Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? (26325 Views)

What Is That One Thing People Tend To Mistake Your Type Of Person For?? / How Do I Know He Loves Me? / Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Would You Prefer To Marry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by EazyMoh(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Lol its just one big gamble!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by MissRaine69(f): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
When the connection is not just physical
Your minds connect. You miss them actually hurts.
When they accept you with all your flaws

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by KayDEAN(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
U can't know sha
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by TosineGuy(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
for some, if the sex is very good. For some, if she can cook good food. For some, if has good manners. For the some, if she is fine. And so on
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Hadone(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Prayer

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Base on love and trust.. wink
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Respect55(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
There is no right or wrong person. You both have to make it work

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Attraction brings two people together but mutual interest and having things in common keeps them together.
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Buktol(f): 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2017
blackbeau1:
I've always heard people saying 'I just knew he/she was the one I wanted to spend my life with'. I'd like to know how you make that decision .is there an instant click or is it based on dating experience
. you just know he or she is the one wen u cant just do witout eachother...den u know its meant to be...
the bedrock of marriage is love...not based on any dating experience
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Khallyella:
You can never know someone's real attitudes from the onset , just pray your partner changes for good/ doesn't change for bad.
As a matter of fact, people don't change at all, they can only improve on their attitude. A girl beater will move up to be a wife beater and a cheat will grow smarter.

By the way, the word "for good" means sth entirely different.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by theophorus(m): 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
1. Pray

2. Your Inner Mind confirms through Peace.

3. Your Emotions confirms.

4. You don't see flaws (after marriage you will see it but you must learn to handle it with maturity)

5. You see the REAL attributes you like in a person

NB: Never induce Love with Money, Sex or Nudity.
Real Love look beyond physical and material things.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by nuelnik(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
the guy below me wants to type nonsense now .. just watch !!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by udison(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
God knows i dont have clue when it comes to relationship matter.
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Taeewo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Humility017(m): 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2017
blackbeau1:
I've always heard people saying 'I just knew he/she was the one I wanted to spend my life with'. I'd like to know how you make that decision .is there an instant click or is it based on dating experience
if youre a Christian
you pray about it....
and you will know God is leading you
by the peace that exist in your heart whenever you think of that person or
you're wit him or her.
if there is no peace...then it is not God that is leading you.....
moreso, making headsway in relationship stems from faith and boldness....

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Martin0(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
MissRaine69:
When the connection is not just physical
Your minds connect. You miss them actually hurts.
When they accept you with all your flaws

Eh eh ayam not understanding the physicality ooo:O
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Buktol(f): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
[quote author=Scammer post=59158452]This is for real and 100% True.
I have a girl i really love.
She's a virgin and i plan to wait till we get married till i do the main thing with her.
I really love her, and the fact is we have been dating for 4 years.

Recently i discovered her Genotype is As and i am also As .
I've heard from different sources that it's not really advisable to make babies because there's a 25 chance of having a sickel cell child. But i'm madly in love with her and she loves me too. We share the same ideas and we are 100% compatible physically, we hardly have issues and she's my light, she's understanding, always ready to go an extra mile for me, and i'd do the same for her too

I keep having this thought of genotype in mind each time i think of our future together. because if i don't marry her, i don't think can find another woman that will make me happy and love me as she does.
She's scared of losing me and i don't want to loose her too. cry

I need matured input from others who have been in this kind of situation or Medical experts also. angry

What do you think........

its better u quit it....except u both dont intend having kids...dont dat lovely kid to this world to suffer...u will both suffer it...and also encounter emotional trauma..
its understandable u love her but she is d one that will pass tru dis child birth pain...and 98% of sickle cells eventually died... let her go if u truly love her

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by dingbang(m): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
girl4rmspace:
My dear there is no way to know. This world is full of pretenders. They would promise to love u forever only to break your heart when u least expect it
u need to bury your past
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Mutuwa(m): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
blackbeau1:

That feeling of knowing who the right one is, only comes when the time is right.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by MissRaine69(f): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
Martin0:

Eh eh ayam not understanding the physicality ooo:O
Look at you eh eh
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Ginaz(f): 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
Scammer:
This is for real and 100% True.
She's a virgin and i plan to wait till we get married till i do the main thing with her.

