Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now (1938 Views)

“FG Must Act Now!”, Nigerian Gov. On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Atiku In Enugu, Meets Igbo Leaders / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by hornyofife: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
maclatunji:
The events of the last 2 years have shown one fact- the elders in Igboland have lost their way and as a result the youths have lost their sense of direction.

How else would one explain the emergence of Radio Biafra as led by Nnamdi Kanu to incite hate and forment trouble in Nigeria?

The Biafran agitation post-civil war is not new. The Ralph Uwazurike led Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has been agitating for a long time prior to the emergence of Nnamdi Kanu's Independent People of Biafra (IPOB). There were protests, arrests and releases. Other regions too have different groups claiming they want Independence from Nigeria -the Oodua People’s Congress (APC) and the Arewa People’s Congress (APC) in the North.

However, these groups had not employed hate speech as a tool until Nnamdi Kanu came along. His offensive broadcasts created resentment and agitation across ethnic lines and when he arrogantly entered Nigeria despite his subversive activities was promptly arrested. His being charged to court and eventual release on bail dragged for months due to the government's strategy of stretching the legal process to its limits obviously for security reasons.

Many have argued that this has made Nnamdi Kanu popular. For decent people, this need to be a problem, one just needs to look at the following that some Nigerian musicians have to understand that popularity can be achieved without becoming a national security threat.

But not so for Nnamdi Kanu, he has continued to verbally instigate people he perceives to be his opponents within and outside Igboland even bragging that 'elections will not hold'.

Instead of abiding by his bail conditions, he is flouting them.

I ask: where the leaders of Igboland in all of these?

The problem with being obnoxious is that there is no monopoly of it. Now, a coalition of Arewa Youth groups have followed in Kanu's path and threatened Igbos with violence on October 1 if they do not leave the North. As crazy and terrible this is, we have to trace it back to Nnamdi Kanu, leaders and youths of the Southeast who failed to call him to order.

The solution to this dire situation is for the people of the Southeast to curb their recalcitrant son to create a cordial atmosphere. This will also help calm the recalcitrant youths in the North and elsewhere. While true leaders across different parts of the country work together to build a better country for all.

Failure to do this would create huge problems for everybody and that would be unfortunate indeed because it would take Nigeria back many years and put the Igbos in particular in a dire situation.

1 Like

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2017
Maclatunji, stop worrying for the Igbos
Call your fathers and elders in Yoruba land to address the rampant cases of ritual killings in the land. Another huge ritualist den has just been discovered in Lagos /Ogun. This should be your major headache at this time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by ofai: 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
wingman:
Maclatunji, stop worrying for the Igbos
Call your fathers and elders in Yoruba land to address the rampant cases of ritual killings in the land. Another huge ritualist den has just been discovered in Lagos /Ogun. This should be your major headache at this time.

Pls remind the nematode

2 Likes

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
As usual IPOB .. not different from an argument between patience uzokwor and nkem owoh
Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by ofai: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
TheCabal:
As usual IPOB .. not different from an argument between patience uzokwor and nkem owoh

Your cowardice and mumu posts amazes me.
Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by Kamanuozuzu: 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
lofty900:
igbos has no real leaders thats y kanu was able to fill the void and used jobless youths to cause mayhem

What mayhem actually?
Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by DerideGull(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
maclatunji:
The events of the last 2 years have shown one fact- the elders in Igboland have lost their way and as a result the youths have lost their sense of direction.

How else would one explain the emergence of Radio Biafra as led by Nnamdi Kanu to incite hate and forment trouble in Nigeria?The Biafran agitation post-civil war is not new. The Ralph Uwazurike led Movement for the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has been agitating for a long time prior to the emergence of Nnamdi Kanu's Independent People of Biafra (IPOB). There were protests, arrests and releases. Other regions too have different groups claiming they want Independence from Nigeria -the Oodua People’s Congress (APC) and the Arewa People’s Congress (APC) in the North.

