Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,506 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

How Did Igbos Achieve This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Igbos Achieve This? (3552 Views)

How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? / Nigerians Should Help Igbos Achieve Igbo Presidency 2023- Orji Uzor Kalu / What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by konfused: 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
kp3tech:

Let me try to Answer and save you from ignorance.

First, Nigeria Unitary system of government where power is concentrated at the Middle can't and has not work with Nigeria.

Why ?
They is a deep mutual distrust between the 4 major region... Which was a result of the Jan 1966 coup, counter coup, pogrom and genocidal civil war.

This 4 events have not been
1. Investigated, the offenders punished by a independent and have honest tribunal.

2. They have been no reconciliation of parties involved,

3. Nigeria is trying quickly to forget thier Civil war genocide crime which is back firing, they should have accepted their fault, remember the dead, and makes amend

4. When IPOB started their Agitations, PMB murdered unarmed civilians in cold blood and the whole Nigeria was smiling, He defied court order and kept Nnamdi Kanu in prison.

5. Igbos did sit at home to remember the 3 million souls lost in the war, they gave us quit notice in our country.

Lastly, at that point, thanks to Android phone, Everybody started researching, about Biafra, About history... Started read books like "They was a Country "... Chinua Achebe.

Then it dawn on the highest one Nigeria apologist that:
The Biafra war was a ploy to exterminate the whole Igbo race, it started from the state sponsored pogrom (under the guise that a group of Igbo officer committed coup, funny enough they did not massacre dimka tribe for the coup he committed)

2. The war never ended, They still had in mind to do it, they try to make Igbos suffer, we ignore their antics till Buhari came and openly showed his hate for Biafrans. Declare them 5%.

3. The same propagandas out of envy against the Biafrans that led is still alive today (google "salama: let's face the facts 1964" you would be shocked to hear people re echoes those lies about Igbos in 2017)

4. Igbos are not happy, trust me, they are like wounded lion, they are careful not to fall victim to the Enemies twice.

5. Nigeria is scam, as always been a scam fabricated by the Brit for economical benefits .

So it's not just about Presidency, Its about freedom and knowing your destiny is in the hand of a friend (voted leader) not someone that his mission is to oppress you, kill u and shatter your hope. (Buhari, Average Northerner) because you not a Muslim or not Northerner or because one Nzogwu from bendel did something in 1966 Or because Somebody (from ur tribe) is Agitating for something instead to reason with him you choose to attack his tribe men that might not even be aware or chose to ignore him.

Nwanne, dalu so, igbanigo.

Actually, your write up made me to know about "SALAMA and UPCAISM". Thank you very much for that insightful knowledge.

Every Igbo man or woman should try and read up about our history in this country, it's been long umu ndi ara choro iri anyi, but Chi anyi mu anya.

When I see full fledged Igbos supporting One Nigeria, I shudder and wonder if they have ever had time to read the history of this country.

Obiara egbum ga egbu onwe ya....he that thinketh evil for another...evil shall befall him

3 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 7:48am On Aug 10, 2017
Oxenomy:
where were northern leaders when Boko Haram were forming?... Where were yorubas leaders when ritualists are on rampage in southwest?... Answer these questions then we can talk.. Swerve!

If it is an issue you care about open your thread. Is this how you answer questions during examinations?
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2017
konfused:

Nwanne, dalu so, igbanigo.

Actually, your write up made me to know about "SALAMA and UPCAISM". Thank you very much for that insightful knowledge.

Every Igbo man or woman should try and read up about our history in this country, it's being long umu ndi ara choro iri anyi, but Chi anyi mu anaya.

When I see full fledged Igbos supporting One Nigeria, I shudder and wonder if they have ever had time to read the history of this country.

Obiara egbum ga egbu onwe ya....he that thinketh evil for another...evil shall befall him

After tons of insults from your ignorance-loving friends at least you find something educating when someone tries to discuss.

This is the way people learn not with lousiness displayed on this thread previously.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2017
kp3tech:

Let me try to Answer and save you from ignorance.

