Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Suspended From Work Via Phone Call (14115 Views)

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men / Ugandan Court Clerk Suspended For Dressing Too "Sexy" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by muller101(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
Sack your self before he fires u
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Start looking for a new job. Your boss has no value for your input into the company, 500 naira is not a reason to suspend someone.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Desyner: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

Okay this is it... I was hired as a maintenance personnel, along the line I was persuaded to carry out some duties outside my job description which I obliged, I was entitled to #1000 call card weekly for calls. Today, a senior colleague brought #500 to me instead of the #1000 and said the boss decided to cut it down, initially things like this are discussed before implementation. I declined taking the #500 and that was it.
By not collecting the #500, your superior can argue that you jeopardized the company interest. They could argue that the planned giving you the remaining #500 as soon as things become easier during the course of the month.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by lacruz12(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
So after getting a lawyer, you go still resume work abi..... This is Naija Bros
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:
Good evening Nairalanders, something happened in my office today and just this evening I got a call from a senior colleague that my boss has given me two weeks suspension without pay.... The company's security also called to inform me that he received a call from my boss instructing him not to allow me inside the company premises from tomorrow.

I have been a staff of the company for two years and I want to know if there is anyway to challenge the suspension or if there is any lawyer here who is abreast of the labour law as regards my situation. Thanks

As per labour law, You will say undue victimization...
the boss will sight insubordination....

if in the book u signed up for, it is written that u are due for 1k each, then u can sue for the 1k and after dat u leave the work.

but if it was a roadside arrangement out of the magnanimity of his hrt, then he can choose to reduce dat magñanimity at anytime..

If u sue him now, what will be the "INJURY" you will say u suffered from his reducing the 1k to 5hundred ?

ALWAYS LET GO OF LITTLE THINGS... THEY MIGHT CAUSE U MUCH, AND SOMETIMES UR LIFE N HAPINESS

5 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by cytell56: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:
Good evening Nairalanders, something happened in my office today and just this evening I got a call from a senior colleague that my boss has given me two weeks suspension without pay.... The company's security also called to inform me that he received a call from my boss instructing him not to allow me inside the company premises from tomorrow.

I have been a staff of the company for two years and I want to know if there is anyway to challenge the suspension or if there is any lawyer here who is abreast of the labour law as regards my situation. Thanks

If Costa could be informed that he was no longer needed at Chelsea via SMS, then it can happen to you too through phone call.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Templa(m): 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

You even want to sue the company!! There is certainly more to this story..but be aware that u are an employee in a private company.. ur boss is simply looking for loyalty.. During ur suspension look for another job..u ve been fired..

2 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by jamesibor: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
na common suspension na im u dey do yanga like this.
truth is, ur boas can sack u, tomorrow without having to gv any reason... problem is if he gives d reason.
all it takes is for him to just sack u, saying he no wan do again.

so beta find dat topicon how to get back into the bosses grace book wen u fall out of favor, and stop the yanga..

THE RULE IS... ANYONE WHO HIRES, CAN FIRE...

Disgracing the good people of Akwa Ibom as usual.

Da, ado nte afo ado useme?
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
grin shocked grin

You even get luck say your kind boss no tear you sack letter typed in capital letters!

Your refusal to accept the 5H wasn't just a move of rudeness but insubordination.

Even though suspension via phone call is informal, A formal suspension would be devastating.

Just find way knee down with tears in your eyes beg ur oga o.

If u wan continue with gragra tactics e mean say u go need to update ur CV begin look for another job.

BTW, what were the things u uttered besides refusing the money?

Na pride, arrogance & ungratefulness land u inside dis katakata so.

OP, work on yourself & be remorseful.

Within the next 3 days, you will be called back!

2 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Iamsammy(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

What I stated above is exactly what happened, please I want to know if there is any labour law against it.
which labour law, someone struggle to establish his company and hire u, u go ahead to disrespect him and he suspend you. U com dey ask for law. This is Nigeria abeg

2 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Princedan50: 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

