Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) (60007 Views)

Aloysius Ikegwuonwu Bishop Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by phreakabit(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Yes we have to catch them first.
But we can't prevent such things, all the time.

That shooter was really psycho

As in Abia state albeit numerically scanty, implement a state vigilante service.
They don't need assault riffles, an automatic shotgun like the Saiga 12 should do.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Daeylar(f): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

When did all these random crazy shootings where someone just carries a gun and starts shooting random people start in this country??

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by MasterclipHub: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
Read an idiot in the previous post blabbing Mbaise undecided
I wish I can quote that imp angry
When something of this sort happens, everyone must not comment. It's no crime to be quiet on issue you know nothing about.

Rumor mongers

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by olajide21: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
They are terroristttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
Sagay212:
I thought they claimed it was fulani. I have said it, kanu and his ipod touts should be investigated and arrested. Remember some ipods went to a church to disorganise the gatherings chanting no election in anambra. I suspect kanu and his criminal ipods are trying to scare people just so that they won't be able to vote in anambra. Proper investigation must be done and the criminal ipods responsible for the must be severely dealt with.

stop typing rubbish this isn't Ipob nor fulani herdsmen matter.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Daeylar:
shocked shocked shocked

When did all these random crazy shootings where someone just carries a gun and starts shooting random people start in this country??

believe me, this incident was planned. it is not a random shooting. they had a purpose and they achieved it.

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Mr Obiano this your campaign visit don do, Igbo ppl especially Anambras are too wise to be deceive so easily with all this campaign strategies, u create the scene so u will have somewhere to visit since they have chase u out of church, just kukuma go back to the beer parlor, I mean ur usual beer joint and enjoy ur self till ur last day as governor, don't worry u will still be the governor because only ur village people will vote for u that day... Ndi Anambra open and shine ur eyes Oooo. this man invited his Fulani friends to come and create this scene so it will kook like Ndi Anambra are against each other, No election until they give us date for referendum shikina
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
clefstone:
give biafra and it will self destruct in 6 months. This is only one evidence

rubbish. the worse that has been happening in Nigeria from bokoharam, to ritual killing to fulani herdsmen have you stopped it why hasn't Nigeria disintegrated since 2015 as predicted mtseew
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
Obiano this your campaign visit don do, Igbo ppl especially Anambras are too wise to be deceive so easily with all this campaign strategies, u create the scene so u will have somewhere to visit since they have chase u out of church, just kukuma go back to the beer parlor, I mean ur usual beer joint and enjoy ur self till ur last day as governor, don't worry u will still be the governor because only ur village people will vote for u that day... Ndi Anambra open and shine ur eyes Oooo. this man invited his Fulani friends to come and create this scene so it will kook like Ndi Anambra are against each other, No election until they give us date for referendum shikina
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by chuka5000(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
phreakabit:

Who gives a f*ck about Nigeria?
I am only concerned about my people!
The moment these stupid Eastern Governors realize that they are failing their people they will sit up and do the needful.
They should disregard the NPF , the military, and focus more on expanding the "state" security services. . . Note I am not talking about state police here.

hahahahhahahahahaha
u dey vex o
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
Like I earlier suspected a South Africa based IPOB member has given an insight through his tweets.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Mr Obiano this your campaign visit don do, Igbo ppl especially Anambras are too wise to be deceive so easily with all this campaign strategies, u create the scene so u will have somewhere to visit since they have chase u out of church, just kukuma go back to the beer parlor, I mean ur usual beer joint and enjoy ur self till ur last day as governor, don't worry u will still be the governor because only ur village people will vote for u that day... Ndi Anambra open and shine ur eyes Oooo. this man invited his Fulani friends to come and create this scene so it will kook like Ndi Anambra are against each other, No election until they give us date for referendum shikina

if you are not sure of what happened keep shut. stop spreading ignorance.! a feud between two people caused this. it has nothing to do with the governor. if he didn't go to visit the victims you will still complain.

I repeat this has nothing to do with Ipob or anambra elections.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
The Ozubulu shooting at St. Phillips cath church is a continuation of the drug war that been going on in SA since 2013. More than 30 guys have been killed in this war of who takes control of a park where drugs is sold in Hillbrow. Even wives and relatives have been caught in this crossfire.

