Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,330 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Most Improved Epl Player This Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Most Improved Epl Player This Season (8651 Views)

Nominees For EPL Player And Manager Of The Month Awards / The Most Handsome Epl Player ? / Who Is The Most Improved Player In The Epl This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Maicon and Alves are not world class RBs. . . . .
U can hit your head against the wall several times.
Dani Alves? Bacary Sagna is a better RB than Alves. Dani who?
Maicon? The same Maicon Rooney sodomised last season @ OT after JS Park bludgeoned him in San Siro?

Buffon was the world class goalie. Toldo was just a decent goalie(no where near world class)
As at 2004(when he was 33), he only capped 28 times for Italy so shut your gob and make use of your braincells.
The only time Toldo started games for Italy in his prime was Euro 2004(when Buffon broke his hand 8 days before the tournament).

Bitchboy, stop disgracing your community on the internet.
In the next edition of websters dictionary, your picture would be printed beside the word "DOUCHEBAG"
With the amount of seminal fluids floating in your cranium, rational thinking is impossible with you.

shocked shocked shocked After reading the bolded statement, Ritchie, you would be jobless to continue this debate with someone that thinks Alves and Maicon are not WC
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2010
jalether:

shocked shocked shocked After reading the bolded statement, Ritchie, you would be jobless to continue this debate with someone that thinks Alves and Maicon are not WC

Bitchboy is a jobless fellow and you are a loafer.

I will slap any mouth that says Alves and Maicon are world class defenders.
What else? Chimbonda is a world class defender?
The way you clowns use the word "world class" only shows you have no taste and no class. Very soon, Mikel Obi will be a world class midfielder.

Alves is useless beyond useless. . . . .He's just lucky to be playing for a good side.
There are no genuine defenders in La Liga. Bacary Sagna shytes, pukes, defecates on Alves and Maicon.
FFS, Jose Bosingwa is a better RB than Alves n Maicon. Javier Zanetti at 36 is a better defender than Alves n Maicon.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2010
Sauron thinks Maicon isnt world class, and Sagna is better than him. . . At this point, i am better off making arrangements for your admission into a mental home than debating with you. EOD
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron thinks Maicon isnt world class, and Sagna is better than him. . . At this point, i am better off making arrangements for your admission into a mental home than debating with you. EOD

So it took you 5 hrs to come up with this crap after i exposed your folly that Toldo wasn't even Italy's first choice goalie in his prime?
You are useless beyond useless. . . . . .Are you sure you don't think Taiye Taiwo is a world class player too? grin grin

Do you even know the meaning of the word "WORLDCLASS"?
A World Class player is a player that is the BEST at what he does.
World Class = World Beater = Exceptional.

So tell us what makes Maicon a world beater or exceptional, you stark illiterate!!!
You and Jalether think any fool lucky to be playing for a big team is a world class player. . . . .I shudder at your taste and class. grin
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by ritchboy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2010
Sauron
ur imminent failure to point out where i said Toldo was Italy's number one is damning evidence you are a WORLD CLASS mo.ron and should never be debated with.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
your imminent failure to point out where i said Toldo was Italy's number one is damning evidence you are a WORLD CLASS mo.ron and should never be debated with.

You said Toldo/Buffon were world class goalies at one point.
I was quick to correct you that Toldo was never a world class goalie cos it took him 33 years to cop 28 caps for Italy.
Buffon is 32 and he's already copped 100 caps for Italy.  There's a reason Buffon was preferred to Toldo and that is because Buffon is WORLDCLASS and Toldo is just a decent goalie.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Tatase(f): 7:44pm On Feb 14, 2010
@ topic

It's a little difficult to say because some people (e.g. the loathsome Craig Bellamy) were quite good last season and in previous seasons but didn't shine because they were playing with crap players, so you can't really say they've improved so much as the quality around them has improved.

But the ones that readily come to mind (in no particular order):

- James Milner (from last season to this season)
- Nani (from the beginning of the season to now, he's like a completely different player)
- Louis Saha (even for just getting his injury issues more under control he deserves a nod, but also overall much better this season than last)
- Richard Dunne (an example of someone who was just ok at one club, but is excellent at another, yeah exchanging Lescott for him, has turned out to be excellent for Man City. . . Not! )
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2010
@ SAURON

Are you saying Maicon ain't worldclass?
Not only is he worldclass but he is also the world's best RB.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2010
chic2pimp:

@ SAURON

Are you saying Maicon ain't worldclass?
Not only is he worldclass but he is also the world's best RB.