What I stated above is exactly what happened, please I want to know if there is any labour law against it.
bros if u like call attorney general of Planet earth he can't do anything. The fact is that he's your boss n possesses the right to do whatever pleases him with your service,once it's related to the job he hired you for. It would have bn a major win for you in suing him n getting him pay ruthlessly had it bn the job is on a contract base. As maintainance personnel u should have requested for a contract service rather that just getting hired to work as regular staff. Nevertheless the deed is done keep your cool call n apologize to him buh meanwhile be looking for another job elsewhere cus for him to suspend tru some other persons via phone call shows he doesn't really value your service any longer n can sack u at any time via any means. He can even send you a text one morning stating you've bn sacked. So as u beg to comebk before the two weeks manage the job as you wholeheartedly search for a new job. Thank you!
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by SIRWILLIAMS7: 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
1 you were too comfortable with the job and wasnt listening to what God had created you for

2 use two days to meet, find facts and apologize if necessary (that means your victimization has just begun)

3 if they insist on the two weeks; use day 3-4 to pray and recreate. look for that seed of greatness in this.

4 lier/lawyer would only add to ur worries. remember this our Dear Nigeria doesnt respect your right especially if you dont have a known/pOlitical name

GOODLUCK ON YOUR TESTIMONY SOON.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
jamesibor:

Disgracing the good people of Akwa Ibom as usual.

Da, ado nte afo ado useme?

atang iko ado ye usoh ye uka ke ufok.. mkpeteng

P.S its sweet to know that I am givin u somuch headache though
take my advice... GO AND DIE !!!

2 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Iamsammy(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2017
Templa:

You even want to sue the company!! There is certainly more to this story..but be aware that u are an employee in a private company.. ur boss is simply looking for loyalty.. During ur suspension look for another job..u ve been fired..
all this kind tin dey burst my brain, I employ u for my company to help ur situation, u com dey yanga for m join. Abeg make una tell DAT guy say hia na naija nor western world w dey
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by TDonald: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
decatalyst:

Your boss saw that flagrant rejection as an insult to his office! Let me tell you how I feel. I think he is right to see it as insult!

You should have accepted it and meet with the person that sent the money in person. That's wisdom!

By the way, which standard company suspends or fire over the phone? undecided

Chelsea Fired Diego Costa with just a text message grin

2 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bullet01:

I see no offence that warrant suspension in this. OP there is more to this your story.

You don't see an offence in this...??

All company have their ways of cutting cost...every employee should understand this...
I'm sure The recharge card isn't part of his entitlement on his employment contract letter...its an "on the job arrangement"...

What if they cut his salary...he would go and call the president of nigeria... this is simple office expense adjustment, the boss can even say OP will still get the remaining 500naira the following week or something...at the end of the day OP will just look like a foool for unnecessary reacting...
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by jamesibor: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

atang iko ado ye usoh ye uka ke ufok.. mkpeteng

P.S its sweet to know that I am givin u somuch headache though
take my advice... GO AND DIE !!!

Adiok ono nwa itid uka.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Dfinex(f): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
What exactly is ur challenge? That u were suspended unjustly or that it was done via a phone call. ....

U should be looking for ways to get back ur job not wearing such air of arrogance ...... when them dey even sack ogas with sms, u dey talk.

As for making a case out of this, just forget it. It will be dead on arrival......u have just two options : either to make peace with ur boss and make him understand why u reacted the way u did or take the exit.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by habayinc(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
romenna:
Are you a worker living in Lagos and have need for a Loan? LAPO Microfinance Bank has a special loan for working class. Very easy to Access, No Collateral is required, Very competitive interest rate; and Flexible repayment structure. For further enquiry; Call Sarah 08073828073
Borrow from them and things will just get worse

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
Princedan50:
bros if u like call attorney general of Planet earth he can't do anything. The fact is that he's your boss n possesses the right to do whatever pleases him with your service,once it's related to the job he hired you for. It would have bn a major win for you in suing him n getting him pay ruthlessly had it bn the job is on a contract base. As maintainance personnel u should have requested for a contract service rather that just getting hired to work as regular staff. Nevertheless the deed is done keep your cool call n apologize to him buh meanwhile be looking for another job elsewhere cus for him to suspend tru some other persons via phone call shows he doesn't really value your service any longer n can sack u at any time via any means. He can even send you a text one morning stating you've bn sacked. So as u beg to comebk before the two weeks manage the job as you wholeheartedly search for a new job. Thank you!

