Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow (29791 Views)

Geoffery Onyeama: Why Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Over COVID-19 / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar / Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by irepnaija4eva(m): 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
Some Igbo residents in Bauchi State have reacted to the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG)’s withdrawal of the quit notice handed down to the Igbo living in the North, insisting that they already had their minds made and would leave the region.

Speaking with Daily Sun in Bauchi, on Friday, they stressed that they are leaving before the October 1 quit notice issued to them saying that as far as they are concern the quit notice still stands.

One of them, IK Iloanya, a businessman, said Thursday’s stance by the northern youth did not appease him to stay back.

Iloanya, from Agwu Local Government Area of Anambra State, said: “As far as I am concern, the quit notice still stands. I still stand on the quit notice. I am ready to forfeit my house and other property to leave before October 1”

Another Igbo resident, Jerry Ikechukwu, a spare parts dealer at Bakin Kura, said he has conclude plans to leave Bauchi and return after a week when he is sure that there would be no trouble.

Ikechuwku, an indigene of Aniocha Local Government in Anambra State, said but for prominent northern leaders like the Sultan of Sokoto

Sa’ad Abubakar and the Emir of Bauchi, Dr Rilwanu Adamu. who personally came out to say that nothing would happen to Igbos, he would have left as soon as the notice was issued.

“I expected President Buhari to say something about the issue in his recent speech but did not but I am leaving and may return when I am sure the coast is clear,” Ikechuwku said.

Saturday Sun reliably gathered that there is still tension and apprehension among Igbo residents

Our correspondent discovered that a lot of Igbos residents had either sold or lease their properties, including Hotels, houses and business premises.

“Almost all the Igbo people in my yard are going,” said Olu, a Bauchi resident.

But others like Vera Udeh, and Chika Onwuka, said they are not leaving Bauchi.

“I thank them for not asking us to leave again. As for me and my family, we are staying. When it is time to go, we will go because nobody forced me to come to Bauchi,” Onwuka said.

Henry Nduagube, a spare parts dealer, said that there had been tremendous pressure from his kinsmen in Ezeagu local government of

Enugu State, for him to leave the north before the October 1 dealine “Thank God for the new development. I was confident that nothing will happen to us (Igbos). I have made up my mind that I will not leave the north. I am not going anywhere,” said Nduagube, who has lived in Bauchi for over 16 years.

Another resident, Vincent Okonkwo, from Nnewi , said he didn’t see any reason why Nigeria should break up.

“I have been in Bauchi for 28 years. I don’t plan to go anywhere because I remain a Nigerian,” Okonkwo, said.

The Eze Igbo of Bauchi, Igwe Jude Umezika, expressed happiness with the northern youth for rescinding the October 1 quiet notice.

Umezika particularly commended the Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, for the way he handled the situation, saying it calm frayed nerves.

“Any Igbo man thinking of going should drop the idea because the quit notice has been dropped,” he said.

Speaking with Saturday Sun, the Igwe appealed to religious and traditional rulers in the north to come together and sue for peace.

“I call on them now that the quit notice has been dropped, to go round and preach peace

“Igbos have no problem with our host community and don’t support anything that will lead to break down of the peace we enjoy”

He was optimistic that the role played by the Emir of Bauchi, Alhaji Dr Rilwanu Adamu and the Governor of the state Barrister Mohammed

Abubakar would engender lasting peace.

The Igwe said: “I trust the Emir of Bauchi who raised his hands to heaven that as long as he is alive, his time would witness peace.

“We also thank Governor Abubakar because he is someone that if you are aggrieved, when he talks to you, you will feel better and change your mind about what you planned to do”

http://sunnewsonline.com/quit-notice-were-leaving-igbo-in-bauchi-vow/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by irepnaija4eva(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
grin I think some people living up there should be branded
Cowards of the century.
Now tell me who are the unity BEGGERS now?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Zimri(m): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
angry

Anybody that want to go should go enough of these barking.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Cyynthia(f): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nice one.
The earlier they start leaving that desert for @bokis the better.

Their economy will definitely collapse after 1st Oct because of absence of commercial activities in that region.They have made a terrible mistake they will never forget in their life.
Everybody knows that the quit notice was issued with the intention of silencing the Ipob agitation, but since they have seen that the quit notice order didn't yield any positive fruit after seeing that Igbos are serious with their agitation, they had no other alternative than to cowardly back out.
So, quit notice withdrawal is useless because the mistake has been made. In your next world, always think before you act. Even if after break up, it's expected that Igbos should remain wherever they are if they like, after all, there are many foreigners doing their businesses here in Nigeria.
But average @boki no dey disappoint in exhibition of stVpidity.
I pity Northerners.

