Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Most Improved Epl Player This Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Most Improved Epl Player This Season (8601 Views)

Nominees For EPL Player And Manager Of The Month Awards / The Most Handsome Epl Player ? / Who Is The Most Improved Player In The Epl This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2010
Who is your most improved player(s) this season

Here are my nominees

Shay Given- (Man city) Arguably the best goal keeper in the world

Craig Bellamy-(Man City) I'm almost tempted to vote him as the most improved player, he has been nothing short of outstanding

Alex Song-(Arsenal) he has grown and developed into one of EPL's best dmf

Abou Diaby-(Arsenal) Enuff said

Ivanovic-(chelsea) Bosingwa's absence has hardly been felt thanks to the wonder kid cool

Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa) statistics speaks volume, 10 Epl goals and 2 asst in 25 games so far this season, impressive, for a supposedly dud player
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by tayoast(m): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

Here are my nominees

Craig Bellamy-(Man City) I'm almost tempted to vote him as the most improved player, he has been nothing short of outstanding

Ivanovic-(chelsea) Bosingwa's absence has hardly been felt thanks to the wonder kid cool

Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa) statistics speaks volume, 10 Epl goals and 2 asst in 25 games so far this season, impressive, for a supposedly dud player

my pick.

sm might wanna say he doesn't play Champs league futbol. but wu's come close 2 ds guy?? V. Valdes??
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by tboy1(m): 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
Rooney - Compared to last season, he's on Fire
Fabregas - Best MF in the whole EPI
Defeo - Check his stats
N'Zogbia - Best player for Wigan this season
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by tayoast(m): 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
tboy1:

Rooney - Compared to last season, he's on Fire
Fabregas - Best MF in the whole EPI
Defeo - Check his stats
N'Zogbia - Best player for Wigan this season

hahaha ds is laughable.

u'r jokin, aiight??
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
tayo_ast:

my pick.

sm might wanna say he doesn't play Champs league futbol. but wu's come close 2 ds guy?? V. Valdes??

Yer, I think it's a close call between given and Bellamy, both players have been central to Man city's push for the fourth place finish
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
Its a shame Given had to move to Man City before many people recognized his talent. How on earth can he be considered to be the most improved player in the league? Shocking!!

@topic
Alex Song, definitely.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

Here are my nominees

This list is rubbish without Richard Dunne.
He makes Terry, Vermaelen and Carragher look like shyte and for £5 million? What a buy he's been for Martin O'Neill.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

This list is rubbish without Richard Dunne.
He makes Terry, Vermaelen and Carragher look like shyte and for £5 million? What a buy he's been for Martin O'Neill.

Richard has always been underrated, he has been quality right from his man city days
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
tayo_ast:

my pick.

Sorry to bust your bubble but both Buffon & Casilas are still better wink
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 10:56pm On Feb 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Its a shame Given had to move to Man City before many people recognized his talent. How on earth can he be considered to be the most improved player in the league? Shocking!!

@topic
Alex Song, definitely.

Shay went from being decent (was in the same ranks as the likes of Jaaskelainen ,Friedel), to being arguably the best keeper in the world

I can see where tayo ast is coming from
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

Shay went from being decent (was in the same ranks as the likes of Jaaskelainen ,Friedel), to being arguably the best keeper in the world

if that improvement is not significant enough to merit his inclusion in that list, then I don't know what is

I wouldn't go that far with Given.
He doesn't come out of his line to deal with aerial threats and that is a HUGE weakness.
Given is a bloody excellent shot stopper but i think Inter's goalie Julio Cesar is the best in the world.

jalether:

Richard has always been underrated, he has been quality right from his man city days

Nah, he was rubbish @ Citeh but his combo with Cuellar/Collins for Aston Villa has been nothing short of breathtaking.
He is the best defender in the EPL by a country mile this season.

@ Topic,

Antonio Valencia has also improved massively.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

He doesn't come out of his line to deal with aerial threats and that is a HUGE weakness.
Given is a bloody excellent shot stopper but i think Inter's goalie Julio Cesar is the best in the world.

