Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 (1540 Views)

They Have Given Php Cocaine Ooo / Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
So after complaining that he was banned and his threads deleted, Dhtml deactivated his account. I wasn't supporting him fully at first, thought he could have just abstain from creating threads or regular visits to the forum.

Lo and behold Seunn commented on the thread, screenshot below.

I mean when did it became compulsory one must pay for creating a thread about a programming forum on the programming section. The likes of gdevit, tittit, and the numerous ponzi sites must have paid be that.

At first I thought dhtml was just taking it personal unnecessarily, I understand what happened now.

Reason given was akin to someone spamming the site, every section trying to promote his site.

It is understandable why nairaland is a haven for tribal wars, fake instagram lives and get rich quick scheme.

Your case seunn is beyond redemption.

Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by badthinds: 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
This is a military regime (in Falz's voice)

Note: Not my voice, I repeat.

Now. In my voice.

Why have thou withheld so much hate in thy heart against the beloved nairaland ?

Is nairaland not privately owned?

Should I give you commands in your own home? Would you follow?

Did Seun beg you to make contributions?

Is he indebted to you?

But, to the mods/owner....I draw my ear o

Dhtml registered since 2007 with over 400 topics...yet no pension. Just pepper to the tension. grin

Sha...I just dropped by to say hi to nl. Life goes on.
But before I go, I feel dhtml18 should also be grateful to NL...majority, of the users in his site are from NL. So, maybe considered spam. ...but mod, before nodding ya head...that's not withstanding. Seems asiv you envy him.

Sincerely, and impartially, badthinds
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
^^^^yinmu

You are not coherent oga, jumping from pillar to post. A privately owned public forum. You are as confused as seun.

SMH.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by badthinds: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
^

Mr, you can tell that to seun.
It public because he seeks your opinion before dropping a decision eg banning. Lol. Common!

And I guess you didn't see the question mark at the end of the 'statement'.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by adenuga558(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
hmm, passing by, on my way to Nairaland.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 10, 2017
adenuga558:
hmm, passing by, on my way to Nairaland.
i just checked out the site, its terrible on mobile phone.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by ibnSalaudeen(m): 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
bjhaid:
The website bounced me off in seconds.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
ibnSalaudeen:

The website bounced me off in seconds.
first impression, I just viewed on pc, still not impressed
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Desyner: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
SirAbdulthe1st:
^^^^yinmu

You are not coherent oga, jumping from pillar to post. A privately owned public forum. You are as confused as seun.

SMH.
What's wrong there? Dhtml should av taken it easy.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Desyner: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
bjhaid:
Tried offering the guy my free gui support. Seem he isn't bothered about the looks for now. Maybe as time goes it will improve n overtake NL.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
Desyner:
Tried offering the guy my free gui support. Seem he isn't bothered about the looks for now. Maybe as time goes it will improve n overtake NL.
its like his site will be only based on coding, I don't think it can overtake Cos of the numerous sections seun created here and there are wealth of informations u can get dere, if you're talking about programming section, I rather stick with stack overflow and medium dot com
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
bjhaid:
its like his site will be only based on coding, I don't think it can overtake Cos of the numerous sections seun created here and there are wealth of informations u can get dere, if you're talking about programming section, I rather stick with stack overflow and medium dot com
Wrong, this is just the beginning, watch and see what happens next.

Desyner:
I did not see your support, and many programmers from here have actually helped a lot. Some have even taken over my office to support me on this cause. I am getting lots of emails, facebook messages, phone calls e.t.c on bugs, fixes, features, and i have been taking them all down, and working on them.

And note people - this kind of thing can happen to anyone. Imagine I can type stackoverflow.com here and nothing happens. No matter how you guys say it - this flagging is very unfair.

I have replied to seun here - https://www.nairaland.com/3980384/reply-seun-osewa-concerning-flagging
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by talk2hb1(m): 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
dhtml81:

Wrong, this is just the beginning, watch and see what happens next.

I did not see your support, and many programmers from here have actually helped a lot. Some have even taken over my office to support me on this cause. I am getting lots of emails, facebook messages, phone calls e.t.c on bugs, fixes, features, and i have been taking them all down, and working on them.

And note people - this kind of thing can happen to anyone. Imagine I can type stackoverflow.com here and nothing happens. No matter how you guys say it - this flagging is very unfair.

I have replied to seun here - https://www.nairaland.com/3980384/reply-seun-osewa-concerning-flagging
Seuns reply shows he doesnt like you here
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Desyner: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
dhtml81:

Thought you rejected the idea of a theme css/html/[php] on the Nairaland thread. That was the support I was talking of. Never knew Seun banned you without giving you the chance to comply first.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
I was banned without any reason stated, my site was flagged without any reason stated. A thread was created where we shouted and shouted, I was unbanned. My threads were vanishing and moving off programming board without any stated reason.

So to me, it was personal that I was no longer wanted, and so exited before I was thrown out.
Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by larisoft: 7:01am On Aug 11, 2017
The administrators of this site should have predicted the upheaval an action like this would cause. I would think that by now, a user as consistent and charismatic as dhtml18 should enjoy a few privileges...like being made a mod, or at the very least, getting notified before getting clamped down on.

Honestly, the message this sends to me, and every other programmer, who rely on this board for PR purposes, is to be careful. That our accounts (and brands) can be banned anytime without opportunity for self explanation.

That's a sad message.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Given For Banning Dhtml18 by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 11, 2017
^^^Thank you very much, I can see exactly what I am saying. People should think very well that what if this happens to you?
We are all programmers here, and every single one of us wish to be successful in what we do. So imagine in my own case, after 4 years of toiling with this startup, break-down, rebuild again, I now finally have something that is getting close to what I had in mind.

And someone carry flag of Nigeria, and use am to knack my head? I have right to be angry now. Okay, seun says I am promoting for free?

Should I have PAID nairaland before I can create a thread about my STARTUP? Or have I committed a crime by making a thread on my startup? Am I spamming the board with my startup? What EXACTLY is the nature of my crime to deserve this? These are questions that beg answers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Php Job Vacancy / How To Find Cofounder For Your Startup In Nigeria / Flexbox Is Underrated. Here's The Skeleton Of An Image Gallery I Created.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.