Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries (21097 Views)

Aminu Ado Bayero Is New Emir Of Kano As Ganduje Approves Appointment / Buhari Approves Appointment Of New Aides For Aisha, The First Lady / Osinbajo Approves 19 Judges For National Industrial Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by natsinta: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
another tribalistics mofo see the way he selected more of his kinsmen .I keep saying this osibanjo is more tribalistic that the vegetable soup in rondon

haha
4 of his tribe if you go through the names
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Dirkcoyt: 8:01am On Aug 10, 2017
Markfemi:

can you stip calling them one north. north west instead
why
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by seunmsg(m): 8:02am On Aug 10, 2017
adedayoa2:
He passed the exams.

About 59 directors passed and only 21 were appointed. We should be grateful he is among the lucky ones that the acting president favoured.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by wristbangle: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2017
There is nothing one can do to please some people.

The list is a fair one and their appointment is even based on merit due to the fact that the successful appointees took examination.

Yet one corrosive P and I buffoon on page 0 filled with stench of bitterness is dishing out insult on AP. I smh at some people stupidity

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by shukuokukobambi: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2017
Edu3Again:

Our people are simply begging no blood shedding as the whole country knows how blood thirsty the North is.
We said we are leaving and fear gripped you.

The North is dead weight to the South.

I'm from the SW. Settle your problems with those who gave you quit notice warranting your begging in Kaduna, Kano and even Maiduguri inspite of boko haram

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by cotmag(m): 8:06am On Aug 10, 2017
Great! Transparency is what we want.
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by skedman(m): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
another tribalistics mofo see the way he selected more of his kinsmen .I keep saying this osibanjo is more tribalistic that the vegetable soup in rondon
i thought that you people support birafuro why are you crying.
The negative effect of the agitation is more than the positive effect
-other region no longer trust the igbos again.
other region are now very careful dealing with the igbos a good example are lagos landlord.
we now see the igbos as ungrateful,arrogant

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by cosade(m): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:

The candidate from PYO's state came first in the exam if you care to know.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Sall(m): 8:15am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
please tell that to birds Yoruba are too tribalistic

Yoruba are too tribalistic you said. Are you people ever satisfied with anything you ever had. If southeast occupied the entire position you will still cry of marginalization.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by naughtyendowed(m): 8:16am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:

U just spewed trash..how many Yorubas are there? Or u v got difficulties recognizing one?

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by seunmsg(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2017
doctokwus:
If they all sat for an examination how come federal character is still reflected in the appointments?
That's just the part I don't comprehend because going through all merit based exams in Nigeria in particular,be it waec,jamb,ican,law school exams etc,there is always a tint to one ethnic group or region.
I don't get that part,or was the exam for formality purposes or just subjective and not objective?

59 directors passed across board and only 21 vacancies exist. So, the acting president had to choose 21 out of a pool of 59 qualified applicants. This is exactly how federal character was designed to work. Pool together the best from each region and apply the principle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by henryhemon(m): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2017
StOla:

I have always maintained that the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani are 2 sides of the same coin.

They both want it all, hence their constant suspicion of each other, and scheming to outdo each other like the Igbo coup and Northern return leg of 1966.

Give an Igbo man power and watch them reprise their 1960's domination of federal government appointments even outside their own region. They will make the federal character principle look like a non existent law.

Don't use some other igbos stupidity to equate all of us please. I head a place I appointed mostly non Igbos don't every one is tribalistic.
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by wildchild02: 8:30am On Aug 10, 2017
Good move

Check my signature to buy your football jerseys
Check my signature to order your football jerseys
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Markfemi: 8:30am On Aug 10, 2017
Dirkcoyt:
why

North central
North west
North east
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Sagay212: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2017
FastShipping:

You lack understanding about the civil service commission and how permanent secretaries are appointed. The most senior level 17 director in the ministry or parastatal is automatically in line to attain the level of permanent secretary once the current one vacates or retired. The president only makes or ratifies the appointment. It seems some of you have been programmed to cry wolf when there should be no reason for it.

You have plenty time explaining to an ipod pig. I'm sure the programmed idioti.c ipod pig didn't even read the names.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Kdamilola(m): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:

He's not being tribalistic, I think you are! All I could see in the list was four (4) of his kinsmen, Yoruba. So, how is that being tribalistic?! I'm not typing this to defend him as a Yoruba, but I believe many of us need lecturing on how to live harmoniously with one another!! #Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Okoyiboz3: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2017
Igbo last week, Biafran yesterday, Isreali today, Jew tomorrow, Ugandan next tomorrow, Nigerian when it is time for appointments. Worthless hungry, greedy hypocrites.

They should remove all Biafran names on that list. Let them go to Isreal and be Permanent Secretaries there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by dee02(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
Who is this vacuous troglodyte? grin

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2017
StOla:

I have always maintained that the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani are 2 sides of the same coin.

