Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (4699 Views)

The New 3 Wise Men In Lagos. PICS / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited / Feminist Nkechi Bianze Describes Women Killing Their Husband As Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by enemyofprogress: 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
Not every man can take the disappointing and humiliation from NIgeria wives imported to America. Wives killers on rampage in the US
An Epidemic: Nigerian Men Killing Their Nurse Wives In America "Yes, I have killed the woman that messed up my life; the woman that has destroyed me. I am at Shalom West. My name is David and I am all yours.” Those were David Ochola’s words during his 911 (U.S. Emergency Number) call to authorities after shooting dead, his 28 years old wife, Priscilla Ochola, in Hennepin, Minnesota.
The 50-years old, husband was tired of being “disrespected” by his wife, a Registered Nurse (RN) whom he had brought from Nigeria and sponsored through nursing school only to have her make much more than him in salary - a situation which led to Mrs. Ochola “coming and going as she chose without regard for her husband.”
The couple had two children – four years old boy and a three year old girl.

In Texas, Babajide Okeowo had been separated from his wife, Funke Okeowo, with whom he resided at their Dallas home. Upon the divorce, the husband lost the house to his wife, along with most of the contents therein, as is usually the tradition in the U.S. Divorces where the couple still has underage children.
Mr. Okeowo, 48, divorced his wife because not long after she became an RN and made more money than him, she “took control” of the family finances and “controlled” her husband’s expenditure and movement.
The husband could no longer make any meaningful contribution to his family back in Nigeria unless the wife “approved” it. He could not go out without her permission. Frustrated that his formerly malleable wife had suddenly become such a “terror” to him to the point of asking for in court and getting virtually everything for which he had worked since coming to the US thirty years prior, the husband got in his vehicle and drove a few hundred miles to Dallas to settle the scores.
He found her in her SUV, adorned in full Nigerian attire on her way to the birthday bash organized in her honor. She had turned 46 on that day. Mr. Okeowo fired several rounds into his wife’s torso while she sat at the steering wheel, mercilessly killing her in broad daylight.

Also in Dallas (they sure need anger management classes in Dallas), Moses Egharevba, 45, did not even bother to get a gun. The husband of Grace Egharevba, 35, bludgeoned her to death with a sledge hammer while their seven year old daughter watched and screamed for peace.
Mrs. Egharevba’s “sin” was that she became an RN and started to make more money than her husband. This led to her “financial liberation” from a supposedly tight-fisted husband who had not only brought her from Nigeria, but had also funded her nursing school education.

Like Moses Egharevba, Christopher Ndubuisi of Garland, Texas, (these Texas people!) also did not bother to get a gun. He crept into the bedroom where his wife, Christiana, was sleeping and, with several blows of the sledge hammer, crushed her head.
Two years before Christiana was killed, her mother, who had been visiting from Nigeria, was found dead in the bathtub under circumstances believed to be suspicious.
Of course, Christiana was a RN whose income dwarfed that of her husband as soon as she graduated from nursing school. The husband believed that his role as a husband and head of the household had been usurped by his wife.
Mr. Ndubuisi’s several entreaties to his wife’s family to intercede and bring Christiana back under his control had all failed.
If the circumstances surrounding the death of Christiana’s mother were suspicious, those surrounding the death of a Tennessee woman’s mother were not. Agnes Nwodo, an RN, lived in squalor before her husband, Godfrey Nwodo, rescued her and brought her to the US. He enrolled her in nursing school right away. Upon qualifying as a RN, Mrs. Nwodo assumed “full control” of the household. She brought her mother to live with them against her husband’s wishes. Mrs. Nwodo quickly familiarized herself with US Family Laws and took full advantage of them.
Each time the couple argued, the police forced the husband to leave the house whether he had a place to sleep or not. On many occasions, Mr. Nwodo spent days in police cells. Upon divorcing his wife, Mr. Nwodo lost to his wife, the house he had owned for almost 20 years before he married her.
He also lost custody of their three children to her, with the court awarding him only periodic visitation rights. Even seeing the children during visitation was always a hassle as the wife would “arrive late at the neutral meeting place and leave early with impunity.”
Mr. Nwodo endured so many embarrassing moments from his wife and her mother until he could take it no more. One day, he bought himself a shotgun and killed both his wife and her mother.