First, Nigeria Unitary system of government where power is concentrated at the Middle can't and has not work with Nigeria.

Why ?
They is a deep mutual distrust between the 4 major region... Which was a result of the Jan 1966 coup, counter coup, pogrom and genocidal civil war.

This 4 events have not been
1. Investigated, the offenders punished by a independent and have honest tribunal.

2. They have been no reconciliation of parties involved,

3. Nigeria is trying quickly to forget thier Civil war genocide crime which is back firing, they should have accepted their fault, remember the dead, and makes amend

4. When IPOB started their Agitations, PMB murdered unarmed civilians in cold blood and the whole Nigeria was smiling, He defied court order and kept Nnamdi Kanu in prison.

5. Igbos did sit at home to remember the 3 million souls lost in the war, they gave us quit notice in our country.

Lastly, at that point, thanks to Android phone, Everybody started researching, about Biafra, About history... Started read books like "They was a Country "... Chinua Achebe.

Then it dawn on the highest one Nigeria apologist that:
The Biafra war was a ploy to exterminate the whole Igbo race, it started from the state sponsored pogrom (under the guise that a group of Igbo officer committed coup, funny enough they did not massacre dimka tribe for the coup he committed)

2. The war never ended, They still had in mind to do it, they try to make Igbos suffer, we ignore their antics till Buhari came and openly showed his hate for Biafrans. Declare them 5%.

3. The same propagandas out of envy against the Biafrans that led is still alive today (google "salama: let's face the facts 1964" you would be shocked to hear people re echoes those lies about Igbos in 2017)

4. Igbos are not happy, trust me, they are like wounded lion, they are careful not to fall victim to the Enemies twice.

5. Nigeria is scam, as always been a scam fabricated by the Brit for economical benefits .

So it's not just about Presidency, Its about freedom and knowing your destiny is in the hand of a friend (voted leader) not someone that his mission is to oppress you, kill u and shatter your hope. (Buhari, Average Northerner) because you not a Muslim or not Northerner or because one Nzogwu from bendel did something in 1966 Or because Somebody (from ur tribe) is Agitating for something instead to reason with him you choose to attack his tribe men that might not even be aware or chose to ignore him.

All these your list of 'injustices' disappeared when Goodluck Jonathan was in power for 5 years?

Or you chose to delete them from your memory during his tenure where Igbos were bragging up and down about their son being in power?

Even Ijaws did not brag half-as-much.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by Oxenomy: 8:25am On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

If it is an issue you care about open your thread. Is this how you answer questions during examinations?
get the fvck of my mention this neausiating hypocrite..

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2017
Oxenomy:
get the fvck of my mention this neausiating hypocrite..

Typical- irrational, illogical, unrefined plus unsophisticated.

It doesn't matter how much or little he has, these are his default settings. #Hehehehe
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by true2god: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

Typical- irrational, illogical, unrefined plus unsophisticated.

It doesn't matter how much or little he has, these are his default settings. #Hehehehe
You actually proved me wrong bro. The respect I had for you is gone, never knew you were a regular Yoruba Muslim. You need refinement.

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2017
true2god:
You actually proved me wrong bro. The respect I had for you is gone, never knew you were a regular Yoruba Muslim. You need refinement.

Awwww... I have also held a big stick against insolent troublemakers.

See this guy forming sophistication and still tagging people O.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by ottohan: 10:27am On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

If you would stop using diversionary tactics and answer the question, we might just improve our political culture a little bit more.

The real shame is running away from the legitimate question which is fundamental to understanding our recent history as a nation.

Don't tell me the great Igbo nation cannot muster a logical response. I know it can obviously but the noisy characters claiming to be Igbo champions on Nairaland should not fail to answer.
these are the reasons why u were sacked from being MOD
u were too tribalistic

2 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by kp3tech(m): 10:40am On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

..Igbos were bragging up and down about their son being in power?

Even Ijaws did not brag half-as-much.

OP the truth is that you have swallowed the propagandas planted by the Enemies against the Biafrans hook , line and sinker.

let me try to debunk some.

