Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (25281 Views)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
Ashi robin:

the immigrations will not deport him without being sure where he is from

Gosh !
Who is this dude?

He will not be deported but can spend the next 3years or more sef in immigration detention camp (just another name for jail. . . kirikiri) . Nobody will tell him before he produces his naija passport and agrees to take the next flight home (that is if the immigration peeps have not ransacked his apartment in search of his passport)
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
justwise:

Stop talking rubbish, immigration/police will find out from his finger print, even on the street, if his name did not appear on Homeoffice database then he entered the country illegally and will be detained. How will they help him with visiting visa? Working with cloned paper? He can't open bank a/c, if he works the money will be paid into somebody's else a/c and only God knows IF he wil see the money again.

Stop giving pple wrong advice, pple like u will NEVER tell the trust. I hope nobody follows your advice.

The guy is a foo.l undecided

All they need is know is the individual's name and Date of birth and your address. Shikena.

Fingerprint na loonggggg thing.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
funkybaby:

Gosh !
Who is this dude?

He will not be deported but can spend the next 3years or more sef in immigration detention camp (just another name for jail. . . kirikiri) . Nobody will tell him before he produces his naija passport and agrees to take the next flight home (that is if the immigration peeps have not ransacked his apartment in search of his passport)

Off course his apartment will be searched completely, every little documents checked, he maybe  allowed to go and asked to be reporting while they sort some paper from Nigeria embassy for his deportation, he can refuse to report back but how long can he keep doing hide and seek?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by MsTom(f): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
It is a bad idea. It was easier b4 but now, due to the height of the terrorist threats on US/Uk, they usually do extensive profiling at the customs. If you are caught overstaying, you would be deported. If in us, you would be banned from re-entry for the next 10yrs. and Believe me, they know where you are. They might just take their time to get to you. Why not get a student visa instead. That way, you get to apply for their work permit. That is a smarter move than applying for visiting for 6months which you are not allowed to work with and moreso, you cant change that visa to any other visa expect you go back home to get the new kind of visa. We all know that at home, you can be denied. Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. He had a visiting visa and wanted to change to student visa. He had to travel back home to get it. At home, he was refused visa. He went several times but was refused. Luckily, he got a good job in nigeria. I wish your friend the best.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by sholzuk: 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
The bottom line is that without a British passport or work permit,Its going to be hard to get a decent job.

99% of menial jobs are being carried out by illegal immigrants as they cannot seek better jobs.

Your friend is advised to think twice about this move
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Dokki: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
Forget the UK, it is too saturated.
Your friend is going from frying pan to fire if he makes this move.
My advice is if he wants to leave NGR is to go to other countries with bigger populations and more lenient immigration rules - there are plenty.
Where there is a will there is a way, you just need to be informed,

D
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2010
I don't know what Nairaland is turning into these days.  Look I'm not supporting the breaching of immigration rules and laws in Europe or any other country. However, why do Nigerians like washing their dirty linen in public. You will never find sensitive threads like these on Indian or Brazilian forums. Sincerely, do you know the number of Asian overstayers in Europe? They are even more than Nigerians but they know how to sort themselves out without letting the world know what they are up to sad sad sad  Everyone in life has a manifest destiny and no matter what situation one finds him or herself in, the will of God will be done. However, what pisses me off is the way we show off our unclothedness to the world. Haba, we don't even assist ourselves in foreign lands like the Asians do. That is why they're progressing at a faster rate than Nigerians. Is it not the bible that says we would see kings walking on foot and slaves riding on horses? Is it not happening in Britain where some people without papers are living like kings [ not doing fraud or crime ] while those with documents are still doing 9-5? Go and ask those Asian shopkeepers and Pizza shop owners their history in Europe and you'll be shocked with what you'll discover.