Caleb Onwudike’s wife, Chinyere Onwudike, 36, became a RN and no longer saw the need to be controlled by her husband. Mr. Onwudike, 41, worked two jobs to send his wife to her dream school upon bringing her to the US from Nigeria. After four years, she qualified as an RN. Once she started to make more money than her husband, she began to “call the shots” at home. She “overruled” her husband on the size and cost of the house they purchased in Burtonsville, Maryland. She began to build a house solely in her name in their native Umuahia town of Abia State, Nigeria, without her husband’s input whatsoever.
Mrs. Onwudike came and went “as she liked,” within the US and outside the US. In fact, she once travelled to Nigeria for three weeks “without her husband’s permission” to lavishly bury her father, despite her husband’s protestations that they had better things to do with the money.
Mrs. Onwudike let her husband know that this was mostly her money and she would spend it however she wanted. Through her hard work, she had risen to a managerial position at the medical center where she worked.
Upon her return from burying her father, her husband got one of her kitchen knives and carved her up like a Thanksgiving turkey inside their home on New Year’s Day.
Death is death, no matter how it comes. But the goriest of these maniacal killings is probably the one that happened here in Los Angeles, California.

Joseph Mbu, 50, was tired of his RN wife’s “serial disrespect” of him. The disrespect began as soon as she became a RN. Gloria Mbu, 40, had once told her husband he must be “smoking crack cocaine” if he thought he could tell her what to do with her money now that she made more money than him.
Before she became a RN, Mr. Mbu had been very strict with family finances and was borderline dictatorial in his dealings with Mrs. Mbu. However, Mrs. Mbu learned the American system and would no longer allow any man to “put her down.” When Joseph Mbu could not take it anymore, he subdued his wife one day, tied her to his vehicle and dragged her on paved roads all around Los Angeles until her head split in many pieces.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Afonjas and Igbos , Oya do the ratio , velocity and displacement.
We the neutrals will step aside to laugh small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by spinna: 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
So who do we blame? If you read the autobio of Malcolm X u will learn that America always tries to break black families, but in this case i would say loveis what matters, importing a wife to America is not the best because for d wife its a transaction not a romance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by BLACKdagger: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hm wait ooh..
Did they plan it?. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2017
grin
taoheedoriloye:
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by aolawale025: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
Most women "open eye" when taken overseas. And they use the laws there to their advantage to the detriment of the man that suffered to bring them over and up

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
aolawale025:
Most women "open eye" when taken overseas. And they use the laws there to their advantage to the detriment of the man that suffered to bring them over and up

So that then justifies murdering them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by wickyyolo: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
My mother has been telling not to marry Nigerian woman. Now I can see why

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
Sad stories betrayal and murder everywhere

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by UGLEEBOI: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
taoheedoriloye:

It is general knowledge dat the wannabe Jews from potor republic
Dominate any crime news because that's the only thing they're good at...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by wins18(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
does it mean that one has to leave his wife behind, but how then do they cope without cheating.
Imagine leaving the woman at home for some years and you think say body na firewood, all this long distance relationships get as e be sef,this situation is just like being 'between the devil and the raging inferno'.
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
wickyyolo:
My mother has been telling not to marry Nigerian woman. Now I can see why

Because you cannot control yourself?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ajepako(f): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Vickrotex, funjosh... Come oh

Our salaro Don open thread..

Carry chairs and mat come..

I go supply zobo and akara

Without giving babangbali/enemyofprogress
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Annie939(f): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
are you serious....... ?
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ThatCEO: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
I know it goes against logic n it makes no sense, but don't take a Nigerian woman overseas as a wife. Use the facts that you see and your brain, and play safe. Why?

1. You don't get to know the girl before marrying her. You marry based on recommendations and she will form the good girl until she crosses the border.

2. Some will say white girls can't cook Nigerian food. But YouTube has solved your problem, enough cooking videos. In fact, cooking used to top the list of skills I want in a wife, but I have since relegated it when I discovered that it is actually fun to cook.

3. Too much negative influence from families, unending requests, n juju. She also wants to show off to her friends that she is a happening girl in emelika. It is only in Nigeria that you meet a girl at 3am and you can't talk to her because she fit go change become Mami water or even ogbanje, but for outside, for wia

4. My people are naturally greedy and ungrateful. Better for an oyinbo girl to fxxk you up than a black girl who you have heavily invested in.

5. Don't carry a girl who hasn't seen correct money as an overseas wife. Money has a way of corrupting the soul especially in this current exchange rate cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by wickyyolo: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
ezeagu:

Because you cannot control yourself?

Anger management
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Funjosh(m): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
ajepako:
Vickrotex, funjosh... Come oh

Our salaro Don open thread..

Carry chairs and mat come..

I go supply zobo and akara

Without giving babangbali/enemyofprogress

Whenever he is not high on his Jamaican weed, he brings some reasonable talk to the house tongue
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
ThatCEO:
I know it goes against logic n it makes no sense, but don't take a Nigerian woman overseas as a wife. Use the facts that you see and your brain, and play safe. Why?

1. You don't get to know the girl before marrying her. You marry based on recommendations and she will form the good girl until she crosses the border.

2. Some will say white girls can't cook Nigerian food. But YouTube has solved your problem, enough cooking videos. In fact, cooking used to top the list of skills I want in a wife, but I have since relegated it when I discovered that it is actually fun to cook.