Based on this season's performance, Given has single handedly won games for man city, his current contribution to city is similar to

Casillas's contribution to madrid over the years, let's give credit to whom it's due
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

Based on this season's performance, Given has single handedly won games for man city, his current contribution to city is similar to
Casillas's contribution to madrid over the years, let's give credit to whom it's due

Of course. . . . . .
Their defence/midfield is shyte so anything decent in goal will shine through extraordinarily.
Given has been top drawer though, he pulled off some fantastic saves in the Manchester Derby.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

How could I forget him? undecided
He was the best GoalKeeper in Serie A last season and it is a toss up between him & Gigi this season. Basically overall he has been the best GK in Serie A over the last 2-3 years.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

How could I forget him? undecided
He was the best GoalKeeper in Serie A last season and it is a toss up between him & Gigi this season. Basically overall he has been the best GK in Serie A over the last 2-3 years.

I watch Serie A round-up on ESPN and the kinda skills Cesar displays week in week out is just amazing.
Should VDS refuse to extend his contract this summer, SAF should break the bank and get Cesar. . . .or Buffon.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Nah, he was rubbish @ Citeh but his combo with Cuellar/Collins for Aston Villa has been nothing short of breathtaking.
He is the best defender in the EPL by a country mile this season.

I agree with you on that one, tot I was the only one that made the share that opinion

~Sauron~:

@ Topic,

Antonio Valencia has also improved massively.

Nucca phuleaseeeeeeee, He was a better player at Wigan
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Ibime(m): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2010
Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Florent Malouda

Richard Dunne always had it but lost it last season. Still, his performance this season is better than any season he ever played for Citeh.

Song was good from last season.

Diaby has never been rubbish, but he has also improved.

Gareth Bale showed a lot of improvement.

But of them all, FABREGAS is the most improved.

Whilst he has always been good, he never had the statistics to back him up. This season however, he has added goals and assists aplenty to his locker.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2010
Buffon and casillas have had a below par/ordinary season by their standards, you guys should watch out for the Mexican wonder kid

"Guillermo Ochoa" he is the next Oliver Kahn cool cool
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

Nucca phuleaseeeeeeee, He was a better player at Wigan

Then i take it you don't watch Man Utd games.

Valencia scored 7 goals throughout his 3-year career @ Wigan.
He's scored 7 at Man Utd in less than 6 months and he is up there with 5 assists.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by tayoast(m): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

Sorry to bust your bubble but both Buffon & Casilas are still better wink

its lyk u've not been seeing games this season.

Julio Cesar is d only keeper that can match Given's form, 4 now.

But d topic says EPL
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by MrCrackles(m): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ibime:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Florent Malouda

Richard Dunne always had it but lost it last season. Still, his performance this season is better than any season he ever played for Citeh.

Song was good from last season.

Diaby has never been rubbish, but he has also improved.

Gareth Bale showed a lot of improvement.

But of them all, FABREGAS is the most improved.

Whilst he has always been good, he never had the statistics to back him up. This season however, he has added goals and assists aplenty to his locker.
Gareth Bale shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are you insane
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 11:21pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

I watch Serie A round-up on ESPN and the kinda skills Cesar displays week in week out is just amazing.
Should VDS refuse to extend his contract this summer, SAF should break the bank and get Cesar. . . .or Buffon.
The reason he is underrated is cuz we don't really expect too much of brazilian GK
I think Brazil's back three is possibly the strongest of all national teams.
Ceasar, Juan(top 4 defender in serie a) & Lucio
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:22pm On Feb 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

The reason he is underrated is cuz we don't really expect too much of brazilian GK

You left out Maicon shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:22pm On Feb 12, 2010
chic2pimp:

If everyone is fit, England have the best back four in the world.
They have had it for the past 5 years but you can never ever have all of em fit at the same time.
It's a CURSE.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Ibime(m): 11:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

How do you watch that program with their pop-style presentation and use of on-ground player cam all the time. . . that shite hurts my eyes. . . I've been meaning to complain to ESPN about that program. . . it has to be the worst footie program ever made.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
tayo_ast:

its lyk u've not been seeing games this season.

Julio Cesar is d only keeper that can match Given's form, 4 now.

