Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths (22378 Views)

Buhari/Osinbajo’s Whereabouts: Arewa Youths Call For Femi Adesina’s Resignation / Buhari:There Is Freedom Of Speech, But I Cannot Guarantee Freedom After Speech. / Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Nword22: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
Any Igboman that travel or live in Northern Nigeria is an illiterate.

I will prefer to live in Edo state than to live in any God forsaken Northern state. Come to think of it fellas,they don't smile like us, they don't eat like us,they don't think like us,they don't even look like us, they are totally different from what we stand for, so why going there at first place.

In fact, I can call any Igboman in North a Bastarrd.

GOD PUNISH THE NORTH AND ALL THEIR LOVERS. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
freeman95:

Am trying to show u than an average Yoruba man thinks like an American Ni...

We no get time to deh fight war . As long as we deh enjoy life e don do us
very Ambitious! i guess.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nword22:
Any Igboman that travel or live in Northern Nigeria is an illiterate.

I will prefer to live in Edo state than to live in any God forsaken Northern state. Come to think of it fellas,they don't smile like us, they don't eat like us,they don't think like us,they don't even look like us, they are totally different from what we stand for, so why going there at first place.

In fact, I can call any Igboman in North a Bastarrd.

GOD PUNISH THE NORTH AND ALL THEIR LOVERS. AMEN.
grin grin grin harsh but true!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by freeman95(m): 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
gypsey:
who da hell is evans? is he the new nigerian president? as the former nigerian president buhari has emigrated to here England, even he knows that nigeria her way doom hence his migration, i see buhari every evening chewing coconut along Peckham Rye market London grin with his terror ruck sack.

Now I see why you've been yarning dust since...

You deh london deh melengo ....

I no expect less...

Case closed

grin
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
freeman95:

Now I see why you've been yarning dust since...

You deh london deh melengo ....

I no expect less...

Case closed

grin
thanks! grin grin oh! I think it's more than that i was born in pekham south London tongue LOL! @ melengo! i like your sense of humour. Ciao! grin
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Ayiba360: 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nigeria is indeed d most unified country i knw........ D irony dat will alws b playin in d minds of fools
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
freeman95:

Am trying to show u than an average Yoruba man thinks like an American Ni...

We no get time to deh fight war . As long as we deh enjoy life e don do us

Who has fought the most wars in recent years? America. Yorubas are great people, no doubt but if you are talking about wars, America is the biggest warmongering nation on earth. No similarities here at all. grin

Do not think that if the Yorubas are pushed to the wall, that they will simply bend over on all fours. It is human nature to stand up against injustice at some point. I guess the SE can't see any other way around this. It is now or never. Otherwise, their future generations will perpetually be enslaved in Nigeria.

Nigeria favours only a section as it is today. There is no equality. Nepotism is too much in the land. Look at the present government; how does anyone rationalize its makeup? Real power is in the hands of the North. Osinbajo being VP is simply inevitable. If it were possible, the few posts the south got would have been taken away.

Nigeria belongs to all of us. We are all equal as Nigerians. I will rather die than stand the injustice. If you wan to dey enjoy yourself while some group of people who are not in anyway better than you lord it over you, it is your choice.

For me and my household, we will fight for equality, equity and justice. Even if it means death, no wahala. The struggle for a better Nigeria is real. If we cant stay together as equals, then division is inevitable. No more slaves and masters relationship. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by NairalandAsasin(m): 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
theophorus:
...If at all you "know" Arewa peeps you will understand that they are not like the SW who usually "Think and ReThink" before acting.

Arewa peeps dont mind the consequence they just take actions...

My Brothers from the SE are you ready?

This is the beginning of the effect of the "Music" NK lead you to "Sing" and I hope you are "Enjoying" it...

#EgoSoonClear4UnaEye.
I grew up in kano state. Don't kid urself hausa Man don't know the difference. Every southerner is yameri, they kill them all. Don't think you will be spared. Igbos always fight but you??
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by theophorus(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
NairalandAsasin:

I grew up in kano state. Don't kid urself hausa Man don't know the difference. Every southerner is yameri, they kill them all. Don't think you will be spared. Igbos always fight but you??

Hmmm!

"Igbo's always Fight"

Me I don't like to fight.