1. How can you reason or believed or be able to detect that 80 million people were bragging that Jonathan who could not fix any Federal road or any much need infact in SS or SE.

2. Where there a poll or survey we did not know about?

The issue is the way am average Igbo man sees life is different.. Once you behave below expectation we clam down on you.

eg, Just the way FFK is clamping down on Osibanjo, even though they are tribesmen, They are expectations, Him as Ag President (Like lead the Restructure campaign instead of playing it down) must leave up to else he is a failure.

Kanu as said it over and over that Shehu Shagari did more for Igbos than GEJ.

I remember when Militants were buying warship against 2015, Arewa youths stock pilling weapons... And you said Igbos were bragging, where? in which town or village... Have you been to the east. and ask how they felt about Nigeria during GEJ.
You believe concocted and dumb stories, you should be ashame.

Why 95%voted GEJ was not because he was OK, but we know Buhari stands for...
Terror, We knew he hated Biafrans , he has been frank about it his excuse was because one Kaduna Nzogwu act... as far back as 1966... madness..

Lastly If Jonathan had tried to Intimidate us like Buhari, we would had acted worst.

Please don't quote me again because u were among those that was smiling and laughing when Nigeria Army were slaughtering un armed civilian and PMB, You were also masturbating when Arewa Youths gave their quit notice yet you pretend to compare Jonathan era with Buhari...

Go ask your PMB "How did he achieved this" ? Destroyed Nigeria in less than 2 years.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2017
kp3tech:

OP the truth is that you have swallowed the propagandas planted by the Enemies against the Biafrans hook , line and sinker.

let me try to debunk some.

1. How can you reason or believed or be able to detect that 80 million people were bragging that Jonathan who could not fix any Federal road or any much need infact in SS or SE.

2. Where there a poll or survey we did not know about?

The issue is the way am average Igbo man sees life is different.. Once you behave below expectation we clam down on you.

eg, Just the way FFK is clamping down on Osibanjo, even though they are tribesmen, They are expectations, Him as Ag President (Like lead the Restructure campaign instead of playing it down) must leave up to else he is a failure.

Kanu as said it over and over that Shehu Shagari did more for Igbos than GEJ.

I remember when Militants were buying warship against 2015, Arewa youths stock pilling weapons... And you said Igbos were bragging, where? in which town or village... Have you been to the east. and ask how they felt about Nigeria during GEJ.
You believe concocted and dumb stories, you should be ashame.

Why 95%voted GEJ was not because he was OK, but we know Buhari stands for...
Terror, We knew he hated Biafrans , he has been frank about it his excuse was because one Kaduna Nzogwu act... as far back as 1966... madness..

Lastly If Jonathan had tried to Intimidate us like Buhari, we would had acted worst.

Please don't quote me again because u were among those that was smiling and laughing when Nigeria Army were slaughtering un armed civilian and PMB, You were also masturbating when Arewa Youths gave their quit notice yet you pretend to compare Jonathan era with Buhari...

Go ask your PMB "How did he achieved this" ? Destroyed Nigeria in less than 2 years.

You are trying hard to be rational. However, the facts on ground are against you. From Nairaland to Facebook to other social media platforms that shape opinion in Nigeria today, it is Igbos that carried Goodluck Jonathan's matter for head the most.

Governor Rochas of Imo state said the same thing. People like you should speak more and avoid the charlatans making noise about representing Igbos define you people wrongly.

There are enough of them to spoil the image of the entire tribe and they have been doing so effectively- from Nnamdi Kanu to Nairaland urchins.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2017
ottohan:

these are the reasons why u were sacked from being MOD
u were too tribalistic

Hehehehe, Seun see submission. #LOL
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by merybold: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
where do we go from here.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by uzoexcel(m): 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2017
i have seen you have gone back to ur tribalistic, ethno-religio default setting...seems ur years as a nairaland mod hasnt thought u anything...