The bangladeshi people are opening solid restaurants and making cool bucks while helping their own people [ Papers or no papers ] while we love coming on Nairaland to tell the world what we are up to. Call me what you want to call me, but I've told the bitter truth. You won't find this kind of thread on Asian forums.  Is it not the same Nigeria where 1000 people have been sacked by a bank? I'm not supporting overstaying but the poo happens sometimes. The little dog might have misbehaved but it deserves a chance to sort things out. Let the dog gnaw!!!
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
i have an uncle , who travelled to uk sometimes 2003 with a look alike passport, and but i dont know how he does is own peharbs Luck now he goes all about the eu last dec he came to nigeria and went back around january last week i called him he number was not going i asked of where he was when ii saw him online he said is in Maryland U.s.a for a conference is an I.T expert and he is doing 100% good in the Uk , i know of 3-4 people like that i have heard of there stories but on my own Uncle am 99% sure of how he left nigeria , but this game is Luck, i strongly Advice Hussulers to find there aa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed up there because head are not the same, this is my view let your friend follow is hearth not follow mouth , if he believe in is self it is better than millions of nigerians believe in him i so much love this word and i let it rings in my brain, great risk involve good achievement , but remember prayer is tha Key,

what would Jesus do?? , when he was in Jerusalem helping people he did not ask for papers  , remember we only live once and we all want a better life , americans or uk or any eu country would do the samething if they were illegal !!!!!!!! Quote me 1million times with 1 week visa you can have your way anywhere if god is your helper
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Dokki: 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Redman44
And how do know that this is not being discussed on other open forums?
Can you read Hindi, Bangla, Polish, Romanian or Chinese to see what kind of dirty linen is being washed.

I would like to assume that the gent that asked the question had no other viable source to turn to for this info hence the question to the forum.
Perphaps you can suggest on better ways of him going about it and we can all learn something and cover our unclothedness.

smiley

D
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

I don't know what Nairaland is turning into these days. Look I'm not supporting the breaching of immigration rules and laws in Europe or any other country. However, why do Nigerians like washing their dirty linen in public. You will never find sensitive threads like these on Indian or Brazilian forums. Sincerely, do you know the number of Asian overstayers in Europe? They are even more than Nigerians but they know how to sort themselves out without letting the world know what they are up to sad sad sad Everyone in life has a manifest destiny and no matter what situation one finds him or herself in, the will of God will be done. However, what pisses me off is the way we show off our unclothedness to the world. Haba, we don't even assist ourselves in foreign lands like the Asians do. That is why they're progressing at a faster rate than Nigerians. Is it not the bible that says we would see kings walking on foot and slaves riding on horses? Is it not happening in Britain where some people without papers are living like kings [ not doing fraud or crime ] while those with documents are still doing 9-5? Go and ask those Asian shopkeepers and Pizza shop owners their history in Europe and you'll be shocked with what you'll discover.The bangladeshi people are opening solid restaurants and making cool bucks while helping their own people [ Papers or no papers ] while we love coming on Nairaland to tell the world what we are up to. Call me what you want to call me, but I've told the bitter truth. You won't find this kind of thread on Asian forums. Is it not the same Nigeria where 1000 people have been sacked by a bank? I'm not supporting overstaying but the poo happens sometimes. The little dog might have misbehaved but it deserves a chance to sort things out. Let the dog gnaw!!!
Please can u explain to me how somebody without paper will earn aliving here and live like a king?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
bandiejay:

i have an uncle , who travelled to uk sometimes 2003 with a look alike passport, and but i dont know how he does is own peharbs Luck now he goes all about the eu last dec he came to nigeria and went back around january last week i called him he number was not going i asked of where he was when ii saw him online he said is in Maryland U.s.a for a conference is an I.T expert and he is doing 100% good in the Uk , i know of 3-4 people like that i have heard of there stories but on my own Uncle am 99% sure of how he left nigeria , but this game is Luck, i strongly Advice Hussulers to find there aa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed up there because head are not the same, this is my view let your friend follow is hearth not follow mouth , if he believe in is self it is better than millions of nigerians believe in him i so much love this word and i let it rings in my brain, great risk involve good achievement , but remember prayer is tha Key, what would Jesus do?? , when he was in Jerusalem helping people he did not ask for papers  , remember we only live once and we all want a better life , americans or uk or any eu country would do the samething if they were illegal !!!!!!!! Quote me 1million times with 1 week visa you can have your way anywhere if god is your helper

It shocks me how pple use the name of God to justisfy issue like this. So God is now a magician?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by proudly9ja(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2010
I think what redman is trying to say is that, while not supporting breaking the law, Nigerians should try to help each other more. I kinda agree to an extent. The main reason why I think we Nigerians have issues in the UK is because we don't help each other and I am talking about those who are here legally. We always 'keep things to ourselves'.

The Asian friends I have met here share info with each other. You will see them working together and helping each other up. Thats why they do well. We Nigerians are fond of thinking only of ourselves. Its sad. I know of an Asian friend who came here illegally. Now he has one way or another 'legalised' his stay to the extent of even receiving money from the government. I got to know when I overheard him telling another asian who had just arrived how to do the same thing.

