Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (25260 Views)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
@martinosi

This whole issue started from your 1st post here, its misleading, u change your mind post after post, look at the title of this thread and give info based on it. I appreciate the links u are providing, but that was not this issue from the beginning.You may see loads of jobs advertised on papers or website but try and apply for 100 of them and see how many u will get. Having paper to work but no job is not the same as looking for job without paper.

Don't tell me anything abt working hard here cos i have done it and still doing it, there is hope but pls lets be honest with pple. Coming here with visiting visa and over stay with the hope of getting a job is a joke, security job is no more for illegal immigrants cos u need SIA licence now to work in security, u have to do the exams, get your criminal record from Nigeria b4 applying for the licence with your passport/driving licence plus the criminal record from CID in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
lol here in America this happens ALL of the time. The US gov is so corrupt you have some cash and "some how" you'll end up staying lol.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by busybody20: 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Martinosi

I'm really surprised that you've not dropped your contact details here. You sound like a 'travel agent' that is out to mislead people so that they can part with their hard earned money. Everything you've been talking about here are simply bollocks! I've no intention of getting into the debate as Funkybaby, justwise, debosky, bluediva and a host of others have appropriately addressed your misinformation.

It is funny to think that most of the information you claim to have are in the public domain. Some of the misinformation are so ridiculous and funny that the post should be in the jokes section.

Here are the links to the information:

Teaching
http://www.tda.gov.uk/recruit/thetrainingprocess/typesofcourse/ottp.aspx

Army
http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/howdoijoin/pages/default.aspx
http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/toughquestions/Pages/CanIjoinifImaCommonwealthcitizenbuthaveneverlivedintheUK.aspx

Shortage Occupation list
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/workingintheuk/shortageoccupationlist.pdf

The question is can you do this jobs in the UK if you're in UK on a visit visa? NO
Can you teach in the UK if you have a B.Sc, MSc or PhD without a teaching qualification? No
Can you switch your visa category in-country to the one that will allow you to do this jobs if you came originally on a visit visa? No
Is their a bright future in the UK if you come on a visit visa and you intend to overstay and work? No
Are there visa categories that you can apply under from Nigeria that will allow you to do any work you like in the UK? Yes

So Martinosi, please stop misleading people on this forum!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Kaqulator(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2010
I think the posters friend should have had enough info to help in his plight,I suggest he should rather find ways and brand himself.whatever he does as long as he is consistent,will pay him better eventually than what he can achieve as an overstayer in the uk.simple logic is like leaving ur rights as a prince to living as slave.the world is more advanced gone are the days.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2010
@davidmon

You poor thing, crime doesn't pay, get up your lazy bakside and get a decent job and stop having a mightmare over this. This is mission imposible
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2010
@david NSK shit is fake, Look for good bussiness and get involve in, you can buy gold in egypt where you are and start selling stop all this cheap fraud NSK ko PDp nee
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 10:16am On Feb 28, 2010
Thank you all for your contributions on this thread,I have sent the link to my friend and it seem to work as he is changing his mind on selling his properties,Though he still believes in [b]Martinosi[/b]and said there should be a way for him,the Goodnews is he will not overstay anymore even if he plans to change his status
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2010
noniwealth:

Thank you all for your contributions on this thread,I have sent the link to my friend and it seem to work as he is changing his mind on selling his properties,Though he still believes in [b]Martinosi[/b]and said there should be a way for him,the Goodnews is he will not overstay anymore even if he plans to change his status

I think as a friend u have done alot to help him, its now up to him to make his choice and live with it. Sometimes pple prefered learning from experience. Friends like u are rare.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 28, 2010
Abeg, does d same rules outlined above apply to overstayers in schengen countries (norway, denmark, poland, finland, germany, iceland. . .)? Wat bout Australia, Canada? Just want 2 knw more.
Lol!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Dogworld: 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2010
Guy it depends on how you see it,if you pronounce it overstay then its overstay,but when your spirit tells you you have greener pastures somewhere,why not listen to your mind go get it,It depends on luck "Head"you can be there and work online 24hrs,you can be sure of swift wireless broadband with just 5pounds a month 2.) Security guaranteed Queen cant ever be missing. 3.) nice weather to make you look fresh like some black american 4.) Cheaper fodd and clothing rates,chicken n chips 1.99p while Nando for 9ja na hmm, em em . make i no compare jo
Hawes and Curtis T.M Lewin Charles Wright f**kn cheaper than what you get here and the quality again is better,2ce as nice hmmmm. grin Cars are cheaper, you have opportunity to mingle with the world no limitation to only people that cant hep but to drain the lil you have.
Men i advice you think well if you can be sure to secure your source of income nutin do you,you will not regret it like those that did but give testimony like those that did. Remember its "Head"No lite No fuel No President No Job No Food No Road 9jeria go better Andrew no check out oh. Andrew say meen thank God say i check out o levels don change big time.lol the heat in town now is sometin else and no lite 9ja is hell believe it or not,if you have money you live in stress no money wahala why not stay where you have peace of mind Andrew
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2010
Dogworld:

[b]Guy it depends on how you see it,if you pronounce it overstay then its overstay,but when your spirit tells you you have greener pastures somewhere,why not listen to your mind go get it,It depends on luck "Head"you can be there and work online 24hrs,you can be sure of swift wireless broadband with just 5pounds a month 2.) Security guaranteed Queen cant ever be missing. 3.) nice weather to make you look fresh like some black american 4.) Cheaper fodd and clothing rates,chicken n chips 1.99p while Nando for 9ja na hmm, em em . make i no compare jo
Hawes and Curtis T.M Lewin Charles Wright f**kn cheaper than what you get here and the quality again is better,2ce as nice hmmmm. grin Cars are cheaper, you have opportunity to mingle with the world no limitation to only people that cant hep but to drain the lil you have.
Men i advice you think well if you can be sure to secure your source of income nutin do you,you will not regret it like those that did but give testimony like those that did. Remember its "Head"No lite No fuel No President No Job No Food No Road 9jeria go better Andrew no check out oh. Andrew say meen thank God say i check out o levels don change big time.lol the heat in town now is sometin else and no lite 9ja is hell believe it or not,if you have money you live in stress no money wahala why not stay where you have peace of mind Andrew
[/b]
Rubbish!!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 01, 2010
Dogworld:

Guy it depends on how you see it,if you pronounce it overstay then its overstay,but when your spirit tells you you have greener pastures somewhere,why not listen to your mind go get it,It depends on luck "Head"you can be there and work online 24hrs,you can be sure of swift wireless broadband with just 5pounds a month 2.) Security guaranteed Queen cant ever be missing. 3.) nice weather to make you look fresh like some black american 4.) Cheaper fodd and clothing rates,chicken n chips 1.99p while Nando for 9ja na hmm, em em . make i no compare jo
Men i advice you think well if you can be sure to secure your source of income nutin do you,you will not regret it like those that did but give testimony like those that did. Remember its "Head"No lite No fuel No President No Job
No Food No Road 9jeria go better Andrew no check out oh. Andrew say meen thank God say i check out o levels don change big time.lol the heat in town now is sometin else and no lite 9ja is hell believe it or not,if you have money you live in stress no money wahala why not stay where you have peace of mind Andrew
i barely understood what he meant, looks like trash to me shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by denzel2009: 7:13am On Mar 01, 2010
Dogworld:

Is this a joke?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by sleemgal(f): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2010
its an absurd concept
wot kinda job wud u end of doin
blue collared job
odd jobs
labourer
is dat gona b better dan wot u were in naij
cuiz u r earnin pounds and [ayin eveythings as tax

nigerians shud wake up to d reality of life
uk is awesome wen u ve got ur money
however if u go ther to make greener pastures
without even ownin a uk degree
u r on ur own
even pple dat ve schooled there ve not finished gettin proper jobs and r livin a mediocre life
u from adams ovestay and illegal immigrant hope for d best
xcept u wana b a fradster which d law wud surely catch up on u
do things d proper way so u can get Gods favour

dnt b decieved
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by AniAnne(f): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
Pls Beg him in the name of God not to overstay by a second let alone more, cos he might find it difficult to ever get a visa to UK. He shd come back and renew it, simple.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Dogworld: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2010
hehe Whoever your friend is should really think twice oh im a breeder too,i have Neopolitan mastiff ,rotts and 3 boer bulls,
with all the money you can make from this,you cannot build a house in Ajjah or lekki ,if grace of God dont smile on you even ikorodu sef na wahala
What im saying is those advising you not to stay are people that either work in chevron exxonmobil or Etisalat,and looking at their future in Ikoyi
If you must live with the wealthy ones,u must sacrifice,try sacrifice ur car dogs and even sell ur flat im sure if you were planning to write story of living in ikorodu,ur mentality will change when you start making pounds and will start writting story of living with the wealthy ones in Ajah and u would ve had your own british P and not have to queue for visas no more
Abeg opportunity comes but once,dont misuse ur chance oh if you cant get a visa again then you will realise what i mean and regret wat u ve lost
a word is enuff for the wise if i have a one day visa outa 9ja even if na europe i wont come back o and u have a UK and contemplating.hmmm u re on ur own o
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Dogworld: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2010
Ani Anne:

Pls Beg him in the name of God not to overstay by a second let alone more, cos he might find it difficult to ever get a visa to UK. He shd come back and renew it, simple.
According to the poster she said her friend has been there once b4 last yr and he went thru hell b4 he could renew even when he stayed a month of his 6months visa
The truth is, his coming back does not guarantee his visa renewal and why would he even want to waste hard earned money on trips to uk for nothing,if he goes to china and import his computer wares is even surer he cant work nor do business so why go and come back
please help him think straight stay put and write london story till it gets a headway or not is better than wasted time n money
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by pictures: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2010
hello everyone,i have a friend who was given family vist 5years multiple visa,he
is helping his sister to take care of her daughter and son,he has stayed for 5months
and the sister wants him to stay longer because she is working,will he be overstaying if he stays
longer than six months?though i advice the sister to
write the appropriate authority.any advice.thank you all
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 10:34am On Dec 20, 2010
pictures:

hello everyone,i have a friend who was given family vist 5years multiple visa,he
is helping his sister to take care of her daughter and son,he has stayed for 5months
and the sister wants him to stay longer because she is working,will he be overstaying if he stays
longer than six months?though i advice the sister to
write the appropriate authority.any advice.thank you all

I don't think the person is allowed to stay more than 6months in one visit even with 5yrs visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/extendingyourstay/
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by saintkola(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
@OP
how far with your "friend", did he overstay or is he back in naija?...
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Uyigue12(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Pls I wish to use the same visit visa to enter uk and hussle pls what are my chances of survival
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Adapapaokoye: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Check your mail

Uyigue12:
Pls I wish to use the same visit visa to enter uk and hussle pls what are my chances of survival
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Hazardd(m): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2021
Uyigue12:
so bro, what's ur conclusion... Is it Worth it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Asks Cambodian Immigration To Send Him Home, Says He Has No Money / Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway / IELTS: English Proficiency Test Cost As Against The French Proficiency Test Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.