your case is that of giving a dog a bad name and then hanging it

case in point
im igbo..i cant change that

i voted for buhari, i wanted nigeria to move forward and mediocrity eliminated... i cant change that

most of my fam voted for buhari...i cant change that

'igbo' frds and 'igbo' colleagues were equally split between voting gej and buhari...i cant change that

i was disapointed when upon buhari been 'crowned', words and phrases like 97% and 5% started flying around...i am disappointed that the south east wasnt included in the railway project...i am disappointed that no south easterner is in a top position amongst the service chiefs..from the DSS to the military to the police, there's no one......i cant change that

i am disappointed in the APC government for grinding this country to a standstill with 'politics without substance' machinations as well as not living up to their electoral promises.......i cant change that

i am disppointed that the power issue still remains as it is...seems more like a step forward and then 2 steps backward is what one has been observing....i cant change that

i am disappointed that just lip service is been paid to the fulani herdsmen issues..no ruthless action on this miscreants has been done...I cant change that

i am disappointed that most roads i have currrently or recently plied seem to be getting worse...lagos to abuja journey by road is a nightmare..most express roads one passes through in the south west is bad...ekiti down to akure a good example...why is the lag-ibadan expressway road proj not progressing as anticipated...i cant change that

i am disappointed that no one seems to know the current state of our president...what if he has been kidnapped or he's been held on ransome..i voted for him also and i have a right to know..i am disappointed that all we see are just pictures here and there..THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IN A SANER CLIME. i am sad that this country is been grounded to a halt because of our president's illness...case in point;osibanjo cant give portfolios to newly appointed ministers because the president needs to give a go ahead....

i am disappointed that the president hasnt resigned due to his poor health so osibanjo can assume full power, appoint a vice president and push this country forward....oh, even though im igbo i would love osibanjo to assume power even though he's not igbo...i hope you can see here I'M NIGERIAN like that....

i have studied, worked and lived in all parts of the country; hence i see myself as a true nigerian....i cant change that

i dont support biafra ......i cant change that

however i am not in a position to speak for others because everyone has a right to choose what he/she wants..i am also not in a position to speak for others as i have no idea what experiences people who want biafra mightav undergone...say for example losing or getting sacked from a job not because of incompetence but because one is from a particular part of the country...or been passed for a promotion...or not getting a job or univ admission because of quota level...i have not had this experience..other people have...i cant change that

i want restructuring if it will make the country push forward and if its for the betterment for everybody....i cant change that

i dont like nnamdi kanu's message especially the parts calling for violence....i cant change that

i am also aware that years of having helpless hopeless hapless myopic shortsighted unintelligent visionless leaders in the country has brought about the boko haram, nnamdi kanu's, the niger delta militants....no part of the country is immune to this..biafra wont resolve this..... T.A orji who misruled Abia state ended up in the senate..he's not an hausa man...he's 'biafran'....igbos equally have selfish leaders without ideology...i cant change that.

And maclatunji if you go through my posts and say u dont share some of my concerns or even address one or two issues from your perspective,then it will be quite obvious that you are a paid hack with the sole aim of causing mischief

maclatunji:

If you would stop using diversionary tactics and answer the question, we might just improve our political culture a little bit more.

The real shame is running away from the legitimate question which is fundamental to understanding our recent history as a nation.

Don't tell me the great Igbo nation cannot muster a logical response. I know it can obviously but the noisy characters claiming to be Igbo champions on Nairaland should not fail to answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
merybold:
where do we go from here.

Great question...
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by Kazim88: 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

You are trying hard to be rational. However, the facts on ground are against you. From Nairaland to Facebook to other social media platforms that shape opinion in Nigeria today, it is Igbos that carried Goodluck Jonathan's matter for head the most.

Governor Rochas of Imo state said the same thing. People like you should speak more and avoid the charlatans making noise about representing Igbos define you people wrongly.

There are enough of them to spoil the image of the entire tribe and they have been doing so effectively- from Nnamdi Kanu to Nairaland urchins.

You don't judge by Nairaland.... A faceless forum or facebook

In developed countries they constanly do polls to get the rating of their president... but in Nigeria you would here something like "The White want Trump" while Black want Obama.
or The North America wants this while the Coast want that...

