Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked (95761 Views)

Benjamin Ola. Akande Appointed As President Of Champlain College In America / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by freshest4live: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2017
Marotzke:
where did you get this "our" stuff from?
You are not even a Nigerian.
They just stay in their town in Nigeria and then compare other countries to that town as Nigeria.
Someone even said only Osun has the best secondary schools, lol.
I stay in warri, and l've seen some very beautiful secondary schools with serene environments like Cambridge, Standard, etc. In PH, Amaechi did some good works with the public schools, but l admit that generally our public schools have been neglected.

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by jbtobsyn(m): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2017
@OP it start with you and your kids.When all these are finally provided,teach your kids not to spoil them.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2017
ApostleJSuleman:
What do u expect in a gathering of black men?

Nigeria has the highest population of blacks. So you should expect the worse economic activities..

Others have lesser numbers, so theirs won't be as bad as Nigerians..

Blacks are savage animals
Some will come for your head, but you spoke the fact.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by iamord(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2017
eluquenson:
If Ghana has the resources we have in Nigeria, they would have become a great nation
apparently Ghana just like Nigeria is well endowed and rich in natural resources and has approximately all the resources you can find in Nigeria. Above all the greater resources is the labour force . That's the greatest asset
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by CocoaOla: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2017
may god help Nigeria ooo i don tire self
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2017
Notatribalist:
did u just say Nigeria has the worst economic activities? Charlie, I reside in Ghana and I must confess that Ghana is a complete mess when it comes to economy.. Transport fare are astronomically high,infact ,Ghana is the worst country to live in among the countries I have lived in.the only Good thing is that the people are welcoming so there is Peace. Aside that Ghana is far lacking behind.Ghana as a whole has only two fly over, compare to the many fly over in Lagos alone.abeg non compare Nigeria with Ghana.I take God beg you.

Apart from the high living costs, which I did not like back then, I still preferred my stay in Gh to Ng

If not for anything, no generator noise.

5 Likes

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by freshest4live: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2017
kingsley666:
we visited 107 schools.our Nigerian team were very surprised,we attested to the fact that they have better secondary schools than us.our problem as Nigerians is that we don't accept the truth.i can go on and post more pics.what pains me is that they are all government schools
How many places in Nigeria have you guys been to?
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by mzjaney(f): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2017
nextprince:
Pretty sure if the school fees paid in those schools are introduced in Nigeria, we will make a hell lot of noise.

But they are all govt schs na.

Do govt schs pay heavily too?
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by mofewilkie(m): 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
FTrebirth:
yes, based on size. ghana is not as big as lagos and ogun put together yet they have more facilities in their public schools than we do. how many secondary schools in nigeria can compare with these ones the op is showing us here? so if were as big as nigeria we wouldn't have anything here to compare with them at all.

Shhh. Ghana is not Togo or Benin. it is definitely bigger than Lagos + Ogun

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Emmanueledu(m): 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
When you look at the structures in most of the schools,u will see that they are possibly former mission schools.This is what Mr Peter Obi did during his tenure as the Governor of Anambra state,and this has improved the level and quality of education in the state.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by sirjomore(m): 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
ApostleJSuleman:
What do u expect in a gathering of black men?

Nigeria has the highest population of blacks. So you should expect the worse economic activities..

Others have lesser numbers, so theirs won't be as bad as Nigerians..

Blacks are savage animals
I'm so sorry you're black too
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by AreaFada2: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
Ghanians are really getting there in every facet. We just dey make noise in 9ja.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by kingsley666(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2017
St. Peter's high school.this school is located in a village but look

2 Likes

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by bonifieldstun(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2017
Op see a u type am like say na one dustbin school u wan show us tcheww u fall my leg
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Bizibi(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2017
spaggyy:
And Last last day have poor Spoken English
who told you they don't speak eng well?

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by mofewilkie(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2017
It's only to brag about jollof rice that we know.
Oh well, God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by supereagle(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2017
May God deliver from the politicians holding us back.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by freshest4live: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2017
kingsley666:
St. Peter's high school.this school is located in a village but look
Our public schools are not good and they are free. But we have lots of private schools like this in places like Warri.
Where do you stay in Nigeria?
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by nextprince: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
mzjaney:

But they are all govt schs na.

