Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (12070 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by 12large: 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2010
the list dosen't even make sence because in africa alone lagos is among the top ten best cities, so how can it be the top 5 worst. the people just want to useless lagos name as usual  lagos is not even top 5 worst city in nigeria
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by jerk: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2010
If u hv d resources just take a trip around some countries and see for urself.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by saemoenl(f): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
Why can't we just accept the real truth once, Can we compare Canada and Lagos in any given things, Why should we ague on something that is real to each of everyone of us,Lagos is a recognise city in the world while Abuja is just a capital state. Lets improve and see what will happen next time the result will be out. their justification is not base on population, is base on the amount of dirty in the streets. (Unorganised City)
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by jonsn: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2010
Whoever did this obviously has something against Lag, cos take it or leave it, there are a lot of Mega cities in the world. Maybe they meant the 5th worst in Africa
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by tunde1200(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
i dont know that some pple still remain local to the extent of rating lagos with new york city. you all want be surprise about this rating. see hospital roads schools power housing in lagos everything is upside down. and live in lagos is tedious than any places. embarassed shocked
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by usbcable(m): 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
THE Economic Intelligence Unit that did the survey used data from Mercer consulting Group. And Mercer's Quality of Living Survey(Mercer consulting group) does the comparism based on 39 criterias the most important of which are are safety, education, hygiene, health care, culture, environment, recreation, political-economic stability and public transportation.
And truth be told we(LAGOS) are not amongst the best on the above criteria.however i salute gov. fashola because most of his policies and projects are geared towards getting those factors available in lagos state.

and the reason for him doing these is also stated by mercer consulting group,''The importance of the list lies primarily in that internationally operating companies use it to determine where they will open offices or plants and how much they pay the employees''.

so thats BRF's vision for lagos state.

by the way going throug the list abuja did not feature amongst the top 100 as well .
and that shows that we have a lot of work to do in nigeria.but i believe uncle fash and working towards it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_quality_of_living#Top_cities_by_region
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by usbcable(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Beaf: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Abeg so siddon ,na now you wan dey patriotic ! Villageman i no blame you, lagos resemble heaven for your eye.Oh boy go get visa make you visit other countries see as human beings suppose to live.Upon all fashola dey do ,lagos still be ghetto.Imagine common Zimbabwe fine pass am!

[size=14pt]See donkey comparing a whole country to Lagos now. Kai!!!! Enemies![/size]shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chuqudy(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2010
Lagos needs to be a country of her own. I can remember certain time Obasanjo said no mentaly fit person can live in Lagos. Well, they deserve the 3 hearty cheers Heap! heap! heap! Indeed a lot of heaps of rubbish.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by kt1t: 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2010
Lagos baby!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by dtwsola(m): 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2010
sulad82i:

As bad as Lagos is, its a city looked upon by lots of people from other countries.
Truth be told, Lagos is a mini New York City. Pple who have been to NY can confirm this

What the hell are you talking about? I live in NYC. The only way NYC and Lagos compare is in terms of population. Both cities are way overcrowded. Other than that, there are no comparisons.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by dtwsola(m): 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2010
chidyke77:

u must be sick in d brain by trying to make ths look like a tribal war here; is onitsha a major city?