Not know every individual has his own opinion and the only way to gather corporate opinion is through poll or Referendum.

Even Biafra Referendum might not end up having 51% yes, Don't just assume every Igbo would vote yes to biafra

or Every Yoruba would Vote Yes to Oodua

You might not know, Over 80% of Northerners are tired of Buhari government because the hunger is unprecedented.. and Nobody to blame.
But if u judge online you might assume they are all zombie which love the situation of the country or they are all Arewa Youths but go onll the street and ask around, go to the market...

Also you might not know that Northerners want Igbos to stay but wants them to change their nature but judging online you might assume they want Igbos to leave.

So what kp3tech is saying is... Don't assume the 0.005% (less than 10,000) of Igbos online represents the whole Igbo tribe..
Even 60% of them are too busy running their biz to start commenting on NL. while the rest are not just interested.

it's a very lazy generalization.

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by madapcmod: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
These are d kind if tribalist mods seun is using in Nairaland and u expect a balanced moderation? Biased and bigoted mods just like d other with 44 suffix who only bear his fangs in Yoruba bashing threads but goes on hibernation in Igbo bashing threads.

Nairaland has gone to d dogs.

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by kp3tech(m): 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
Kazim88:

In developed countries they constanly do polls to get the rating of their president... but in Nigeria you would here something like "The White want Trump" while Black want Obama.

Not know every individual has his own opinion and the only way to gather corporate opinion is through poll or Referendum.

Even Biafra Referendum might not end up having 51% yes, Don't just assume every Igbo would vote yes to biafra

You might not know, Over 80% of Northerners are tired of Buhari government because the hunger is unprecedented.. and Nobody to blame.
But if u judge online you might assume they are all zombie which love the situation of the country or they are all Arewa Youths but go onll the street and ask around, go to the market...

Also you might not know that Northerners want Igbos to stay but wants them to change their nature but judging online you might assume they want Igbos to leave.

So what kp3tech is saying is... Don't assume the 0.005% (less than 10,000) of Igbos online represents the whole Igbo tribe..
Even 60% of them are too busy running their biz to start commenting on NL. while the rest are not just interested.

God bless you.

Racism, Tribalism and Regionalism is the tool the elite had use to divide are rule us .

They group us into we vs them... And some gullible buy them wholly.

Eg
We are North, they are south (south is our enemies, they are infidel ) not knowing we are all one Nigeria

We are APC they are PDP (PDP are looters) but all the members of APC were in PDP

We want PMB, they want GEJ (we must resist them) ... But we actually want development, we want results, we want goals, let anybody score

We are Yoruba/ Arewa they are Biafrans (they killed our leaders ,) but they was a counter coup and pogrom which was never investigated to ascertain what actually happened..

The masses fight and kill them selves... But you see Nnia Nwodo, Obiano covering up PMB mass murder in Onitsha.. They are friends

The masses, willing tool.

And the op has been brainwashed and has ended buying the we against them.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by uzoexcel(m): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
i have seen you have gone back to ur tribalistic, ethno-religio default setting...seems ur years as a nairaland mod hasnt thought u anything...

case in point

i voted for buhari, i wanted nigeria to move forward and mediocrity eliminated... i cant change that

'igbo' frds and 'igbo' colleagues were equally split between voting gej and buhari...i cant change that

i was disapointed when upon buhari been 'crowned', words and phrases like 97% and 5% started flying around...i am disappointed that the south east wasnt included in the railway project...i am disappointed that no south easterner is in a top position amongst the service chiefs..from the DSS to the military to the police, there's no one......i cant change that

i am disappointed in the APC government for grinding this country to a standstill with 'politics without substance' machinations as well as not living up to their electoral promises.......i cant change that

i am disppointed that the power issue still remains as it is...seems more like a step forward and then 2 steps backward is what one has been observing....i cant change that

i am disappointed that just lip service is been paid to the fulani herdsmen issues..no ruthless action on this miscreants has been done...I cant change that

i am disappointed that most roads i have currrently or recently plied seem to be getting worse...lagos to abuja journey by road is a nightmare..most express roads one passes through in the south west is bad...ekiti down to akure a good example...why is the lag-ibadan expressway road proj not progressing as anticipated...i cant change that

i am disappointed that no one seems to know the current state of our president...what if he has been kidnapped or he's been held on ransome..i voted for him also and i have a right to know..i am disappointed that all we see are just pictures here and there..THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IN A SANER CLIME. i am sad that this country is been grounded to a halt because of our president's illness...case in point;osibanjo cant give portfolios to newly appointed ministers because the president needs to give a go ahead....

