Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss (7121 Views)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / The Route To Inner Peace And Eternal Peace / The Revelation Of The True God And Eternal Life (the Father Of All Spirits) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by urheme: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
johnydon22:
At a point here on nairaland i had a signature on which states; If a perfect God with the ability to create a perfect world exists and wants you to be in a perfect world, you would have been in a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for such bizarre cruel test results determined by virtue of all knowledge

I would like you to mull over this and my proceeding points in this write-up, i aim to invoke deep thoughts about our beliefs and hopes.

In very many religions of the world there are concepts of paradise, heaven, valhalla. A supposedly perfect world of eternal bliss, sinless and without any atom of corruption where you may end up to live an infinite life of joy, happiness and plenty.

But there is a bizarre twist to this idea, this is where it gets strange.

"You must live and die first before it can be determined if you are qualified to gain this eternal bliss"

If we run our thoughts backwards in time, try to picture the state we were before birth then one can be exposed the bizarreness and cruelty of such unnecessary tests.

We didn't exist -

There were two choices before God, create these beings into a perfect world or create them into an imperfect world to test them over nothing.

If there is a perfect God with the ability to make a perfect world and this perfect God wants you to be in a perfect world, he would have pulled you directly from in-existence into this perfect world.

You didn't exist, so what exactly was the need for the test when you could be created exactly where God wills?

So if heaven is perfect at last, and everyone in heaven will turn out perfect then this means God is fully capable of creating a perfect world with perfect beings in it, which now begs the question "Why didn't God create that perfect world in the first place?"

Some persons that i know and talked about this issue with gave the answer that God initially created this world to be perfect but man's action ruined God's perfect plan.

It is amazing how the perfect plan of an all knowing and all powerful being can be thwarted by tiny man.

This answer calls into question the very purity of heaven, if man could ruin God's perfect world, what would change when man is now in heaven?

won't man also be able to ruin that too?

If you say that man cannot ruin heaven, the next question becomes - Why was man able to ruin this world but will be unable to ruin the next?

Take again as a second instance the story of Lucifer in Christian mythology, he was once an angel of God, one of Gods sons and was the bringer of light, a high ranked angel but became corrupt of his own essence, envied God's position and rebelled against God thus culminating to heavenly civil war that led to him being cast out of heaven alongside his followers.

Even heavenly beings in as this story goes are not immune to corruption, they are just as man still vulnerable to impurity and sin.

What will God do differently in paradise to avoid the whole saga repeating itself all over again and thus it keeps going?

cc. hahn, uyildredi, coolusername, plaetton, frank317

Hello johnydon22,

Not all Christians are concerned with the fantasy of a heaven or hell.....A Christian's goal should not be heaven but how to make a positive impact in this world where we find our selves......God has been projected into our mind in divers ways by the different sectors and denominations of religions.

After reading your post, i felt like crying because i sympathize with you....the burden in your Heart to break a circle that is intolerably wrong......The strong feelings in you to liberate your people from greed, foolishness and stupidity.....Your desire to see the religious crooks nailed for the gross deceit and robbery perpetuated on your people.......The anger that burns in your heart watching your people being deceived while they know they are being deceived and yet willing to be deceived........Hummm.

My Brother, God uses the imperfect things of this world to do wonders...God did not create any thing perfect.....Heaven or hell if there is cannot be perfect.......God is irreligious and His doctrine is love and love only.

With this kind of burden in your heart....You might just be the one liberator God is actually looking for to break the heavy burden of the toxic Called religion that the devil has use to yoke the people down for ages.

God is worshiped in the spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by johnydon22(m): 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
HardMirror:

oh cool
I am interested

I think this where my discussion with dorox saw God enter the table, were have been talking from the start of the thread but at that juncture God entered and the discussion began to sweet well well.. take a look

https://www.nairaland.com/3138024/cosmological-philosophical-forum/3
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by Martinez19(m): 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
urheme:

Hello johnydon22,

Not all Christians are concerned with the fantasy of a heaven or hell.....A Christian's goal should not be heaven but how to make a positive impact in this world where we find our selves......God has been projected into our mind in divers ways by the different sectors and denominations of religions.

After reading your post, i felt like crying because i sympathize with you....the burden in your Heart to break a circle that is intolerably wrong......The strong feelings in you to liberate your people from greed, foolishness and stupidity.....Your desire to see the religious crooks nailed for the gross deceit and robbery perpetuated on your people.......The anger that burns in your heart watching your people being deceived while they know they are being deceived and yet willing to be deceived........Hummm.

