Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19029 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by PETER2020: 11:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
IT MUST  BE  A MAD PERSON THAT WILL  SAY  'OJUKWU USED STARVATION AS A DELIBERATE STRATEGY DURING CIVIL WAR' IT IS ONLY STUPID ENOUGH PERSONS CAN ACKNOWLEDGE THIS AS TRUTH. BY THE WAY, WHY DID GOWON TRAVELED TO RUSSIA FOR MILITARY ASSISTANT. IS IT NOT THIS SAME FOREIGN MILITARY THAT SAID 'BIAFRA IS WORTH  CRUSHED IN 48 HRS.' YET THE WAR LASTED FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS. WHY WAS BAKKASSI PEOPLE  CEDED TO CAMEROON AGAINST THEIR NIGERIA WISH AS A COUNTRY. WHY WAS THE THEN BRITISH PRIME MINISTER CHANGED HIS MIND AND LISTENED TO THE BRITISH AMBASSADOR TO NIGERIA THEN TO GIVE NIGERIA A FIVE OPTIONS TO CULL FROM. WHY WAS THE NIGERIAN OIL TAPPED FOR 10 GOOD YEARS BY THE RUSSIANS. IS THIS NOT THE SAME FOOLISHNESS OF NIGERIA THAT LEFT IT ECONOMICALLY  DOOMED AND POLITICAL INSTABILITY.

IS IT NOT A SHAME THAT  NIGERIA AT THE AGE 49 YRS IS STILL 'AT TO CROSS THE ROAD'. CONSTITUTION NOT OBEYED. NO LEADER WILL EMERGE WITHOUT GIGGING OF ELECTION.

NIGERIA WILL NEVER AND WILL NEVER SURVIVE THE COURSES OF THE CIVIL WAR UNTIL IT BREAKS DOWN.

OJUKWU AS A ONE MAN TRIED MORE THAN HE CAN TO SAVE OUR PEOPLE. HE DESERVED TO BE A FOREVER LEADER.

DEAR PEOPLE OF BIAFRA, MY FELLOW BIAFRANS DO NOT BE MISLEAD BY UNCIRCUMCISED PEOPLE. FINED THIS BOOK AND READ " SELECTED SPEECHES WITH JOURNALS OF EVENTS"
FINED IT READ AND JUDGE FOR YOUR SELVES. OR ANY OTHER RELATED BOOKS THAT TELLS TRUTH ABOUT THE WAR WRITTEN BY GOOD AUTHORS AND NOT BRIBED AND SELFISH AUTHORS.

NO MORE WAR AND THERE SHALL BE NO WAR BECAUSE THE FREEDOM IS OURS.

I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR THIS REMARK BUT THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSED TO LISTEN TO OJUKWU THEN NOT TO ALLOW THE NIGERIAN TROOPS IN THROUGH THEIR TERRITORY AND TODAY THEY ARE PAYING THE PRICE. "NOT JUST OIL DUES"  ALONE.

THIS IS JUST THE 'TIP OF THE ICEBERG'
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by radiorosie(f): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2010
Listen to this to learn how starvation was used as a strategy by the Nigerians during the Biafran war:

http://www.english.rfi.fr/africa/20100216-remembering-biafran-war
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by daberechim: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
You people should all keep quiet. You talk out of ignorance. What the great ojokwu foresaw 40years your fathers did not see it and today they are just seeing a bit of it.

Yes he did not succeed but he should be commended. his father was the richest in the country then and he choose to serve the country as an officer. Your fathers that have stolen our wealth are building mansions in UK etc and planting you Muttallab's there. What good has it done to the nation but pain. The Obansanjo administration there are only four people that gave it credibility- the 4 women who are ibo's. If the IBo's are not recognised by the nation they will continue to make great impact all over the world. they survived the war out of nothing and will survive all your evil plans
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ogilvy2009(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2010
Goodmorning, heheheh. I'm a true Biafra, Long Live the Federal Republic of Biafra.

All we want is for you to see with your eyes, , we need a better society, where people will think like humans and not like 'mah'lu', live all their life being beggers, huh and will not make positive impact on the society. You need education, they say education is bad, you need quality healthcare, they won't devote time to study healthcare and medicine but one useless course!, We all know where we went wrong.

But Biafra, Let posterity judge us, for those are happy to have sold us and the ones who bear the post Biafran War Pains, 'As if that's not enough, they're even denying your right in the peak of civilization' Heeehehehe. Goodmorning.

