Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick (5974 Views)

Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend / Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
Hi guys i need advice to pass on to a friend , this lady is about 2 and half months pregnant with their third child, and during pregnancy she is usually

really sick, and since they live in the uk there is no family member that can come to help at this difficult time so she ask her partner to help with some

house work, but any time she does this the man gets angry saying the woman is disrespecting him by sending him on errand, he even find it difficult to make her a cup of tea.

Although he does do some work when he feels like it, but gets really angry when the woman actually ask him for the help herself.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2010
I tell u there's something wrong with the relationship if she needs to ask before the husband realizes to help, o men of little understanding!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

Hi guys i need advice to pass on to a friend , this lady is about 2 and half months pregnant with their third child, and during pregnancy she is usually
really sick, and since they live in the uk there is no family member that can come to help at this difficult time so she ask her partner to help with some
house work, but any time she does this the man gets angry saying the woman is disrespecting him by sending him on errand, he even find it difficult to make her a cup of tea.
Although he does do some work when he feels like it, but gets really angry when the woman actually ask him for the help herself.
since you said dis is for a friend, my only advice would be to leave the matter to the couple, if this is their 3rd child then they must have been married for a while now, we are not privy to what happens in their marriage so short of making uninformed judgements one should leave the pair to talk things over, the man cannot be that inhumane to the point that he finds helping out a woman with 2.2 children insulting there is obviously two sides to every story so let's not pre-judge
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by atilla(m): 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^^^^ abi o
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Madukaele(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2010
it depend on how the lady talked to her. (are u stupid cant u do the dishes) me am not responding to that. ladies should talk sensible.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ravenzord(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
Tee_Jay:

since you said dis is for a friend, my only advice would be to leave the matter to the couple, if this is their 3rd child then they must have been married for a while now, we are not privy to what happens in their marriage so short of making uninformed judgements one should leave the pair to talk things over, the man cannot be that inhumane to the point that he finds helping out a woman with 2.2 children insulting there is obviously two sides to every story so let's not pre-judge

Word
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2010
To be honest am friends with the both of them and the man has told me that he feels the woman is trying to walk all over him him when she tells him

to do things like wash the plate or change the babies nappy,  he believes this is a woman work.

But like i said earlier he can do some things by himself when he feels like it, but  he hates it when she asks him to do them
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by daduke2k(m): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
hmmmmmmmmm sad sad
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by sexyLeamon(f): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
if I am correct he is suppose to be doing this without the woman asking him he fuc, king pregnanted her for hell sake
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by MissyB1(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
ayettymama:

o men of little understanding!
Everything I wanted to say is summed up in the 5 words above.

Geez!! Does she have to be sick b4 the man offers to assist her?
Well, not everyone can put up with such rubbish. E.g Me. cool cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^ inno

but i blame the woman cos she married him!!

she can not say he wasnt behaving like that from the on!

you can always tell the ones with this mentality!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by r231(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
maybe she asked him in a controlling way or something
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^ she shouldnt need to ask!

if shes sick and the dishes need washing

if shes busy and the baby did a poop

if shes tired and the baby is hungry

i dont see why she has to spell everything out
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by Kx: 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

But like i said earlier he can do some things by himself when he feels like it, but  he hates it when she asks him to do them.
I think some ppl did nt see this aspect of the story.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by r231(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^^^^^well you are 100% right
she don't need to ask but then again some pples mentallity to things like dat are diff.
he prolly sees it has been bossy and controlling
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by daduke2k(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
supported, but hey ladies stop the hating
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by FBS: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2010
Let them be. It's none of your business.

But if you are talking on general terms, then it's no big deal. . .The man I assume can wash the dishes without even the wife asking him to do that.