My Brother, God uses the imperfect things of this world to do wonders...God did not create any thing perfect.....Heaven or hell if there is cannot be perfect.......God is irreligious and His doctrine is love and love only.

With this kind of burden in your heart....You might just be the one liberator God is actually looking for to break the heavy burden of the toxic Called religion that the devil has use to yoke the people down for ages.

God is worshiped in the spirit.
What is this one saying? Heaven and hell are realities to christians. To escape hell and to make heaven is a quest for christians so as obeying other parts of the bible. Christianity, whether you like it or not, is a religion. If you doubt it, then you need a good dictionary. Johnydon22 is not used by God and I don't think he would want to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by urheme: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Martinez19:
What is this one saying? Heaven and hell are realities to christians. To escape hell and to make heaven is a quest for christians so as obeying other parts of the bible. Christianity, whether you like it or not, is a religion. If you doubt it, then you need a good dictionary. Johnydon22 is not used by God and I don't think he would want to.

So your point is
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by edicied: 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
I think the Muslim Heaven answers all this
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by Martinez19(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
urheme:

So your point is
My point is what you wrote is hypocritical and ignorant crap. It is either you take the bible as it is or you don't take it at all. Hypocrisy puts one in the middle.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
edicied:
I think the Muslim Heaven answers all this
how?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by edicied: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
realtem:
how?
In Muslim heaven, you can do anyhow grin
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
edicied:

How sure are you about this? Perhaps give me a reason(a passage from their holy book would do well) to believe it.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by edicied: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
realtem:
How sure are you about this? Perhaps give me a reason(a passage from their holy book would do well) to believe it.
Guy am not a Muslim o grin
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by johnydon22(m): 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
edicied:

1 Like

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
edicied:
Guy am not a Muslim o grin
Okay.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
edicied:

That's not an heaven i'll want to be in anyway
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by johnydon22(m): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
realtem:
What?

Free food, booze and p*ssy? Count me in please!!!
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by edicied: 12:12am On Aug 10, 2017
realtem:
See you, You no like 72 virgins? shocked
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by dalaman: 2:37am On Aug 10, 2017
johnydon22:
This is just how myth goes!.

Satan was once an angel in a perfect heaven then evil grew within him.
-Therefore heaven wasn't perfect in the first place.

then he rebelled and got thrown out.
-even protests, coups, revolutions and rebellions takes place in heaven too.. Hmmm heaven is simply a copy of earthly politics.

And then he was sent to earth out of countless planets in the cosmos.
-Cool story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by dalaman: 2:45am On Aug 10, 2017
HardMirror:
Jesus death Rubbish and uselessness
Yes, you read that right! The death of Jesus is absolute rubbish.

So God Soooooooo loved the world, yet the best he could do was send a single jesus to die and make it compulsory to believe in jesus before we can have eternal life? Hmmmm....

So while jesus was busy dying in Jerusalem, with the africans, south americans, australian aborigines asians totally unaware of a jew in jerusalem supposedly dying for the sins of the world world.

It would take hundreds of years for the gospel to reach many parts of the world even after jesus died. So what was happening to the millions of people dying everyday without even knowing Jesus ever existed?

It should have been, "for God so loved the Jews of Jerusalem..." Not the Whole world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by dalaman: 2:48am On Aug 10, 2017
HardMirror:
Heaven will fall again! There will be sin and rebellion in heaven!

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
As long as we would have free will in heaven, then get ready for rebellion!

HOW DO I KNOW?

In the very beginning before man was created. There was this angel, he was the most beautiful and incharge of music in heaven. Lucifer, the bright morning star, he was!

Guess what? At this time there was nothing ever called sin. Nothing knew how to sin.

YET Lucifer rose one day and decided to take oover from God, a 3rd of ALL the angels even decided to follow Lucifer. And a war broke out in heaven.

Now after some years of this rebellion, you would think the angels have learnt their lesson not to rebel against God. For where?
In the times of Noah, these sons of God looked down from heaven and saw that the women on earth were beautiful, so they started running away from heaven (heaven must be so boring) and came to earth to have good times with our ladies. grin

I am therefore convinced that we humans that are even more stubborn than angels will scatter heaven in no time. Remember that angels have no free will like we humans, yet they could turn against God. How much more we humans that have free will?

