Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:07 PM

How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! (11802 Views)

Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? / Must We Shout When We Pray? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Patjoe: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2010
Bless this food oh lord for Christ sake Amen!!
The is the the traditional family prayer we have been doing over the years, but of late ,I have been hearing all manner of prayers, Some will bind demons,poison, some will offer long long prayers.
What is the best way to pray over our meals.
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by snowdrops(m): 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2010
Plus Jesus minus devil. Amen.
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Patjoe: 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
I just remembered that one.
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by nuella2(f): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
Father, in the name of Jesus. Thank you for the provision of this meal. AMEN.
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by inedi: 8:02am On Feb 18, 2010
Father i bind every poising from this food, in jesus name we pray
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Iyineda(m): 9:04am On Feb 18, 2010
Bon appetit!

That one always works wonders. smiley
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by mabell: 9:36am On Feb 18, 2010
Patjoe:

The is the the traditional family prayer we have been doing over the years, but of late ,I have been hearing all manner of prayers, Some will bind demons,poison, some will offer long long prayers.
thank you for this food, Dear Lord. Amen!
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Joagbaje(m): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2010
The biblical and mature prayer over food is thanksgiving.It is an expression of faith which indirectly says "Lord i recognise this food came from you and I thank you for it" That is how to sanctify food. All the places Jesus prayed over food he never said " Father bless and sanctify this food" but rather he gave thanks.

When he fed thousands even though the food was small but when he gave thanks ,God's pressence came on it.

Matthew 15:36
And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

At the communion table, he did thesame thing.

Matthew 26:27
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

1 Tim. 4:3-4
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. [4] For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Whatever you recieve with thanksgiving is sanctified.
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Iyineda(m): 11:32am On Feb 18, 2010
^^^^ Geeez, enough with the Bible quoting already. YOU ALWAYS quote the Bible whenever you leave a comment on these boards.

Random normal person - Hey there, Joagbaje. Nice day, isn't it?

Joagbaje - OT, Genesis chapter 1234, verse 56789
"Bla bla, yada yada, Bible says [insert wonderful feat] Nomnommom".

Random normal person - Shiit.
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by snowdrops(m): 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

The biblical and mature prayer over food is thanksgiving.It is an expression of faith which indirectly says "Lord i recognise this food came from you and I thank you for it" That is how to sanctify food. All the places Jesus prayed over food he never said " Father bless and sanctify this food" but rather he gave thanks.

When he fed thousands even though the food was small but when he gave thanks ,God's pressence came on it.

And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. [4] For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

very well said
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by manmustwac(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
man must wack! Amen grin

1 Like

Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by mazaje(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
manmustwac:

man must wack! Amen grin

This one no be lie ohh. . .Man must wack no lie. . . . .
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by afiq(m): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Grace Before and After Meals

Before: Bless us, O Lord! and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

After: We give Thee thanks for all Thy benefits, O Almighty God, who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by InesQor(m): 11:18pm On Mar 06, 2010
I laugh tire! grin

And the funniest posts are:

snowdrops:

Plus Jesus minus devil. Amen.

inedi:

Father i bind every poising from this food, in jesus name we pray

Iyineda:

<snip>
Random normal person - Hey there, Joagbaje. Nice day, isn't it?

Joagbaje - OT, Genesis chapter 1234, verse 56789
"Bla bla, yada yada, Bible says [insert wonderful feat] Nomnommom".

Random normal person - Shiit.

manmustwac:

man must wack! Amen grin

1 Like

Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by ilosiwaju: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
prayer ke? wont the food get cold?
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Image123(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
Three shouts of Fire, followed by seven Amen like thunder.
We're good to go
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
so funny grin
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 09, 2010
We usually sing 2songs in d early 80s
1. 'some av food,but cannot eat
'some can eat but av no food,
'We av food&we can eat,glory be to thee oh Lord(Amen)

2.Thk u for the word so sweet,thk u for the food we eat,thk u for the birds that sing,thk u Lord for everythng(Amen).

swt memories of primary school days

1 Like

Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 09, 2010
yeah,we would then say a big amen,then munching starts
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2010
uplawal:

yeah,we would then say a big amen,then munching starts
madam u no go sleep? At 1.00am
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by richjohn1(m): 8:00am On Mar 09, 2010
Any satanic poison in this food I neutralize it by fire in the name of jesus grin
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2010
very funny kind of prayer.incase u dnt know,only thanking ALMIGHTY GOD for providing the food alone can blast any satanic poison,u dnt really need to cast and bind lol grin
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 09, 2010
@rich john,what if is rat poison thats in the food? grin
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by newmi(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
how nice, na christ won chop the food?
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by newmi(m): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2010

thank you Sir, at last enough of all those useless, meaningless, senseless and childish prayers
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by richjohn1(m): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2010
@uplawal
the blood of jesus neutralizes all kinds of poison grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2010
unshed blood lol grin grin grin,u just try it,put rat poison in ur food and cast,bind and plead ocean of blood of jesus and come and tell us first,except God still wants to save u sha
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by richjohn1(m): 8:09am On Mar 12, 2010
@uplawal
Na ou go first try am grin grin then I go come follow
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2010
okay o,me my faith no tell me say blood of jesus fit neutralise na, no be u talk am,u try am na grin
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by salaudol(m): 1:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Hypocrites!

Why una no dey bless 'second round'??

Incase first plate nor do.

Survival of the fittest is when 8 guys eats together from a plate.

U wan close eyes dey pray abi?

Ok..............
Re: How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On May 03, 2023
Patjoe:
These prayers are meaningless really since Jesus Christ never asked one to engage in such rituals. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Some Funny Churches Name. / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / Would You Change Your Religion For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.