Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,570 members, 7,840,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? (870 Views)

Have You Ever Dated Or Had Sex With Your Neighbor ? And How Did It Go� / How Did You Find Out That You're Being Cheated On? / If U Have A Large Dick, Come In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by NaoSlay: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
I remember the day I was to present a project in my year 1 in unilag , I have been notified by the lecturer that it was the following week I will present mine , TBVH , I formed that week that I was having cough, that my voice was bad , she gave me grace till the next week , the next week came , mehn , I just weak anyhow , sha sha , the D Day came , i went to the back to sit down . grin grin

Before I knew what was happening , I have started opening Google sites on how to avoid pressure and all that , see fear mehn, I could not get any reasonable clue , so I gave myself faith , I was called later to that it was my turn to present , see fear at first , my legs was shaking already and hands , my voice was still normal tho , fast toward , like 5 Mins , I got myself back to the extent I was even enjoying it , I did not even shake again in the presentation

That my experience , share yours too cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
That was during debating days in secondary school, I almost peed on my pants cos of fear of crowd, all eyes were on me, but I did well.

Then I thought my problems were over till I entered university and I was meant to teach/defend my assignments in front of the class every semester, na there kasala burst but I've overcome such fears thanks to my mean lecturers.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
Actually I am good in project presentation and debates but for some odd reasons I can't stand and just speak to the public without proper preparation on what to talk about

I mean just addressing the public without preparing or praying in public
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by ekensi01: 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
So many times.

Just take the crown as your mate and be confidence of what you"re coming to do simple.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Maccarthy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
Rorachy:
That was during debating days in secondary school, I almost peed on my pants cos of fear of crowd, all eyes were on me, but I did well.

Then I thought my problems were over till I entered university and I was meant to teach/defend my assignments in front of the class every semester, na there kasala burst but I've overcome such fears thanks to my mean lecturers.
Explain dat your 'na there kasala burst' statement...what r u hiding?
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by nepapole(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
Always the worst moment of my life. My stage fright no be here oo.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lol what if you witness a phD thesis defence before professors and audience. Well its the easiest thing so long you believe you are just yourself without d help of anyone. I usually have a little phobia if d audience is new to me but once they're people I'm used to its so easy. I was the rep/gov of my class for 5 years..over 105 students.

The ocassions also matter. If you're a special guest at a live telecast especially d type that d audience will be silent in d dark and the round light will be showing on you alone on stage, ur dressing and use of english will comes to play.

Then whether they're youths or elders older than you, or if its an official place or a fun place like doing MC
etc.

Just know all VIPs are to be acknowledged no matter when they walk in and if you have to interrupt a persons speech you have to apologize for cutting him up etc. Just observe all protocols of being of good courtesy and not be too forward. I used to be very shy before but now i don't see it as such a big deal anymore.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Maccarthy(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
Am afraid to stand nd speak infront of a crowd becos whenever i speak people tend to be overly interested in me...making me reducing my eye contact with them. There is something about my voice like what my frnds say.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Me77: 12:32am On Jul 29, 2017
There's this special eyeglasses when you wear it, every person behind the lens will appear as chicken. That glass really helped me during my project and seminar presentation.
Come and see the way I was speaking anyhow and giving lectures in largely Hall, because all I see before me are big big chickens, that's how I almost forgot and called one of my lecturer "stupid chicken", he keeps asking me so silly questions. Sha that's a story for another day.
As of now I have passed the glasses to my younger sister and she's making great use of it, giving motivational speech all over the campus.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Emodeee: 4:30am On Jul 29, 2017
NaoSlay:
I remember the day I was to present a project in my year 1 in unilag , I have been notified by the lecturer that it was the following week I will present mine , TBVH , I formed that week that I was having cough, that my voice was bad , she gave me grace till the next week , the next week came , mehn , I just weak anyhow , sha sha , the D Day came , i went to the back to sit down . grin grin

Before I knew what was happening , I have started opening Google sites on how to avoid pressure and all that , see fear mehn, I could not get any reasonable clue , so I gave myself faith , I was called later to that it was my turn to present , see fear at first , my legs was shaking already and hands , my voice was still normal tho , fast toward , like 5 Mins , I got myself back to the extent I was even enjoying it , I did not even shake again in the presentation

That my experience , share yours too cheesy

what was your grade?cheesy.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by NaoSlay: 8:57am On Jul 29, 2017
[quote author=Emodeee post=58934517]

what was your grade?cheesy. [/quote
Am in second year now , my GP first year was 4.1
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Buharison: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2017
Yes I when I addressed some Igbos zombie,
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2017
I'm an expert in public speaking, an orator, a crowd puller.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2017
For the kind of secondary school I attended it was a norm that once or twice a week the SP and DSP where made to lead assembly or could delegate to a student from the crowd. From the experience I had; always addressing students, I don't know if I could ever have a stage freight.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Emodeee: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2017
NaoSlay:

i think say you done graduate ni. which course are you studying?
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by NaoSlay: 9:55am On Jul 29, 2017
Emodeee:

i think say you done graduate ni. which course are you studying?

Computer science.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by SoftNANA09(f): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2017
Countless times
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by czarina(f): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Me77:
There's this special eyeglasses when you wear it, every person behind the lens will appear as chicken. That glass really helped me during my project and seminar presentation.
Come and see the way I was speaking anyhow and giving lectures in largely Hall, because all I see before me are big big chickens, that's how I almost forgot and called one of my lecturer "stupid chicken", he keeps asking me so silly questions. Sha that's a story for another day.
As of now I have passed the glasses to my younger sister and she's making great use of it, giving motivational speech all over the campus.
wish I had that glass some 7yrs ago as a freshman, worst, I was made the class rep and that meant standing up every time to pass the attendance and some other things I could have done sitting down but them no gree ...being the first to present seminars cos my dear lecturers felt they were doing me some honor(I died everytime I got up to speak ) . Not as bad now but those glasses could still come handy.
Re: Have You Ever Spoke In Front Of A Large Group Of People? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yep.. Even in primary, n sec.. Whenever it z tym 4 debate..am always dia...we compete with oda schools.. As 4 sec.. Our VP wan kill us with seminar nd articles...fia English.! U will even write story nd explain it to d whole class..sumtyms inside a hall filled with students....

Being a layreader in church z nt a small tine.. All eyes wil be on u.. And if u dnt take tym u will start shaking or crying...

So i dnt av anytine lyk stage fright... Tnkx to My VP kiss buh she can talk ehh!

(1) (Reply)

Is It True People Have Sex Most On Sundays In Lagos?? / 15 Mind-blowing Divorce Settlements That’ll Make Single People Laugh / I'm Waiting For Law Of Karma If It's Real!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.