He is not!!!
JS Park rape[i]d[/i] him consistently last season.
At OT, Rooney mauled him.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by allboyz(m): 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2010
no doubt - song and Fab4

best still. . .there are 20 clubs in da EPL. . .bring out the "improved player' from each and lets compare their work rate. . . . Rooney scores goals but we all know him for that anyways b4 now. . . FAB4's defending and shots have improved greatly alas Song Alex!
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

He is not!!!
JS Park despoil[i]d[/i] him consistently last season.
Ofcourse he is
Name me three better RB? undecided
Ofcourse every player is entitled to a bad game or two. BTW, Park just had a solid game against him. Nothing special
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

He is not!!!
JS Park despoil[i]d[/i] him consistently last season.

Lennon consistently rap£d Evra, Zidane disgaced ronaldo delima, Ronaldinho literally sent Ashley cole to the operating room.

Those are just few examples of world class players getting undressed, so wtf is your point sauron undecided
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2010
God bless you, this is the problem with most beer parlor football analyst, I remember vividly when Fifa honored Zidane with the WPOTY award in 2003/4

season when in actual fact Henry was by FAR the best player in the world at the time, as a matter of fact Zidane (with all due respect) didn't do jack poo in

that season but ofcourse fifa gave the award to him strictly based on his reputation and favoritism, and that is what I'm sensing from some people on here

FAUX. Ronaldinho won in 2003/2004. while Zidane won in 2002/2003.

If you feel Henry deserved it, then tell us why u think so, what he did and how he played that season

Zidane disgaced ronaldo delima

Was this on PS3?
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2010
dayokanu:

If you feel Henry deserved it, then tell us why u think so, what he did and how he played that season

Was this on PS3?
Was about to ask the same question
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Whyy

Good gracious lawd, I made a mistake abt the year 2002/03 and so freaking what, tell me what Zidane did that year to meirt him the award

and get back to me

dayokanu:

Was this on PS3?
chic2pimp:

Was about to ask the same question

Let me refresh your memories to 2006 WC Q finals Brazil VS France
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2010
OK Ronaldo was the defender or defensive midfielder? I am so confused right now.

Did they organize a tournament on Play station we didnt know of?
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2010
jalether:

Let me refresh your memories to 2006 WC Q finals Brazil VS France
How is that despoiling?
He simply got to the ball first and flicked it over his head.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2010
dayokanu:

OK Ronaldo was the defender or defensive midfielder? I am so confused right now.

Did they organize a tournament on Play station we didnt know of?

Go and watch Brazil vs france (germany 2006) and stop asking silly questions

Tell us what Zidane did in 2002/03, we are still waiting
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2010
chic2pimp:

Ofcourse he is
Name me three better RB? undecided
Ofcourse every player is entitled to a bad game or two. BTW, Park just had a solid game against him. Nothing special

Sergio Ramos
Jose Bosingwa
Bacary Sagna.

Bosingwa/Sagna deal with super-fast wingers week in week out unlike the snail-moving wingers in La Liga.
I wanna see Nani vs Maicon or Ashley Young/Maicon duel. Na then you go know say Maicon is shyte.
See how Malouda tore Dani Alves a new butthole @ SB last season. . . . .Alves was nowhere to be found.

jalether:

Lennon consistently rap£d Evra, Zidane disgaced ronaldo delima, Ronaldinho literally sent Ashley cole to the operating room.

When did Lennon r[i]a[/i]pe Evra?
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by dayokanu(m): 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2010
A Midfielder dribbled a striker and you think this is disgrace? So if a keeper dribble an on rushing striker too thats disgrace? or if a defender misses a one on one with a keeper Thats disgrace?

Bosingwa/Sagna deal with super-fast wingers week in week out unlike the snail-moving wingers in La Liga.
I wanna see Nani vs Maicon or Ashley Young/Maicon duel. Na then you go know say Maicon is shyte.
See how Malouda tore Dani Alves a new butthole @ SB last season. . . . .Alves was nowhere to be found.

The speedstars are the easiest to tame. Like marking Pius Ikedia who cant do a step over .

Who is easier to mark, Tijani Babangida or Luis Figo, One has pace one doesnt
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Sergio Ramos
Jose Bosingwa
Bacary Sagna.

The bolded players are not better than Maicon, Ramos certainly hasn't been consistent this season and his disciplinary record is simply ridiculous

Sagna can not lace Maicon's boot
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by jalether(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2010
dayokanu:

A Midfielder dribbled a striker and you think this is disgrace? So if a keeper dribble an on rushing striker too thats disgrace? or if a defender misses a one on one with a keeper Thats disgrace?