So obvious God is not that terrifying, for the angels to not have respect or fear him and allow their penis make them leave heaven and not care about God's anger.

Think deeply about this

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by dalaman: 3:03am On Aug 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Man was created in a perfect world, but with freewill! That means that he could choose to obey or disobey GOD. Unfortunately he chose to disobey GOD. Creating man without the ability to choose voluntarily to love and obey GOD makes him a robot/machine.

However, those who would be in Heaven are those who have shown that they would permanently obey GOD with their freewill, come what may.(Rev. 12:11)

But even a third of the angels that were created without free will (Robots) decided to follow lucifer and rebel against God in a perfect heaven talk more of humans that have free will and are always and constantly struggling with sin according to the story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 8:06am On Aug 10, 2017
johnydon22:
What?

Free food, booze and p*ssy? Count me in please!!!
edicied: See you, You no like 72 virgins
Well i don't really like booze.

The only way 72 virgins will make sense is with infinite amount of energy. And even at that, i can't imagine having sex for 2000 years and beyond.

Seriously, the only way i'll consider heaven is if God makes gadgets(God could even make this one himself.it'll be interesting cos we get to see all those futuristic gadgets in sci-fi movies), video games, or has people(angels) who act series, interesting books aside the qur'an,anime writers---> all of this with occassional updates then we can talk about making heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by Samsimple(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2017
hahn:

I don't think you can have a sane and intellectual argument anywhere. The only place I enjoy discussions these days in on Thinker's Lodge, a whatsapp group for nairaland atheists, but that place is not for the faint of heart. People who are emotional like ifeness, who has left the group 3 times, cannot seem to handle the emotional stress of having a discussion with people who criticize everything

But I love it! cheesy grin
i want to join that group oohh
whatsapp no. 09075635410
abeg...
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by Samsimple(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2017
Where is BUHARI
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by SmartyPants(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
johnydon22:
At a point here on nairaland i had a signature on which states; If a perfect God with the ability to create a perfect world exists and wants you to be in a perfect world, you would have been in a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for such bizarre cruel test results determined by virtue of all knowledge

I would like you to mull over this and my proceeding points in this write-up, i aim to invoke deep thoughts about our beliefs and hopes.

In very many religions of the world there are concepts of paradise, heaven, valhalla. A supposedly perfect world of eternal bliss, sinless and without any atom of corruption where you may end up to live an infinite life of joy, happiness and plenty.

But there is a bizarre twist to this idea, this is where it gets strange.

"You must live and die first before it can be determined if you are qualified to gain this eternal bliss"

If we run our thoughts backwards in time, try to picture the state we were before birth then one can be exposed the bizarreness and cruelty of such unnecessary tests.

We didn't exist -

There were two choices before God, create these beings into a perfect world or create them into an imperfect world to test them over nothing.

If there is a perfect God with the ability to make a perfect world and this perfect God wants you to be in a perfect world, he would have pulled you directly from in-existence into this perfect world.

You didn't exist, so what exactly was the need for the test when you could be created exactly where God wills?

So if heaven is perfect at last, and everyone in heaven will turn out perfect then this means God is fully capable of creating a perfect world with perfect beings in it, which now begs the question "Why didn't God create that perfect world in the first place?"

Some persons that i know and talked about this issue with gave the answer that God initially created this world to be perfect but man's action ruined God's perfect plan.

It is amazing how the perfect plan of an all knowing and all powerful being can be thwarted by tiny man.

This answer calls into question the very purity of heaven, if man could ruin God's perfect world, what would change when man is now in heaven?

won't man also be able to ruin that too?

If you say that man cannot ruin heaven, the next question becomes - Why was man able to ruin this world but will be unable to ruin the next?

Take again as a second instance the story of Lucifer in Christian mythology, he was once an angel of God, one of Gods sons and was the bringer of light, a high ranked angel but became corrupt of his own essence, envied God's position and rebelled against God thus culminating to heavenly civil war that led to him being cast out of heaven alongside his followers.

Even heavenly beings in as this story goes are not immune to corruption, they are just as man still vulnerable to impurity and sin.

What will God do differently in paradise to avoid the whole saga repeating itself all over again and thus it keeps going?

cc. hahn, uyildredi, coolusername, plaetton, frank317

You've made a few wrong assumptions. I speak from the Christian point of view.