@ poster,
while I won't advice that you put all your eggs in one 'UK' basket, I will advice that since you have money from your car sale and dog sale, you should rather come here as a student (post grad). When you finish your one year course, you will apply for a 2 yr post study work visa. At least you know you are here legally for 3 years and in those three years, you will have decided whther you want to go back to Nigeria or remain here.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
proudly9ja:

I think what redman is trying to say is that, while not supporting breaking the law, Nigerians should try to help each other more. I kinda agree to an extent. The main reason why I think we Nigerians have issues in the UK is because we don't help each other and I am talking about those who are here legally. We always 'keep things to ourselves'. The Asian friends I have met here share info with each other. You will see them working together and helping each other up. Thats why they do well. We Nigerians are fond of thinking only of ourselves. Its sad. I know of an Asian friend who came here illegally. Now he has one way or another 'legalised' his stay to the extent of even receiving money from the government. I got to know when I overheard him telling another asian who had just arrived how to do the same thing.
@ poster,
while I won't advice that you put all your eggs in one 'UK' basket, I will advice that since you have money from your car sale and dog sale, you should rather come here as a student (post grad). When you finish your one year course, you will apply for a 2 yr post study work visa. At least you know you are here legally for 3 years and in those three years, you will have decided whther you want to go back to Nigeria or remain here.
That is the only part that i agree with u.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by pappilo(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2010
@bandieJ

There is very high chance that your uncle married an EU citizen. You do not need to be in the UK legally to marry an EU citizen. In the UK, under European law (right to family life or something like that) regardless of your current status once you are married to an EU citizen and make an application, you will be given the right to stay in the UK for 5 years and after that indefinite leave to remain.

The funny thing about this law is that it doesnt apply to marriage to citizens of the country where the application to remain is made e.g If you are an illegal in the UK and you get married to a british citizen, you cannot apply for leave to remain in the UK based on EU law. There was case which went to the Europ ean courts where a Nigerian man who was living in the Uk illegally got married to a british citizen but went to Ireland and put in an application to remain after his wife satisfied the requirement that you must have lived in the country for 6 moths. The Irish government refused but the Irish government decision was overturned by the Europeans courts.

This must be what one poster earlier called a loophole. I beg to differ. It is not a loophole. It is the Law.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
Go to the UK and return before six months,
Re-apply on a future date and you may even get your 2years straight.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2010
BlueDiva:

Go to the UK and return before six months,
Re-apply on a future date and you may even get your 2years straight.
grin grin grin  you are right if base on what you have in your Oven if full with bread but if full with crumps, opps!
cool my reply to this for hussuler is go to uk and return before six months when your cooperative money has not been paid back and see if your people would welcome you ,  am not personal just saying my own base on my own stories , you only get valued for just 2 weeks in 9ja  regardless of closeness from anybody ,  VISA no easy, to collect oo all this come back and re-apply got genui paperz so the dont know the difficulties let any one who have an experiece come out and shear is view
angry

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by styles2009: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2010
Its true,some kings are walking on foot and slaves riding on horses.
Nigerians think much about material things and thats why many dont have stay in Europe.
An example, many Nairalanders would not know that as at Sept 2009 the Italian government approved a law for about 350,000 unregistered worker in Italy (Illegal immigrant working as care give and assistant) to be given the right to be legal and all they have to do is make someone sign a work contract for then for a maximum of 40hrs per week and a payment of 500 euros as fee for the givers.

Why am i saying this, there are lots of Nigerians in my city with all the requirements to help those,who are not legal but they intend tell you to provide huge sum like 5000 euros up wards or your hear a fkucing comment * I wan help my brother for naija come*  embarassed

Anyway, i myself know a way of dealing with such people, whenever there so called brother or relatives comes, i refuse to give any assitance of work cos then they remember that, you can be of help to their brother, lol.

All i want to say is that , sometimes our pride destroy us as a people,why not help others here but prefer to laugh them cos of tempoary situation of life.

@Poster, overstay is a problem  here in Italy, there is a law that would get you arrested immediately after much immgration of people enroute Libya, Before its was a thing of you getting a Job and behave yourself.