The last time Rev. Fr Ebube Mouso visited SA, one of the guys was gunned down right where the Fr. was holding his crusade. Sources said a notorious Nigerian who has been killing people since his arrival here in 1997 and was sentenced to 3 lives(75years) in 2011 is behind this killings.He calls you from prison and tell you that he's not gonna gain freedom soon.And if you don't give his boy X amount....they will kill you. All he needs is information about which and which Nigerians are doing well. He gets your # and ring you for ransom. He happily tells his victims that he's well protected in ��prison and you can't get him. He then send his guys, mostly SAans to kill our ppl.

The guy that was targeted today is called Bishop Ozubulu. Arguably the richest Nigerian in SA. He built the St Phillip Catholic Church and 2 other Catholic Churches in OZ. 3 of his boys have been gunned down in this same park in hillbrow.For the past 2 years Bishop has upped his Security details. In fact he's been protected by SAPS because most are his friends. He stays in one of the most secured areas in northern Suburbs of JHB. So seeing they can't get him, they decide to go and kill his family members in Ozubulu. They won't go unpunished IJN. ���
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Isinimibo: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hear what Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom said: herdsmen in neighbouring countries have concluded plans to invade the state.

Ortom raised the alarm at NSKT Church in Taraku, Gwer Local Government Area, during the burial of Mama Atese Rebecca.

He said the attack was because of the state’s stance on ranching.

The governor called on the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the state to organise prayer and fasting in order to avoid bloodshed.

He added that he had received security reports that herdsmen across the West African sub-region were planning to invade the state.

He added, “The anti-grazing law our government came up with was to protect both farmers and herdsmen. I have been saying that this government is ready for any superior alternative, but to me, the global practice is ranching of cattle.

“Let me appeal to our religious leaders, CAN, to organise prayers and fasting for peace to reign in the state.”

While hosting the country representative of the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees, Edward Kallon, Ortom had said herdsmen attacks had led to the death of 1,878 Benue residents, while 200 persons were still missing.
homicsblinks:
... Shooting caused by Feud between Brothers living Outside Nigeria.

The Ozubulu community in Ekwusigo local government area of Anambra State were this morning thrown into mourning as a gun man walked into St Philip's Catholic Church and started shooting sporadically, killing 11 and injuring 18 persons.On hearing the sad development, Governor Obiano stormed the scene to ascertain the level of damage and sympathize with the people.

Speaking at the Church premises, the governor revealed that preliminary security investigations show that the shooting was caused by a feud between two brothers from the community living outside Nigeria."This is sacrilegious, totally unacceptable in Anambra State." - Gov Obiano.The deeply saddened governor asked the people to go about their businesses without fear or panic noting that this isolated case must be followed to the root and all perpetrators must be brought to book.

"We can't allow this happen in Anambra, we must get everyone involved to face the music" the governor declared.Gov Obiano also visited Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi where the injured are being treated.

Thanking over 50 doctors who were on ground looking after the injured, the governor assured their families that all medical bills will be taken care of by the State Government.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.viviangist.com.ng/ozubulu-church-shooting-aug-8-2017/amp
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
Abagworo:
Like I earlier suspected a South Africa based IPOB member has given an insight through his tweets.

stop spewing trash. all ibos are not Ipob members. and this has nothing to do with Ipob.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by mechanics(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
So unfortunate, it's high time churches guide themselves from gunmen by using security personnel to mount strategic points during church service, rest in peace to the dead, wishing the injured speedy recovery.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

stop spewing trash. all ibos are not Ipob members. and this has nothing to do with Ipob.

The guy in question that tweeted the full story is an IPOB member.

Abagworo:
The Ozubulu shooting at St. Phillips cath church is a continuation of the drug war that been going on in SA since 2013. More than 30 guys have been killed in this war of who takes control of a park where drugs is sold in Hillbrow. Even wives and relatives have been caught in this crossfire.

The last time Rev. Fr Ebube Mouso visited SA, one of the guys was gunned down right where the Fr. was holding his crusade. Sources said a notorious Nigerian who has been killing people since his arrival here in 1997 and was sentenced to 3 lives(75years) in 2011 is behind this killings.He calls you from prison and tell you that he's not gonna gain freedom soon.And if you don't give his boy X amount....they will kill you. All he needs is information about which and which Nigerians are doing well. He gets your # and ring you for ransom. He happily tells his victims that he's well protected in ��prison and you can't get him. He then send his guys, mostly SAans to kill our ppl.

