Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? (4621 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / Dating Someone With Bad Teeth! / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2010
[size=13pt]some pple amaze me i was talking to a friend's brother last nite,he has been in a relationship for six years now
so i asked him wen he was going to make it officia,l dat we wan chop wedding rice o only for bro to shock me
he said "who will marry anne ?? not me as soon as am ready to marry i ll find my bride"
to say i was shocked is understating wat i felt, this guy acts as if she is his world,they live together do everything together even run the same account
they are planning to open a hangout spot together and yet he does not have future plans for her
Geez to think innocent Aunty Anne doesn't know a thing even refers to him as "my husband ". . .[/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by ayettymama(f): 5:53pm On Feb 14, 2010
eeeeya

alot of men do it

its a shame the women dont open thier eyes and smell the cofee

there are soo many aunty annies in this word!

i cant even date for soo long!
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by Tatase(f): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2010
Personally, I can't do it. I consider it a waste of both our times. If I know for sure it's not going anywhere, then why invest so much time and effort and energy into something that's going nowhere??

But I know lots of people male and female who are in relationships just for the sake of being in a relationship (or for the "intimacy" or because they're used to the partner in a "the-devil-you-know. . ." sort of way) even though they know it's not going anywhere.

A lot of people cannot be single o. . . So they have their person who they're just with for the time being either so they're not alone or because they actually do like the person but there are too many obstacles (usually to do with family or religion or culture or something) that are in the way of it ever leading to marriage.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2010
[size=13pt]i just really pity her she is so lovely and beautiful i dunno why he cannot marry her o
cos he dinna give any tangible reason just dat he can't marry her
and to think they are age mates who knows maybe he ll just wake up three years from now and just tell her he cant marry her
and by that time her biological clock woulda ticked past good marriage she 'll prolly have to settle for less
too bad[/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by maximized(m): 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2010
He is the one putting on the shoes and he alone knows where it hurts. It’s pathetic sha because women have expiry date when it comes to marriage. Now what are you going to do to save a sister from this imminent misfortune, spill the beans?
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2010
maximized:

He is the one putting on the shoes and he alone knows where it hurts. It’s pathetic sha because women have expiry date when it comes to marriage. Now what are you going to do to save a sister from this imminent misfortune, spill the beans?

[size=13pt]nope
it aint none of ma buisness only thing i can do which am doing is begging him to reconsider
or break it off with her if he is really sure he wont walk her down the aisle
told his sister to talk to him too
thats all i can do o [/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by hackney(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2010
@poster.

Nope, once almost got stuck in similar situation.
At some point i just thought : phuck it , im out.
Its a waste of time and potential partners will think u r taken.
Its actually dangerous grin to be stuck in that scene.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by lgboks(m): 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]nope
it aint none of ma buisness only thing i can do which am doing is begging him to reconsider
or break it off with her if he is really sure he wont walk her down the aisle
told his sister to talk to him too
thats all i can do o [/size]
you see now you are talking.
some guys can be stupid u know, they don't know that KARMA IS REAL!!!
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by H2O2: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2010
Nope. Won't bother. Waste of time.
Maybe uncle doesn't wanna be alone grin
or he hasn't found a replacement toto yet
either way waste of precious time
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2010
[size=13pt]i personally wont date a guy for donkey years
it gets boring and the sparks dissappear even before we do the introductions
but guys can be wicked o his folks know this chic o and vice-versa
evrybody is just waiting for them to make it official and now this [/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by H2O2: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2010
Would marriage now make the sparks appear?
Dating is what you make of it.
If you continue to systemically ignite and re-light the sparks as you go along, there's no reason to be bored.
Moreover, the more enduring relationships are ones where the lovers grow into the best of friends.

It's not only guys that are wicked - ladies too.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2010
[size=13pt]I'd rather date someone for say 2-3yrs and we get married and let the sparks work itself from the courtship into the marriage
those who do the 6,7,8yrs courtship get bored and if one of them happens to meet someone new who prolly does the same thing the partner does
would get carried away because the lil' excitement from such person ll bring sparks back and then they leave their life-long partner its just not it for me [/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by adauche2: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2010
It happens, it is a vicious cycle. Then whoever he finally settles down with would not love him as much. It is life but I hope she realizes sooner than later.

What men fail to realize is, its always better for a woman to love you more! Women will always get chatted up by men but if she love you, it will be harder for her to stray. Uncle know what his doing I believe.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by spoilt(f): 2:55am On Feb 15, 2010
Guys do this all the time. Its unfair to trifle with another's emotions and indeed their future.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by vivaladiva(f): 3:20am On Feb 15, 2010
pls how old is auntie ann
no offence but auntie ann is a fool
as the song goes, he can kiss u where the sun shine, but pls dont let him waste ur time
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 9:03am On Feb 15, 2010
vivaladiva:

pls how old is auntie ann
no offence but auntie ann is a fool
as the song goes, he can kiss u where the sun shine, but pls dont let him waste your time