I know of people getting arrested as at 3 year back without any criminal record and after 15hrs maximum,they let you go to present yourself later but people dont respect it cos they also know you wont show up, but if you do, my guy they would buy you a ticket to Lag, i mean MM Lagos
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
@justwise

Siddon there and keep asking how someone without papers will survive in the UK sad sad So you think everyone in UK is working with their NI? I don't like ignorant people and I'm not ready to go into long debates with you because you'll be floored. Do you know how many markets there are in UK? I'm talking about the open markets. Go and talk to those selling stuff there. You'll understand what I'm saying. Go to Tilbury Port in Essex and see the loads of money being made there. Investigate the immigrant status of the Blacks and Asians controlling the place, if you can. I have a Bangledeshi friend who runs a restaurant in East London. I did some media work for him in the past. He gave me a ride one day and told me his story. How he entered Holland without papers, how he got his papers and how he moved to England in 2005. This guy was practically doing business in Amsterdam without papers before getting his stay there. He was running the show while the white Dutch guys were bringing business to him. Now he's in Britain legally and he has a cool restaurant he's running. Three other Indian-Bangladeshi guys are working for him. I know his assistants might not all have papers but they help themselves. They are all nice to me because I give the guy tips on how to boost sales at the place. Guys, the illuminati run the show. The taxes are there to be collected from all these businesses with faceless owners. Houses and rooms need to be rented by immigrants [ and most of the landlords don't really care about status. They want their money ]. The economy benefits more in the end. The people in power are controlled by the guys behind the curtain. I hope you get my drift. Cheers.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ funky baby

which US is he better of coming?i am sure he will be better off overstaying his UK visa than getting a visitors visa outta the US embassy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ poster's friend don't try it,ull be worse off. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Kelvinj(m): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2010
But what about in d US can 1 change a visiting visa by getting married there or will they refer u bak 2 9ja first
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by heryyy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ justwise

I know overstaying is not a good thing but stop condemning people just because u are legally living in the UK, Lets try and help eachother
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

@justwiseSiddon there and keep asking how someone without papers will survive in the UK sad sad So you think everyone in UK is working with their NI? I don't like ignorant people and I'm not ready to go into long debates with you because you'll be floored. Do you know how many markets there are in UK? I'm talking about the open markets. Go and talk to those selling stuff there. You'll understand what I'm saying. Go to Tilbury Port in Essex and see the loads of money being made there. Investigate the immigrant status of the Blacks and Asians controlling the place, if you can. I have a Bangledeshi friend who runs a restaurant in East London. I did some media work for him in the past. He gave me a ride one day and told me his story. How he entered Holland without papers, how he got his papers and how he moved to England in 2005. This guy was practically doing business in Amsterdam without papers before getting his stay there. He was running the show while the white Dutch guys were bringing business to him. Now he's in Britain legally and he has a cool restaurant he's running. Three other Indian-Bangladeshi guys are working for him. I know his assistants might not all have papers but they help themselves. They are all nice to me because I give the guy tips on how to boost sales at the place. Guys, the illuminati run the show. The taxes are there to be collected from all these businesses with faceless owners. Houses and rooms need to be rented by immigrants [ and most of the landlords don't really care about status. They want their money ]. The economy benefits more in the end. The people in power are controlled by the guys behind the curtain. I hope you get my drift. Cheers.
U just spoken in tongues here, obviously u are talking abt uk of 5-10yrs ago, employers pays £5-20K for each illegal immigrant they employed, u don't know what those illegal immigrants go through, they are paid below minimum wage, share a room with 5 pple and still pay the ful rent, no bank account, live in fear everyday of their life, please get ur facts right.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

@ justwise

I know overstaying is not a good thing but stop condemning people just because u are legally living in the UK, Lets try and help eachother

Who am i condeming? What is wrong with telling the truth? U prefer been lied to?  I'm not one of those Nigerians who will lie to u about life here, pple need to be told the truth and make up their minds.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by heryyy(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2010
justwise:

Who am i condeming? What is wrong with telling the truth? U refer been lied to? I'm not one of those Nigerians who will lie to u about life here, pple need to know the true fact and make up their mind.

because he is coming here to over stay doesnt mean he might not make it here,believe me he might be more better than you, someone just post a story about his bangladesh friend who enter Holland Illegally and now he is doing fine,
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Redman44(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Justwise,

