Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,206 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Most Improved Epl Player This Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Most Improved Epl Player This Season (8648 Views)

Nominees For EPL Player And Manager Of The Month Awards / The Most Handsome Epl Player ? / Who Is The Most Improved Player In The Epl This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Ibime(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

This how penalty shoot-out should be CAUGHT on camera.

Yeah, penalty shoot-out, but not the whole match!!!

FFS, Serie A round-up looks like one of them youtube compilation videos.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Valencia was a better player at Wigan.If we are to go by logic,do we say Berbatov is now shyte cos he's scored lesser goals in Man U jersey as against what he had in WHL?Plus if you bring even Rory Delap to oldtrafford today,he will be known more for better things that his long throw so Valencia scoring more goals in red devils jersey is no big acheivement.

How can Valencia be a better player @ Wigan?
Don't be deceived by relativity. The fact that he was Wigan's best player is giving you a mirage.
Now that he's surrounded by better players, it appears he is not calling the shots like he normally does at Wigan.

Valencia has improved massively. His runs, his football brain and his positional sense.
He lacked all those @ Wigan where he just pushes the ball to the bye line or unleashes a shot like a twunt.
Valencia looks the real deal these days.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
kay_pumpin:

To talk about improved player(s) this season is to talk about players who never had it last season.By this defination names like Song,Dunne,Shay Given,Bellamy et shouldn't even come up.Song started his resurgence last season,Dunne has always been good for Man City(his occasional blunders aside),Given has always been top-notch and Bellamy's case has always been that of injury.

I disagree with you, It depends on ones interpretation of the title and in what context, in this context, I'm talking about players that have gone

from decent to literally world class

kay_pumpin:

I am lovin Assou Ekoto,Carlton Cole,Joe Hart,Fellini and Etherington this season.
Valencia was a better player at Wigan.If we are to go by logic,do we say Berbatov is now shyte cos he's scored lesser goals in Man U jersey as against what he had in WHL?Plus if you bring even Rory Delap to oldtrafford today,he will be known more for better things that his long throw so Valencia scoring more goals in red devils jersey is no big acheivement.

God bless you on the bolded part
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

I disagree with you, It depends on ones interpretation of the title and in what context, in this context, I'm talking about players that have gone

World Class? grin grin grin grin
There's no player on your list that can boast of a world class status!!
Song? Fellaini? Agbonlahor? Diaby? Take am easy now.

Shay Given is close but he needs to replicate his form for another 2-3 seasons.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

How can Valencia be a better player @ Wigan?
Don't be deceived by relativity. The fact that he was Wigan's best player is giving you a mirage.
Now that he's surrounded by better players, it appears he is not calling the shots like he normally does at Wigan.

Valencia has improved massively. His runs, his football brain and his positional sense.
He lacked all those @ Wigan where he just pushes the ball to the bye line or unleashes a shot like a twunt.
Valencia looks the real deal these days.

If I receive a pound for every time you have complained about Valencia's seemingly never ending deficiencies, I will be richer than

Duke of Westminster by now.

How could he possibly have improved when you once labelled him as the worst United player this season, if you wanna deny it, there is always a proof,

so go ahead
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

You left out Maicon shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nah trust me I did not leave out the best RB in the world grin grin
I said Back 3 not Back 5(I did not include the FB/WB).

~Sauron~:

If everyone is fit, England have the best back four in the world.
They have had it for the past 5 years but you can never ever have all of em fit at the same time.
It's a CURSE.
Yep they do.
If/When Nesta decides to return to the Azzuri, they'll have the best back three.
Buffon in goal,Nesta(cannavaro) & Chiellini.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

World Class? grin grin grin grin
There's no player on your list that can boast of a world class status!!
Song? Fellaini? Agbonlahor? Diaby? Take am easy now.

Shay Given is close but he needs to replicate his form for another 2-3 seasons.

Your eyes don dey see double, where did you see Fellaini in my post grin

what's your definition of a world class player
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

If I receive a pound for every time you have complained about Valencia's seemingly never ending deficiencies, I will be richer than

Duke of Westminster by now.

How could he possibly have improved when you once labelled him as the worst United player this season, if you wanna deny it, there is always a proof,

so go ahead

The standard in Man Utd is quite different to what you have in Wigan or Arsenal.
Rejects like Guiseppe Rossi, Diego Forlan, etc are cult heroes else where but they couldn't get a kick at OT.
Valencia appears the worst because the previous player in that position kinda spoilt OT fans. . . . .Only Messi coulda owned that right flank as if Ronaldo never left. Any other player will always make fans shout FFS every 30 secs. grin
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
Jalether
Given hasnt improved for like 5 years. As a matter of fact, his reflexes arent quite as sharp as they were two seasons ago. Though his shot stopping is still second to none, anybody who knows anything about football knows that is the easiest part of goalkeeping.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by kaypumpin2(m): 11:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

God bless you on the bolded part
World class?i do not know about o.But by improvement i think we should be talking about mere squad players who have become an important and integral part of thier team.Given has always been a great keeper.It's like Harper moving to Arsenal now and making a vast improvement on what Almunia is,of course anyone that hasn't followed is exploit will be quick to term it an improvement when it is just a continuation of what's he has always being.

