Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,372 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion (3185 Views)

Muslims Condmens Emir Sanusi's Daughter's Handshake With Osibanjo / Adesina Pictures With Trump Taken In May, 2017 With Osibanjo Present / NTA Network News Refers To Osibanjo As Vice-president (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
Opinion: Buhari Should Resign. Make Aisha Buhari Vice President and Swear in Osibanjo As President

Following President Buhari prolong illness it will be good for the country if Buhari decide to resign if he is not getting better within a particular period of time as being published by some news media for Aisha Buhari to be made Vice President to Osibanjo. With Osibanjo Sworn in as president. This will be a win win situation. And will also calm the polity.

This will help women course in Nigeria. It will be an opportunity for a woman to become vice president in Nigeria. And it will boost Nigeria image in the international community. And it will also help to reduce the image of Northern Nigeria as women oppressing region. This will also help to neutralise Buhari comment of she belong to my kitchen and the other room.

It is true Nigeria is not a family affair but in a situation like this we will be killing two birds with one stone.

Aisha Buhari as Vice President will be better than making any of the current power hungry governors and former governors as vice president to Osibanjo because they will be less loyal to President Osibanjo. They will be focus more on how to unseat him and become president.

Many more advanced democracy than Nigeria have witness situation where people from the same family get or almost get to the top position.

The first female president of Argentina was a former first lady Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. She took over directly from her husband. She serve two term till 2015.

The first woman to win party nomination in a major party in the United state and win the popular vote was a former first lady Hillary Clinton. This was in 2016

The bush family in the United State, father and son were both president of the country. And more than one of George Bush senior sons were governors. This was till 2008.

The first female president of South Korea Park Geun-hye was the daughter of a former President. She left office 2017.

The first female prime minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto was a daughter of a former prime minister. Pakistan is a country of 97% muslim. For those who will argue Nothern muslim cannot support her because she is a woman, parkistan has shown example. She serve twice between 1988 and 1996.

Other examples of daughters of former prime minister who became prime minister are :
Indira Gandhi of India was daughter of Jaharwal Nehru, Megawatti Sukarnoputri of Indonesia was daughter of Sukarno, Yingluck Shinawatra of Thailand was daughter of Taksin Shinawatra, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo of the Philippines was daughter of Diosdado Macapagal.

In a more extreme case Nicaragua a central America country elects husband and wife pair as president and vice-president in 2016. This was possible because the people loved the president because he succeeded in reducing poverty in Nicaragua.

For those who are more concern that she is a woman and a Muslim, The current vice president of Iran a country with more than 99% Muslim is a woman.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by writingking(m): 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
is anybody forcing you to make a post ?

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by xana101: 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
I support this cos Aisha knows the evil cabals.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
writingking:
is anybody forcing you to make a post ?

I have right to my opinion. As a citizen of this country, it is patriotic of me to be concern about the polity of the country. I am just expressing my idea of how to solve the current stalement in the polity.
Others may have much better idea. This is an open forum for Nigerians were Nigeria issues are discussed freely by the citizens.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
"as far as I know my wife isn't a politician... she belongs in my kitchen, living room and the oza room" - M. Buhari

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:
"as far as I know my wife isn't a politician... she belongs in my kitchen, living room and the oza room" - M. Buhari
Leadership is not necessary for politician. Nobody is born a politician. The current french president Emmanuel Macron was not a politician. He has never contested for any position before until the last election when he came from Nowhere and won. The same case with Donald Trump.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
life2017:

Leadership is not necessary for politician. Nobody is born a politician. The current french president Emmanuel Macron was not a politician. He has never contested for any position before until the last election when he came from Nowhere and won. The same case with Donald Trump.

The woman's husband has already told her to stay off politics!

Do you want to come between a man and his wife, Mr Afonja?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:

The woman's husband has already told her to stay off politics!

Do you want to come between a man and his wife, Mr Afonja?

Why are you taking it personal. We saw the woman campaigning all over the country during 2015 election. She should have been ban from campaigning during the election.

All the same, it is just my opinion. It is not binding on anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by eunisam: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
The same people
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nbote(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Becos Aso rock Villa is her Family house abi ancestral home??

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by RevDesm0ndJuju: 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
life2017:

Why are you taking it personal. We saw the woman campaigning all over the country during 2015 election. She should have been ban from campaigning during the election.

All the same, it is just my opinion. It is not binding on anyone.

She was campaigning for her husband and not herself and besides her husband has already forbidden her form dabbling into politics.

I ask again; do you want her to go against her husband's wishes?

And besides, why are you campaigning for her to replace her husband? Is he dead or are you now convinced he isn't well and won't be coming back ever again?

Afonja, better know that we will continue this cabal arrangement while making a fool of your last hope and your entire race of traitors till 2019!

