Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) (38276 Views)

Nigerian Children - Boys Were Asked To Slap A Girl. See What Happened Next! / Nigerian Asked To Prepay For His Meal In Canada To Be Paid $10,000 By Restaurant / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by madapcmod: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2017
eeby1983:
you must be a poor ipob for you to know all these poor and agbero people. I don't blame you, I understand your poor experience. For your information, yoruba culture is still one of the best and moderate culture that makes life easier for it's people. Must you commit crime before you can marry your desired woman all in the name of your stupid culture?

Yea, yoloba skull miner culture and incest super culture where ladies open leg for touts and follow him to his face me I face you slum to start a family and after giving birth she is kicked out to go hawk agbo under oshodi bridge. Super culture wia obj sleep with his daughter in-law

1 Like

Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by Igweann979(f): 7:36am On Aug 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This girl's father is obviously a retired armed robber or a kidnapper.

1.5million just for your pikin toto?
This is callous...

I can bet that;
The girl is not a virgin,
The girl is not so educated,
The girl smells below,
The girl has had an abortion before,
The girl has bushy armpits.
The girls pubic hair is like afro
The girl has yam legs.

I'd advise the guy to forget about marriage; use the 1.5million to hire oloshos to service him.
At the rate of 500 a round.
He can use that 1.5million to hire 3,000 girls.

look at what you are saying with your mouth He should forget about marriage and be looking for oloshos to service him then probably use his hard earned money to hire 3,000 girls just to service him. Am sure you that is saying this trash you are close to 40 without wife and kids when your mates at 25 have started growing their family and enjoying parenthood you there looking for free girls to f**k think twiceooo.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 7:45am On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:
What you have here is the list of items the groom is meant to buy and not the lady's bride price. Note the difference.

If the list is too expensive, he could discuss that with the elders and get it reduced instead of lamenting.

You left out a salient issue; why would a sane and God fearing parents cum elders give a list that amounts to such? We should learn to call a spade a spade and desist from commenting without doing a proper critque.

It's just so unfortunate that, it's only in Nigeria that parents see their daughters as a means to wealth; what a backward society we are in.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
He should forget about marriage for now. He should continue to enjoy free ponmo. After two years, he will get the same girl for less

Honestly, i cant fault you for thinking like this; what a ridiculous list.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by world123: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2017
I think its high time the elders of every village sit down and review this bride price of a thing. When this was written years back, Nigeria was a bit better. people could easily walk into there their farm and get some of the things needed. Now that the economy of Nigeria is nothing to write home about, I strongly think this shit be reviewed
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by UnimkeAk(m): 7:48am On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:
What you have here is the list of items the groom is meant to buy and not the lady's bride price. Note the difference.

If the list is too expensive, he could discuss that with the elders and get it reduced instead of lamenting.

1.5m
Where should he start from to negotiate.
Even if it is 500k, it is still very expensive.

Just list , wat about the money for the ceremonies
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by kuuljay(m): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2017
Greenbullet:
This is daylight robbery just like my friend who wanted to marry a girl from IMO state, when they gave him list 3.2 million, na so my friend look me and him brother, na so we run enter Car, isioma call kelvin tire up to 300000 missed call my guy nor pick, wicked elders like say no be person born us.
that list is fake,even dangote cannot be given such list in tiv land.am from benue
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by world123: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2017
[/color]
mapist:

You left out a salient issue; why would a sane and God fearing parents cum elders give a list that amounts to such? We should learn to call a spade a spade and desist from commenting without doing a proper critque.

It's just so unfortunate that, it's only in Nigeria that parents see their daughters as a means to wealth; what a backward society we are in.
[color=#990000]
its an unfortunate situation. some times u no go blame guys that prefers having baby mamas
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 7:51am On Aug 01, 2017
vickydevoka:

this one try self de one de give my guy for imo state na 3 million him come de beg dem make en round am up to 2 million. I knw say ur own go be 5 million

Na because him no sabi as e dey go. Why ll i use 2mm to buy items on such list and also incure more expenses during the wedding? At the end of the day, na me go still feed their pikin and not the other way round. Mk dem kuku say dem wan sell her, i ll prefer it dat way.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by larrypourl(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:

Lamenting? if at all they want to reduce it, it can never go beyond 600k. Its like pricing a car of 1.5m to 1m, which is not feasible.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2017
mapist:

Honestly, i cant fault you for thinking like this; what a ridiculous list.

Greedy parents like this push people into crime. Where would a teacher get 1.5m?
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 7:53am On Aug 01, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

Greedy parents like this push people into crime. Where would a teacher get 1.5m?

Even me wey dey try bro, I WONT INDULGE.. very INSANE.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by YelloweWest: 7:53am On Aug 01, 2017
I wonder what u guys will say about Rivers state Kalabari and Okirika marriage... cheesy

It runs into millions grin
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 7:55am On Aug 01, 2017
pple still won marry for dis hard bitten recession?haba!
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2017
chivic:
This is why some men beat their wives at the slightest provocation. and cut every relationship with her family.must you rob the man that want to marry your daughter?

That's pure wickedness which have made so many ladies loose the man who would have married them.The worst is that some lady will tell you,that, if u can't meet up forget it.

