Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (12068 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Tuyis: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2010
afam4eva:

I guess you're the trusted one, pls stop displaying your ignorance in public.

Thank you, I have nothing more to add to that.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by manny4life(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
afam4eva:

I guess you're the trusted one, pls stop displaying your ignorance in public.

Look yo if you gat nothing to say, please just drop it ok. Rather than people take the time to read and look through validated trusted site, they won't. I'm sure you have done research, at least I was thought that in undergrad, how do you check perhaps validate to see if a site is trusted since I'm gladly displaying my ignorance?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by manny4life(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2010
Tuyis:

Thank you, I have nothing more to add to that.

With all pleasure.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Dungren(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2010
I don't know why Nigerians bother their heads when some foreigner say something about Nigeria or any part of the country. These guys don't even give a damn what you think about theirs, whether Good or Bad.

We don't need an outsider to tell us the situation of our country. We know what the problems are. If you don't like it, then do something to change it. If you can't, then leave it and stop complaining.

For Lagos to be the only city in Nigeria to be mentioned and compared with other advanced cities of the world, then Lagos is in the right direction.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by rasputinn(m): 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2010
Dungren:

I don't know why Nigerians bother their heads when some foreigner say something about Nigeria or any part of the country. These guys don't even give a damn what you think about theirs, whether Good or Bad.

We don't need an outsider to tell us the situation of our country. We know what the problems are. If you don't like it, then do something to change it. If you can't, then leave it and stop complaining.

For Lagos to be the only city in Nigeria to be mentioned and compared with other advanced cities of the world, then Lagos is in the right direction.

Very well said bruv,when will these i.diots stop writing reports from the comfort of their bedrooms about places they've NEVER visited in their lives
The so-called report is not worth the paper it was written on,WHAT A WASTE OF INK AND PAPER

Eko o ni baje ooo
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by akigbemaru: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
How much does Lagos impact other cities?
Lagos Generated 1.3 billion dollars at the end of 2008 and gave back 800 million dollars back to government to empower other cities.

Let’s have Social Security Card,
Let’s all the foreigners from other African countries get their Visas before coming to Nigeria
Let’s the honorable government officials stop siphoning our money to foreign land.
Let’s federal government give Lagos its absolute power to execute its projects.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by manny4life(m): 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
WOW shocked shocked shocked $1.3billion, hmmmmmmm in dollars? few questions, is this supposedly the revenues or the income which?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chamotex(m): 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2010
At least its not the worst
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chelseabmw(m): 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2010
Have all these peole visited lagos? how did they know lagos is the worst city
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by member479760: 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2010
@akigbemaru

The $1.3 B generated so small when compare to the population of Lagos and the business activities going on there. We need to ask the admin where is the remaining money.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Wrex(m): 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
`@Ted Bundy
This guy is sick and brainless.I am sure you came out with pass degree.That is even if you went to a university.slowpoke.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Mhismole(f): 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2010
urm, i dont think we need any survey to tell us that. Eko o ni baje!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by blackcypha(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2010
The best cities in the world are centuries/hundreds of years old with billions of dollars to work with in terms of annual budget. Also, most of them are not burdened with 18 million people

IT shud be said that population is NO EXCUSE TO BE RATED POORLY OR TO BE A SLUM.Why?Becos NEW YORK ,NY HAS OVER 22MILLION PPLE, AND TOKYO HAS ABOUT 3O MILLION PPLE  yet these 2 cities r by far cleaner than Lagos.How come u dont see ameriacans DUMPING THEIR REFUSE ONTHE STREETS OR Tokyo residents THROWING WASTE OR DIRT IN THE DRAINAGES with their over population?
THey dont have OPEN DRAINAGES OR SEWAGES LIKE IN MOST PARTS OF LAGOS.They defnitely aint got POTHOLES on their roads and they dont have refuse disposal problems,
lets be realistic OUR DIRTY CULTURE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EYESORE THAT WE SEE, not our population! grin
Besides lagos is not 18million pple, dats exaggeration, the real figure lies betwee 12-15mill which can still be managed well if we r disciplined.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by phantom(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2010
Kai,lagos, lol.Truth is if i grew up in the bush,i would defend it to death, But it does not change the fact that it is a bush,
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Folupumpin: 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
the past rulers wrecked lagos to an almost irrepairable state. Fashola won't kill himself now. lets just hope in about 20 years we would have moved up about ten steps higher cos this village boys are really spoiling this lagos. eko o ni baje o. o baje ti
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by tolly4real(f): 11:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
Shiooooooo, who is rating who, Eko for showww. I luv u die. Let them say
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by blackcypha(m): 12:09am On Feb 14, 2010
babapupa:

The best cities in the world are centuries/hundreds of years old with billions of dollars to work with in terms of annual budget. Also, most of them are not burdened with 18 million people