3. Too much negative influence from families, unending requests, n juju. She also wants to show off to her friends that she is a happening girl in emelika. It is only in Nigeria that you meet a girl at 3am and you can't talk to her because she fit go change become Mami water or even ogbanje, but for outside, for wia

4. My people are naturally greedy and ungrateful. Better for an oyinbo girl to fxxk you up than a black girl who you have heavily invested in.

5. Don't carry a girl who hasn't seen correct money as an overseas wife. Money has a way of corrupting the soul especially in this current exchange rate cheesy

Or maybe just don't murder your wife.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ThatCEO: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
ezeagu:

Or maybe just don't murder your wife.

I don't support their actions but if you look at how those woman were murdered, there was a lot of cruelty n revenge in the action. They could have sent someone to carry out the job but they wanted the woman to see them as she gradually passes out. I assure you, non of those men had any intention of murder. People were pushed to wall, no wife, no house, no child. It's a very bad situation to be.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2017
Lesson learnt - dont send your gf to nursing school. Register her in dish washing class soon as the bytch touch feet in US.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by THUNDER4real(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
WICKEDNESS....Especially on the side of the ladies...It's better to remain single hustling in US than to marry your worst nightmare...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Ngokafor(f): 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
ThatCEO:

Noise-makers!!

After this noise from you lots,the young White-ladies still rejects you all,leaving you to make do with with your Great-Grand mothers age-mates as spouses..

While the Nigerian ladies you all denegrate here keeps getting married to young,handsome Whitemen back to back...You guys have no game so shift..

Empty noise-makers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2017
Make i tell my brothers, open yourears, for america their biggest problem na tax and bills so the women always looking for someone to help their bills. I dont cre if you are 80yrs old, if you hustle and get ya money the 20yr old girl sef want be your wife and born pikin for you. I swear. So why you spend all the money import woman and then spend more money train her go school and all these time na you dey pay house bill o. Abeg find 20yr old black american girl. They are tired of america and want come africa sef. Help them and they hrlp you.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ngokafor:

Noise-makers!!

After this noise from you lots,the young White-ladies still rejects you all,leaving you lots to make do with with your Great-Grand mothers age-mates as spouses..

While the Nigerian ladies you all denegrate here keeps getting married to young,handsome Whitemen back to back...You guys have no game so shift..

Empty noise-makers.

Who get time for oyiib. Oyibo pussy wey don stale for cold weather. Na black american, akata na hin be good pussy if you want fvk american. I tell u

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 13, 2017
ezeagu:

So that then justifies murdering them.

Yes. Its wicked for anybody to betray the person that bring them abroad some even go to the extent of sending the guy to jail and taking everything he had worked for. It aint easy here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ThatCEO: 2:19am On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=Ngokafor post=59418967]

Noise-makers!!

After this noise from you lots,the young White-ladies still rejects you all,leaving you to make do with with your Great-Grand mothers age-mates as spouses..

Empty noise-makers.[/quote

I know this my sound alien to you but I am talking based on hard facts. I have not praised white ladies, I am just saying it is easier to move on with your life after a white girl. And even if I praise a white girl, they are way better than a typical Nigerian girl. That's another story on its own. I have also not told guys to completely stay away, they just need to improve their vetting process.

If you have a valid argument, I will like to hear them but stop shouting.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Sebastine1994(m): 2:33am On Aug 13, 2017
Such a sad story. We see his happening daily. Newspaper always Carry the news. The foreign based wife no longer succumb to the dictates of their men? What is happening
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by TEYA: 2:46am On Aug 13, 2017
For NCAN members who find the passage too bulky, here is the summary.
David Ochola, Babajide Okeowo, Moses Egharevba, Christopher Ndubuisi, Godfrey Nwodo, Caleb Onwudike, Joseph Mbu
Well what can I say? Federal character was really applied here! Ochola (sounds idoma - middle belt), Okeowo (yoruba), Egharevba (Edo - South south) and (Ndubuisi, Nwodo, Onwudike and Mbu - South east). Hausa is missing in the equation. Why! But come, how comes igbo alone carry four slots? All hail the jews, the conquerors of indonesia, malaysia, Singapore, Amelica etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by meezynetwork(m): 5:23am On Aug 13, 2017
Egwu di kwa
Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by seunny4lif(m): 5:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Not only in America
It's happening in Europe
The law protect woman more than man
Why will I import woman to Europe or Advance country
Marry the one over there not import chinese product woman

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Ryabcool(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2017
To marry dey seriously fear me sef. I don see too many things to still think marriage is the ultimate bliss. These days, to be a wealthy single daddy no seem like a bad thing o cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2017
the bottom line of the whole issue is the difference in the societal law of both countries. Mind you, nothing can be done just don't take them to US

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Houston Texas Flood Goes From Bad To Worse / Where Did Tinubu Get The Money To Buy A Private Jet? / Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.