1. That life is a test. Life is not a test that determines ones qualifications to enter heaven. Not in Christianity. In Christianity, man belongs on earth, and going to heaven is only temporal until God creates a new earth that is perfectly pure and will remain that way forever. My point here is that you have it wrong right from the start.

2. What if God has His plans but allows man to exercise free will? God made man and He reserves the right to grant unto His creation freewill.

3. Consider this: what if you are so powerful that you can determine where you will end up, either in heaven or hell? Would it stil e God's responsibility to make sure you go to heaven?
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by urheme: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Martinez19:
My point is what you wrote is hypocritical and ignorant crap. It is either you take the bible as it is or you don't take it at all. Hypocrisy puts one in the middle.

THANK YOU.

JESUS CHRIST REFUSED TO BE CHOCKED WITH THOSE BOOKS.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

You've made a few wrong assumptions. I speak from the Christian point of view.

1. That life is a test. Life is not a test that determines ones qualifications to enter heaven. Not in Christianity. In Christianity, man belongs on earth, and going to heaven is only temporal until God creates a new earth that is perfectly pure and will remain that way forever. My point here is that you have it wrong right from the start.

2. What if God has His plans but allows man to exercise free will? God made man and He reserves the right to grant unto His creation freewill.

3. Consider this: what if you are so powerful that you can determine where you will end up, either in heaven or hell? Would it stil e God's responsibility to make sure you go to heaven?
Why did God create man?(from a christian POV)
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by SmartyPants(m): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
realtem:

Why did God create man?(from a christian POV)

I don't know. Why does an artist create an artwork? Why does and inventor create an invention? Do we look to the artwork or to the invention for answers about the artist or inventor?

Why then so you look to man for answers about God?
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

I don't know. Why does an artist create an artwork? Why does and inventor create an invention? Do we look to the artwork or to the invention for answers about the artist or inventor?

Why then so you look to man for answers about God?
hmmm... So, is there any chance God revealed that in the bible?
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by SmartyPants(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
realtem:
hmmm... So, is there any chance God revealed that in the bible?

As far as I know, no.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by ifenes(m): 3:51am On Aug 11, 2017
hahn:

I don't think you can have a sane and intellectual argument anywhere. The only place I enjoy discussions these days in on Thinker's Lodge, a whatsapp group for nairaland atheists, but that place is not for the faint of heart. People who are emotional like ifeness, who has left the group 3 times, cannot seem to handle the emotional stress of having a discussion with people who criticize everything

But I love it! cheesy grin

I'm not being arrogant, but your chat group was like demoting myself 7 classes lower, shifting 700 years back in time and having childish discussions with farmers. Sorry I had to leave even when you re-invited me several times. No disrespect to the guys there(some nice guys and ladies on there) but you are one dumb fellow. I would not give in depth analysis on how childish your discussions were. The conversations were so uneducative, I would rather watch paint dry. To you that is a chat group of intelligent discussions, to me it was pathetic. I can put you through intelligent chat groups where you could actually meet quality people and learn only if you will learn to keep your mouth shut and stop arguing blindly. A lot of your questions shows a complete lack of understanding. You are as brainwashed as the people you criticise.

I do not dislike you in any way but someone had to tell you the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by hahn(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
ifenes:

I'm not being arrogant, but your chat group was like demoting myself 7 classes lower, shifting 700 years back in time and having childish discussions with farmers.

So childish you joined and left 3 times grin

Sorry I had to leave even when you re-invited me several times.

I never reinvited you. Whoever did probably had their reasons

No disrespect to the guys there(some nice guys and ladies on there) but you are one dumb fellow. I would not give in depth analysis on how childish your discussions were.

Hahahaha. Biatch! cheesy grin

The conversations were so uneducative, I would rather watch paint dry. To you that is a chat group of intelligent discussions, to me it was pathetic. I can put you through intelligent chat groups where you could actually meet quality people and learn only if you will learn to keep your mouth shut and stop arguing blindly. A lot of your questions shows a complete lack of understanding. You are as brainwashed as the people you criticise.

Oh please. The word you are looking for is emotional and not intelligent

I do not dislike you in any way but someone had to tell you the truth.

Who you epp? Kuro lori ago mi mehn grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. / I Spent 15 Months In My Mother’s Womb: T.b Joshua / My Dream Of Ripe Heavy Bounch Of Plantain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.