They both want it all, hence their constant suspicion of each other, and scheming to outdo each other like the Igbo coup and Northern return leg of 1966.

Give an Igbo man power and watch them reprise their 1960's domination of federal government appointments even outside their own region. They will make the federal character principle look like a non existent law.
Ignore the those jokers
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 10, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Lloydfolarin: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2017
StOla:

Did you not read about how the qualifying directors were dropped in stages based on performance at the tests?

Are you expecting Osinbajo to interfere with the civil service process and ensure the list is dominated by Igbos just to please you?

Are you not satisfied with this diverse composition, even as there are many tribes in Nigeria who are not even represented, yet an Igbo who has multiple representations on the list is complaining again?

It seems you must have it all to be satisfied.

IGBO - I Go Before Others.

No wonder the Kenneth Dike administration in UI carried out a recruitment exercise to employ 108, but employed almost only Easterners with 105 employed versus only 3 Yorubas.

Not also forgetting how a fellow Igbo Akanu Ibiam , was appointed chairman of the University Council, and ensured that Kenneth Dike was appointed as Vice Principal of UI in absentia in 1958 while he was on a sabbatical in the USA, ahead of Oladele Ajose, who was the first tenured African professor in UI and Nigeria, and one of the first Africans to hold a professorial chair on the continent. Same Oladele Ajose had been the only permanent African member during the first 6years of the university's academic board.

Yet Dike was still appointed as Principal in 1960, ahead of Ajose. That was when Oladele Ajose and some senior Yorubas in UI realized that if you're not Igbo, then no federal appointment for you in the Nigeria where Azikiwe was President with steadfast Igbo foot soldiers taking up all appointments their Northern government partners could not contest for. The senior Yorubas simply resigned from their federal appointment in UI and moved to the new Western Region owned University of Ife, with Oladele Ajose becoming the Vice Chancellor.

That is the kind of merit system championed by Igbos.

Thank you my brother

The reason why those worthless Igbos are pained and bitter is the fact that Yorubas are standing in their way of eating their cake and still have it

All they want is having everything to themselves

You need to see them under Jonathan administration, that's when i totally understood how pathetic these stupid people are. I remembered the words of Ahmadu Bello about how selfish Igbos are in 60s...

They were happy to see Igbos taking almost 70% of federal appointments under Jonathan hence their undying love for him despite all his flaws. I didn't witnessed how bad they were in 50s/60s, only read about their pathetic and selfish lifestyle back then until i witnessed their appalling behaviour during Jonathan reign in power.

I now understand that marginalisation to Igbos means they are not getting 70% to 80% appointments despite their small population compare to other regions and other small ethnic groups without any representation.

If Igbos truly hate marginalisation, you ll see them condemning what Jonathan did during his reign in power but what did we get from the fake Jews, happiness over the fact that their kinsmen were given almost 80% of federal appointments.

If you doubt how tribalistic a tribe is, don't go too far, just go to their region. There you ll find out how tribalistic these fools are.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by ettybaba(m): 9:02am On Aug 10, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
1diot. More of his kinsmen will continue to emerge if appointment is based of merit like this.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by StOla: 9:06am On Aug 10, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Thank you my brother

The reason why those worthless Igbos are pained and bitter is the fact that Yorubas are standing in their way of eating their cake and still have it

All they want is having everything to themselves

You need to see them under Jonathan administration, that's when i totally understood how pathetic these stupid people are. I remembered the words of Ahmadu Bello about how selfish Igbos are in 60s...

They were happy to see Igbos taking almost 70% of federal appointments under Jonathan hence their undying love for him despite all his flaws. I didn't witnessed how bad they were in 50s/60s, only read about their pathetic and selfish lifestyle back then until i witnessed their appalling behaviour during Jonathan reign in power.

I now understand that marginalisation to Igbos means they are not getting 70% to 80% appointments despite their small population compare to other regions and other small ethnic groups without any representation.

If Igbos truly hate marginalisation, you ll see them condemning what Jonathan did during his reign in power but what did we get from the fake Jews, happiness over the fact that their kinsmen were given almost 80% of federal appointments.

If you doubt how tribalistic a tribe is, don't go too far, just go to their region. There you ll find out how tribalistic these fools are.

Didn't you observe that during the debate over Stella Oduah's BMW fraud, they were warning Jonathan on this forum that he must not in anyway tamper with "their ministries" (Aviation, Finance, Power, Health), else they will deal with him at the re-election polls?

An Igbo man is marginalized if you share things equally with him.
An Igbo man believes only him gets an appointment on merit. All others did not merit the appointment.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Okoroawusa: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2017
Edu3Again:

Our people are simply begging no blood shedding as the whole country knows how blood thirsty the North is.
We said we are leaving and fear gripped you.