And FYI, the only reason nobody is interested in pushing for Buhari's resignation is because nobody wants to see that pathetic manlet and manservant become a proxy President for one gbana head in Ikoyi.
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
DerideGull:

Stupidity is an opinion and you surely have one.

Please can you enlighten me on why my opinion is stupid? I will love to learn from you.
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Viergeachar: 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:

She was campaigning for her husband and not herself and besides her husband has already forbidden her form dabbling into politics.

And besides, why are you campaigning for her to replace her husband? Is he dead or are you now convinced he isn't well and won't be coming back ever again?

Afonja, better know that we will continue this cabal arrangement while making a fool of your last hope and your entire race of traitors till 2019!

And FYI, the only reason nobody is interested in pushing for Buhari's resignation is because nobody wants to see that pathetic manlet and manservant become a proxy President for one gbana head in Ikoyi.

Stop sounding like a hopeless loooonatic!

Whether PMB returns or not, Yorubas tower way above Igbos.

Igbos can never smell Osinbajo's current position in your lifetime.

cabal kor, cabal ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Viergeachar: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
life2017:

Please can you enlighten me on why my opinion is stupid? I will love to learn from you.

Are you pussssy

Come on, hit the looonatic flatiyeasterners hard and mercilessly and watch them takeoff like Ojukwu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:

So your beef is Tinibu. You should have said that from d beginning. I careless about Tinibu. And again what make you think osibanjo will be controlled by Tinubu when Osibanjo is President.

If it is that easy why was Obansanjo unable to control Yar Adua and Jonathan?

Why did Tinubu find it hard controlling Fashola? Even now we all know Fashola and Tinubu don't agree.

If it is that easy why was it difficult for Odilli to control Amaechi?

Why was it difficult for Nnamani to control gov Chime?

Why is Peter Obi currently not having control over obiano?

Let me tell you, in a presidential system once you become the president, you become the Godfather to yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by In4matic: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
This is a great idea. I've been nursing the idea for some week now and to me its a win-win situation on all fronts.

The current president will still be in the corridors of power albeit through his wife.

He'll be able to treat himself in peace.

His wife will recieve millions of supporters among womenfolk from north and even the south ( i trust our womenfolk)

It'll frustrate all the power hungry politicians circling around abuja like vultures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
In4matic:
This is a great idea. I've been nursing the idea for some week now and to me its a win-win situation on all fronts.

The current president will still be in the corridors of power albeit through his wife.

He'll be able to treat himself in peace.

His wife will recieve millions of supporters among womenfolk from north and even the south ( i trust our womenfolk)

It'll frustrate all the power hungry politicians circling around abuja like vultures
My thought exactly.
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by In4matic: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
To add to her personal qualities, she is simply humble, yet highly educated with a sound intellectual mind, Just Like Osinbajo.

Also she is not coming from the mainstream power blocs who've been trying to recycle themselves into power, again, just like Osinbajo.

I think Osinbanjo/Buhari will make a formidable/unbeatable team

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:
[s][/s]

This foolishness is what makes us call you slaves .

Is Aisha Buhari royalty to the point that she will inherit the Presidency?

You are also so myopic to think that the ultra-conservative Muslim north will want a woman to represent them in your ungodly APC govt.

This is exactly how the north started toying with the option of Yuguda as interim President to replace Yaradua after they rejected Turai.

Yuguda even went as far as marrying Yaradua's daughter in order to cement relationship with Turai to push for his interim Presidency.

If only you fools from the SW will just stop pandering to the north.

Not everything is about tribalism.
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by In4matic: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:
[s][/s]

This foolishness is what makes us call you slaves .

Is Aisha Buhari royalty to the point that she will inherit the Presidency?

You are also so myopic to think that the ultra-conservative Muslim north will want a woman to represent them in your ungodly APC govt.

This is exactly how the north started toying with the option of Yuguda as interim President to replace Yaradua after they rejected Turai.

Yuguda even went as far as marrying Yaradua's daughter in order to cement relationship with Turai to push for his interim Presidency.

If only you fools from the SW will just stop pandering to the north.

Sorry, i have little or nothing to say to uncouth semi literate kids who cannot marshal their thoughts without insulting others just because they are in an anonymous forum.

Modified: @lalasticlala, Please i think we need more mature opinion on this insightful thread and not these childish bickering lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by EmekaMD(m): 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Right
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Your foolishness must be pointed out before it becomes viral and starts another chanji epidemic.

There is no way you can sell Aisha to the north where she is from as their religion does not allow for a woman to be in a position of political authority!

You can however continue your fantasy with your myopic bunch of trousered illiterates in your diabolical SW!

BUT, you must know that Aisha will be rejected by the north.

Or how many female elected politicians have you ever seen coming from the core north?

stupidity!