i am disappointed that the president hasnt resigned due to his poor health so osibanjo can assume full power, appoint a vice president and push this country forward....oh, even though im igbo i would love osibanjo to assume power even though he's not igbo...i hope you can see here I'M NIGERIAN like that....

i have studied, worked and lived in all parts of the country; hence i see myself as a true nigerian....i cant change that

however i am not in a position to speak for others because everyone has a right to choose what he/she wants..i am also not in a position to speak for others as i have no idea what experiences people who want biafra mightav undergone...say for example losing or getting sacked from a job not because of incompetence but because one is from a particular part of the country...or been passed for a promotion...or not getting a job or univ admission because of quota level...i have not had this experience..other people have...i cant change that

i want restructuring if it will make the country push forward and if its for the betterment for everybody....i cant change that

i dont like nnamdi kanu's message especially the parts calling for violence....i cant change that

i am also aware that years of having helpless hopeless hapless myopic shortsighted unintelligent visionless leaders in the country has brought about the boko haram, nnamdi kanu's, the niger delta militants....no part of the country is immune to this..biafra wont resolve this..... T.A orji who misruled Abia state ended up in the senate..he's not an hausa man...he's 'biafran'....igbos equally have selfish leaders without ideology...i cant change that.

And maclatunji if you go through my posts and say u dont share some of my concerns or even address one or two issues from your perspective,then it will be quite obvious that you are a paid hack with the sole aim of causing mischief

maclatunji:

Insults from all angles but no attempt to answer the question.

This thread is a simple experiment on the ability of those claiming to be championing the Igbo cause to identify the key issues in the political space. Obviously, there is a lack of capacity in this regard.

The rest of Nigeria has to think for you because you obviously are not thinking effectively for yourselves. You are stuck in a state of arrested political development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
Kazim88:

I don't doubt that most Igbos do not support Biafra but what is wrong is that they allow the Biafra apologists dominate the public space with their vileness until perceptions become entrenched and this can have dire consequences.

Just visit Nairaland everyday like a few months after Buhari came to power and you would have noticed what I am talking about. I can understand Facebook is big and difficult to police from America but Nairaland can do better and hasn't.

The intervention of people like me May seem like an attempt to ridicule Igbos but it is not. It is just a means of dealing with the irksome misguided folks running all over social media spewing hate. If left unchecked and addressed things like the Arewa declaration might just be child's play compared to what the country would face next.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
uzoexcel:

case in point

Our understanding of the depth of Nigeria's problems and solutions differ.

This current government has it failings but personally I give it 60% and it is because of 3 fronts.

A clear effort to improve security, people quickly scream Fulani herdsmen but has the federal government prevented Ekiti state for example from providing its local solution to the problem? No.

The people and state governments that have this problem ongoing know why. When they stop playing politics with it at state level, it will fizzle out. The federal government will not deploy soldiers to every state in Nigeria to fight Fulani herdsmen in each one.

This government is changing the fundamentals of our economy and it is beginning to yield fruit, we are about to stop rice importation. Dangote refinery is coming on stream, railways are being worked-on, Ajaokuta is being revived. The foreign exchange volatility has been tamed.

Considering that the last government was just overseeing looting of the Treasury, it is a minor miracle we are not currently like Venezuela.

People are no longer feeling comfortable with being called corrupt politicians, see Saraki trying to remove that toga from himself.

I can go on-and-on. Yes, many people were naive about how easy it would be to solve Nigeria's problems, perhaps even President Buhari himself but one thing is clear.

