Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does (25994 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) / Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

That does not answer my question. I will ask again in case you missed it the first time

It answers your question . Anything we see as God /gods , as an atheist you just reject the deification.

Example : If i see my chair as a god , your job as an atheist is to reject the godhood status I've conferred upon my chair .

In short , asking which god is an irrelevant question , just don't see what a theist see as god as a god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:
What has Johny been doing since? You're yet to refute his last post.
Its very easily refutable, we have digressed away from the topic though .

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It answers your question . Anything we see as God /gods , as an atheist you just reject the deification.

Example : If i see my chair as a god , your job as an atheist is to reject the godhood status I've conferred upon my chair .

In short , asking which god is an irrelevant question , just don't see what a theist see as god as a god.

Lol. Well you cannot blame us since even you theists have trouble agreeing on what/who god is, it's characteristics, it's temper, it's allegiance and hobbies are

Like Johnnydon22 said earlier, give us a proper definition of "God" and then we will be able to have a meaningful discussion. Till then, this is just another thread against atheism and none in favor of the god you want us to talk about

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

Pardon me Bubu, but if atheists should discuss god and not religion then which god exactly should we discuss about?

Does it matter? Your definition of atheism refutes God or gods so feel free to take your pick. How many gods do you know about?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

Lol. Well you cannot blame us since even you theists have trouble agreeing on what/who god is, it's characteristics, it's temper, it's allegiance and hobbies are

Like Johnnydon22 said earlier, give us a proper definition of "God" and then we will be able to have a meaningful discussion. Till then, this is just another thread against atheism and none in favor of the god you want us to talk about

One of yours named Jackfizzle defined God as PRIMITIVE and I asked him to give me his MODERN version and he went mute. Can you assist?

Asking me to define God is laughable. You said he does not exist! Why do you say this and how did you know this? Surely your idea of how God is defined is part of why you refute his existence so what's your apt definition of God that broke you?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

Does it matter?

Yes it matters

Your definition refutes God or gods do feel free to take your pick. How many gods do you know about?

Since we are Nigerians, let us start with Allah and Jehovah/Yahweh. Which of this god is the true god that deserves our attention?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CatfishBilly: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its very easily refutable, we have digressed away from the topic though .
I don't see why this is causing an argument.
Someone can be an atheist and a religious skeptic. They are not mutually exclusive.
I am an atheist and a religious skeptic, so I can discuss religion as I damn see fit.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

Yes it matters

Since we are Nigerians, let us start with Allah and Jehovah/Yahweh. Which of this god is the true god that deserves our attention?

You already have your answer since you say God or gods do not exist. So does whichever matter? I do not believe Yahweh and Allah are restricted to Africa or Nigeria. Remember your atheist definition says God or gods. So where do you wish to begin?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I don't see why this is causing an argument.
Someone can be an atheist and a religious skeptic. They are not mutually exclusive.
I am an atheist and a religious skeptic, so I can discuss religion as I damn see fit.

are you agnostic?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

One of yours named Jackfizzle defined God as PRIMITIVE and I asked him to give me his MODERN version and he went mute. Can you assist?

I don't think there is a modern version of god. Jehovah for instance still rides around in horses and it's angels use swords. A "modern" god would have a fleet of warships, fighter jets and automatic rifles. Or maybe lazer guns.

Asking me to define God is laughable. You said he does not exist!

How do you know god is a "he"?

Why do you say this and how did you know this?

Because there is no proof it does

Surely your idea of how God is defined is part of why you refute his existence so what's your apt definition of God that broke you?

Broke me? How do you mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CoolUsername: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is just one problem you have . I'm always careful to note out positions that certain people hold on a particular concept and not generalize but you just don't seem to care . And stop pontificating for crying out loud

There are 3 concepts of creation and one of them disagrees with non-existence as the default of reality

If non-existence is the default for reality then God must have started to exist as Johnny said earlier, how then did this happen? If existence is the default, then why is a creator required?

KingEbukasBlog:

What if ? Lol

So how does this preclude infinite regress ? What did the 1,000,698,006th form of the universe take ? Oh wait ! What did the 2,405,569,382,687th form of the universe take ? grin

Do you think these things through , because apparently you don't .