Aaron Lenon is also there with a shout.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by AndreUweh(m): 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2010
Mr Crackles: Though you have a good list. But Belhaj should be omitted from that list.
He is one of the numerous problems of Pompey. I watched him live last week at the Cottage and his performance was nothing to write home about.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2010
jalether:

Your eyes don dey see double, where did you see Fellaini in my post grin

what's your definition of a world class player

A world class player is a player that will walk into any team in the world without questions.
Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Xavi, Iniesta etc.
Are you sure Song can walk into Stoke FC or Chelsea? Never mind Barca or Inter Milan.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2010
MrCrackles:

And more. . .

Benoit Assou Ekotto

Gary Cahill

Cameron Jerome

Alex Song

Asmir Begovic

Charles Nzogbia

Matthew Etherington

David Ngog

Darren Bent

Nadir Belhadj

Arsenal should snap him up. He is definitely a top 4 calibar player.
I'll have to hand it to JAMES MILNER
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by kaypumpin2(m): 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

A world class player is a player that will walk into any team in the world without questions.
Are you sure Song can walk into Stoke FC or Chelsea? Never mind Barca or Inter Milan.
While you are absolutely correct about the defination of world class,how can you say such of Song undecided You mean Song will not bench Mikel or whoever is their DM in Stoke?

Save for his inability to shoot,i dare say Song is quite close to Essien now in the area of marking and positional awareness.

Oh how can i forget Piennar cool
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by MrCrackles(m): 12:00am On Feb 13, 2010
chic2pimp:

Arsenal should snap him up. He is definitely a top 4 calibar player.
I'll have to hand it to JAMES MILNER

Yep. . . Milner is blistering ATDM
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 12:06am On Feb 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

Your definition is way over the top, if we have to go by your definition of what a AC player is, then players like Lampard, Gerrard, Sneidjer
Anelka are not wcp, because they cannot walk into Barca first 11 undecided, how you don't see anything wrong with that definition defies logic

~Sauron~:

Jokes apart only four players in the world are better than Song in that position- Essien,Lass, Yaya, Mascherano. he is in my book, a world class player
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 12:06am On Feb 13, 2010
kay_pumpin:

While you are absolutely correct about the defination of world class,how can you say such of Song undecided You mean Song will not bench Mikel or whoever is their DM in Stoke?

Song will bench Mikel Obi?
Not in a million years. Mikel is 1000 times better than Alex Song.
Are we talking about the same Song Fletcher sodomises every time they face each other?
Song ko, Music ni.

Save for his inability to shoot,i dare say Song is quite close to Essien now in the area of marking and positional awareness.
Oh how can i forget Piennar cool

Song close to Essien?
U know what? Song is better than Sammer!!!
Arsenal fans and their exaggerations. Alex Song of all people?
Flamini shytes on him 5000000000000000000000 times.

jalether:

Your definition is way over the top, if we have to go by your definition of what a AC player is, then players like Lampard, Gerrard, Sneidjer
Anelka are not wcp, bescause they cannot walk into Barca first 11 undecided, how you don't see anything wrong with that definition defies logic

How is Gerrard or Lampard world class?
Are you okay?

Jokes apart only four players in the world are better than Song in that position- Essien,Lass, Yaya, Mascherano. he is in my book, a world class player

Fletcher shytes on SONG!!!
Palacios shytes on SONG!!!
Lori Cana shytes on SONG!!!

I have not even mentioned Fellaini, Kompany, Hargreaves and Parker.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 12:20am On Feb 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

How is Gerrard or Lampard world class?
Are you okay?
Ofcourse they are both World Class Players.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2010
chic2pimp:

You dey mind sauron
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 12:24am On Feb 13, 2010
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
English flops. . . . . .Hargreaves shytes on those two by a country kilometre. grin grin grin
Gerrard? Over-rated.
Lampard? Average.

