejelaye1,@jnyuwa02. Between, I am a very silent follower. Will update my profile soon.

PhD at USASK

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoeludayo39: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hello guys, I just saw this message in my Eligibility: 'We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below'

However, I still can't find any attachment from the message.

What can I do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye1: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Sorry for the delay.

Click on the correspondence letter dated December 8th. It will download your refusal letter.

Thanks

hoeludayo39:
Hello guys, I just saw this message in my Eligibility: 'We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below'

However, I still can't find any attachment from the message.

What can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
millybushy:
Visa Approved!!! Glory be to God, and thanks to @wealth360, @jeyelaiye,@jnyuwa02. Between, I am a very silent follower. Will update my profile soon.

PhD at USASK

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
millybushy:
Visa Approved!!! Glory be to God, and thanks to @wealth360, @jeyelaiye,@jnyuwa02. Between, I am a very silent follower. Will update my profile soon.

PhD at USASK

Congrats on your trv approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
millybushy:

PhD at USASK
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pls house no one have respond to my message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
Cherryola:
Pls house it is possible for 3 deffient applicant use same person as there co sponsorship they are not Appling same year they are Appling year after the other

It is very possible. The important thing is to ensure the sponsors account is buoyant enough during the application process to convince the VO that the applicants tuition and living expenses can be catered for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoeludayo39: 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
Sorry for the delay.

Click on the correspondence letter dated December 8th. It will download your refusal letter.

Thanks

Thanks bro, I have done that severally, all to no avail. I have sent mail to them anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.