Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (25280 Views)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
Well its not like you think suxes, they re not after you,infact i believe you even feel more secure there than you are here,As long as you dont go committing crimes, If you dey go jeje and able to procure a means of livelihood,you can be safe in UK for as long as you desire. lipsrsealed Plenty oyinbos safe are wearing such shoes
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
thanks ashin robin
how is T&T treating you?

Anyways, dey cant drag me into
such as I knw where i am going

If i cnt study in a country
den i wnt go dia

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 19, 2010
I thought that Police in Uk/USA/Schengen wil just halt u even witout crime n ask 4 ur papers lyke wen 9ja Police wil unneccesarily stop vehicles to check 4 papers. . . . .hw come much deportation 4rm some EU countries? Do al this immigrant(illegal) comit crimes?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2010
Tamita, thats true esp for Uk
I heard dey'll even come to ur house and
ask for ur papers or even ur place of work

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2010
The police respect human rights unlike Nigerian police and do not go about harrassing people as Nigerian police does,
If you dey go jeje nutin dey pa, Mama charlie sef is aware there are illegal immigrants in UK i think the economy depends on their taxes that is why you have rules as if you can stay for a period without records of crime you are entitled to the british passport. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2010
Ashi robin:

The police respect human rights unlike Nigerian police and do not go about harrassing people as Nigerian police does,
If you dey go jeje nutin dey pa, Mama charlie sef is aware there are illegal immigrants in UK i think the economy depends on their taxes that is why you have rules as if you can stay for a period without records of crime you are entitled to the british passport. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But wat about the one i saw on youtube?
Police went to a particular office and started
checkin dia papers and eventually deported some
pple dia. Does it still happen?

Anyways, like u said dey respect human right and
I heard from a friend that a cop followed him home to
check his visa status,

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2010
True not as if you cannot be interrogated when suspected,If you are in such situation "Overstaying"Its only God that can help so you must be very prayerful cos they might know your status and crime record and not arrest you immediately,they sometimes wait for all the evidence enough to convict you with while you think you are safe, Who knows when they want to finally convict you if its just in the 11th year when your british entitlement is 14yrs  chai  Loooooooooooonnnnnnnggggeeeeesssssttttttttttt tttinAll na God Some do and do better than they would have home while some just waste their time there,it all depends on your personality
@SUXES T&T is good. it is visa free to UK and u get at least 10 yrs or more yankee visa on a T & T "P"
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Ashin robin,
really don't undastand what u meant, "good free visa to UK"? Honestly, i dnt knw y i prefer scandinavian to UK. Any info bout dis countries (Norway, poland, finland, denmark) interms of Police harrasing people who might have stayed their visa? Norway and Finland isn't that populated meaning one can easily be identified. Hw bout that?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Tamita you can check the message again as i have corrected it
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by tkb417(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
UK isnt the best place for such an idea

maybe USA will suit his plans
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
Ashi Robin

Please tell me more about this T&T of a fing.
I was kinda jokin when i saw ur lcoation to b T&T
Are u really dia?

@Tamita, with a Norwegian 'P'
U are gud to go and infact u can
enter lots of country i guess Uk is
included.

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2010
Yea suxes, i knw u Norwegian kpali, u can travel d schengen countries. . . . All i wan 2 knw is hw bout Police halting/checkin status unneccesarily? Is it that strict lyk that of d uk wen u dnt get ya sef involved in illegal/shaddy deals?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
Yea suxes, i knw u Norwegian kpali, u can travel d schengen countries. . . . All i wan 2 knw is hw bout Police halting/checkin status unneccesarily? Is it that strict lyk that of d uk wen u dnt get ya sef involved in illegal/shaddy deals?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2010
Tamita,

I neva reach dos countries but gather
dos info online n from pple.

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2010
@post
my advice would be that your friend get a good friend of his here to arrange papers and a job for him then he should work and return before his visa expires. Then come back and continue again.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 12:17am On Feb 20, 2010
manmustwac:

@post
my advice would be that your friend get a good friend of his here[b] to arrange papers and a job for him then he should work [/b] and return before his visa expires. Then come back and continue again.

When he is caught working with fake or cloned paper? What happens then?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 12:26am On Feb 20, 2010
thank you all for the contributions,though still expecting more
@Ashi Robin dont you think you are encouraging him in his plight?
@manmustwac can u please enlighten him more before he starts selling his properties?
@justwise should he just forfeit the visa rather than waste money on the ticket as it might not be worth it at the end of the day
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 12:46am On Feb 20, 2010
@Suxes, No im not in T&T Just been there and had a girlfriend from there.
Though its not like there are opportunities there as they depend on tourists,its only their "P"
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by suxes2005(m): 1:42am On Feb 20, 2010
Ashi robin:

Though its not like there are opportunities there as they depend on tourists,its only their "P"

Aight.

@bolded part: And u guys arranged an Arrangee
wedding and u got dia P. LOL

SHALOM
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 1:42am On Feb 20, 2010
noniwealth:

@manmustwac can u please enlighten him more before he starts selling his properties?
@justwise should he just forfeit the visa rather than waste money on the ticket as it might not be worth it at the end of the day

Honestly if he is nursing the feeling of coming here to work with visitor's or cloned paper then he should forfeit the visa and save the ticket money for more important things. If he came here and get caught working illegally he is going to loss everything. . visa, ticket money and time.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 2:09am On Feb 20, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

Honestly if he is nursing the feeling of coming here to work with visitor's or cloned paper then he should forfeit the visa and save the ticket money for more important things. If he came here and get caught working illegally he is going to loss everything. . visa, ticket money and time.

cant believe anyone is nursing such idea !
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 2:26am On Feb 20, 2010
funkybaby:

cant believe anyone is nursing such idea !