There is a genuine effort to fix Nigeria and it is beginning to work.

As for those seeking a quick Buhari exit before 2019, it is unwise unless he is totally unable to work and recover. The instability and schism they are seeking for is ill-advised even if what we have now is not ideal, we are doing decently well to make it work.

On security, economy and fighting corruption, there has been progress and we hope for better.

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by uzoexcel(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2017
back to your reply....you seem to have much more information than the average man on the street,
quick question(s),
what is wrong with the President? what ailment is he suffering from? why is he not been treated in the local hospitals like he said during his campaign speeches? what happens to the average Nigerian including you if you suffer the same ailment the president is suffering from? who would fund you? what is the medical prognosis of mr President?why is his situation shrouded in secrecy? he is not the first president in office to get ill so why the whole mystery?why did Lai mohammed lie to us months ago that the president was hale and hearty and would soon be back? this are Lai's words “I can say without any hesitation that Mr. President is well, is hale and hearty. No question about that.” was he lying to nigerians.if so he could be sued for perjury you know. Is the president still capable of functioning without his decisions compromised? and Lastly, do you think that in any other developed country that an issue like the president been out of the country for more than 3 months would linger to this point?

maclatunji:

Our understanding of the depth of Nigeria's problems and solutions differ.

This current government has it failings but personally I give it 60% and it is because of 3 fronts.

A clear effort to improve security, people quickly scream Fulani herdsmen but has the federal government prevented Ekiti state for example from providing its local solution to the problem? No.

The people and state governments that have this problem ongoing know why. When they stop playing politics with it at state level, it will fizzle out. The federal government will not deploy soldiers to every state in Nigeria to fight Fulani herdsmen in each one.

This government is changing the fundamentals of our economy and it is beginning to yield fruit, we are about to stop rice importation. Dangote refinery is coming on stream, railways are being worked-on, Ajaokuta is being revived. The foreign exchange volatility has been tamed.

Considering that the last government was just overseeing looting of the Treasury, it is a minor miracle we are not currently like Venezuela.

People are no longer feeling comfortable with being called corrupt politicians, see Saraki trying to remove that toga from himself.

I can go on-and-on. Yes, many people were naive about how easy it would be to solve Nigeria's problems, perhaps even President Buhari himself but one thing is clear.

There is a genuine effort to fix Nigeria and it is beginning to work.

As for those seeking a quick Buhari exit before 2019, it is unwise unless he is totally unable to work and recover. The instability and schism they are seeking for is ill-advised even if what we have now is not ideal, we are doing decently well to make it work.

On security, economy and fighting corruption, there has been progress and we hope for better.
Re: How Did Igbos Achieve This? by maclatunji: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2017
uzoexcel:
back to your reply....you seem to have much more information than the average man on the street,
quick question(s),
what is wrong with the President? what ailment is he suffering from? why is he not been treated in the local hospitals like he said during his campaign speeches? what happens to the average Nigerian including you if you suffer the same ailment the president is suffering from? who would fund you? what is the medical prognosis of mr President?why is his situation shrouded in secrecy? he is not the first president in office to get ill so why the whole mystery?why did Lai mohammed lie to us months ago that the president was hale and hearty and would soon be back? this are Lai's words “I can say without any hesitation that Mr. President is well, is hale and hearty. No question about that.” was he lying to nigerians.if so he could be sued for perjury you know. Is the president still capable of functioning without his decisions compromised? and Lastly, do you think that in any other developed country that an issue like the president been out of the country for more than 3 months would linger to this point?

LOL, you obviously don't know what perjury is. The people making an issue of the President’s health currently are mostly either naive or mischievous.

The constitution anticipated a situation like this and the relevant provisions have been activated.

So, why should the president or anyone that believes in him care about the noise of those seeking to take advantage of his situation?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Buhari May Travel To US Next Week" - Presidency / Tension As Ortom Sets Up Operation Self Defence Against Fulani Herdsmen(photos) / EFCC Arrests Obasanjo And Tinubu! (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.