Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog (4805 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog In 2019 / 5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 / 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 6:18am On Aug 14, 2017
1. Teach and inspire: Do you have the heart to inspire and teach? Create your own real estate online to do that. There is a lot of teaching and inspiring on social networks, but you want to have a place of your own - create a blog that people want to visit to get your teachings and inspirations.

2. Build your portfolio: Showcase your skills and experience with WordPress. The idea of having all of your work located in one place makes it easy to show off your experience. There are so many professions that can benefit from having an online portfolio. This is especially great if you're a fashion designer, coach, consultant, speaker, artist, photographer, writer, philosopher, graphic artist, illustrator, animator... and the list can go on to body shop workers, interior designers, and more. Plugins make it easy for you to use audio clips, videos, and all kinds of before and after images.

3. For your resume: Create your online resume (using keywords and phrases for your field). LinkedIn is good, but on LinkedIn, you are competing with hundreds of other people with similar skill sets to your own. Creating your online resume lets you drive the prospective employers to your space online.

What else could you do with a blog? Share your ideas below.

Read more: https://www.mokoshalb.com/5-reasons-to-create-own-blog/
mynd44 lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2017
Own an android app for your blog today.. contact us!
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by ateamblezing(f): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2017
Cool
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by vizkiz: 7:10am On Aug 14, 2017
Most people create blogs just to spread false information all for fame and money.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Benjom(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2017
Great
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by SmartPunter(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2017
This Kind Of Post is Ads Powered for Mods to move it to Fp Asap....
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by holuwajobar(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2017
as usual
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by nony43(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2017
I will start thinking toward this blog of thing

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by etech102(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2017
mokoshalb:
1. Teach and inspire: Do you have the heart to inspire and teach? Create your own real estate online to do that. There is a lot of teaching and inspiring on social networks, but you want to have a place of your own - create a blog that people want to visit to get your teachings and inspirations.

2. Build your portfolio: Showcase your skills and experience with WordPress. The idea of having all of your work located in one place makes it easy to show off your experience. There are so many professions that can benefit from having an online portfolio. This is especially great if you're a fashion designer, coach, consultant, speaker, artist, photographer, writer, philosopher, graphic artist, illustrator, animator... and the list can go on to body shop workers, interior designers, and more. Plugins make it easy for you to use audio clips, videos, and all kinds of before and after images.

3. For your resume: Create your online resume (using keywords and phrases for your field). LinkedIn is good, but on LinkedIn, you are competing with hundreds of other people with similar skill sets to your own. Creating your online resume lets you drive the prospective employers to your space online.

4. Educate customers: Speaking directly to your customers' issues creates a dialog that creates loyalty and connection. It separates you from your competition and makes you the "go-to" expert. As you know, the information age brings on the challenge of your customers needing an easier way to navigate changes in the marketplace and find new ways of solving problems. This is a way for you to keep them in the loop. Do you have frequently asked questions? Use your blog to answer those questions - that way, you can point others who have the same question to that blog post (and you can update the answer as it evolves).

5. Write a book |Create a following: You can use a blog to lay out and draft your first or next book. Using the page features, you can outline the book, create subpages, and/or use the post feature to draft your book. Don't worry about people stealing your content. You can use Copyscape and other tools to protect your work. Some new authors make the mistake of writing a book without having a following and/or knowing who they're writing the book for. You can start a blog and use it as a place to create interest and research for your topic.

mynd44 lalasticlala
please how can i do free hosting
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by etech102(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2017
mokoshalb:

4. Educate customers: Speaking directly to your customers' issues creates a dialog that creates loyalty and connection. It separates you from your competition and makes you the "go-to" expert. As you know, the information age brings on the challenge of your customers needing an easier way to navigate changes in the marketplace and find new ways of solving problems. This is a way for you to keep them in the loop. Do you have frequently asked questions? Use your blog to answer those questions - that way, you can point others who have the same question to that blog post (and you can update the answer as it evolves).

5. Write a book |Create a following: You can use a blog to lay out and draft your first or next book. Using the page features, you can outline the book, create subpages, and/or use the post feature to draft your book. Don't worry about people stealing your content. You can use Copyscape and other tools to protect your work. Some new authors make the mistake of writing a book without having a following and/or knowing who they're writing the book for. You can start a blog and use it as a place to create interest and research for your topic.

mynd44 lalasticlala
please how can i do free hosting ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by rbd79(m): 7:14am On Aug 14, 2017
OK
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Akiak: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by etech102(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2017
can some one please explain how i can host my blog for free without paying.
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Kusibe77(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2017
6. you learn too 7. fame 8. Sadly; desperation and frustration and giving up comes with blogging. Sefinil
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by can89(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2017
Very cool... Will love to go into blogging but am not a creative writer and from what I have seen so far, one have to be smart in writing since google do not tolerate copy and paste...
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by ameri9ja: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2017
K
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Following seriously!
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2017
how can I open one Pls? baakusblog. com not baakusblogspot. com
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by abula112(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2017
hp laptop mini for sale 2gb ram 350gb hdd, the only issue is faulty mouse flex (not mouse pad) location is ibadan or abeokuta...
price is 20k call or whatsapp 08106813749
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by chinawapz(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Blogging with passion is more interesting... For your web design, web development, blog development, blog design CALL or WhatsApp: 08130767357
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 7:36am On Aug 14, 2017
etech102:
please how can i do free hosting ?
You can use this https://www.freehosting.com/
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 7:36am On Aug 14, 2017
baakus:
how can I open one Pls? baakusblog. com not baakusblogspot. com
You will need to buy the domain
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Webman007: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2017
Fantastic points....for career and entrepreneurs in the house all you need is a portfolio website...

Let's build one for you...see my signature in the image below...

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by xtremeTall(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2017
K...how can i own a blog?...i think have got passion for writing undecidedK...how can i own a blog?...i think have got passion for writing
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by KellyR: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Webman007: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
xtremeTall:
K...how can i own a blog?...i think have got passion for writing undecidedK...how can i own a blog?...i think have got passion for writing

1) Put your writing skills together..so far what and what have you writing?...what stories have you told on your existing free social media platforms like FB etc

2) Put togerther few of your articles and google to find out who have written something similar if they ranked at the top for those and what they did to rank.

3) Sign up for a free account on blogger /WordPress/ Medium or others and start blogging

If you have the cash, then make it more professional and get your own domain.

Check my signature for more

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Webman007: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2017
Need a website for your business? At a cost you can afford?... Let's do just that for you..

Contact details is on the image below...

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by szymanski(m): 8:03am On Aug 14, 2017
etech102:
can some one please explain how i can host my blog for free without paying.
you can start with blogger blog nau, buy a domain name and integrate it with your blogger blog account that way it looks professional
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by ipreach: 8:05am On Aug 14, 2017
Thank you Moko

In other news, contact me for your affordable blog

Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2017
G
Re: 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog by donqx: 9:16am On Aug 14, 2017
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Best Alternative To Adsense / !! / How To Get 10,000 Facebook Fans With Just $100. Do It Yourself Tutorial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.