...Enjoy your Fight.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by freeman95(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Who has fought the most wars in recent years? America. Yorubas are great people, no doubt but if you are talking about wars, America is the biggest warmongering nation on earth. No similarities here at all. grin

Do not think that if the Yorubas are pushed to the wall, that they will simply bend over on all fours. It is human nature to stand up against injustice at some point. I guess the SE can't see any other way around this. It is now or never. Otherwise, their future generations will perpetually be enslaved in Nigeria.

Nigeria favours only a section as it is today. There is no equality. Nepotism is too much in the land. Look at the present government; how does anyone rationalize its makeup? Real power is in the hands of the North. Osinbajo being VP is simply inevitable. If it were possible, the few posts the south got would have been taken away.

Nigeria belongs to all of us. We are all equal as Nigerians. I will rather die than stand the injustice. If you wan to dey enjoy yourself while some group of people who are not in anyway better than you lord it over you, it is your choice.

For me and my household, we will fight for equality, equity and justice. Even if it means death, no wahala. The struggle for a better Nigeria is real. If we cant stay together as equals, then division is inevitable. No more slaves and masters relationship. grin grin grin

Ok agree to everything except the Americans fighting war part...

I guess u know that the war was fought by their soldiers...

Not untrained civilians...

Be smart
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
freeman95:

Ok agree to everything except the Americans fighting war part...

I guess u know that the war was fought by their soldiers...

Not untrained civilians...

Be smart

And you think the American people are not in support of the wars? The soldiers are recruited from Mars? They are not Americans? Listen carefully, if the American Society is not in support of these wars, believe me, the government will not go to wars.

Governments go to war, not just soldiers. And the people control government in a democracy. The government gauge the mood of the people and then decide. If they act contrary to the wish of the people, that government is doomed.

Americans think they should control the rest of us. I mean individuals in America and not just their political class. It is hard for me to agree that Americans don't like war. I am sorry. grin
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by eodavids(m): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Emereolevanwill:
no time , if you are Igbo come home.

OK!
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by freeman95(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Eluwilussit:

And you think the American people are not in support of the wars? The soldiers are recruited from Mars? They are not Americans? Listen carefully, if the American Society is not in support of these wars, believe me, the government will not go to wars.

Governments go to war, not just soldiers. And the people control government in a democracy. The government gauge the mood of the people and then decide. If they act contrary to the wish of the people, that government is doomed.

Americans think they should control the rest of us. I mean individuals in America and not just their political class. It is hard for me to agree that Americans don't like war. I am sorry. grin

What are you saying like this

Am saying those fighting the wars are they civilians or trained soldiers??

Answer that!
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Your argument is skewed. Igbos have the right to live anywhere in Nigeria, even if they secede. Their lives and properties are protected by international laws(UN). Besides, igbos have never asked northerners to leave their zone. Abi you think there are no northerners in the SE?

The same way you have Nigerians all over the world, is the same way igbos are free to live anywhere in Nigeria if they secede. They will become foreigners and will not expect any level of generosity from Nigeria.

I am baffled at how we reason in this simple case. If you think the igbos should be destroyed in the north because of Nnamdi Kanu, why can't we simply grant them their request? The rest of Nigeria thinks the SE can't survive on their own, why don't we experiment and see the results?

Nobody needs to die for Biafra to be achieved. Likewise, nobody needs to die for Nigeria to stay united. Canada has referendums. UK as well. I am sure that most igbos will vote for a united Nigeria. We can defeat Nnamdi and his Biafra through ballot. Abi is Nigeria afraid of Biafra being actualized without shooting bullets?

The only reason I see here is ego and jealousy. Double standard is killing us. Nigerians should be allowed to decide their unity. We need to sit together and talk. Heart to heart talk. If we have a genuine referendum, we will come out stronger. That is if it is constructively and honestly handled.

Sorry, no skewed argument here; the only problem seem to be that you either chose to deliberately ignore my points or completely failed to read and understand them; because your response seemed quite detached and unrelated to my post; somewhat like template used or borrowed elsewhere and being repeated here.

First of all you need to remember the following:

IPOB is a secessionist movement driven by ethnicity and apparently being supported by majority of Igbos in Igboland as indicated by their compliance to the sit at home order.