It doesn't preclude anything but the existence of God. I'm humble enough to say that I don't know. Rather, you dream up a God concept and try your best to find evidence to support it.

The Universe existing in some form stretching through time is far more likely than even a single omnipotent being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

You already have your answer since you say God or gods do not exist.

No I do not actually. You have not answered the question

So does whichever matter?

Oh, it does to me

I do not believe Yahweh and Allah are restricted to Africa or Nigeria.

Most Nigerians are either Muslim or Christian. Most people are not even aware there are other gods and some even say Allah and Jehovah are the same

Remember your atheist definition says God or gods. So where do you wish to begin?

Let us begin with Allah and Jehovah but first I need to know which of these gods is the real one then we can continue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course , religious skepticism is inherent in deism . Deism naturally questions religion .

Good. So what's the fuss then if some atheists discuss religion? Are they some kind of aliens exempted from the right to criticize ideas?

If anybody can criticize religion, why you crying foul about atheists critiques on religion. How about you be honest and tell us you want the atheists to stop making a joke of your god, because I don't see the point of this thread. This is akin to asking atheists to stop discussing politics since it has nothing to do with god.

KingEbukasBlog:

But religious skepticism is not atheism neither does it question God's existence , so why are atheists obsessed with it .

It does questions the existence of Yahweh and other puny religious gods. Yahweh being a primitive fiction renders the Abrahamic religions false. And this is why atheists are pissed when our government is taken over by religious nutheads. Come on friend, you can't pretend not to know the havoc and retardation religion is causing to our present world. If atheists has opinions on other destructive and pernicious beliefs, why not religion?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:

I am sure they do. This is Bill Nye on the Noah's story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0rCrkh_oA

The direction of an argument takes depends on the premise presented, if the theist arguing brings up a biblical or Quranic argument, an atheist or agnostic can attack that head on during refutation.

You can't be talking of Jesus rising from the dead and I am busy talk about Quantum fluctuations.

if you reveal or explain the Biblical position on the issue raised. Can't someone then perhaps atheist or agnostic based on that premise attack that biblical perspective?

Its simple bro.

Why mention science here ? Atheism has nothing to do with science. The deist who questions religion rejects the resurrection of Christ, the Muslims and Jews also do that . You mentioning science here when it is totally irrelevant makes you come off as desperate.

And for Bill Nye video , many Christians see the flood story as an allegory , the deists too reject the story and they still acknowledge the existence of God , so what point is he trying to make as an atheist? ?

Are we going to pretend like we dont know some religions are dependent on the concept of God and some aren't?

If you mean a creator God , the necessary being, the source of all that exists , then religion does not entirely depend on revealed theology . Religion combines both natural Theology - logic , reason , science - and revealed theology while deism which rejects the latter.

Should the atheist now quote Einstein's relativity in reply to your biblical connotation?

Another extraneous involvement of science. Einstein hated atheism with passion in case you don't know .

There are several of such threads here on nairaland who ever have time can dig it up, in fact we also have threads directly telling the atheist "You are going to hell"

Its mostly a response to the atheists when they are involved in religion but shouldn't.

We shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Religious skepticism is not atheism, if I should question religon what next ? The erroneous conclusion : therefore, there is no God .

I can't see how you would extricate yourself from this .lol

I await your rebuttal sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CoolUsername: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

No no my brothers . Nothing or non existence there means material . Immaterial is seen as nothing or non existent from the materialist point of view .

God is an immaterial being .

This makes no goddamn sense. You either exist in some form or you don't.

Ok, Spiderman is immaterial. Go and test that. Leprechauns are immaterial. This is a completely meaningless concept where there's no way to prove anything, it is unempirical and a total waste of time to consider.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This has always been my pet peeve with you. Dishonesty and advertently skewing words meaning and atheists position to defend your infantile Yahweh.

Atheism has no problem with deification. If you choose to call a bottle of beer your god, it's none of our fuckin' business. A bottle of beer exist. The atheist simply do not believe in supernatural god. I'm dead sure given your recalcitrancy and unwillingness to accept others truest positions, you'd still parrot this nonsense about atheism tomorrow.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hopefulLandlord: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
Kingebukasblog said WLC doesn't use his religion and Bible in arguments against atheists? that's what happens when one watches 3 minutes of a 3 hour debate and make conclusions based on that lol

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by petra1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Why are atheists here discussing the bible , religious beliefs , religious doctrine when it has absolutely nothing to do with the existence of God . The deists who acknowledge the existence of God reject religious beliefs and question religious authority .

