Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku (19910 Views)

Tinubu Brought Dogara Back To APC, Atiku Is Next – Bamgbose / Don't Vote For APC, Atiku Tells North East Citizens / I’m The Only Candidate That Can Defeat APC –atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by aminulive: 4:29am On Jul 28, 2017
Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar has weighed in on the recent rejection of the devolution of powers to states bill by the Senate in a series of constitutional amendments.

Atiku expressed shock at the decision of the Senate to block the passage of Bill No. 3 which would have led to the devolution of powers to states. In a statement made available to PoliticsNGR on Thursday, Abubakar complained about the lost opportunity to fulfil one of the APC's election promises which was to restructure the country.

The statement read;

“This blockage of the bill by an APC-led senate majority is a betrayal of our party’s pre-election promises. It was an important vote and I’m shocked by some so-called progressives’ visceral and cynical opposition to restructuring.

He expressed dissatisfaction over the "alleged reluctance of democratically elected lawmakers to remove the insidious structural impediments to development which decades of military rule had hoisted upon our nation."

He argued; "“Instead of building the foundations for a true federation, a small group of so-called progressive senators decided to stick with the new party line, pretending they didn’t know what restructuring was all about, and that even if they knew, it couldn’t be done.

I think this is disingenuous, and I think it is a sad day for our party. But I’m confident the APC will learn the right lesson from this self-inflicted defeat and remember the mission and mandate given to us by the people".

Atiku also advised Nigerian lawmakers to do what is right and not make decisions based on self-interest.

“Let me be clear: restructuring is no panacea to all our nation’s problems. But devolving resources and responsibilities from an overbearing, unresponsive, and ineffective Federal Government to the states is the first step we must make if we are serious about putting our nation back on track, and our people back to work,”

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/28/restructuring-senate-betrayed-apc-atiku/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by mormonslayer: 4:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Fool me ones shame on me! This idiot is acting all self-righteous like we don't know his only campaigning for 2019.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Baawaa(m): 4:46am On Jul 28, 2017
It is now that you are out of the cage,and the senators you are talking about,are they not your boys.

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Flyingngel(m): 5:01am On Jul 28, 2017
This man is just looking for ways to endear himself to the Southern part of Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by hardywaltz(m): 5:04am On Jul 28, 2017
Atiku go and rest
U will never be President

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by originals1(m): 5:08am On Jul 28, 2017
I dn't think anybody will vote for him Infact self i ain't voting for anybody...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by ajepako(f): 5:10am On Jul 28, 2017
APC doesn't need anyone to betray it..

It does it better to itself..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by gentlepraise(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2017
These Nairalanders self... How can u leave the message and be attacking the messenger?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by rainylad(f): 6:03am On Jul 28, 2017
...'Senate betrayed APC',yet APC domniate the senate?...Atiku you and your northern nomadic co-travelers can keep deceiving yourselves..but have it in mind that someday soon..the chicken will come home to roost.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Atiku2019: 6:03am On Jul 28, 2017
100% Restructuring Shikena

Atiku 2019

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Raphtop(m): 6:03am On Jul 28, 2017
This Atiku self ehn, is restructuring all about APC or the Nigerian populace?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Ibifizzleboy(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2017
fake sympathizer

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Samunique(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2017
ajepako:
A)PC doesn't need anyone to betray it..
It does it better to itself..
Gbamu !!!
But na now this atiku de wake up?
Chaii, politicians with eye service !!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Whether Nigeria likes it or not restructuring must occur. It is only a matter of time! As crude oil revenue dries up the states would have to fend for their selves the more and to do this they will request that they get more of the revenue they attract to their states in the form of company tax and taxes on natural resources.
Atiku is looking good for 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by FreeSpirited: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Some people should not be allowed to speak on Nigeria. Anytime this man decries any issue in Nigeria, I can only see desperate attempt to endear himself with Nigerians.

I have a better chance of becoming the president of this country if I had the money this idiot has.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by obembet(f): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2017
APC BETRAYED NIGERIANS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by hjedua(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by KayDEAN(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2017
APC (ALL PEN!S CUM)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 28, 2017
I see
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by theophorus(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2017
...Mr. Atiku even if you Restructure some people will still cry of Marginalisation...

Our problem is "Human Resources"

We have Leadership problem.

I will prefer each Man go to bear His father's name. So that the Cry-Cry babies will stop blaming others for their Misfortune.

Let Every region go and bear their name after then there can be alignment and realignment.

Vision 2020. (Every region should put necessary structure in place)

Though I feel some people's action may speed up the process.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by KayDEAN(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2017
People will sure return to pdp come 2019
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by KayDEAN(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2017
C
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Cutezt(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Firefire(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Muhomodu Buhary & APC promised Nigerians restructuring, this was even part of Buhary's personal covenant during campaign. Painfully, all the 'elements' at the National Assembly rode on this FAKE promises to power.

If Buhary is indisposed and is no where to be found, or rather missing, what about the majority APC members at the National Assembly? Don't they all shared in the CHANGE ideology?

This simply means Nigerians has been hoodwinked to vote professional liars & career rogues.

Hence, APC can NEVER deliver any meaningful change until their time fades off in 2019.

Btw: we warned you against the amalgamation & coming together of these vultures, parasites & deceivers.

I rest my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by apesinola001: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2017
On to the next one, pls
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2017
take it or leave it, Atiku says the truth when it comes to National issues.. The Nigerian senate to me, is representing people in a country on another planet not the Nigerian people..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Buking1: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2017
embarassed
On their mind you wan make governors dey call them small boys
Anyway Nigeria politics is always tell them what they want to hear from the beginning then when we enter we will do what pleases us jaree
Even Atiku self I know will change once He smell that seat bet me and see ur hand bend

Come into this app lets debate it live
U can create your policis chat room so people can join
Sabichat app is the new naija hangout app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sabichat.app
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by ojimbo(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2017
This is a clear indication that this so-called leaders and senators doesn't have our interest in mind. Thier kids are all living in abroad, they study in the best universities, live in the best cities in thr world, they enjoy the best thry can while we are here in Nigeria and can't boast of 6 hours electricity in a day
This is Democracy and the power belongs to the people. We must reconstruct Nigeria weater the senate or those old fools like it or not!
Biafrans youths , Niger Deltans youths, Oduduwas youths. Put all difference aside and lets shut down this country, forget about the negative inpact it will create now. But the future will be much better.
Time to act is now. Shut down this country!

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2017
mormonslayer:
Fool me ones shame on me! This idiot is acting all self-righteous like we don't know his only campaigning for 2019.
Don't mind the idiot.
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by maxiuc(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2017
Is there a party called APC

Our ugu leave is still been sprinkled water to be fresh in far onyibo man labs
Re: Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku by Ratello: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Things fall apart and the centre cannot hold!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) / Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.