That was why the Arewa youth's response was equally ethnic and directed at only Igbos; which basically was in support of the secession and also went as far writing a letter to the UN to that effect; while the quit notice was simply to facilitate the physical aggregation of Igbos (in their homeland so that they can finally have the referendum they have been crying for) in order to decide once and for all whether they want to stay with Nigeria or actualise their Biafra.

You naively also forgot the fact that once Igbos secede, they automatically become foreigners and therefore lose their right to stay in any country (including Nigeria/Arewa) without the active consent of that country - the reason why countries are at liberty to grant or deny visas at will.

You furthermore forgot that any independent country has a right to pass laws in the interest of it's own ppl, including deportation and nationalisation of foreigners and their properties respectively - hope you know that Igbos have not recovered their abandoned properties since the war, especially in the SS till today and no UN law has come to their rescue.

These are the realities on the ground; you guys should better wake up and smell the coffee.

No one wish to destroy Igbos in the north; however, northerners have been pushed to their tolerance limit by Igbo insults and blackmail - they have therefore taken a stand: go and have your Biafra or stay, shut up and play by the rules like everyone else - shikenan.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Adeboyefa(f): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
ESDKING:
Ok.Now every igbo man should do the needful.
If anything happens to you, my dear you committed suicide.

Afonjas are rejoicing because they are ignorant of what is about to happen.
Indeed, ignorance is a disease.
@boki no sabi who b Igbo, Yoruba,ijaw, Efik. Southerners are southerners to them.

YOLICOM's call for Oduduwa Republic has even dragged Yorùbá people into the matter already .
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
freeman95:

What are you saying like this

Am saying those fighting the wars are they civilians or trained soldiers??

Answer that!

Were they born soldiers? Aint they Americans? The greatest revolutions were achieved by the masses. Not through powerful armies. Check Libya and Egypt, just to mention a few. The will is every man's greatest weapon. No amount of training will perform a job well if the will is not there.

The soldiers fight wars but civilians do enlist and become soldiers. We can't take the masses for granted. That is all i am saying.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Sorry, no skewed argument here; the only problem seem to be that you either chose to deliberately ignore my points or completely failed to read and understand them; because your response seemed quite detached and unrelated to my post; somewhat like template used or borrowed elsewhere and being repeated here.

First of all you need to remember the following:

IPOB is a secessionist movement driven by ethnicity and apparently being supported by majority of Igbos in Igboland as indicated by their compliance to the sit at home order.

That was why the Arewa youth's response was equally ethnic and directed at only Igbos; which basically was in support of the secession and also went as far writing a letter to the UN to that effect; while the quit notice was simply to facilitate the physical aggregation of Igbos (in their homeland so that they can finally have the referendum they have been crying for) in order to decide once and for all whether they want to stay with Nigeria or actualise their Biafra.

You naively also forgot the fact that once Igbos secede, they automatically become foreigners and therefore lose their right to stay in any country (including Nigeria/Arewa) without the active consent of that country - the reason why countries are at liberty to grant or deny visas at will.

You furthermore forgot that any independent country has a right to pass laws in the interest of it's own ppl, including deportation and nationalisation of foreigners and their properties respectively - hope you know that Igbos have not recovered their abandoned properties since the war, especially in the SS till today and no UN law has come to their rescue.

These are the realities on the ground; you guys should better wake up and smell the coffee.

No one wish to destroy Igbos in the north; however, northerners have been pushed to their tolerance limit by Igbo insults and blackmail - they have therefore taken a stand: go and have your Biafra or stay, shut up and play by the rules like everyone else - shikenan.

Did you actually read my post before replying? You are the ones making Kanu to be talking rubbish. When you keep reminding the igbos of their abandoned properties and telling them to their faces that it will happen again, how do you think that they will not rise up in arms someday?

My brother, this is 2017 and not 1967. A lot has changed. Do not think that NA can overrun Biafra easily. Nigeria couldn't do it when they were united in 1967, talk-less of now that we are so divided.

Your assumption is that SS, SW & NC will join the core north, no be so? Besides, i don't remember mentioning some of the points you raised. I mostly addressed the position of things by international standards, if there happens to be any form of secession.

Your position is too harsh and lends credit to mischief makers in the land. The fact that igbos stand to lose more than any other tribe in the case of the demise of Nigeria, tells the whole story.