Do govt schs pay heavily too?
Public schools are practically free in Nigeria.

Fyi, there are public schools whose tuition fees are more expensive than privately owned schools.

Even in Nigeria, I know of one in Kebbi state under Kebbi state govt. Abdullahi Fodio Primary and Secondary school, Birnin Kebbi. Its facilities are comparable with the ones displayed here.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by kingsley666(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
Every single secondary school in ghana have this government bus..niaja we don die

2 Likes

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by freshest4live: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
nextprince:

Public schools are practically free in Nigeria.

Fyi, there are public schools whose tuition fees are more expensive than privately owned schools.

Even in Nigeria, I know of one in Kebbi state under Kebbi state govt. Abdullahi Fodio Primary and Secondary, Birnin Kebbi. It's facilities are comparable with the ones displayed here.
They compare apple with oranges.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by richiepolymer(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
kingsley666:
Their secondary schools have better facilities than our universities..God come save niaja

You just spoke my mind. Recent structures built in our universities aren't worth shit! It tells us how poor we are in architecture and sense of beauty.
Even our private schools can't match these schools in Ghana. We care much about profit and business such that education to Nigeria is rather a business venture than a means for nation building.

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Themandator: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
ogtavia:
when you have a government that places premium on education...this is the result...the problem is not that this can't be done in Nigeria...the real problem is,one way or the other...corruption will creep in and the cost of even upgrading our dilapidated government schools will be higher than it would cost to be build new schools...We aren't ready for democracy yet we are merely joking...both leaders and the led...

Until the country is restructured so every region pursues what is of interest to them this can never happen , comprehensively in Nigeria ... Every records shows that education is a thing for the south but the managers of Nigeria who are largely from the north will not and never allocate resources according to this fact. ...Father they allocate resources using indices that distort proper advancement believing they are holding it down for their region

Let the Yorubas run their affairs , let the Igbos do same , let the north be free to concentrate on Quranic recitation and the facilities will reflect this direction.

The entire population of professors who are of northern origin ,starting from Abuja, can be found in a single state or state down south yet the fund expense in the north in education by the government doesn't reflect this fact
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Emtol01: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2017
Why are you shocked Op? Sincerely speaking come to Osun and see better government schools. You'll be amazed. Osogbo Girls High School and the one along brewery road in Ilesha are far better than the one in the pictures
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by kingsley666(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2017
freshest4live:

Our public schools are not good and they are free. But we have lots of private schools like this in places like Warri.
Where do you stay in Nigeria?
yes as for private schools we have numerous of them like this.but that one only the rich go there to study.why don't we invest in government schools so that both poor and rich can get equal opportunities

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by henryhemon(m): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2017
Michelle55:
awww,nice structures. just fell in love with the schools, hope to start a family there someday so as to enable my future offsprings attend one of the schools.

With that your profile pic you see why Biafra will be a hell of a place.
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by mofewilkie(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2017
spaggyy:
And Last last day have poor Spoken English

Don't go there... they speak very good english with proper articulation.
We as Nigerians don't even speak English the way the owners of the language do.
Every English speaking African country has. influenced the language with an accent

2 Likes

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by kunleyy(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2017
kingsley666:
See better secondary schools oo bro.eno b private o Ibi government schools wey anibody fit go there

college na university nd high school na secondary school so did is obviously a university not a secondary school
Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by achimotan(m): 10:36am On Jul 30, 2017
In Ghana alumni of secondary schools help in the development of their schools. We take pride in the school we attended and organise activities to raise funds.
At Achimota school ,it is mandatory for every year group after 20 years of completion to identity a need and address it.A year group decided to build 2 tennis courts for the school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by Kenchukky(m): 10:36am On Jul 30, 2017
My Brother go and make money and send your children outside the country to study. Non of your leaders has his children studying in Nigeria including the President. Stop complaining and do the needful. Even when you have malaria try go to London for treatment. A country where senate banned some malaria drugs and NAFDAC says they are not banned. Work hard and make God pick your call.

1 Like

Re: Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked by majekobaje1: 10:37am On Jul 30, 2017
op go and check oso grammar school and ataoja grammar school @ osogbo and come back or google it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.