APC governorship candidate in Taraba state who lost the election with a slim margin and currently a minister is woman and a Muslim from the North. Actually she got more vote from Muslims than Christian. This believe the north will not support a female president is not true.

The current vice president of Iran a country with more than 99% Muslim is a woman.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by ceaz4r(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
DerideGull:

Stupidity is an opinion and you surely have one.

What makes his opinion in this case stupid? Or are you saying he is stupid for having an opinion? He asked a very interesting question; is Aisha Buhari only good for campaigning and not good enough to hold a political office?
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by In4matic: 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
life2017:

Not everything is about tribalism.

Please Tell Them. In the event the president is declared unfit, the onus lies on Osibanjo to pick his vice. It has nothing to do with Aisha's Royalty or entitlement.
It'll douse all the mounting tension in the land and the troublemakers know it, thats why they'll start throwing insults in an attempt to derial a sound idea.
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by RevDesm0ndJuju: 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
life2017:

APC governorship candidate in Taraba state who lost the election with a slim margin and currently a minister is woman and a Muslim from the North. Actually she got more vote from Muslims than Christian. This believe the north will not support a female president is not true.

The current vice president of Iran a country with more than 90% Muslim is a woman.

Taraba is majority Christian and Jukum/Tivi.

Taraba does not fall into the category of the Caliphate north but you won't know this since you only know the country you beg and cry for unity from the pages of your useless media

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by SalamRushdie: 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
Even though this is a very stupid idea because Nigeria doesn't owe the Buhari's any single thing after how their dull Patriarch ruined this country in 2years , I know Aisha will make a better leader than Buhari because she seems a lot smarter than the legendary dullard
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Taraba is majority Christian and Jukum/Tivi.

Taraba does not fall into the category of the Caliphate north but you won't know this since you only know the country you beg and cry for unity from the pages of your useless media

Taraba is 52% Christian and 48% Muslim according to official figures. Aisha Alhansan the Apc governorship candidate in Taraba state is a Muslim and a woman. Her opponent the current governor is a man and a christian. Most Muslim In Taraba state voted her as their Governor. So the idea that northern Muslim won't support a female leader is not completely true.
Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by In4matic: 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
life2017:

The current vice president of Iran a country with more than 99% Muslim is a woman.

Please pay no mind to children without home training. It beats me how somebody who calls himself INTELLIGENT from the eastern zones will be speaking for the entire north east. North central and northwest when he is clearly not from there, was not paid to be their spokesman nor understand how their people reason.
The decison is for the acting president to take. Let the woman show what she can do for the remaining part of this tenure, then come 2019, we can postulate on what the north wants or don't want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion by RevDesm0ndJuju: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
In4matic:

Please Tell Them. In the event the president is declared unfit, the onus lies on Osibanjo to pick his vice. It has nothing to do with Aisha's Royalty or entitlement.
It'll douse all the mounting tension in the land and the troublemakers know it, thats why they'll start throwing insults in an attempt to derial a sound idea.

Rubbish as usual.

The CPC faction of the APC will decide on their own a consensus candidate which Osinbanjo MUST accept without question or he will remain acting till 2019!

This is what is causing the current political quagmire as the northern caucus is yet to decide on who to be VP and that is if they have even agreed to an Osinbanjo substantive Presidency.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE SENATE IS NOT BOTHERED ABOUT THE CURRENT QUAGMIRE? Well it so happens that Osinbanjo has wasted any little bi-partisan support he would have gotten in the Senate especially from Senators from the SS/SE and nPDP faction of the APC led by Saraki with his unnecessary squabble with the same Senate over one nonentity (Magu) that he wasn't even privy to his original nomination by Buhari.

The shadow powers in the form of retired Generals are also ready not to throw their weight towards Osinbanjo's ascent because they don't have any direct links to the manlet who they see as a mere commissioner and errand boy to one local champion from Afonja land.

As I said, every powers that be in the land is not interested in an Osinbanjo presidency and this can be seen with the obvious lie given by two serving PDP governors who never saw Buhari in London but claimed he was in good health.

The Cabal is in power and they will remain so till 2019 and they are only looking for a candidate that will save their necks after they leave office which they will support. They have already rendered Osinbanjo useless as he cannot have any influence within his own party come 2019 or even help rig the elections for Tinubu's candidate.

As things stand out now the APC is long dead for how can you explain how an already dead PDP was suddenly resurrected and is now openly waxing stronger with no anti corruption war excuse to shut them down.

The CABAL will hand over to a PDP candidate come 2019 on the agreement they go quietly in the night with their loot and necks in tact. What is delaying the arrangement is some powers that insist on El Rufai dangling from his scrawny neck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why / CBN Projects 3% GDP Growth In 2019 / BREAKING | PPPRA Staff Sacked To Pave Way For Buhari's Daughter Dies Of HBP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.