The north invests mainly in the north. Same goes for SW. It is mainly SE people that invests liberally in any part of the country. All they get in return is threat of seizure of their hard earned investments.

Anyway, if you want us to discuss, i am always available. Have a great day. grin
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Abeg shut up; de thing wey Kanu dey do no pass this one; insulting ppl and threatening the whole country with war, and now flouting all his bail conditions with impunity; wetin dem do am, abi na only northerners own you dey see?

In fact, de whole Arewa youth's ultimatum to Igbos in the north can easily be seen as a direct response to Kanu's excesses where the authority (FG) seem so far to have turned a blind eye to his shenanigans along with the tacit approval of Igbo leaders and Igbos in general.

Until Kanu is reigned in, then Arewa youths will continue to have a moral right to demand for Igbo exit from the north and to support them towards actualising their Biafra - as they are already doing at United Nations level.

In response to this particular post, I do agree that Arewa youths are responding to Kanu's demand for referendum. Please, do tell, what is wrong in holding a referendum in the SE to determine what they want? Isn't it a universal practice?

Nobody supports Kanu's insults. Every sensible Nigerian should be against his vituperations. Does his arrogance remove anything from the need to renegotiate our union?

Arewa youths can't ask igbos to leave the north and enforce it. The FG will decide when the time comes. And that time will be after we have let the igbos go, if they decide to go in a referendum. Untill then, any Nigerian has the right to reside anywhere in Nigeria. If it comes to parting of ways, Biafra and Nigeria will have bilateral agreements on how to exist as neigbhours.

Nobody needs to die or lose properties for Biafra to be achieved. Same goes for our unity. Negotiation is the way out. Not bullish stubborness.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by laudate: 2:31am On Aug 03, 2017
rainylad:
[b][/b]..Diabolical afonjas are already climaxing over nothing..When the confused arewa clowns recanted,afonjas hid..now they have started their circus entertainment,evil afonjas have found their voices..

..i spit on afonja cone-heads.

Erm, don't you think you should actually be spitting on the heads of the Arewa youths who issued that declaration? Just wondering....
Anyway, what do I know? Let me allow the Yorubas to give you a befitting answer. undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by laudate: 2:34am On Aug 03, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
Abeg shut up; de thing wey Kanu dey do no pass this one; insulting ppl and threatening the whole country with war, and now flouting all his bail conditions with impunity; wetin dem do am, abi na only northerners own you dey see?

In fact, de whole Arewa youth's ultimatum to Igbos in the north can easily be seen as a direct response to Kanu's excesses where the authority (FG) seem so far to have turned a blind eye to his shenanigans along with the tacit approval of Igbo leaders and Igbos in general.

Until Kanu is reigned in, then Arewa youths will continue to have a moral right to demand for Igbo exit from the north and to support them towards actualising their Biafra - as they are already doing at United Nations level.

Gbam!! Tell dem! How can Kanu be insulting the hosts of his Igbo people in the North?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by VickyRotex(f): 3:24am On Aug 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Lalasticlala,vickyrotex,funjosh,mukina2, osusumustflow,ajepako and rokiatu please come back home before those people go vex o

You don turn Tribalist abi? angry angry angry
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by wirinet(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Eluwilussit:

In response to this particular post, I do agree that Arewa youths are responding to Kanu's demand for referendum. Please, do tell, what is wrong in holding a referendum in the SE to determine what they want? Isn't it a universal practice?

You lie! Arewa youth are not responding to Kanu's demand for a referendum, they are responding to kanu's insults on Hausa/Fulani's elders, youths and in fact every Nigerian.

His Radio Biafra was set up to spew hate speeches, antagonize and insult Nigerians and not to promote Biafra through peace and dialogue.

Kanu initially was not demanding for a referendum, he was demanding for war. It was only recently he started asking for a referendum.

Nobody supports Kanu's insults. Every sensible Nigerian should be against his vituperations. Does his arrogance remove anything from the need to renegotiate our union?

Most people feel Igbos give tacit support to his activities, very few igbos come out to condemn his hate speeches, even here on nairaland, and those that do are labelled all sorts of names.

Arewa youths can't ask igbos to leave the north and enforce it. The FG will decide when the time comes. And that time will be after we have let the igbos go, if they decide to go in a referendum. Untill then, any Nigerian has the right to reside anywhere in Nigeria. If it comes to parting of ways, Biafra and Nigeria will have bilateral agreements on how to exist as neigbhours.

