Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? (28254 Views)

White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) / HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by babythug(f): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2017
yvelchstores:
There is no woman that can't be tamed! When you see a woman spinning out of control, the husband isn't taking his place. We women need to be taught. For some, not strictly for others, with an iron fist. No body Shld quote me cos I don't say beat her. Thank u.

Ah!!! In this 2017? shocked
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by darlenese(f): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

My wife to be's character has been terrible since we did our trad. Now I dont know if I should halt my wedding plans slated for this Saturday.

Her and her family are very domineering and rude. She shouts at me at the top of her voice and does not respect me. I have done Trad and Court wedding. what can I do for God's sake

for your information u are formally, legally and authentically married already, wedding is just like the icing on the cake in case u dnt know. so stop saying my wife to be.

work on ur marriage.

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Jahblessme: 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
This man again grin grin grin
I guess you didn't receive the answer you wanted on your other thread and you created this one.

Go and wear red pant.your case no get cure

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Greatzeus(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

My wife to be's character has been terrible since we did our trad. Now I dont know if I should halt my wedding plans slated for this Saturday.

Her and her family are very domineering and rude. She shouts at me at the top of her voice and does not respect me. I have done Trad and Court wedding. what can I do for God's sake
You have done traditional wedding and court,guy you are married already grin white wedding is just a formality,like a stamp we put on our wedding,to tell ourselves that it is blessed by God.
Brace yourself,you've entered one chance already grin

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
Evaberry:
didn't you court her?

Didn't you spend time with her family to know how she relates with them

didn't you befriend her brothers and her friends

didn't your friends and family spend time with her..

Did you ask your loved ones opinion before marrying her?
.have you asked her what the problem is, why she has temper issues. ..

My friend leave Nairaland face your home, solve your problems yourself and stop disturbing us

You have serious issues

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by YabaLeftist: 8:29am On Aug 12, 2017
No, don't.

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Ishilove: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

Lol. Ti e ba e. She is already your wife in the eyes of man, God and the law of the land. You paid her bride price, come do court wedding join, so don't you know church wedding is just a formality?

She is your wife, Mr Man, and you can't escape it. Your best bet is to nip any fuckracious behaviour in the bud and work out your differences.

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Sleyanya1(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by LordKO(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2017
@OP

I read through your previous post on this same family issue. Believe you me when I say both of you are not of the same ethical leanings, thus, you are not compatible and shouldn't have been more than se.x mates least of becoming husband and wife - yes, you are already married, so you should be talking about whether to mend fences with your wife or to divorce her, not asking whether to go on with a marriage with her or not as the thread headline reads.

Both of you have attitudinal problems, no mutual trust and respect for each other. So, I wonder why both of you agreed to marry each other in the first place.

Well, I advised that you should put a hold on the church marriage ceremony for now. You as a natural head of the family, kindly adopt a complete change of attitude. Embrace goodness and practice same towards your wife in particular and every other person you have encounter with. After you do this for about one month, if your wife is woman with some atom of virtuousness in her, she would automatically emulate your new found lifestyle without you talking her into embracing it.

However, if she's the naturally small-minded type of person, she would sure be on her old irritating attitudes, so at this juncture, politely call her to order by taking her to an outing and in the cause of the merriment mood, tell her about the change in attitudes you expect from her, using yourself as a case study. Make it clear to her at this point that she has the choice to embrace goodness to remain married to you or you separate from her if she insists on exhibiting negative attitudes - this should be a promise to be kept not a threat or warning.

After you have achieved the above feat and maintained your new found goodness attitudes, start to observe her. If she changes for good, there and then you have gotten yourself a union of two noble class people - you can then go ahead with your church marriage ceremony - however if you observed that she failed to heed to your appeal, then, my man go for separation or divorce. Marriage should be enjoyed not endured.

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by madridsta007(m): 11:52am On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

You should have stopped a since.
Marriage is a lifetime contract. You go in and you stay in. You can't go in and come out. These are strong reasons to stay out of this particular lady.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Amajerry83(m): 11:53am On Aug 12, 2017
Una don marry already na. The white wedding no mean say una neva marry. By the way is she an Ijaw girl?
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sukkot: 11:53am On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

RUNNNNNNN grin

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sweatlana: 11:53am On Aug 12, 2017
You are already married joor.

You that is complaining, how good is your own character?

What is making her shout? Abi did u marry mad woman?

Tell us what she is shouting about. Don't come and play the victim card!