Exactly @ paragraph 1. Paragraph 2, once u just talk am, dats d end.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mechanics(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2017
That's too much o.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by lilytender: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2017
madapcmod:

U sell valuable asset, yoloba girls can b married with a plate of Spirogyra hydraulic ewedu soup or ewa agoyin with agege bread, just feed her and she open her dirty puna for u, marriage starts. No wonder they born touts, badoo gangs, skull miners and huntersfor nurtw owoda men

How come the only profession that Biafran girls do is beauty peagent which is the modern name prostitution because only prostitutes wear bra and pants to dance on sage for money bags? Even representatives of the Northern states are Ibo girls. All prostitutes in hotels all over the country are Ibos girls. So, apart from prostitution, in which other profession can we find Ibo girls?
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2017
AlphaT1:

You are a lady and probably don't know what young men go through concerning marriage list.
Those very wicked kinsmen are very difficult to persuade to bring down the cost of that list to a reasonable level. Only very few families may be reasonable. My friend was given a list of abt 1.8m ( @zone B Benue State). The family refused to reduce the list and rejected most of the items on d day of trads. He had to look somewhere else and God blessed him with a beautiful bride from a beautiful family in South east. He spent only 400k for the list and dowry 2geda and after d trads the father inlaw returned 250k to him to use it and feed his daughter very well. You needed to be there on the day of the white wedding to see the collection of gifts presented by the bride's family; everything you need to start a decent home was there: curtains, generator, TV, sofa, mattress, A.C, dvd, home theatre, fridge, deep freezer, standing fan, wall clock, kitchen wares etc. My friend didn't know when tears started rolling down his cheeks!

Abeg, tell her again. I love the decision your friend made; no need to talk much, FASHY THEIR PIKIN FOR THEM..1.8mm for one smellos that may not even be a full baked graduate. This is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by NobleRomm(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This girl's father is obviously a retired armed robber or a kidnapper.

1.5million just for your pikin toto?
This is callous...

I can bet that;
The girl is not a virgin,
The girl is not so educated,
The girl smells below,
The girl has had an abortion before,
The girl has bushy armpits.
The girls pubic hair is like afro
The girl has yam legs.

I'd advise the guy to forget about marriage; use the 1.5million to hire oloshos to service him.
At the rate of 500 a round.
He can use that 1.5million to hire 3,000 girls.

see your reasoning...

can you advice your brother like that to get OLOSHO .. can he build or have home and children with OLOSHO.... ...the guy wants a WIFE not OLOSHOs
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2017
mapist:

Even me wey dey try bro, I WONT INDULGE.. very INSANE.

I'm a teacher, bros nothing de.

Poor people teach in Nigeria
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by NobleRomm(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2017
lilytender:

How come the only profession that Biafran girls do is beauty peagent which is the modern name prostitution because only prostitutes wear bra and pants to dance on sage for money bags? Even representatives of the Northern states are Ibo girls. All prostitutes in hotels all over the country are Ibos girls. So, apart from prostitution, in which other profession can we find Ibo girls?

thank God you said ibo girls and not igbo girls.

1 Like

Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by mapist(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

I'm a teacher, bros nothing de.

Poor people teach in Nigeria

Bro, i sabi. My dad was a head teacher in a primary school in Lagos; he was very good at his desk but, little income to show for it. I thank God he was a diligent man and had plans else, i for dey bush dey hunt by now.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by presh001: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2017
Benita27:

my dear reduce am to kini? 500k? Still high for the teacher. Elders are funny people, they might not reduce anything reasonable and affordable
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by lordyugo: 8:23am On Aug 01, 2017
kn23h:

According to Nnamdi Kanu, 99% of Ibo girls are prostitutes.
And most Ibo girls remain unmarried into their 40s. That ain't valuable.

hilarious coming from a region with the torchlight for bastards born outside wedlock who cant identify their papa , babymamas , infidelity as a culture practiced by both spouses, enshrined polygamy .
and u still wonder the cause for the rising alaye ,omonile and agbo nd jedi jedi sellers cheesy cheesy
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:04am On Aug 01, 2017
mapist:

Bro, i sabi. My dad was a head teacher in a primary school in Lagos; he was very good at his desk but, little income to show for it. I thank God he was a diligent man and had plans else, i for dey bush dey hunt by now.

Funny guy

1 Like

Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by greatermax77(m): 9:18am On Aug 01, 2017
:.....U de craze to mention Mbaise in this matter,
Mbaise marriage no reach like this abeg ooo
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2017
Big lies.... Look at the list it's not even well itemized and why must d biro ink writing carry the entire 1.5 million what of the other sums on the list.
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by bignero: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2017
AlphaT1:

That is the point; to persuade the elders! Most families have greedy elders that are not willing to shift grounds even when their daughters try to make them understand.

na wa oo
so things like this exist...even in this century

it makes no sense really...am marrying a lady, so because people whom may never visit my house and vice versa and i may never see again have to have a say and extort me because i want to settle down with the woman i love and whom loves me back?...africa is really a dustbin...our so called culture is a CURSE...yes

we are the most culturally rich continent in the whole world yet the most backward..

1 Like

Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by holluphemydavid(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2017
let me come and be going
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by LorenzoWisdom(m): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2017
make dem chop d gal na
Re: Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) by Greenbullet(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2017
Richy4:

Imo ladies doesn't bear isiOMA.... because the dialect is different... U don't have to doctor your information to make Imo people look bad..
abeg I nor be Igbo and therefore I cannot spell the name as pronounced the way you can , but. Nigga ,we went to IMO state, and we came back running.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier / Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / Judge This Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.