Under normal circumstances, what you said is correct, but under the current emotionally charged atmosphere, anything can happen. Yes, the government needs to be proactive in bringing the situation under control.

The Area youth's anger is that if you hate Nigeria and Fulanis so much, why continue to live and trade among them?
It is not compulsory to have bilateral relations with any country. If Biafra secedes acrimoniously, Nigeria can decide to severe all relationships with Biafra.

Nobody needs to die or lose properties for Biafra to be achieved. Same goes for our unity. Negotiation is the way out. Not bullish stubborness.

If Biafra is all about hatred of Nigeria as being promoted by Kanu, then Nigeria deserves the right to deport and ban all biafrans from entering Nigeria ( remember Trump's travel ban). In that case how will the biafrans keep their properties if they can't enter Nigeria. After a while, the properties will become abandoned properties.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Ugosample(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Your argument is skewed. Igbos have the right to live anywhere in Nigeria, even if they secede. Their lives and properties are protected by international laws(UN). Besides, igbos have never asked northerners to leave their zone. Abi you think there are no northerners in the SE?

The same way you have Nigerians all over the world, is the same way igbos are free to live anywhere in Nigeria if they secede. They will become foreigners and will not expect any level of generosity from Nigeria.

I am baffled at how we reason in this simple case. If you think the igbos should be destroyed in the north because of Nnamdi Kanu, why can't we simply grant them their request? The rest of Nigeria thinks the SE can't survive on their own, why don't we experiment and see the results?

Nobody needs to die for Biafra to be achieved. Likewise, nobody needs to die for Nigeria to stay united. Canada has referendums. UK as well. I am sure that most igbos will vote for a united Nigeria. We can defeat Nnamdi and his Biafra through ballot. Abi is Nigeria afraid of Biafra being actualized without shooting bullets?

The only reason I see here is ego and jealousy. Double standard is killing us. Nigerians should be allowed to decide their unity. We need to sit together and talk. Heart to heart talk. If we have a genuine referendum, we will come out stronger. That is if it is constructively and honestly handled.

What you don't know is that, that country has the right to deny you residency because you are no longer a citizen.
You could also be deported and your visa cancelled.

It has happened before in the world, and this failed attempt at disintegrating the country will result in the same thing

These people just don't reason
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
wirinet:

You lie! Arewa youth are not responding to Kanu's demand for a referendum, they are responding to kanu's insults on Hausa/Fulani's elders, youths and in fact every Nigerian.

His Radio Biafra was set up to spew hate speeches, antagonize and insult Nigerians and not to promote Biafra through peace and dialogue.

Kanu initially was not demanding for a referendum, he was demanding for war. It was only recently he started asking for a referendum.

Most people feel Igbos give tacit support to his activities, very few igbos come out to condemn his hate speeches, even here on nairaland, and those that do are labelled all sorts of names.

Under normal circumstances, what you said is correct, but under the current emotionally charged atmosphere, anything can happen. Yes, the government needs to be proactive in bringing the situation under control.

The Area youth's anger is that if you hate Nigeria and Fulanis so much, why continue to live and trade among them?
It is not compulsory to have bilateral relations with any country. If Biafra secedes acrimoniously, Nigeria can decide to severe all relationships with Biafra.

If Biafra is all about hatred of Nigeria as being promoted by Kanu, then Nigeria deserves the right to deport and ban all biafrans from entering Nigeria ( remember Trump's travel ban). In that case how will the biafrans keep their properties if they can't enter Nigeria. After a while, the properties will become abandoned properties.

You make it look like the igbos have been receiving a lot of goodwill from other tribes. Even here on NL, there is so much hatred towards anything igbo. The feelings are mutual.

Up North, they have never loved anyone and anything that is not Hausa fulani, and this has nothing to do with Kanu. It has been that way before Kanu was born.

I have never listened to Radio Biafra, and never even heard of Kanu before he was arrested. If you want to extrapolate, then you must not stop at Kanu's hate speeches. Before Kanu came on the scene, Southerners and non-Hausafulanis have have always been at the receiving end of Hausa-Fulanis' brutality.

Kanu's style may be offensive to most of us but that doesn't take away much from his struggle for justice and equality. Even secession.