The guy that was targeted today is called Bishop Ozubulu. Arguably the richest Nigerian in SA. He built the St Phillip Catholic Church and 2 other Catholic Churches in OZ. 3 of his boys have been gunned down in this same park in hillbrow.For the past 2 years Bishop has upped his Security details. In fact he's been protected by SAPS because most are his friends. He stays in one of the most secured areas in northern Suburbs of JHB. So seeing they can't get him, they decide to go and kill his family members in Ozubulu. They won't go unpunished IJN. ���

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
The heart of men. So evil.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Liftkid(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
phreakabit:
150 people killed prior to Governor showing up
11 people after he showed up ?
Regardless of figures this just shows how inept and incompetent Eastern governors are.
Security is porous AF in the East!
I honestly don't get what these dimwits called governors do with all the funds they get.

people at the nearest mortuary to my office pass 12 . talk more of the ones very close to the church. them don already full. I witnessed this myself
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Sagay212: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

stop typing rubbish this isn't Ipob nor fulani herdsmen matter.

To you it is rubbish, but the truth will soon come out. You ipods are in big trouble.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Reference(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
EL-Paso all over again.....sad.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by CoolKizzy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
sad

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
Malaise Catholic groups should not read this. RIP to the dead. God will handle the matter.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
Sagay212:

To you it is rubbish, but the truth will soon come out. You ipods are in big trouble.

then wait for the truth and stop typing nonsense.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by silento(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
shocked It's good that Obiano came out to condemn the incident and also show care in their welfare.

But to me the story is not adding up! Igbos embarrassed Obiano in the church when they chanted "no election in Anambra State" and today two brothers living OUTSIDE Nigeria killed and injured innocent people undecided
Is any of the brothers in the church

I suspect Obiano released this mayhem to send fear or warning to the people who might want to challenge Him next time!

Another guess could be his opposition are trying to taint his image, make people think Obiano is the one behind this ugly incident therefore reducreduce his chances of winning shocked shocked

My prayer is that whoever that is behind this ugly incident will be wiped off but with no one to bury them!
May cultures eat them while they have little or no pulse in them!

RIP to the dead! You were with the Lord before your tragic death. May He show you mercy!

must you talk stop talking trash about things you don't know anything about
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
Abagworo:

The guy in question that tweeted the full story is an IPOB member.

ok I thought you meant the matter had something to do with iPob and the governor like some ignorant people are insinuating.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

if you are not sure of what happened keep shut. stop spreading ignorance.! a feud between two people caused this. it has nothing to do with the governor. if he didn't go to visit the victims you will still complain.

I repeat this has nothing to do with Ipob or anambra elections.
gerrout of here, Obiano is just heating up the polite for nothing, we are wiser than u think, a feud between two abroad base. and for ur mind its in the church they will come and settle their feud I see how intelligent u are, this is exactly how Fulanis herdman's operates, Obiano should tame his Fulani friends, election will not hold , If I were him, I will start looting seriously like never b4
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Sagay212: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

then wait for the truth and stop typing nonsense.

E be like say your body dey pepper you. I hope you are not an ipod.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by DONADAMS(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
phreakabit:
150 people killed prior to Governor showing up
11 people after he showed up ?
Regardless of figures this just shows how inept and incompetent Eastern governors are.
Security is porous AF in the East!
I honestly don't get what these dimwits called governors do with all the funds they get.
Oga,,it happens everywhere.. don't gunmen kill in America and other countries?? do they blame their governors??na wa
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
gerrout of here, Obiano is just heating up the polite for nothing, we are wiser than u think, a feud between two abroad base. and for ur mind its in the church they will come and settle their feud I see how intelligent u are, this is exactly how Fulanis herdman's operates, Obiano should tame his Fulani friends, election will not hold , If I were him, I will start looting seriously like never b4

they came to that church for a reason. the feud did not start today. stop spreading ignorance you brainless Ipobian.

if you are not from ozubulu stop spewing trash.
Re: Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) by missyadorable(f): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
Honestly,I'm yet to understand what people actually go to church for?

After a busy week at work,Sunday is the only day to stay home and rest.

Despite a rainy,flooded environment these stubborn enthusiasts still go to sit in a house claiming they are worshipping God.

Serves them right!

They refuse to learn.The God who claims he loves you,can protect from all evil and you foolishly believe couldn't save them.

Such irony!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.