However, these groups had not employed hate speech as a tool until Nnamdi Kanu came along. His offensive broadcasts created resentment and agitation across ethnic lines and when he arrogantly entered Nigeria despite his subversive activities was promptly arrested. His being

charged to court and eventual release on bail dragged for months due to the government's strategy of stretching the legal process to its limits obviously for security reasons.

Many have argued that this has made Nnamdi Kanu popular. For decent people, this need to be a problem, one just needs to look at the following that some Nigerian musicians have to understand that popularity can be achieved without becoming a national security threat.

But not so for Nnamdi Kanu, he has continued to verbally instigate people he perceives to be his opponents within and outside Igboland even bragging that 'elections will not hold'.

Instead of abiding by his bail conditions, he is flouting them.

I ask: where the leaders of Igboland in all of these?

The problem with being obnoxious is that there is no monopoly of it. Now, a coalition of Arewa Youth groups have followed in Kanu's path and threatened Igbos with violence on October 1 if they do not leave the North. As crazy and terrible this is, we have to trace it back to Nnamdi Kanu, leaders and youths of the Southeast who failed to call him to order.

The solution to this dire situation is for the people of the Southeast to curb their recalcitrant son to create a cordial atmosphere. This will also help calm the recalcitrant youths in the North and elsewhere. While true leaders across different parts of the country work together to build a better country for all.

Failure to do this would create huge problems for everybody and that would be unfortunate indeed because it would take Nigeria back many years and put the Igbos in particular in a dire situation.

Only a foolish fool in the image of human being with the intellect of a pig can possibly wake and have the above thought process. I know the poster of the above post never heard that "change, ironically is very constant in nature". In addition, the poor rapscallion has never grasp the fact that self determination is a selfless endeavor known to human beings. Sometimes I wonder endlessly why any dumbass jackass should be twisted out of human form simply because a certain group of individuals has decided to terminate the unholy union the colonialists frosted on Nigerians. If the actualization of Republic of Igbo land or Biafra will send multitude of Nigerians to a hellish land, I say may almighty creator make such actualization to happen everyday. Nigeria will never see peace until Republic of Igbo land or Biafra is actualized.

2 Likes

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
ofai:

Your cowardice and mumu posts amazes me.

Thanks for the compliment. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by Ojiofor: 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
madridguy:
Awaiting for the arrival of the ipork miscreants to attack the poster as usual.

Thanks @ OP, I think the good people of IGBO land are doing their best to place Kanu where he belongs to but the problem now is the PDP. We have some PDP money bags using his hate gospel to disrupt the present administration.

I am only concerned about women and children.
What is going to happen to women and children?
Does Nnamdi Kanu have army to engage Nigeria army in war.Okay I remember like Ozobulu massacre where innocent men and women and children were cowardly murdered by the agents of government.

1 Like

Re: True Igbo Leaders Must Act Now by ofai: 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
DerideGull:

Only a foolish fool in the image of human being with the intellect of a pig can possibly wake and have the above thought process. I know the poster of the above post never heard that "change, ironically is very constant in nature". In addition, the poor rapscallion has never grasp the fact that self determination is a selfless endeavor known to human beings. Sometimes I wonder endlessly why any dumbass jackass should be twisted out of human form simply because a certain group of individuals has decided to terminate the unholy union the colonialists frosted on Nigerians. If the actualization of Republic of Igbo land or Biafra will send multitude of Nigerians to a hellish land, I say may almighty creator make such actualization to happen everyday. Nigeria will never see peace until Republic of Igbo land or Biafra is actualized.

Amen my brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos In Oyo State Kick Against Nnamdi Kanu For Calling Yoruba 'fools' / Promising Results Buhari: Nnpc Discovers 21 Wells Full Oil In The North. / Sw/yorubas Should Not Accept New Posts Of Security Chief By Buhari - It's A Ploy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.