The speedstars are the easiest to tame.  Like marking Pius Ikedia who cant do a step over .

Speedstars with no footballing brain and talent are the easiest to tame, FIXED
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2010
dayokanu:

The speedstars are the easiest to tame. Like marking Pius Ikedia who cant do a step over .

Just like Lahm tamed Nani?

I can guarantee you Figo will be easier to mark.
Defenders hate attackers who have pace and a bit of skill.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Sergio Ramos
Jose Bosingwa
Bacary Sagna.

Ramos is farrrrrrrrrr too inconsistent to be even considered.
Jose is definitely not better than Maicon
Sagna ko Lasgna ni. Absolutely no chance

~Sauron~:

Bosingwa/Sagna deal with super-fast wingers week in week out unlike the snail-moving wingers in La Liga

Yeah rite undecided. Superfast wingers with no skill set.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2010
chic2pimp:

Ramos is farrrrrrrrrr too inconsistent to be even considered.
Jose is definitely not better than Maicon
Sagna ko Lasgna ni. Absolutely no chance

So Maicon is consistent because he happens to be playing for the most dominant team in Serie A?
Why do you clowns argue this way with no bit of perspective?

Yeah rite undecided. Superfast wingers with no skill set.

Na you talk am o.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

I can guarantee you Figo will be easier to mark.
Defenders hate attackers who have pace and a bit of skill.
Hehehehehe grin grin grin Figo would be easier to mark cheesy cheesy
All the defender has to do is make Babaginda run himself into oblivion.

~Sauron~:

So Maicon is consistent because he happens to be playing for the most dominant team in Serie A?
Why do you clowns argue this way with no bit of perspective?
Arrant Poppycocks!!!

Maicon is consistent cuz he is a great RB not because he plays for the most dominant team.
Why not say Xavi is consistent cuz he plays for the most dominant team in spain?

~Sauron~:

Na you talk am o.
Yes ooo grin
What most of em' do is run.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Sauron1: 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2010
chic2pimp:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin Figo would be easier to mark cheesy cheesy
All the defender has to do is make Babaginda run himself into oblivion.

Easier said than done!!!
U saw how Nani made a meal of Phillip Lahm, didn't you?

Maicon is consistent cuz he is a great RB not because he plays for the most dominant team.

Maicon isn't great.
Watch how Malouda/Ashley Cole will disgrace him this week.

Why not say Xavi is consistent cuz he plays for the most dominant team in spain?

Xavi has been great before Pep Guardiola and he is still great.
Maicon is an average defender. Nothing great about him.
If you push me further, Rafael da Silva is even at par with Maicon.

Yes ooo grin
What most of em' do is run.

Ronaldo scored 42 goals doing exactly just that.
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chic2pimp(m): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Easier said than done!!!
U saw how Nani made a meal of Phillip Lahm, didn't you?
Does Tijani have the same skill set as Nani? undecided
And yes nani(skill & speed) would be easier to mark than Figo(skill & football brain)
~Sauron~:

Maicon isn't great.
Watch how Malouda/Ashley Cole will disgrace him this week.
Cole ain't playing this week cheesy
The only way I see this happening is if he gets double teamed.

~Sauron~:

Ronaldo scored 42 goals doing exactly just that.
Nah Ronaldo had both speed and skill(WPOTY rewards skillful attacking players)
Lennon would not win the WPOTY award even if he scores 45goals.

~Sauron~:

Xavi has been great before Pep Guardiola and he is still great.
Maicon is an average defender. Nothing great about him.
If you push me further, Rafael da Silva is even at par with Maicon.
Maicon has always been good but people only took notice of his ability when he moved to a bigger club. If evra was still playing in France, he'll be nowhere as highly rated as he is.
If you say Rafael is @ par with Maicon, then i'll say Samba is @ par with Vidic  grin grin
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by chuqudy(m): 10:21am On Feb 15, 2010
Rashidi Yekini
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by illusion2: 10:32am On Feb 15, 2010
The homepage caption is misleading - 'Who is the most Equipped EPL player. .  .make una take time o !

Do you know what being 'well equipped' means ? angry

Please change it to "Who's the most technically gifted EPL player". . . . . . not equipped I beg !  cheesy
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 15, 2010
Rafael Anceloti
Sir Alex Wenger
Alexander Drogba
Cesc Ivanovic
Re: The Most Improved Epl Player This Season by SamMilla1(m): 10:52am On Feb 15, 2010
WAYNE ROONEY.

suddenly turned to super power.
carrying man u on his shoulders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / Everton Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 23rd December 2017 / Manchester United Vs West Bromwich (0 - 0) On 1st April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.