I'm not talking about illegal working or workers. Have you been in a meeting where Asians are discussing? First, all the women will be sent upstairs and the men will remain behind. Then you will start hearing about how the newcomer will be helped. Or how Adil or Depak Mansoor needs a loan to buy the next house to his shop smiley smiley I just admire the bond between those Asians. There are always exceptions to the rule. I have Asian friends. Siddon there and keep displaying your ignorance. You're too small to battle online with. Its better you go to bed. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by heryyy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

@Justwise,

I'm not talking about illegal working or workers. Have you been in a meeting where Asians are discussing? First, all the women will be sent upstairs and the men will remain behind. Then you will start hearing about how the newcomer will be helped. Or how Adil or Depak Mansoor needs a loan to buy the next house to his shop smiley smiley I just admire the bond between those Asians. There are always exceptions to the rule. I have Asian friends. Siddon there and keep displaying your ignorance. You're too small to battle online with. Its better you go to bed. Cheers.

I really hope Justwise can learn from this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

because he is coming here to over stay doesnt mean he might not make it here,believe me he might be more better than you, someone just post a story about his bangladesh friend who enter Holland Illegally and now he is doing fine,

And what year was this? Last 80s, early 2000s?

Nobody is disputing the fact that people overstaying their visas were eventually successful. . . . Four/Five years ago, i would have told the poster to carry go. But with the present state of things in the UK - year 2010  i repeat, only a F.O.O.L will come to the UK and overstay on a visiting visa.

The rules are changing, there are very few jobs, even the agencies now recognise a fake N.I card, when they see even without verifying.

The era of coming to UK on a 6months visa, going back to naija and reapplying to get a 2years multiple entry visa is slowly phasing out. So many cases of people been refused uk visa renewals while some are given another 6months.

All i can say is come to the UK, stay for a while and go back to naija before your visa expires. If you stay longer than 2-3 months, i will suggest you backdate your passport. However, if you are found out by BHC and given a ten years ban, no talk say na funkybaby advice you oh  grin
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
Redman44:

@Justwise,

If u are not talking about illegal working or workers then what are u taling abt? When u overstayed ur visa then u become an illegal immigrant and that is what this topic is all abt. You are just jumping from one story line to another, u got no clue at all about the UK system today, don't fool anybody here with ur asian friends with their dodgy works
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

You are one of those dreamers, come here and do it then write from experience only then will i take u seriously
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2010
heryyy:

I really hope Justwise can learn from this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Learn from what? ?

People are quick to point to the Asians as good example. Truth is most Asians penetrated the UK borders thanks to student visas. . . . . mostly for those bogus and shitt.y colleges (before the UK govt clamped down on them last year)

What do they do? Apply for student visa to one cheap college and then bring their mother, father, neighbours, etc as dependants and it continues on and on.

Now the UK peeps have recognised that loop hole so i think from March this year, any student studying for a course lower than degree level can only work 10hours weekly and he or she is not entitled to bring in any dependents.

It is also common knowledge that they use 'resemblance passport' a lot. Majority of the surnames , 'khan', 'mohammed' and they are all 'brothers'

Besides, who told you nigerians dont help each other? We do just that we cant keep secrets and bad-belle and jealousy amongst us is just too much.

point i am trying to make is that things have changed and all these little immigration tricks are becoming tougher.

This is 2010, wake up abeg !
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by joxiri: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
people should consider placees like canada now
uk is not even the same anymore
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
funkybaby:

And what year was this? Last 80s, early 2000s?
Nobody is disputing the fact that people overstaying their visas were eventually successful. . . . Four/Five years ago, i would have told the poster to carry go. But with the present state of things in the UK - year 2010  i repeat, only a F.O.O.L will come to the UK and overstay on a visiting visa.
The rules are changing, there are very few jobs, even the agencies now recognise a fake N.I card, when they see even without verifying.
The era of coming to UK on a 6months visa, going back to naija and reapplying to get a 2years multiple entry visa is slowly phasing out. So many cases of people been refused uk visa renewals while some are given another 6months.
All i can say is come to the UK, stay for a while and go back to naija before your visa expires. If you stay longer than 2-3 months, i will suggest you backdate your passport. However, if you are found out by BHC and given a ten years ban, no talk say na funkybaby advice you oh  grin

Don't mind those story tellers, they are busy quoting something that happened in 1980s, ask them abt a practical way of doing it they will have nothing to tell u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Asks Cambodian Immigration To Send Him Home, Says He Has No Money / Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway / Pics : Ship On Fire In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.