I bottle of orijin for ur head.
folks be working for someone and be feeling sooo comfortable at it. like u said, the boss might just read this post and decide to send u a sack text message on his gatemans Nokia torchlight this very night and the AG of Nigeria, won't get him to pay one dime.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
jamesibor:

Adiok ono nwa itid uka.

ake uka, nko ndong ama adonghor utebe mkpo ado ayoho. atebe idem nte uso mme uka... mkpeteng
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by edeXede: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
embarassed

See this idiot. This is the kind of job I want. The one I ll piss off my boss and he will angrily give me suspension to sleep and read stupid stories on nairaland grin
They gave you freely and you are complaining.

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by decatalyst(m): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
TDonald:

Chelsea Fired Diego Costa with just a text message grin

Its a club of rogues grin
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by jamesibor: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

ake uka, nko ndong ama adonghor utebe mkpo ado ayoho. atebe idem nte uso mme uka... mkpeteng

Eyen utit ini. Mme nim ke akpan iko ke ame se kung uka asio ndod itid amo.

Eyen mma akpara.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Princedan50: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

I bottle of orijin for ur head.
folks be working for someone and be feeling sooo comfortable at it. like u said, the boss might just read this post and decide to send u a sack text message on his gatemans Nokia torchlight this very night and the AG of Nigeria, won't get him to pay one dime.
lolzzz. The Oga is a clown sha. Even uses a gateman for such work shows the guy is know rudeness,pride n arrogant. The man wan humble you show you even gateman fit lock you out.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Briteiyobo1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2017
My brother if what you said now is really what happened, I mean the recharge card issue, you better send an SMS to your boss this night apologising telling him to forgive you. He saw your rejection as an affront.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Young03:
A bird at hand is better than none

U shouldn't have declined

collect the money, meet him n the issue will be addressed

Hard times in naija oo, some r waiting to take your job

pray they don't give it to another person before u come back from suspension

Advise is...Use the two weeks to go do legbuke work or conductor, e go fetch u money

This mentallity will never make you unleash your potentials if at all you have any.You just reason like a comfortable slave.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by blaise26abj(m): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
My. Advice to you is this,
Send your boss a professional , yet apologetic text. Don't over explain and don't sound condescending or indignant. Keep it professional, not emotional. That is if you still want the job sha.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by clemmonce(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

I am a kind of person I like to hear from both sides before giving advice or contributing... but looking at the situation It is impossible to hear from the other party. Here is my advice ... looking at your response to questions been asked here about what really went wrong and how you responded and also looking at your story I will say your rejection of the 500 recharge card was the last straw that broke the camel's back. Definitely you must have been misbehaving and they have tolerating you. Your trouble must have been too much... Anywhere you find yourself be of good attitude , lay low and always be respectful. There is something most people forget and it is who they are presently..... yes you have a big dream to be a big boss and own a big car and so on.. yes don't let that dream fade away but you must always be in tune with reality.... you were employed as a maintenance officer do your work well... respect your boss even if you are older than him or her.. you see some people employed as a gate man or cleaner ordinary to greet their Oga is a problem pride won't let them.. As an Oga sef for you to send them on errand will be difficult for you because their countenance is always not inviting... tell me now how can a person like that gain favour from his or her superior... Be in tune with reality but never lose focus on where you are going ....

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Young03(m): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
nyben4eva:

This mentallity will never make you unleash your potentials if at all you have any.You just reason like a comfortable slave.

potential slave?

now that he's about to be sack, Are u gonna give him a job?

See your face like a castrated bull
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
jamesibor:

Eyen utit ini. Mme nim ke akpan iko ke ame se kung uka asio ndod itid amo.

Eyen mma akpara.

Amí nke si kung uka, before uso anam mbad ye utebe idem ammo aboyoi uka, idaha Amí, ndung Ama dongho utebe itid amo ayoho... Usoh abad atebe idem, asuk asi Ben mfed Ndito asi ke abang ndung ado.. eyen mma akpara ino one, kobo kobo.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by nwosu1982: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
According to labour law rule on master & servant relationship, a master can terminate a contract with his servant anytime he feels dat d servant services r no more needed but d master shud pay d servant 3months salary up front upon notification. So my brother, ur master only gave you suspension & u r not even feeling remorse about wat u did by rejecting wat he gave to u & not even ur salary & all u cud is to seek for legal remedy towards ur own mistake. U beta go back & plead or face sack bcoz u lack d locus standi to even complain. Heed to advise & correct ursef on time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Feeling Jaded? Here's How To Make Lemonades Out Of Life's Lemons / Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? / 3 Tips To Help You Escape A Sack Letter When You Can’t Do The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.