Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? (4247 Views)

How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / Must We Shout When We Pray? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by kilokeys(m): 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirituality in naija baffles me.. Everything is a prayer point.. Shld it be? I feel we r vain and materialistic down here.. how is d mode of prayer like in d western world? Is it laden with the D-I-Y things.? we bind d rain, pray against d sun. Report phcn to God. Fold our arms and fast about issues of terrorism. Who is with my school of thought?

5 Likes

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by FXKing2012(m): 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
kilokeys: Spirituality in naija baffles me.. Everything is a prayer point.. Shld it be? I feel we r vain and materialistic down here.. how is d mode of prayer like in d western world? Is it laden with the D-I-Y things.? we bind d rain, pray against d sun. Report phcn to God. Fold our arms and fast about issues of terrorism. Who is with my school of thought?

We shld only pray about things that matter and are spiritual, God will not come down to do for us what we can do for ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by kilokeys(m): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

We shld only pray about things that matter and are spiritual, God will not come down to do for us what we can do for ourselves.
i feel d same.. We ought to yearn for spiritual things and gifts.. And pray abt things we do nt hv power over like natural disasters and d likes
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Image123(m): 12:21am On Jul 03, 2012
we should pray about everything, and commit our ways to God so that our thoughts can be Established. We should cast ALL our cares on God, trusting that He cares for us. its a romance, fellowship, communion. But we shouldn't abuse that into negligence and irresponsible lifestyles as common in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by tpia5: 3:09am On Jul 03, 2012
smooth image123 smooth.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by tpia5: 3:10am On Jul 03, 2012
@ topic

we can pray about anything as long as its in line with God's word.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Afam4eva(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

we can pray about anything as long as its in line with God's word.
Right. But we should also endeavor to generalize our prayer most times. I've noticed that what Nigerians pray mostly about are for property and against evil forces.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by inspirenet: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2012
kilokeys: Spirituality in naija baffles me.. Everything is a prayer point.. Shld it be? I feel we r vain and materialistic down here.. how is d mode of prayer like in d western world? Is it laden with the D-I-Y things.? we bind d rain, pray against d sun. Report phcn to God. Fold our arms and fast about issues of terrorism. Who is with my school of thought?

Good one. Prayer's personal responsibility. You can pray anything as long as it is in line with God's words. But we tend to be lazy and pray things to happen. We fail to prepare for exams & pray for excellent results.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by alluson(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2012
i dont believe you should be asking that question, even those that doesnt believe in God existence now pray to God to deliver Nigeria from the evil doers
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by zangiff(m): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2012
Prayer is good
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Eltonluigi(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2012
I'm the type to say a prayer, then go get what I just prayed for.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by go4value(m): 10:58am On Jul 03, 2012
@op....prayer is d master key,especialy wen its done inline wt d word of God,wud always yield results.Am a living testamony
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by jude33084(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2012

Should we eat everyday? No offence just asking grin

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by purplekayc(m): 11:02am On Jul 03, 2012
Typical naijas : spiritual and hypocritical

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:02am On Jul 03, 2012
No

Some things,Some situations need actions and not prayer.

Vivid Example Nigeria Situation Need action and not prayer

If you think its prayer we need then

We have the right to challenge God why he abandoned our prayers because Nigerians pray a lot.

both muslim and christian
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by mkmyers45(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2012
A man in action does more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer.....Prayer is a medium that i believe its use is sacred and not meant to apply to everything.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by damilola15: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2012
I wonder why a country that prays, like Nigeria, is the way it is.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Eltonluigi(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2012
Prayer is just an over-hyped WISH, time to open your eyes and realise there is no Sky-daddy up there listening. You better wake up, get out, and get something. Why kneel down and pray when the whole world is running??
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Tunjman(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2012
If God were to to have an e-mail, our prayers would have no other place to go than the spam box'cos, we don't match our religiosity with Godliness.

***we are just religious and not Godly***

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by azubaby(f): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2012
I believe in Prayer n Praise to the one n only true God, The I am that I am.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by inene: 11:30am On Jul 03, 2012
The Bible says 'pray without ceasing' so believers can pray about everything. It is however important that we understand whay prayer is- it is a two way conversation withe the almighty so if i choose to ask God if i should step out of the house, it should not be anybody's problem. There are people who depend solely on the holy spirit and by extention God for everything including where to eat and what to eat. Prayer depends on the individual and its a personal thing. Some of the people making noise inside an enclosure called a church or mosque may not be praying

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Lakayana: 11:37am On Jul 03, 2012
Yes we should pray for everything for when Jesus came he taught us the lords prayer and if you follow it line by line it comprises of every aspect of our lives.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Lakayana: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2012
Yes we should pray for everything for when Jesus came he taught us the lord's prayer and if you follow it line by line you will see that it comprises of every aspect of our lives.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
Pray without work is dead,most people pray,then relax that God will do it without putting effort..WHAT A MAN CAN DO,GOD WILL NEVER DO IT.shikena!
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by ebamma(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
work and pray,the bible says,if u only pray without working to realise your goals,then your prayer will be of no effect.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by redsun(m): 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
Prayer is for the deluded and the helpless.The concept of praying is not even as rational as mentally deranged person/s speaking to psychiatrist/s about their problems.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
Having faith shouldnt be confused with stupidity,i know of a family that one of the daughter has tuberculosis,instead of the girl taken to the hospital,they were busy praying,the girl end up dead..that is stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
Things change when people pretend God doesnt exist and resolve to do 100% of what needs to be done to succeed.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Stkingsley(m): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
I believe in the power of prayer. I tell u an instance, once we were in a choir rehearsal and our keyboard was misbehaving, so our choir master asked us to pray, laying hand on the keyboard, whether by sheer providence or something, the keyboard started working and our rehearsal was successful.... i noticed while working to repair a lady's laptop that there were a lot of oil inside it, so i asked her why so many oils, she told me the laptop was misbehaving so after praying for d laptop, she ANOINTED IT, and that's why there were a lot of oil in it. But instead of healing it, it brought the laptop to my shop. HOWEVER, am not disputing the power of prayer, because it is used to unravel mysteries, heal wounds, mend broken hearts n promises and enjoy goodness.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Stkingsley: I believe in the power of prayer. I tell u an instance, once we were in a choir rehearsal and our keyboard was misbehaving, so our choir master asked us to pray, laying hand on the keyboard, whether by sheer providence or something, the keyboard started working and our rehearsal was successful.... i noticed while working to repair a lady's laptop that there were a lot of oil inside it, so i asked her why so many oils, she told me the laptop was misbehaving so after praying for d laptop, she ANOINTED IT, and that's why there were a lot of oil in it. But instead of healing it, it brought the laptop to my shop. HOWEVER, am not disputing the power of prayer, because it is used to unravel mysteries, heal wounds, mend broken hearts n promises and enjoy goodness.
the girl's case,and laptop is sheer stupidity...

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by mkmyers45(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Things change when people pretend God doesnt exist and resolve to do 100% of what needs to be done to succeed.

WORD!
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by creationxt(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
We should pray about everything. God gave us breathe and without Jesus we can do nothing. Prayer is telling God how we have been faring since He lent us life by His grace. It makes God happy when we tell Him everything, the frequent communication strengthens our relationship with God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shiloh 2016 - 2017 Prophetic Declaration And Activity Line Up / The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians / Christian Topics For Teenagers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.