I've heard from different sources that it's not really advisable to make babies because there's a 25 chance of having a sickel cell child. But i'm madly in love with her and she loves me too. We share the same ideas and we are 100% compatible physically, we hardly have issues and she's my light, she's understanding, always ready to go an extra mile for me, and i'd do the same for her too

I keep having this thought of genotype in mind each time i think of our future together. because if i don't marry her, i don't think can find another woman that will make me happy and love me as she does.

I need matured input from others who have been in this kind of situation or Medical experts also. angry

I don't have much to say, but all I can say is, sometimes love ain't enough. A little stone can break the tightest of couples not a big mountain. Stressing your future kids over a "feeling* called love to be born with a sickle cell isn't what love entails.

They don't deserved to be born to live a life of pains, to go to the hospital countless times in a month, to suffer from weakness, to be vulnerable to disease because of love.

And you think both of you can handle it? The bills, the stress, the exhausting work of taking care of a sicker? It's not worth it. I saw with my eyes, a family with 2 or three of them with the sickle cell shit, one died she was about writing her JSS3 exams. Can't forget seeing her corpse getting brought down the stairs, how sad.

Just cos of a mistake not her fault but she paid with her promising life. The so called love her parents had, hope it was enough to see them watch her buried.

It ain't worth the shiit!

I don't even know what love is anymore, a moment you are happy and shiit, next you are enemies and apart.!!!

God won't be happy if you bring a child to suffer in this fuccked up world when you know you have a chance to stop it from happening.

If you gonna marry, don't even think about conceiving. Love my asssssssssss!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by williamdeluxe(m): 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
It’s a question that I sometimes ask myself . how do I know that the person I am with is “the one?
The truth is that there are no hard and fast rules on how to determine if the person you are with is the right choice for marriage. At the same time, there are a few guidelines that you can keep in mind while drawing your final conclusion.
Your choice in a spouse is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. It’s also one of the few that so greatly impacts the rest of your life. It’s no wonder that people are concerned with knowing if they are with the right person.
Pray about it
While some people debate over whether there is really one person we are intended to be with, my theory is that God does have someone in mind for us. Marriage is a God thing, and I believe that He designed someone uniquely for us and us for him/her to fulfill His purpose for our lives here on earth. Is it possible to have a connection, attraction, compatibility, or the ability to make it work with more than one person during a lifetime? Sure. We see that in our dating lives. But, at the end of the day, I sincerely believe there is only one person God created for us to be with that is the “perfect” match for us to serve out our calling in this life.
That being said, no matter what you believe regarding the existence of there being what some call a “soul mate,” it is absolutely essential to pray over your relationship. God is your best resource for attaining the answers and wisdom you need and seek. Talk to Him about your hopes, dreams, desires, but earnestly seek after what His will is for your life. It’s easy to ask God to give us what we want, but make sure to ask and be willing to pursue what He wants for us. He knows us better than we know ourselves, so His plan and will is always the perfect one. Jeremiah 29:11 says, ” ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ ’’
Seek His will, ask for His direction and wisdom, and be willing to accept whatever that is. That takes faith, a listening ear, and a true understanding of and belief in His promises and Word.

