Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss (7101 Views)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / The Route To Inner Peace And Eternal Peace / The Revelation Of The True God And Eternal Life (the Father Of All Spirits) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by DoctorAlien(m): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
dalaman:

But even a third of the angels that were created without free will (Robots) decided to follow lucifer and rebel against God in a perfect heaven talk more of humans that have free will and are always and constantly struggling with sin according to the story.

Angels were created with freewill.

1 Like

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by dalaman: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Angels were created with freewill.

According to who?
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by realtem(m): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
I swear, the muslims have created a nairaland version of eternal(well till nairaland stops being) bliss. A short visit to the islam section and i see threads addressing islamic issues and all comments on the thread were like: May allah help us..., Amin, thanks brother and likes. Any comment not supporting islam would have definitely been removed.
These guys have been successfully turned to zombies(anyone refusing zombification can't post).

This is a model God could adopt if he wanted to create a place of eternal bliss and still accomodate freewill.

The thing is God would just have to be the only judge(mods) and make judgements swift(like removing posts or banning monikers), right on the spot not waiting for some number of years. :-/
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by jejemanito: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
edicied:

In Muslim heaven, you can do anyhow grin
grin grin grin

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by chemystery: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
Well written @johnydon22
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by ifenes(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
hahn:

So childish you joined and left 3 times grin

I never reinvited you. Whoever did probably had their reasons

Hahahaha. Biatch! cheesy grin

Oh please. The word you are looking for is emotional and not intelligent

Who you epp? Kuro lori ago mi mehn grin

I shouldn't be trading words with you. But what started as a mutual invite turns out to be something you deny. Well, I'm not surprised. Of what use was your "thinkers lodge" group to me ? I joined and noticed you chatted unintelligently and I decided to leave. Too many alerts on my phone was disturbing and I saw no point seeing irrelevant conversations. You even added me again and I left again as it wasn't my kind of chat group. Next time delete your chats if you gonna lie you never invited me. Whatever it is you hold against me,let it go. Beefing me will not solve your problems. Relax,inhale,exhale, enjoy life, make love, lose some weight....... I'm not your problem.

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by johnydon22(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2017
ifenes:

I shouldn't be trading words with you. But what started as a mutual invite turns out to be something you deny. Well, I'm not surprised. Of what use was your "thinkers lodge" group to me ? I joined and noticed you chatted unintelligently and I decided to leave. Too many alerts on my phone was disturbing and I saw no point seeing irrelevant conversations. You even added me again and I left again as it wasn't my kind of chat group. Next time delete your chats if you gonna lie you never invited me. Whatever it is you hold against me,let it go. Beefing me will not solve your problems. Relax,inhale,exhale, enjoy life, make love, lose some weight....... I'm not your problem.

He said he never reinvited you not never invited you.. Mind the two words, hardly same.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by ifenes(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnydon22:

He said he never reinvited you not never invited you.. Mind the two words, hardly same.

please don't take sides. Not only did he invite me again, he made me a mod. It's no big deal anyway, it's only a chat group where they talk all day. Due to exposing my number there I attracted a few scam artists asking me for postcodes and email.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by johnydon22(m): 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
ifenes:

please don't take sides. Not only did he invite me again, he made me a mod.
I am not taking sides boss, after all it has been a very long time i myself left the said group.

i was only pointing out the words here as i read them, i do not know who invited who or who, i am just pointing out based on what i read each person say.

i trust you understand that.

It's no big deal anyway, it's only a chat group where they talk all day.
Lol true that

Due to exposing my number there I attracted a few scam artists asking me for postcodes and email.

hmmmm
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by ifenes(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
johnydon22:
I am not taking sides boss, after all it has been a very long time i myself left the said group.

i was only pointing out the words here as i read them, i do not know who invited who or who, i am just pointing out based on what i read each person say.

i trust you understand that.

Lol true that

hmmmm

It's okay brother. The screenshot I posted was him talking me into joining his chat group the 2nd time. I had already left the group a few month before that. Anyway I wish him well, no hard feelings.
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by DoctorAlien(m): 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
dalaman:

According to who?

According to common sense. Only creatures with freewill could CHOOSE to rebel against GOD.

1 Like

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by edicied: 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
DoctorAlien:

According to common sense. Only creatures with freewill could CHOOSE to rebel against GOD.
So in heaven no Freewill grin
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
We started out this study on the Synoptic Gospels by looking at the political and religious development that frame the world in which Jesus came into and today, we will taking a quick look on each of the Synoptic Gospels and their objective.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke are known as the Synoptic gospels. They are called synoptic because they can be viewed together to gain parallel understanding of the life and ministry of Jesus. In that, all three have close similarities in content, order and wording that they can easily be set side by side to provide a comparison of their content even though there are omissions and additions in each of them. John, however, is not considered synoptic because it has many different events, content and order in contrast with Matthew, Mark, and Luke. (E.g. there’s no mentioned of any parable of Jesus in the gospel of John neither did he mention the end of the age prophecies of Jesus at the Olivet discourse etc)

The gospel of Matthew was written for Jews. The Jews look in anticipation for the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah who will usher in the kingdom of heaven, an heir to the throne of David. Matthew’s objective was therefore, to reveal Jesus as the fulfillment of prophecies and as the king of Jews, the legal heir to throne of David. So he spells this out in his genealogy as he connected Jesus to the covenant of Abraham and of David so they realize the promises made to them are fulfilled in him. The Jews, however, missed it all because they expected the Messiah will be a mighty warrior who will lead them in conquest against the Romans and establish an earthly kingdom where he will rule over them forever in their holy city (Jerusalem). (See Zech 9:9; Matt 21:1-6, Jer 23:5; Matt 2:1-10)

The gospel of Mark was written to the Romans who were vitally interested in one who can work and perform great deed. It therefore represent the character and career of Jesus from the Roman point of view as answering to the idea of divine power, work, conquest and universal sway. This gospel presents Jesus as a servant and so there’s no mention of his genealogy for ancestry of servants are not worthy of note. (See Isa 42:1, Zech 3:8, Mark 10:45)
Luke presented Jesus as the perfect man and universal savior. We see this clearly in his genealogy as he connected Jesus back to Adam, son of God; stressing his possession of all. It was a gospel written for the Greeks who were vitally interested in knowledge, so he presented Jesus as the wisdom of God incarnate. (See Zech 6:12-13, Luke 2:30-32, 3:38, 19:10)

Friends, the New Testament is a revelation of the redemptive activity of God as it culminates in the; incarnation, crucifixion, and...

Click the link to continue: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2017/08/understanding-synoptic-gospels-pt3.html
Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by urahara(m): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
Martinez19:
The concepts of religion crumbles when passed through critical thinking, reasoning, logic, common sense and science.

When people tell me that the things and ways of God are too hard to understand, I ask them how the authors of the bible understood the ways of God. I also ask that if a human is not thinking logically, critically, reasonably and respects evidence, how else will he know who is deceiving him or not? How else will he know the truth?

Johnydon22, your questions are sufficient to debunk the claims of religious paradises. The problem is that if christians will focus on the topic and answer the questions. Perhaps they might attack the poster himself.

that's why Martin Luther the reformer said that reason is the devils LovePeddler. she never comes to the aid of religious things.

1 Like

Re: About The Idea Of Heaven And Eternal Bliss by johnydon22(m): 9:35pm On May 08, 2018
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses....why Were They Not Canonized Into The Bible? / Copy And Paste This On ALL Muslim Stories! Flood Them With The Truth!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.