[size=13pt]she should be in her very late twenties cos he is too and i know they are in the same age group
i wouldn't tag her a fool cos she has met his family and maybe that has given her some sort of assurance
its just going to be painful whenever he decides to leave her and she is really going to hate us all
even yours truly who is not family[/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by vivaladiva(f): 9:08am On Feb 15, 2010
ok ooooauntie annie is coool, i wish her all the best----pls let me know wen he finally dumps her so i cn gloat---jst kiddin
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2010
lollol wouldn't that be silly?

no by the way
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by H2O2: 10:54am On Feb 15, 2010
i don't wanna date someone i don't see myself marrying. i don't date just for the heck of it. utter waste of time and effort.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by smooooooth: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2010
shit happens, dating is way diff from marriage, but ur friends situation is a little suspect, they live 2geder, share same account, planning to open a joint 2geder, and he doesnt wanna marry here. i doubt, he is up to something. i just op he is not trying to woo u? undecided
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by ravenzord(m): 10:58am On Feb 15, 2010
6 frigging years   Talk about waste of time. . .pathetic.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by Kx: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2010
a lady should be able to ask the simple questions and get direct answers.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by MissyB1(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2010
I wouldn't go into a relationship with someone I don't see as a potential husband.
It's Like building a House in the air. Waste of ma precious time.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by TeeJay6(m): 11:14am On Feb 15, 2010
nope, its a waste of everybody's time, and can be emotionally tasking especially as it leads to nowhere eventually
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by henryhemon(m): 11:19am On Feb 15, 2010
I have seen that happen,i think its 12yrs and the dude is living with another woman and the lady is worst of it,she's a good woman in all ramfications but i just don't understand why the dude walked away,she's trying to find her feet now.its a complete and total waste of time,energy and ruining of one's life.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by Emmyz: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2010
Nothing spoil, you can just have fun with him or her. just for the moment.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]some pple amaze me i was talking to a friend's brother last nite,he has been in a relationship for six years now
so i asked him wen he was going to make it officia,l dat we wan chop wedding rice o only for bro to shock me
he said "who will marry anne ?? not me as soon as am ready to marry i ll find my bride"
to say i was shocked is understating wat i felt, this guy acts as if she is his world,they live together do everything together even run the same account
they are planning to open a hangout spot together and yet he does not have future plans for her
Geez to think innocent Aunty Anne doesn't know a thing even refers to him as "my husband ". . .[/size]

That man got to be joking maybe he doesn't want people to know that he's getting married to anne.

If he doesn't marry her, well, I think those are the kind of guys that suffer at last from the course they gets from the ladies they wasted their time and their body.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by r231(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
6 yrs
and he is still with her. maybe you should talk to him again to let dat woman go since he dosen't have any plans to marry her haba
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by googles: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2010
smooooooth:

poo happens, dating is way diff from marriage, but your friends situation is a little suspect, they live 2geder, share same account, planning to open a joint 2geder, and he doesnt wanna marry here. i doubt, he is up to something. i just op he is not trying to woo u? undecided

[size=13pt]i doubt, he cant do that am like family his sister and i have been friends for like eighteen years most times we call ourselves cousins sef so i know he is not upto games . . . . . . he said she is a good girl but just doesnt see a future with her or her being the mother of his kids. i dont know its pains me for her[/size]
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by lgboks(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]i doubt, he cant do that am like family his sister and i have been friends for like eighteen years most times we call ourselves cousins sef so i know he is not upto games . . . . . . he said she is a good girl but just doesnt see a future with her or her being the mother of his kids. i dont know its pains me for her[/size]
maybe just maybe he is leaving her for you grin grin grin ;Di mean u are like not family wink wink wink
googles:

[size=13pt]I'd rather date someone for say 2-3yrs and we get married and let the sparks work itself from the courtship into the marriage
those who do the 6,7,8yrs courtship get bored and if one of them happens to meet someone new who prolly does the same thing the partner does
would get carried away because the lil' excitement from such person ll bring sparks back and then they leave their life-long partner its just not it for me [/size]
dat means u will have to get divorce a lot grin grin grin grin try to stay put smiley smiley wink wink wink
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by H2O2: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
lgboks:

dat means u will have to get divorce a lot grin grin grin grin try to stay put smiley smiley wink wink wink
Maybe not that bad, but that's a it along the lines of the point I made earlier. Accelerating to marriage because you're afraid to lose the thrill of love in your dating phases is a setup for a not so wondrous marriage. If she's afraid the love will diminish and sparks will stop flying after a few years, how will she be sure that after getting married she won't be bored 5 years down the line?

I don't think she should spend gazillions of years dating either, but expediting dating out of that fear of losing the feeling of "being in love" is not the right reason to get married in my o.
Re: Can You Spend Years Dating Someone You Know You Can Never Marry ? by lgboks(m): 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2010
H2O2:

Maybe not that bad, but that's a it along the lines of the point I made earlier. Accelerating to marriage because you're afraid to lose the thrill of love in your dating phases is a setup for a not so wondrous marriage. If she's afraid the love will diminish and sparks will stop flying after a few years, how will she be sure that after getting married she won't be bored 5 years down the line?

I don't think she should spend gazillions of years dating either, but expediting dating out of that fear of losing the feeling of "being in love" is not the right reason to get married in my o.
more kudos to u bro cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Want To De-flower Her! / Wonderful But Real / Guys! Which One Do You Prefer?(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.