Be honest
One of the biggest problems that plague relationships is a lack of honesty. Both parties are often on best behavior, which is fine, but at times it is taken to the point of dishonesty. Instead of being an authentic version of themselves, they pretend to be who they think that special guy or gal wants them to be.
The problem is that the relationship is them built on false pretenses. At some point the best behavior goes out the window because it’s impossible to keep up a façade for a lifetime. What happens many times is that couples put on this false identity until after the wedding day, and both parties awaken to a very different relationship than they thought they would. It’s as if two strangers got married, and there is this sense of shock, disappointment, and anger toward one another because they didn’t really know who they were marrying.
It’s absolutely essential to be honest and the “real” you when dating. That is the only way to know if you are truly a good fit for one another. Otherwise you are just setting yourself and your relationship up for failure. Be honest with your significant other about who you are, what your interests, dreams, beliefs, preferences and aspirations are, and what you are looking for in a relationship. That also requires you to be honest with yourself about those very same things. Create the space and freedom for your significant other to be honest with you too, so that through that, you both can make an decision about your future based on reality and truthfulness.
Ask
While euphoric emotions that make us feel like we are floating through the world on a cloud of bliss is nice, it’s not a premise for marrying someone. Emotions come and go, which is why we have to push beyond them to get to the heart of the matter. Are you and the person you are dating a good match?
The best way to start answering that question is to start asking questions. Explore your interests, hopes, goals, beliefs, etc. Ask questions like:
Where do you want to live?
What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5, 10, 15 years?
Do you believe that marriage is for life?
How do you envision the husband and wife roles looking like?
What are your favorite hobbies?
What do you hope to give and gain from marriage?
How many kids do you want?
How were you raised?
What type of parenting style do you ascribe to?
Do you think a wife should be a stay-at-home mom?
Asking questions is the only way to get the much needed answers. Often times if you start having these types of conversations, it become clear if you and your significant other are on the same page. Of course there will be differences in your answers, but it’s making sure that those differences are still compatible and adaptable in a way that the two of you can build a future together. Plus, it makes you aware of some of the challenges you may face in your relationship or marriage by knowing areas you differ on. Having in-depth, honest conversations about an array or topics is one of the best ways to sort through the emotions and find yourself with the reality of your compatibility.

Prepare
Preparation is such an important part of a successful marriage as well as the process of deciphering if the person you are with is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with.

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Taiwo20(m): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
as long as she does come acriss as someone that could poison or stab me .....
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Adam09: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
[quote author=Scammer post=59158452]This is for real and 100% True.

She is just using you to wait for MR Right. Please don't allow even your enemy go through the pain of SS

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Divay22(f): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
You can write out what you want/need in your partner ,and if he or she tends to portray at least 80% ,then you can go ahead..
It all revolves around knowing the attributes you want your wife or hubby to have..

We ain't talking about relationship,that you can easily opt out when you're tired and breeze into another when you feel like, but we're talking about MARRIAGE...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Talkingboy: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
By doing Istikhara yourself.
NB: Do not visit any Alfa or whatever , Do it urself after two Nawafil ......

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by crispus09(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
marry ur best frnd.
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by godson4u79(m): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
That is called chemistry.. You know when you have more similarities than differences
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by oluwaniyi66(m): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
Scammer:
This is for real and 100% True.

You are leaving in infatuation bro. marriage ( reality ) will clear your face together when you spend all your life earning curing sickle cell. you will curse the day you met your wife. You will curse the day you said you both love each other 100% on nairaland, you will curse seun, you will curse, nairaland and the phone you use to type. I remember a couple who lost their 21 old year child to sickle cell. can you withstand that? love alone is not major reason why you should marry someone but compatibility ( spiritually, socially, medically, academically ) etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by vuc1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
Your instincts will always tell you the truth.His/her unconscious behavior towards you should tell you whether you can cope with him/her.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by Martin0(m): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
MissRaine69:
Look at you eh eh
I don dey look myself;Db4 Abeg explain jorgrin
Physicality :weitin u take am mean??grin
Re: How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? by braine(m): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2017
gergemam:
Watch Body Language, Mood Swings, Character, among others......

These things count during dating/friendship

Please explain further. You're making sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Best Couple Of The Month (Picture) / Just Looking At Him Makes Me Wet(pics) / Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.