But d topic says EPL
As a Serie A fan, I don't think you've seen more of Juve this season than moi and trust me when I say Buffon has saved Juve a lotta points this season. Same even more so with Casilas.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ibime:

How do you watch that program with their pop-style presentation and use of on-ground player cam all the time. . . that shite hurts my eyes. . . I've been meaning to complain to ESPN about that program. . . it has to be the worst footie program ever made.

Football is better viewed that way.
Seriously, i think SKY should change the way the cams are situated in England.
Have u watched football matches @ Allianz Arena with the way a drone travels across the pitch like the shyte is 3D?

@ Jalether,

Aaron Lennon is another decent shout!!!
He is now cutting in and scoring from long distances.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Ibime(m): 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Football is better viewed that way.
Seriously, i think SKY should change the way the cams are situated in England.
Have u watched football matches @ Allianz Arena with the way a drone travels across the pitch like the shyte is 3D?

Nah man. . . those focused cameras are rubbish. . . FFS, its not a freestyle show. . . one needs to see the whole picture, appreciate the position of the defenders and goalkeepers and teammates. . . its like playing Pro-Evo on the closest-range cam. . . you never get a sense of where your teammates and opposition defenders are. . .

You talking about matches @ Allianz Arena. . . have you ever seen those nonsense camera angles on Bundesliga Review??
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by AndreUweh(m): 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
EPL
James Milner-A.Villa
Darrent Bent-Sunderland.
Carlos Tevez-Man.city.
Bobby Zamora-Fulham.
Hart-Goalkeeper-Birmingham city.
Fellaini-Everton
Saha-Everton
Michael Mancienne-Wolves (Chelsea).
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by kaypumpin2(m): 11:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
To talk about improved player(s) this season is to talk about players who never had it last season.By this defination names like Song,Dunne,Shay Given,Bellamy et shouldn't even come up.Song started his resurgence last season,Dunne has always been good for Man City(his occasional blunders aside),Given has always been top-notch and Bellamy's case has always been that of injury.

I am lovin Assou Ekoto,Carlton Cole,Joe Hart,Fellini and Etherington this season.

~Sauron~:

Then i take it you don't watch Man Utd games.

Valencia scored 7 goals throughout his 3-year career @ Wigan.
He's scored 7 at Man Utd in less than 6 months and he is up there with 5 assists.

Valencia was a better player at Wigan.If we are to go by logic,do we say Berbatov is now shyte cos he's scored lesser goals in Man U jersey as against what he had in WHL?Plus if you bring even Rory Delap to oldtrafford today,he will be known more for better things that his long throw so Valencia scoring more goals in red devils jersey is no big acheivement.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ibime:

Nah man. . . those focused cameras are rubbish. . . FFS, its not a freestyle show. . . one needs to see the whole picture, appreciate the position of the defenders and goalkeepers and teammates. . . its like playing Pro-Evo on the closest-range cam. . . you never get a sense of where your teammates and opposition defenders are. . .

I like it this way.
Focused cameras are the new world order, abeg.
The position of the defenders, strikers and midfielders can be watched in the REPLAY.

You talking about matches @ Allianz Arena. . . have you ever seen those nonsense camera angles on Bundesliga Review??

Take a look at this:
Watch the way the drone gives quality shots. . . . . . .Things you cannot see in any stadium in England.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlupxXOmN0Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

This how penalty shoot-out should be CAUGHT on camera.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by MrCrackles(m): 11:39pm On Feb 12, 2010
Andre Uweh:

EPL
James Milner-A.Villa
Darrent Bent-Sunderland.
Carlos Tevez-Man.city.
Bobby Zamora-Fulham.
Hart-Goalkeeper-Birmingham city.
Fellaini-Everton
Saha-Everton
Michael Mancienne-Wolves (Chelsea).
And more. . .

Benoit Assou Ekotto

Gary Cahill

Cameron Jerome

Alex Song

Asmir Begovic

Charles Nzogbia

Matthew Etherington

David Ngog

Darren Bent

Nadir Belhadj

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blackburn Vs Arsenal (4 - 3) On Saturday 17th September 2011 / ++chelsea Convinces Young Superstar To Come.++ / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 27th August 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.