163 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by ojun50(m): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2017
Never trust that call

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wise Men from the east

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by zionmade1: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
they should come back.
Hausas have carry come hatred for Igbos mainly because of religion and the rate at which Igbos succeed anywhere they go. it's better to come home and start all over than to come home in a coffin

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by KevinDein: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Cyynthia:
Nice one.
The earlier they leave that desert for @bokis the better.

Their economy will definitely collapse after 1st Oct because of absence of commercial activities in that region.They have made a terrible mistake they will never forget in their life.
Everybody knows that the quit notice was issued with the intention of silencing the Ipob agitation, but since they have seen that the quit notice order didn't yield any fruit after seeing that Igbos are serious with their agitation, they had no other alternative than to cowardly back out.
So, quit notice withdrawal is useless because the mistake has been made. In your next world, always think before you act. Even if after break up, it's expected that Igbos should remain wherever they are if they like, after all, there are many foreigners doing their businesses here in Nigeria.
But average @boki no dey disappoint in exhibition of stVpidity.
I pity Northerners.
Oh shut up and fuuuckk offf

No one is gonna miss your criminally minded assss

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by KevinDein: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
zionmade1:
they should come back.
Hausas have carry come [b]hatred for Igbos [/b]mainly because of religion and the rate at which Igbos succeed anywhere they go. it's better to come home and start all over than to come home in a coffin
Yeah, and igbos have shown tremendous love to the hausas.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Cyynthia(f): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
KevinDein:
[s][/s]

No one is gonna miss your criminally minded assss[s][/s]
@boki, what are you good at other than this below ?...............

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Paperwhite(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
Trust aboki at your own peril.Check out their fanatic support for this cursed government regardless of the hardship it has wrought on our nationhood.I remembered Ojukwu's naive thinking that igbos should return to the north in 1967 only for many of them to be killed.To be forewarned is to be forearmed as a stitch in time saves nine.Igbos pls think and act wise.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by zionmade1: 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
KevinDein:

Yeah, and igbos have shown tremendous love to the hausas.
In the course of biafra agitation have u heard hausas should leave the south east?

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
"some igbos"

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Cooly100: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
KevinDein:

No one is gonna miss your criminally minded assss

Have you interviewed all those killer fulani herdsmen..raping, killing women down the south? How many have returned?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by SlayerForever: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
One of the women said she and her family are not going anywhere. Hm! To me o,such people are playing ludo with their life.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by TINALETC3(f): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
grin goodest news eva

42 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by roqrules04(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Safe journey

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Sighte(f): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
See oh? Them dey beg shit make e no smell?

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by babyfaceafrica: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
.no one will.miss you.. Bye

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by auntysimbiat(f): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2017

7 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Narldon: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Milestogo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nigerians and thr funny thinking!!
Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by obaival(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ezi's
Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Ekwekwe1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
Umu okorobia otu nkpuru amua si na ha bu Arewa youths should eat their boko haram ravaged region.

Ball-less adult-youths that can't issue quit notice on Boko harams.

22 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by EndtimeJudge(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
#ifIhear... grin[color=#000000][/color]Say No More. Action is better than Ranting.
Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by madridguy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
You Won't Be Missed. grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by cstr1000: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2017

15 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by cyberdurable(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
the Mod that pushed this to FP is heartless.. cheesy

He just want to ruin some peoples Night for them...
Afonja take heart, unity beggers take heart... Biafra is here

40 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Milestogo(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Happy leaving...!! grin
Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by okerekeikpo: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Very good pls come back home, they think we can't do without them, we went there and developed their desert land still they had the guts to tell us to leave their place, very mad people

17 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Franco93: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
Igbos will definitely leave and go back home. It is just a gradual process. We were once together in a place till the white men came and scattered us with religion, politics and education, but one day, something will take us back to our original place.

11 Likes

Re: Quit Notice : We Are Leaving, Some Igbos In Bauchi Vow by Foolishking: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
Today na Igbo day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds / Buhari, End Fuel Scarcity Within 48 Hours Or You Resign - NANS / Recreational Park At Agulu Lake That Anambra State Government Is Constructing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.