About the abandoned properties, it appears to me that the rest of Nigeria has been waiting for an opportunity to take what the igbos worked very hard to achieve. It happened after the Civil War and everyone kept quiet. Now every other tribe is just waiting to take advantage of the same scenario. Isn't it part of what Kanu is talking about?

If the Igbos can survive after the Civil War, I am pretty sure they can survive once again. I will advocate that were we to go our different ways, that it be done in a more civilized and brotherly way. No need to kill anyone or destroy what belongs to others.

Again, it appears that you have not considered the fact that an igbo secession might lead to a complete disintegration of Nigeria. We might end up with so many countries that the least of anyone's problem will be abandoned properties.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
Eluwilussit:

With regards to the above (in bold) pls refer to the last paragraph of my post where I had already addressed them.
As for the issue of negotiating the union; well what is there to negotiate when Igbos want out and Arewa youth are showing them the door?
Its about time the Igbos do what they are bickering about and get out - simple.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

Gbam!! Tell dem! How can Kanu be insulting the hosts of his Igbo people in the North?

Exactly.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=ItsMeAboki post=59111234]

With regards to the above (in bold) pls refer to the last paragraph of my post where I had already addressed them.
As for the issue of negotiating the union; well what is there to negotiate when Igbos want out and Arewa youth are showing them the door?
Its about time the Igbos do what they are bickering about and get out - simple.

/[quote]

So in your opinion, the way Nigeria is structured is great and working? Look, the structure encourages nepotism. Look at the make up of the present government, is it not one-sided?

One thing you and I cannot predict right now is what will become of Nigeria if indeed the igbos leave. We are assuming that the SW, SS & NC will stick with the present structure.

What happens if Yorubas decide to go their separate way as well? What if the SS elect to become a separate Republic or even join forces with the SE? What about the Middle Belt that has been at the receiving end of Hausa-Fulani brutality lately? Is there any guarantee that they will prefer a Nigerian Republic without the South?

My friend, if you believe that the rest of the country is happy with the way Nigeria is today, except igbos, you are mistaken. Only the NW and to an extent NE, like the current lopsided structure.

Power needs to devolve to the regions. Regional economy should be encouraged. This idea of a powerful and nepotic center is what is killing us. There are so much untapped resources all over Nigeria that each region can develop. Unfortunately, we are all looking for an easy way out.

Last, if igbos are the problem of the present day Nigeria, why can't we reach a peaceful accord and have the igbos leave quietly without any bloodshed? It is actually a paradox to me...you hate them and they hate you, but you can't let them go and they are reluctant to go as well. What then is the fight and hatred all about?
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Eluwilussit(m): 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Exactly.

This idea of hosts is what is killing us. Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians. Any Nigerian should be free to live anywhere in Nigeria without being referred to as a visitor. How can one be a visitor in one's country.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but if you ever live in developed countries, the citizens are never referred to as visitors, no matter where they go in that country.

Why are we so bent on practicing stupidity as a way of life while shouting one Nigeria? What is nationalistic about this concept and practice? No community is host to any group of Nigerians. If we are one, then we should be one.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Scholes007(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ok let's see how it goes. I keep my fingers crossed.
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
how can it be deliver to me in abuja
Re: Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Eluwilussit:

This idea of hosts is what is killing us. Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians. Any Nigerian should be free to live anywhere in Nigeria without being referred to as a visitor. How can one be a visitor in one's country.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but if you ever live in developed countries, the citizens are never referred to as visitors, no matter where they go in that country.

Why are we so bent on practicing stupidity as a way of life while shouting one Nigeria? What is nationalistic about this concept and practice? No community is host to any group of Nigerians. If we are one, then we should be one.

You are quite correct; however, the reality on the ground is that most Nigerians are nationalistic only when it is convenient; because over the years our politicians have ensured we mentally base our identities in the order of tribe, religion, region before country.
This explains why some ppl are still agitating for resource control, rotational presidency, retention of indigenship in the constitution, quota system, political/govt appointments based on geopolitical zone etc.
Yes, until we can jettison such considerations; then we will continue to have a country divided upon itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

People Who Hated Niger Because Of Hatred For Buhari Now Its Best Lovers - Omokri / Saraki's CCT Trial ; Latest Proceeding Delay Tactics Thrown Out... / I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.