IT shud be said that population is NO EXCUSE TO BE RATED POORLY OR TO BE A SLUM.Why?Becos NEW YORK ,NY HAS OVER 22MILLION PPLE, AND TOKYO HAS over 3O MILLION PPLE  yet these 2 cities r by far cleaner than Lagos.How come u dont see ameriacans DUMPING THEIR REFUSE ONTHE STREETS OR Tokyo residents THROWING WASTE OR DIRT IN THE DRAINAGES with their over population?
THey dont have OPEN DRAINAGES OR SEWAGES LIKE IN MOST PARTS OF LAGOS.They defnitely aint got POTHOLES on their roads and they dont have refuse disposal problems,
lets be realistic OUR DIRTY CULTURE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EYESORE THAT WE SEE, not our population!
Besides lagos is not 18million pple, dats exaggeration, the real figure lies betwee 12-15mill which can still be managed well if we r disciplined.

rasputinn:

Very well said bruv,when will these i.diots stop writing reports from the comfort of their bedrooms about places they've NEVER visited in their lives
The so-called report is not worth the paper it was written on,WHAT A WASTE OF INK AND PAPER

Eko o ni baje ooo
and please when will NIGERIANS LEARN TO STOP YAKKING GIBBERISH ON THREADS LIKE UNEXPOSED ADULTS?
Let us wake up it is the 21 CENTURY,we have THE INTERNET AND SATELLITE TV,WITH GEOGRAPHICAL SATELLITES OF USA AND JAPAN IN SPACE, YOU DONT NEED TO
GO TO SUDAN TO KNOW DAT IT IS A FAMINE PRONE COUNTRY!VIDEOS FROM THE INTERNET AND SATELLITE TV SAYS IT ALL, LIKE WISE NO FOREIGNER NEEDS TO VISIT NAIJA TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING , NOTHING IS HIDDEN IN THE MODERN WORLD.Notice that no US city made the top ten even when it is clear dat cities like PITTSBURGH in the US  are among the cleanest and safest in the world!Isnt dat surprising?
Yet we nigerians know alot has to be done and we can only hope dat tins will improve.instead of  denying the facts in the name of BLIND PATRIOTISM, lets us
face reality and take our destiny in our own hands,chase out these miscreants in power who have made a mess of Lagos (as a result of neglect)and nigeria as a whole  and vote credible leaders dat will take us to the promised land.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by saksonA: 12:39am On Feb 14, 2010
If Lagos is the 5th worst city in the world,what would u say about Onitsha, the -203 worst city in the world.

i am speechless
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by hbrednic: 1:19am On Feb 14, 2010
nonsense fucking bloody wrong research,with no oita of truth,good only for the trash can.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Princek12(m): 1:51am On Feb 14, 2010
You guys are letting an Oyinbo man's ratings disturb our peace. Anyone can say whatever they desire. What we as Africans need to do is to start our own rating system, where we will rate Oyinbo cities low, just like they rate our own cities low. To achieve this, we should create a different standard by which the cities will be judged, such as favorable weather, happiness, body weight, and the like.

If Lagos is the 5th worst city in the world, what did they rate Port-au-prince, Haiti?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Mhismole(f): 1:55am On Feb 14, 2010
Princek12:

You guys are letting an Oyinbo man's ratings disturb our peace. Anyone can say whatever they desire. What we as Africans need to do is to start our own rating system, where we will rate Oyinbo cities low, just like they rate our own cities low. To achieve this, we should create a different standard by which the cities will be judged, such as favorable weather, happiness, body weight, and the like.

If Lagos is the 5th worst city in the world, what did they rate Port-au-prince, Haiti?

best comment iv read so far.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Princek12(m): 2:00am On Feb 14, 2010
Mhismole:

best comment iv read so far.

Which city in Yankee do you live?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by manny4life(m): 2:16am On Feb 14, 2010
Princek12:

I love this

Most obsessed populated country? This is the kind of rating that the west needs to grade itself in
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Mhismole(f): 2:44am On Feb 14, 2010
Princek12:

Which city in Yankee do you live?

a city not half as interesting as lagos. il be surprised if uv even hrd of it. Tennessee.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by EzeUche(m): 3:06am On Feb 14, 2010
Mhismole:

a city not half as interesting as lagos. il be surprised if uv even hrd of it. Tennessee.

You live in a state full of rednecks and country akatas. lol grin

God be with you!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Princek12(m): 4:01am On Feb 14, 2010
Mhismole:

I know Tennessee, now. I am familiar with the USA very well. I go back and forth from Lag to the USA, but I am currently in the USA. Which city/town in Tennessee?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by emmydee(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2010
we'r still working on it. be patient wit us pls. God dey!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by adconline(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2010
Lagos is not Nigeria's capital, while the other cities mentioned are country capitals. So, I hail Lagos for getting a mention (or was it done by population? In which case I keep quiet).

Up Lagos!

I don't know why folks cannot rise above destructive patriotism and ignorance. New York and Jo-burg are not capitals.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by tunde300us(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2010
I think its unbelievable dat some ppl can come here and call lagos a slum,if lagos dont meet ur standard of a standard city abeg make u carry ur hate comot here and lets hear word jare.
Eko oni baje oh !
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by cicotaf: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2010
Just visit www./forever998 to improve your health
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by doctor126(m): 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2010
what give them gut to rate Lagos dat way. All l know is dat EKO oni baje o. So Lagosian no cause 4 alarm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike In Charge Of Patience Jonathan’s Mom's Burial / I Knew The Election Wasn’t Going To Hold & Wasn't Surprised - Sowore / Kebbi To Join Oil-producing States, Bagudu Pledges During Swearing-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.