Thank you! People don't seem to realize that this is a ranking of major cities. Lagos is not necessarily the 5th worst city on the list. There are probably small cities the world over that are worse than Lagos. But for a major city, Lagos is near the bottom end. And another thing is that big cities tend to be less "livable" because large population means more pollution, higher competition for resources, more crime etc.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SirMo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2010
It doesn't matter, Jo'burg is not a capital either
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Chubiko: 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2010
If world cup venue still follow dey bad, then our own beta. Eko we hail dee. jus de show de go.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Fhemmmy: 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2010
I thought Ibadan, and some other nigerian cities would be the other 4, but i was wrong.
kudos to Lagos for making the list at all
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]See donkey comparing a whole country to Lagos now. Kai!!!! Enemies![/size]shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Abi o enemies of progress with cockroach brain cant just think straight at all
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Parnassuss(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
I don't think the survey was unfair, but the present Guv dey try so i don't thinkj i'll go along criticizing. I mean, what good can that ever accomplish in dis our own Naija. Eko oni baje o, I'm a real strong dude and a young Pherow.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Onlytruth(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
No surprises here. Anytime I pass through Lagos (I have never spent more than 2 nights in Lagos these days!), I often wonder how come a city can be so bad and yet you hear people bragging about it. I get embarrassed anytime I see an international figure visit Lagos instead of other parts of Nigeria. Personally, I would never invite a foreign friend to Lagos. I would always prefer eastern towns - Calabar or Enugu. If I'm in the mood, I might invite them to Abuja, but never Lagos!  undecided
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by oyoman(m): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2010
Don't mind the report as they don't always see anything good in Nigeria
Lagos 4 real
Eko ooo ni baje
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by MsTom(f): 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2010
dtw_sola:

What the hell are you talking about? I live in NYC. The only way NYC and Lagos compare is in terms of population. Both cities are way overcrowded. Other than that, there are no comparisons.

so true!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by 0hsisi: 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2010
From the squalor to the power outage to the hungry looking inhabitants to the suffer suffer, to the overcrowding, to the crime,how Lagos no go top the list
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by EzeUche(m): 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
Yup, as soon as I fly into Lagos, I cannot wait to get back to the East.

However, I do enjoy staying in Abuja when I have a chance to get up there.

Now I do enjoy visiting family members living in Victoria Island.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Oba234: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2010
are you guys surprise? Anway, I don't see the big deal. They are not telling us anything we didn't already knew. Lagos is full of slums. All this people yearning dust about Lagos probably live in Lagos and this list is not going to keep them from living there and visiting.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by tanimz(f): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2010
WOW!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2010
better these jobless journalists bash lagos than Fashola.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sprumbaba: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by adeoflagos: 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
Its surprising that no one is asking how or what criteria they used in arriving at the conclusion of which city is worst or best. Who generated the data they used, and how many other cities did they used in their comparison. Accept this, Lagos is not the 5th worst city in the world. That one I am sure of for certain.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by latepa(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

No surprises here. Anytime I pass through Lagos (I have never spent more than 2 nights in Lagos these days!), I often wonder how come a city can be so bad and yet you hear people bragging about it. I get embarrassed anytime I see an international figure visit Lagos instead of other parts of Nigeria. Personally, I would never invite a foreign friend to Lagos. I would always prefer eastern towns - Calabar or Enugu. If I'm in the mood, I might invite them to Abuja, but never Lagos!  undecided

That's your F**** Business dude, they can rate lagos number one worst city but we all know it's a nice place and the only problem is the dirty people in it.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ibabalol: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2010
five words to describe lagos
1.  SCARY
2.  OVERPOPULATED
3.  OVERATED , by lagosians
4. SENSELESS
5. EXCITING !!!!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
Sprumbaba:

I was in Lagos last year, I could not find any development, so filthy and crowded. I was now thinking where was the transformation people were talking about Lagos(A beg, we need to go out and see how other countries look like).

[size=16pt]

LIAR!!!!!!!
[/size]

I was in this same lagos last year and I saw the development[b] you[/b] say you didnt see angry

pata on fire
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
ibabalol:

five words to describe lagos
1. SCARY
2. OVERPOPULATED
3. OVERATED , by lagosians
4. SENSELESS
5. EXCITING !!!!

ara oko wo ilu
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sprumbaba: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo APC Governorship Primary: How Obaseki, Odubu, Airhiavere, Others Stand / Olusegun Mimiko Emerges ZLP Presidential Candidate / Kebbi To Join Oil-producing States, Bagudu Pledges During Swearing-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.