Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Meet The World's Ugliest Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet The World's Ugliest Woman (3580 Views)

Meet The World Ugliest Woman- Julia Pastrana / 4 States With The Ugliest Girls In Nigeria. / UGLIEST Woman Alive Needs Husband Offers 30million Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by akelicious(m): 3:45am On Aug 14, 2017
A motivational speaker dubbed "the world's ugliest woman" has revealed how she'd love to give the person who labelled her "a big hug".

According to the Daily Mail, Lizzie Velasquez, 28, from Austin, Texas, found a video on YouTube when she was 17 in which someone made the hurtful comment, but said she's come to see it as a "blessing".

"It was so hard, looking back on that time I probably blocked a lot of it out because I was so hurt and devastated but if I found out who that person was I'd probably give them a big hug for giving me one of the biggest unknown blessings I could have ever asked for," she told today's Good Morning Britain."We're all put on this Earth for a reason. I've realised we're all put on this earth for a reason. Luckily I was able to take the path of positivity and turn my awful situation into something that was a lot nicer."The activist has rare Marfanoid-progeroid-lipodystrophy syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that gives her an aged appearance. It affects her face, muscle tone, brain, heart, eyes, and bones, and also prevents her from gaining body fat - meaning she weighs just 29kg.
Her TED Talk, How Do You Define Yourself, has had more than 54 million views, and she's made a documentary about her life and success as a motivational speaker.But she admitted that as a teenager, she was initially she was deeply hurt by the video.
"When I found that video I was 17 and a high school student trying to figure out what I was going to do when I graduated.
"It was completely devastating and crushing," she explained.
"I think if anyone were to put themselves in my shoes, whether you have a condition or not, if you are told that you're disgusting and ugly and you should end your life, you would immediately know what I was feeling at that time.
"Luckily I was able to take the path of positivity and turn my awful situation into something that was a lot nicer.
"Now being able to look back and realise no matter what horrible thing has happened, I'm not going to let that define me. I'm going to find a way to turn it round.
"One of the biggest lessons I've learned is realising that people hurt other people because they're hurting themselves. Hurt people hurt people.
"They might not have the tools to express themselves in a positive way. Unfortunately, they're hurting other people whether it's online or in person and getting that instant gratification of feeling of, 'I got to them'."
Hosts Charlotte Hawkins and Ben Shepard were noticeably impressed by Lizzie's incredible positivity, calling her an "inspiration".
full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/meet-worlds-ugliest-woman.html

Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by collegegist: 3:49am On Aug 14, 2017
chain dere is God
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by collegegist: 3:49am On Aug 14, 2017
chai dere is God
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Gurumaharaji(m): 4:40am On Aug 14, 2017
Ur still more than this confused, gud for nothing dat only know how to spend time in d oza room

3 Likes

Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by THUNDAR(m): 5:18am On Aug 14, 2017
OP come and talk the truth! Na only me n you de here! She no fine pass you?
Because them never see you Abi grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by femi4: 6:04am On Aug 14, 2017
Nobody ugly o
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Kondomatic(m): 6:14am On Aug 14, 2017
femi4:
Nobody ugly o
Oga, say the truth.
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by malakus(m): 6:27am On Aug 14, 2017
Everyone is beautiful
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by SolexxBarry(m): 6:43am On Aug 14, 2017
This lady is beautiful,I want to marry her,how can I get to her please cry cry

1 Like

Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 14, 2017
cry I'f we could take a selfie of our heart, would we find it attractive enough to post.
She may be dubbed "ugly" but might have a beautiful soul.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by natznext(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2017
I wouldn't outrightly call her Ugly, in fact she's not
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Victornezzar: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2017
be dere saying she's ugly
d aunty don appear for national tv
ur own na 4 nairaland
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by SirMichael1: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2017
Victornezzar:
be dere saying she's ugly
d aunty don appear for national tv
ur own na 4 nairaland

It's not the op who termed her 'ugly'. It was a title she earned herself on Guinness world record
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Victornezzar: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2017
SirMichael1:

It's not the op who termed her 'ugly'. It was a title she earned herself on Guinness world record
k
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by popefuse(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2017
Ave read read a lot bout that woman, she might be ugly but she is very rich
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by orisa37: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2017
This one is wicked!
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by orisa37: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2017
In fact she's a Goddess!!!
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Mustiboy(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2017
She no ugly reach Iya Bola wey dey sell ice cream
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by muller101(m): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2017
She fine pass iya biliki wey de sell agbo.
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Funkybabee(f): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Everything I created is very beautiful !!!!!!!!!she is beautiful as the God said so
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by StakerLives(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2017
Funkybabee:
Everything I created is very beautiful !!!!!!!!!she is beautiful as the God said so
cool

Good Morning
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by dacovajnr: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2017
She's not Ugly. Without that Skin Condition she'd be more beautiful than Iyabo Obasanjo undecided
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by SweetJoystick(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2017
This must be as a result of health condition
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Funkybabee(f): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

Good Morning

my friend,good morning!!!
How are you!!!!
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2017
i have seen this lady on national geographical channel.she"s a sensation in the US.
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by StakerLives(m): 10:54am On Aug 14, 2017
Funkybabee:

my friend,good morning!!! How are you!!!!
cool

I am fine, missed you alot during my time serving a ban!!
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2017
SweetJoystick:
This must be as a result of health condition
yea its a condition.she has no adipose tissue which stores fat in the body and makes us look the way we are.no matter how she eats nothing is stored in the body.dats why she looks like dat.
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Funkybabee(f): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

I am fine, missed you alot during my time serving a ban!!

Chaiii ban ke!!!!!lol
hope you enjoy ur holiday

Weytin u said...... I can see all your shared topics screaming Afonja up and down like pounded yam
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by StakerLives(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2017
Funkybabee:

Chaiii ban ke!!!!!lol
hope you enjoy ur holiday

Weytin u said...... I can see all your shared topics screaming Afonja up and down like pounded yam
cool

I wasnt even banned because of screaming afonja!
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Funkybabee(f): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

I wasnt even banned because of screaming afonja!

Oh I see........

1 Like

Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Cunninlinguist: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2017
Ewoo! shocked
Re: Meet The World's Ugliest Woman by Cunninlinguist: 11:38am On Aug 14, 2017
SolexxBarry:
This lady is beautiful,I want to marry her,how can I get to her please cry cry
If she show now na you go still tear race

(1) (Reply)

41 Years Old Single Lady Was Used And Dumped On Her Introduction Day / Making Your Man Sexually Addicted To You; How To Ride Your Man. / What Is The Real Truth About Masturbation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.