Atheism is not the rejection of religion . There are religious atheists . So can an atheist explain the obsession with religious skepticism when it has nothing to do with the existence of God ?

The actually believe in God but they rebelliously try to deny or acknowledge him .

Romans 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

No I do not actually. You have not answered the question

Oh, it does to me

Most Nigerians are either Muslim or Christian. Most people are not even aware there are other gods and some even say Allah and Jehovah are the same

Let us begin with Allah and Jehovah but first I need to know which of these gods is the real one then we can continue

For the life of me why would you be concerned about which is the true God when you are against deification?

Why are you atheists here hard at learning? It's not about Christian or Muslim but about deification! That is all atheism stands for. How much slower am I to say this?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hopefulLandlord: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
petra1:

The actually believe in God but they rebelliously try to deny or acknowledge him .

Romans 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

does this apply to the Hindus as well?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

I don't think there is a modern version of god. Jehovah for instance still rides around in horses and it's angels use swords. A "modern" god would have a fleet of warships, fighter jets and automatic rifles. Or maybe lazer guns.

How do you know god is a "he"?

Because there is no proof it does

Broke me? How do you mean?

so this is your idea of what a God ought to look like? You watch too many movies!

A God does not need to have sophisticated weaponry around him or posh luxury when such weaponry do not work against him and when he simply needs to speak or blink or sneeze and all is done for. Even retaining luxury matters not to a God when luxury is his to command AT WILL!

BROKE YOU means made you an atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
The stupid theists habitude.

Writes a silly rebut. Shares it. The zombies arrives then likes the stupid post.

The cycle continues as long as you are a Yahweh's servant. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
cheesy cheesy
STUPUDTHEISTS:
The stupid theists habitude.

Writes a silly rebut. Shares it. The zombies arrives then likes the stupid post.

The cycle continues as long as you are a Yahweh's servant. Lol

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

so this is your idea of what a God ought to look like? You watch too many movies!

A God does not need to have sophisticated weaponry around him or posh luxury when such weaponry do not work against him and when he simply needs to speak or blink or sneeze and all is done for. Even retaining luxury matters not to a God when luxury is his to command AT WILL!

BROKE YOU means made you an atheist.

Lol. Your god made me an atheist?

Gerrahia mehn undecided
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

For the life of me why would you be concerned about which is the true God when you are against deification?

Why are you atheists here hard at learning? It's not about Christian or Muslim but about deification! That is all atheism stands for. How much slower am I to say this?

Very slow. So slow you have refused to address any point I have made.

I have wasted my time enough. Have a nice day

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by jonbellion(m): 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by realtem(m): 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

This is ridiculously stupid. Atheism is rejection of deification?

It's like you people just twist stuffs to suit yourself.

I guess this is why some people are saying they don't want labels no more. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

realtem:

I guess this is why some people are saying they don't want labels no more. Nonsense.
[quote author=spacetacular post=59017680]

Atheism

nounĀ (uncountable)

1. (narrowly) Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).

2. (broadly) Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).

3. (very broadly) Absence of belief that any deities exist (including absence of the concept of deities).

4. (loosely) Absence of belief in a particular deity, pantheon, or religious doctrine (notwithstanding belief in other deities).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by realtem(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
[quote author=Proudgorgeousga post=59026941][/quote] so?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 6:57am On Aug 01, 2017
realtem:

Man, the theists over here are garbage bags. Lying piece of shite, who spread falsehoods to defend their Jewish sky zombie. I don't take em serious no more. The theists to me are comic strips. They provides me with my daily dose of laughter.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CatfishBilly: 7:22am On Aug 01, 2017
KingEbukasBlog can't an atheist also be a religious skeptic?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CatfishBilly: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2017
spacetacular:

are you agnostic?
I'm a spirit baptized, tongue speaking, devil defeating, blessed child of the kingdom. Purchased with the blood of the lamb.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Stories Behind Great Hymns / Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Paul Enenche Speaks On Election Shift, Tells Nigerians What To Do

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.