Neither can i
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Osama10(m): 2:36am On Feb 20, 2010
Its not worth it at all being an illegal in UK.How do you get a job?When you see cops your blood pressure goes up with all the stop and search these days.Unless you intend getting a fake passport,fake NI number and homeoffice letter.

On a second note you can but avoid anything that would bring the cops around you and remember to change your address.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by manmustwac(m): 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2010
noniwealth:

If the guy hasn't got a solid foolproof plan about how he's going to start working when he gets here then he should postpone his journey or forget about it. London is not as easy as you people in nija think.

I have a friend who came here on a visiting visa he overstayed for three years. Eventually he was forced to go back because his father died. Now his junior bros is here he's already overstayed his visa by about four months and just recently got papers from a friend which he intends to use to work. His bros in nija is now begging me to help him find work here. London no easy. Many ppl don sell thier property just to come here and findout for themselves.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by English1(f): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2010
People do it but it's not a great option.

He can't work legally at all. So how is he going to live?

Very few firms will take the risk of employing an illegal worker these days. there are 1000s and 1000s of unemployed people who can work legally - why would a firm risk prosecution and large fines to take on your friend, when they can take their picks of legal workers? No respectable employer does that.

Any firm that does so, will only do it because they want an advantage - they'll take the risk in exchange for being able to pay low low money to people who are desperate. And it won't be a good job. We are not even talking about being able to work in a burger bar. we are talking maybe cleaning toilets, or working on a building site carrying bricks around all day. If you get a job like that as an illegal, and get paid £20 a day, you'd be lucky.

And you have to keep this up for years before you can try applying to regularise your status. Years of struggling, walking round with holes in your shoes because you can't buy new ones, eating once a day because you can't afford enough food, begging friends to sleep on their sofas, always worrying about the police and getting caught.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by labiyemmy(m): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2010
@Poster

Is that a question worth asking?
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by liliana(f): 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2010
@labiyemmy,

I really do wonder o!
Na wa for pple sef, embarassed
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by MontyNG(m): 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2010
Unless the guy wants to come here and do fraud, then he should not overstay. No one will even risk employing any illegal (£10k fine for the company/business per illegal worker they have). How is he going to sustain himself? they'll deport him before he can say fish and once you have that mark on your passport, forget travelling anywhere again!

And if you like, come here and mess up, nah jail then deportation + criminal record
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by noniwealth(f): 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2010
@labiyemmy

@Poster

Is that a question worth asking?

@ liliana

I really do wonder o!
Na wa for pple sef,

The question is why then do Nigerians that cannot truly afford an holiday in london be applying
my aim for this thread is not just to make my friend see reasons but also make other Nigerians nursing such ideas to beware as LONDON THAT I KNOW OF IS NOT A BED OF ROSES
Here you can maintain your car with three large dogs,computer business, a convenient apartment to your self i willl just advice like i keep saying that you just go and stay for not more than 2months and back to your business if you overstay dont belive in your friends saying anything is possible once u become an illegal then you will see the color of londonIf you think you can trow bak ur "p" to backdate,remember its e-"p" dont let immigration spoil it 4 u oh
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by Ashirobin(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Noniwealth i think your friend can do as he plans but i cannot assure him if he will be better of after-all,  i know he can get away with it.
One can only be said to overstay if the passport is with him everywhere he goes,if he doesn't take a passport around nobody can be sure of his status and the immigrations will not deport him without being sure where he is from.
I know a lot of people here can help him in his plight but cannot discuss such on a public forum.

@SUXES

Aight.

@bolded part: And u guys arranged an Arrangee
wedding and u got dia P. LOL

SHALOM
nah im not desperate to go as far as trinidad just to get the passport because its visa free to uk, i use a 9ja "P" i only went there as the love was shaking and its a very romantic island
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
Ashi robin:

@Noniwealth i think your friend can do as he plans but i cannot assure him if he will be better of after-all, i know he can get away with it.
One can only be said to overstay if the passport is with him everywhere he goes,if he doesn't take a passport around nobody can be sure of his status and the immigrations will not deport him without being sure where he is from.
I know a lot of people here can help him in his plight but cannot discuss such on a public forum.
@SUXES nah im not desperate to go as far as trinidad just to get the passport because its visa free to uk,

Stop talking rubbish, immigration/police will find out from his finger print, even on the street, if his name did not appear on Homeoffice database then he entered the country illegally and will be detained. How will they help him with visiting visa? Working with cloned paper? He can't open bank a/c, if he works the money will be paid into somebody's else a/c and only God knows IF he wil see the money again.

Stop giving pple wrong advice, pple like u will NEVER tell the trust. I hope nobody follows your advice.
Re: How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
Ashi robin:

Gosh !

See display of foolishnes.s and stupidity in 3D.

You are talking total bullshi.t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Asks Cambodian Immigration To Send Him Home, Says He Has No Money / Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway / Pics : Ship On Fire In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.