The North is dead weight to the South.
You need a realignment of brain.
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Okoroawusa: 9:18am On Aug 10, 2017
Please,please guys can we stop all these tribal analysis nonsense.

Its becoming boring.

AND IT IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Flatties: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

The transgender doesn't lack understanding. It can't understand because it lacks the capacity to. Hate has replaced the part of its psyche that handles understanding. Yoruba matter will torture it to its grave

Bros you mean oo.

Na that ipig be "it" grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Lloydfolarin: 9:30am On Aug 10, 2017
StOla:

Didn't you observe that during the debate over Stella Oduah's BMW fraud, they were warning Jonathan on this forum that he must not in anyway tamper with "their ministries" (Aviation, Finance, Power, Health), else they will deal with him at the re-election polls?

An Igbo man is marginalized if you share things equally with him.
An Igbo man believes only him gets an appointment on merit. All others did not merit the appointment.

They are jokers!

I was in a Saloon one day in London and one of these fools called Igbos started his stupidity by claiming marginalisation

If you see the way the guy was shouted on and embarrassed by other Nigerians, you ll pity him. He left in shame

They have been programmed with that marginalisation mentality

In 50s/60s, Northerners allowed both Yorubas and Igbos to take up most of their appointments in civil service commission without any prejudice or tribal issues but before we knew it, Igbos began to call them all sort of derogatory names

The Northerners even gave us lands to build houses and businesses until Igbos came and destroyed what they lacked from birth which are respect and decorum.

They killed all the Northerners and Yorubas' elites in politics and military during Igbo coup but left all their own without any single bullet shot at their own politicians.

How do you explain a coup filled with 96% Yorubas officers that got 70% Igbos politicians and military officers killed and 30% Northerners but claimed it was a revolutionary coup?

Does it make any sense to allow Okpara, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Senate president(All Igbos) who were part of the corrupt government(at least that was the excuse for the coup) to live but killed people who have no power at the federal level?

Who became the president as a result of this coup? Igbo man

What did Igbo man do as soon as he became a president?

He took all the coup plotters to the East prison. And refused to kill them contrary to Military procedure.

What else did he do as an Igbo man, he forced Unitary system of government on us and destroyed our flourishing regional system of govt

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Paulagada: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2017
ThankGod for dr Akpan Sunday Edet, He perform creditably well as a director cash management federal ministry of finance
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by Oblang(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2017
Nbote:
If Buhari had been around I'm very sure d computer based test and other criteria would have been bypassed.. Kudos to Osinbande...

Abeg those of u shouting Ibo dis and dat already, do u guys slip and wake up renewing ur hatred every morning?? One guy comments and suddenly d Ibo insult bandwagon resumes.. All of u are bunch of hypocrites and no different.. Kip looking for every avenue to display ur hatred, let's see where dat gets u...

Why not caution that ur brother that started it on this thread...why do u always cry...
Re: Osinbajo Approves Appointment Of 21 Permanent Secretaries by StOla: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

They are jokers!

I was in a Saloon one day in London and one of these fools called Igbos started his stupidity by claiming marginalisation

If you see the way the guy was shouted on and embarrassed by other Nigerians, you ll pity him. He left in shame

They have been programmed with that marginalisation mentality

In 50s/60s, Northerners allowed both Yorubas and Igbos to take up most of their appointments in civil service commission without any prejudice or tribal issues but before we knew it, Igbos began to call them all sort of derogatory names

The Northerners even gave us lands to build houses and businesses until Igbos came and destroyed what they lacked from birth which are respect and decorum.

They killed all the Northerners and Yorubas' elites in politics and military during Igbo coup but left all their own without any single bullet shot at their own politicians.

How do you explain a coup filled with 96% Yorubas officers that got 70% Igbos politicians and military officers killed and 30% Northerners but claimed it was a revolutionary coup?

Does it make any sense to allow Okpara, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Senate president(All Igbos) who were part of the corrupt government(at least that was the excuse for the coup) to live but killed people who have no power at the federal level?

Who became the president as a result of this coup? Igbo man

What did Igbo man do as soon as he became a president?

He took all the coup plotters to the East prison. And refused to kill them contrary to Military procedure.

What else did he do as an Igbo man, he forced Unitary system of government on us and destroyed our flourishing regional system of govt

It was reported that some days after the January 1966 coup with Aguiyi Ironsi now in power, Cyprian Ekwensi and some Igbos stormed a Northern region owned news media and took over, stating that "we are now in power".

This was done despite the regional autonomy that still existed at that time, showing that federal power was not a enough for the insatiable Igbos. They wanted to dominate affairs at the centre and at the regions.

Little wonder when Ironsi eventually proclaimed the unitary decree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Independence Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service, Abuja / Lagos State Government Donates Power-Bikes, World Class Equipment To LRU Unit / INEC will soon release report on PVCs found buried, it’ll be shocking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.