Truth is, no one likes to be bossed around. Man or woman.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2010
By the way just because the woman is 2 months pregnant the whole world should come to a standstill? The same guy goes out to hussle to feed the home has to come back and start cleaning up as well, I know women who are pregnant and still work till near their delivery date, with husbands working abroad yet they take care of the kids and the house without bleating!!! Like I said there are 2 sides to every story and nothing should be taken at face value when it comes to matrimony matters
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^ not everyone handles pregnancy the same way

some women are not as strong and able as others while pregnant

your not a woman so you cant speak for them

the husband obviously has a mentality like yours
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ not everyone handles pregnancy the same way

some women are not as strong and able as others while pregnant

your not a woman so you cant speak for them

the husband obviously has a mentality like yours
of course i cant speak for all women the same way not everything is black and white in matters as this, thats why i refrain from making any judgements until one hears the man's side of the story
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
well

theres nothing to do abt it sha

so the woman mite as well stop complaining and live with it

but this should serve as a lesson

to women who jump at the forst proposal

it is very important to KNOW a guy

before marrying him

little little things can still make your life hell!
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
ayettymama:

well

before marrying him

ok
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
She needs to get off her lazy bum and get on with it. . . Na she be the 1st pregnant woman wey get morning illness??
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
By the way just because the woman is 2 months pregnant the whole world should come to a standstill? The same guy goes out to hussle to feed the home has to come back and start cleaning up as well, I know women who are pregnant and still work till near their delivery date, with husbands working abroad yet they take care of the kids and the house without bleating!!! Like I said there are 2 sides to every story and nothing should be taken at face value when it comes to matrimony matter
s

I am really surprised a human can say such a thing i am a mother and i get sick when pregnant and i know how it feels like when pregnant especially when you got two other toddlers to care for,

i have three two kids and was very sick during pregnancy, with my first child i had to stop working because i could not cope and with my second i stop working when i was 7months and i tell you those months where not easy at all i just had to work because we needed extra money

and dont forget that this lady has no extended family to pop in some times to help

please give a constructive advice to some one who wants to make her home better
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2010
whitelexi:

She needs to get off her lazy bum and get on with it. . . Na she be the 1st pregnant woman wey get morning illness??

i wonder o, soon she go start to complain sey the guy no wipe her a-s-s after shitting angry angry angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by sexyLeamon(f): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
whitelexi:

I am very disappointed with this your comment. I always thought you were one of the most intelligent guys on here. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by TeeJay6(m): 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2010
prixxy:

s
I am really surprised a human can say such a thing i am a mother and i get sick when pregnant and i know how it feels like when pregnant especially when you got two other toddlers to care for,
i have three two kids and was very sick during pregnancy, with my first child i had to stop working because i could not cope and with my second i stop working when i was 7months and i tell you those months where not easy at all i just had to work because we needed extra money
and dont forget that this lady has no extended family to pop in some times to help
please give a constructive advice to some one who wants to make her home better  
While this is something i havent experienced personally and need i say i dont want to sound insensitive, i still maintain that the solution lies in the home and not any advice she can garner on NL, we dont know the family well enuf to make a balanced judgement, remember pregnancy affect men as well
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by ayettymama(f): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
Tee_Jay:

remember pregnancy affect men as well

i would really like to know the science of this
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by whitelexi(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
Tee_Jay:

i wonder o, soon she go start to complain sey the guy no wipe her a-s-s after shitting angry angry angry

Ehen na, what about single parents who even have to take care of kids and work when they're 7 - 8 months pregnant?

If worse comes to worst, she should hire a nanny. . .  or take the kids to a day care centre or something like that. . .  This is her third kid, i want to believe she at least spaced them 2yrs apart, shouldn't the 1st 2 be in sch??

Once they come over to jand, they start forming one rubbish lifestyle that we have not seen before.

Ask her to get off her lazy bum and get on with it, and she should stop disrespecting her husband, and she should stop involving third parties like u in her family affair. . .  Shiooorrr grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by prixxy(f): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
well

before marrying him

i guess you are right
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by chidyke77(m): 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2010
Nobody is perfect and so let her accept dat as her own cross.
Re: Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick by henryhemon(m): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2010
Why will he wait for her to say it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bleeping A Girl I Don't Love,how Do I Break Up With Her? / Guys With Tribal Marks Are Cute, With Proof. / Where Can I Get This Kind Of Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.