Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline (27237 Views)

INEC Goes After Campaign Spending Violators As Fear Grips Politicians / Enugu 2019: Fear In Government House As Gov. Ugwuanyi Loses Control To Nnamani / 2019: 15 Governors, 80 Senators, Others Set To Battle Buhari- NewTelegraphOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by dre11(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Posted by Anule Emmanuel

Indications have emerged that the improving health status of President Muhammadu Buhari is unsettling several politicians scheming to contest the presidency in 2019. Buhari, who left the country on May 7 to London, for follow-up medical checks, is said to be recuperating fast from an undisclosed ailment.

A senior presidency source, who prefers not to be quoted, confirmed to our correspondent yesterday that recent development regarding how fast the president is getting better and the fact that he may soon return, has thrown some very powerful politicians off balance.

The source disclosed that intelligence information before the presidency revealed that many of the big politicians, especially in the North who are jostling to succeed President Buhari should he fail to recontest the 2019 election, “want him dead.”

Some of the prominent names being mentioned on the All Progressives Congress (APC) card as possible presidential hopeful in 2019 from the North include former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Kano State governor, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, Governors Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto) and Kashim Shettima (Borno).

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced in March this year that the 2019 presidential election will hold on February 16, barely 19 months from now. Buhari, who is constitutionally entitled to two terms of four years each, has spent about 79 days in London attending to his health.

According to the presidency source, the reopened visits by governors to the President in London has come as shock to many of the politicians who believed that he will not survive from the current sickness. “Man proposes, God disposes. Very soon, treacherous people will become sycophants.

“The confirmation that Mr. President is well has scattered some politicians’ dream. The latest information on the President’s health is really a cog in the wheel of their ambition,” the presidency source said. Another aide of the President, who pleaded anonymity, told New Telegraphthat those scheming for 2019 are surprisingly persons close to the corridors of power in the presidency. “Some have already established offices in their states with campaign structures.

I think they will have to go for a plan B,” he said. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo who visited Buhari two weeks ago, confirmed that the President was recuperating very fast and will soon return to the country. The president’s wife, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, who is currently with him in London, had also thanked God for answering the prayers of Nigerians as her husband was getting better to return soon. Four governors, led by the National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, visited the President on Sunday where they had lunch with him.

They were the governors of Kaduna, Nasarawa, Kogi, Imo and the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi. On Wednesday, seven other governors, led by the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Abdulaziz Yari, again met with the President in London.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/07/2019-fear-grips-politicians-buharis-health-presidency/
Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2017
Thank God hence my God says fear not.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by chivic(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2017
We pray and hope he is fully well to function as a president not well to go and seat in Aso rock

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Ehiscotch(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2017
It has already made Fayose and FFK look stupid. grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by nrexzy: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Them never start to fear.....
They would leave their offices n resign soon...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by effty(m): 9:15am On Jul 28, 2017
I am not afraid cos the seemingly good health is just a late rally before passing to the great beyond. We are waiting.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by KingLennon(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Fear wetin? Buhari wer suppoz resign but APC dea hold am. After his four years, he will go and rest or to die for office dey hungry am?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by NonFarmPayrol: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2017
nothing special

the dollard resignation is imminent

we need someone vibrant to run this country not an injury player

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Why nah?

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by yankeedude(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Good for them
Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
why are they afraid ,,,thought he is healthy and hearty....mtchew

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by alphaconde(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
in a few years i will give up on this country and formally disconnect my sef from same, i cant continue giving suggestions and praying for a country that is not ready to change.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by lloydtruth: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
I'm waiting for buhari to campaign across the 36 states, power hungry idi0ts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by theophorus(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
...I feel Buhari will only return to Handover.

...Though I feel this is one of those "Beer-parlour" gist.

Everybody get Ambition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
Sadly I don't believe this. However I would not wish death on anyone. May he recover soon. sad

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by GodsMopol: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
It was like a moment of silence (like a billion years)

Welcome back from the break.
Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by originalKsp(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2017
it's good that PMB's health is improving, but it will be sucidal for him to think of contesting in 2019

I Will Create An Awesome #Explainer
#Video For N2, 500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HXYdIH7_xk

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Tyot50: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
O
Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by emmanwandud(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
Who in his right senses would vote baba go slow for the 2nd time ?
Instead I vote shekau.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Olukat(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
No right thinking Nigerian would back Buhari in 2019 shocked shocked shocked
Please the old man need rest

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by sample09: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
Nigeria? Where are we heading?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by magoo10(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
Buhari is very unfit to lead Nigeria,he is a product of greed and jealousy .the same way a Yoruba man was used to bring in a sick yaradua same way BAT bola Ahmed tinubu was used to bring a 'sick in the brain' buhari. their evil has been exposed hence the confusion in the land
We will continue to pray and they will continue to be disgraced .

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by NaoSlay: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
grin grin
Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
Nonsense.

We have people that can contest against him even without his illness

1. Saraki
2. Ekweremadu
3. Atiku
4. Osinbajo

To mention a few
Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by jydeskill1(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria! !!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2017
THOSE POLITICIANS WILL WANT TO PACKAGE MORE ADVANCED FETISH MATERIALS TO ASO ROCK SINCE THE PREVIOUS ONES ARE NOT WORKING. SO SURE MANY OF THEM HAVE GONE THROUGH RITUAL AND FETISH PROCESSES SO THAT BUHARI'S HEALTH DETERIORATE

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2017
effty:
I am not afraid cos the seemingly good health is just a late rally before passing to the great beyond. We are waiting.
wickedness

1 Like

Re: 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline by tete7000(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Who wan vote Buhari for a second term? That will be height of stupidity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Burial Of 11 Soldiers That Died During Exercise Ayem Akpatuma / Elisha Abbo: Protesters Storm Police Headquarters, Call For Senator's Arrest / Yaya Tongo Resigns From The APC (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.