The tekkers of players like Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, Modric make Gerrard and Lampard look like Zombies.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 12:27am On Feb 13, 2010
According to Sauron, there are only 11 world class players(the lads that walk into any team), and a washed up Kaka is among them cheesy
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 12:29am On Feb 13, 2010
ritchboy:

According to Sauron, there are only 11 world class players(the lads that walk into any team), and a washed up Kaka is among them cheesy

How did I miss the kaka part of his statement,kaka shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,  Sauron has officially lost it cheesy grin

I dare say Ronaldinho has played better footie than kaka this season, if I attempt to mention players better than Kaka ATM
Seun will be forced to ban me for spamming and messing up the bandwidth cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 12:29am On Feb 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
English flops. . . . . .Hargreaves shytes on those two by a country kilometre. grin grin grin

I wouldn't call Lamps an england flop. He was england's second best player behind Rooney during Euro 2004.
Hagreaves might have performed better for england than the two of them but that does not mean they ain't worldclass.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 12:30am On Feb 13, 2010
ritchboy:

Kaka to Barcelona? Henry will get benched.
Kaka to Man Utd? Berbatov will be sold.
Kaka in Madrid? Raul has been forgotten.
Kaka in Arsenal? RVP, Eduardo and Arshavin will be sold to Africa.

Which club in this planet will Kaka be a peripheral player?
Name one club on the planet Kaka will look outta place?
He is a world class player whichever way you view him.

chic2pimp:

I wouldn't call Lamps an england flop. He was england's second best player behind Rooney during Euro 2004.
Hagreaves might have performed better for england than the two of them but that does not mean they ain't worldclass.

Get some perspective. . . . .
Lampard and Gerrard are national deception.
When it mattered most in the WC in 2006, they were both found wanting.

England lost to Portugal because Gerrard/Lampard are classic flops.
Watch how the 2 bastards broke the hearts of 60 million English fans.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BenoLrf01s0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

Lampard can be excused but Gerrard? He is a twunt!!!
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by A40(m): 12:32am On Feb 13, 2010
Richard Dunne mehn that dude used to move like a freight-liner while at City

Joe Hart: If there was a category called saves per game he would be undisputed leader

Mrcrackles wetin David Ngog dey do for your list
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 12:49am On Feb 13, 2010
Sauron
using ur daft logic, there is only one world class player in each position(or two depending on the position) since a world class player must be able to walk into any team. That means one of or both A.Cole/Evra, Maicon/Alves, Buffon/Casillas etc arent world class. . . I laugh in 2012.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by MrCrackles(m): 12:51am On Feb 13, 2010
A-40:

Mrcrackles wetin David Ngog dey do for your list
Give that dude some credit. . . . He has been a better player this season
He got more playing time this year compared to last year and hasnt been bad
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 12:58am On Feb 13, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
using your daft logic, there is only one world class player in each position(or two depending on the position) since a world class player must be able to walk into any team. That means one of or both A.Cole/Evra, Maicon/Alves, Buffon/Casillas etc arent world class. . . I laugh in 2012.

U are incredibly moronic to have thunk Alves is a world class RB. . . .
Ashley Cole/Evra is splitting hairs(it depends on what the manager prefers cos they are neck and neck).
Same as Buffon/Casillas. . . .

But to put Gerrard/Lampard in the same category as Xavi/Iniesta/Pirlo when even a blind man knows the latter are streets ahead of the English flops makes you sound like a buffoon and i ain't trying to diss you. grin
I am 100% sure Fabregas is better than Gerrard and Cesc is a non-starter for Spain.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 1:16am On Feb 13, 2010
Sauron
i never said anything about Gerrard or Lampard and u are rambling like a parrot being anally violated by a well-endowed hippo.
If u agree Cole/Evra and Buffon/Casillas are "neck n neck", then u agree ur logic of "being able to walk into any team" is a classic example of a middle-aged megalomaniac thinking out loud, correct? cheesy
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by A40(m): 1:32am On Feb 13, 2010
Brashy a Scouser would declare Sharia on u for that statement! He is only playing cos Torres is injured! truth be told he is one of the worst strikers in the Prem
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by MrCrackles(m): 1:37am On Feb 13, 2010
A-40:

Brashy a Scouser would declare Sharia on u for that statement! He is only playing cos Torres is injured! truth be told he is one of the worst strikers in the Prem
Most scousers dont see beyond Torres, Carragher and Gerrard. . . .
Ngog has been alrite this season, he's got more playing time, compared to last season when he was severely restricted. . .
He has grown some confidence and as a result, has been able to show some nice touches, score some crucial goals and play some decent team footy. . .
Go watch all of his clips this season and compare it with last season. . .
I am not saying he's top notch in the prem, but he has defo improved. . .and he's still a youngster u know!!!
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Ibime(m): 2:16am On Feb 13, 2010
@ Sauron, I know you are talking about Pirlo of 3 years ago, not the current Pirlo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Official: Nairaland's Gaynners Tomfoolery (all Quoatations)! / John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / Everton Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 23rd December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.