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by MissRaine69(f): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2017
I am sure you had doubts beforehand but somehow felt compelled to do this. This has been going on for some time but it has now became unbearable don't say " her character has been terrible since the traditional wedding". You saw things you did not like but ignored them or chose to explain them.
Did you not meet her family over time? There where signs but love can make us blind to the obvious. My nephew was in a similar situation as yours on the day of the church wedding while the ceremony was taking place he got up and walked out.

I am not saying it was right what he did but what I am saying if it does not feel right stop now don't leave it and hope for the best. Resolve it. Postpone if you have to but one thing you must not to is live with regret. Regret lasts a life time and it will eat you up from the inside.

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Jabioro: 11:55am On Aug 12, 2017
Sorry dude you bought faulted bicycle.. is either you do away with it or you stay in servitude mode forever..
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2017
Even if u can put up with bad character, you should cancel the marriage for the sake of your children. Children are closer to their mothers naturally and will pick up her bad attitude effortlessly. We need a world that is safe you, us and our children.

Sgt Ponzi Hater.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Ishilove: 11:56am On Aug 12, 2017
Eketem:
You have been lamenting since yet you went ahead to get LEGALLY married.

You will lament people will advice you will return and continue drama.

You keep comparing her mentally with your ex, your parents who approved of this one because of tribe should you how to manage this one. Leave Nairaland alone with your constant lamentations.

You are legally married for your information, church wedding is merely blessing.

https://www.nairaland.com/3710027/should-break-off-engagement-go

I wonder what attracted him to her in the first place with all these yeye complaints. You see fire yet walk into it with your eyes wide open, so why are you now complaining?

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by david22uu(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2017
Bro from experience... run!!!!#!#

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by exlinkleads(f): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2017
if she is pregnant, make her a babymama

if she is not, run for your dear life

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sukkot: 11:57am On Aug 12, 2017
lecturerdabo:
Sorry beloved!

YOU ARE MARRIED ALREADY!!

Wedding is just a religious ceremony or better still, dedication of marriage to God to get His blessing!!!
well we dont know if he has had sex with her now. so we cant know for a fact if he is married to her or not
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by holyboii: 11:58am On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

did the wedding go on?
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by RZArecta(m): 11:58am On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

forget long talk, run for your life. You can't teach an old dog new tricks neither can a leopard change it's spots. She'll never get a good character again after marriage if she didn't have one before marriage. A word is enough for the wise

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by muller101(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2017
Get a divorce. That's the only way u can get ur bachelor's degree back.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by sweatlana: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
MissRaine69:
Walk away. A marriage in chains is not a marriage. You will feel guilty but guilt will fade with time. Regret on the other hand will last a lifetime.
Walk away from what? He is already married.

This is not boyfriend and girlfriend matter o

If he doesn't want the marriage again there are things that must be done!

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by aikyg(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
Oga, you are married already ooo. At this point, you either settle your domestic problem like a man or you start talking to your lawyer about the possibility of getting a divorce. However, that's probably not gonna be an easy journey. Asking a court to dissolve your marriage over a minor disagreement with your wife and her family could be almost impossible.

Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
Evaberry:
didn't you court her?

Didn't you spend time with her family to know how she relates with them

didn't you befriend her brothers and her friends

didn't your friends and family spend time with her..

Did you ask your loved ones opinion before marrying her?
.have you asked her what the problem is, why she has temper issues. ..

My friend leave Nairaland face your home, solve your problems yourself and stop disturbing us
Follow This Advice
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by Reference(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

Suspend it. Your courtship is not over yet and a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage. Sort out this matter before going before a judge.
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by johnson232: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
PaperLace:
Dear OP,

The early days of most marriages are like this. One person will always see the other as a demon, while painting him/herself as the angel. You are not an angel, I am sure your wife would sound just as bitter as you, if she creates her own thread. What you have to do is win your wife to your side. Once you genuinely win your wife to your side, she would handle her family.

Captain your ship as best as you can _all with the dignity of a king.
Wetin this one dey write? undecided

What do u mean by most marriages?
Early days of marriages aren't riddled by troubles, advise like yours made weak men like op that are incapable of making their own decisions to end up with overbearing women...Early days of most marriages are filled with love, at that early stage the love is still intoxicating the couples, troubles start setting in at the later stage. If op is already sensing trouble at this stage, it is better he halt's every further action before kids start coming in....the further they go, the more complicated & more messier it becomes....
Re: Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? by lelvin(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
We don't have answers for you. Go to the person that adviced you to marry her before using common sense.

I Am So Worried About My 5-year Old Son / 6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / White Men Are Better Than Black Men!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58