But for sure, the Biafra we fought for, it shall come to be then, we shall decide whom our people are! Ojukwu will live to see it come to pass.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bkbabe97: 5:44am On Jun 25, 2010
ogilvy2009:

But for sure, the Biafra we fought for, it shall come to be then, we shall decide whom our people are! Ojukwu will live to see it come to pass.

Really? When? After Barbangida finishes ruling? cus thats ur Ojukwu's next insane plan!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by One11: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2010
Ignored. Nobody should reply, sorry wink
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hatch: 8:35am On Jun 25, 2010
Who revived this World War Thread again ! smiley
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by daberechim: 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2010
No Ibo child should discuss this topic further with these uncircumsized race.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by basktmout: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2010
Bkbabe, I see u hav reincarnated as hatch and reporter. Igbo hating bastard.well u want to see pepper, right? Ok continue with this nonsense post.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bkbabe97: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
basktmout:

Bkbabe, I see u hav reincarnated as hatch and reporter. Igbo hating naughty person.well u want to see pepper, right? Ok continue with this nonsense post.

Like, why do Ibos always think they know it all? Punk! I reincarnated as Hatch and Reporter, thats the best conclusion u melted brain could come up wit? Fool! I REINCARNATED as ur worst nightmare, thats what I did, u descendant of human-flesh eaters!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by seanet02: 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2010
With all respect to you ibos ojukwu is a coward, if not why did he ran away to ivory coast and left you people in crises he created due to his short sightedness
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by seanet02: 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2011
Hope MASSOB don't try this again. Starvation is not humane
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by seanet01: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2013
bk/babe97:

Like, why do Ibos always think they know it all? Punk! I reincarnated as Hatch and Reporter, thats the best conclusion u melted brain could come up wit? Fool! I REINCARNATED as ur worst nightmare, thats what I did, u descendant of human-flesh eaters!
Where exactly are you now?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ejiyke2007(m): 12:03am On Feb 10, 2013
Starvation as a Method of Warfare is Crimes against humanity??

Gowon and Awolowo deliberatly lied to starve civilian and blockade all food and medical sturf supplies being brought into biafra .By instigating that the biafran Soldiers used to hijacked the food and other relief stuff en route.Which they used as tactics to war fare,inorder to get suport from their alien British to end the war

They fail to understand that they have not right to starve the civilians. Pillage civilians inhabitant , is a war crime in an international conflict and a prohibited act in an internal conflict.
Starvation of civilian populations as a method of warfare is prohibited in both international or in internal conflicts,

Gowon AND Awolowo[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[/font] Crimes against humanity are particularly odious offenses in that WHICH constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of one or more human beings,that is directed especially against an entire population or part of a population on specious grounds and without regard to individual guilt or responsibility even on such grounds .STARVETION,STARVATION

Gowon and Awolowo the fear of diversion of food and medical sturf does not provides you legal justification for refusing civilian populations food and medical
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ejiyke2007(m): 12:08am On Feb 10, 2013
hatch#:
Is it not funny how the revival of events of over 40 years ago that was recently brought into the lime lights again by some of us who are the opinion that the woes of the civil war are to be laid at the door steps of Yakubu Gowon.

The previous interesting thread about the "civil war not being against the Ndigbo" has resulted to my regular visits to Times website to browse through the archives to in fact learn more about "Heroes and Villains" of the war.

The below article clearly shows that Ojukwu knew from the beginning that the secessionist state of Biafra has banked more on winning the world's sympathy than a military victory which he did well with his "starvation strategy" which turned out to do him more harm than good.

Gowon and Awolowo
the fear of diversion of food and medical sturf does not provides you legal justification for refusing civilian populations food and medical ??

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,712130,00.html

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,712130-2,00.html#ixzz0fh1WYwbp
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ejiyke2007(m): 12:16am On Feb 10, 2013
MrCrackles: Ojukwu is arguably the biggest coward in Nigeria history. . . . .

HEY BOY TELL Gowon and Awolowo
THE fear of diversion of food and medical sturf does not provides them the legal justification for refusing civilian populations food and medical ??
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ejiyke2007(m): 12:17am On Feb 10, 2013
seanet02: With all respect to you ibos ojukwu is a coward, if not why did he ran away to ivory coast and left you people in crises he created due to his short sightedness

THE fear of diversion of food and medical sturf does not provides them the legal justification for refusing civilian populations food and medical ??
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ejiyke2007(m): 12:19am On Feb 10, 2013
[quote author=Tuyis]

Self-pity is a death that has no resurrection, a sinkhole from which no rescuing hand can drag you because you have chosen to sink.

- Elizabeth Elliot

The war ended some forty years ago! Move on, all of you.

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Uchek(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
I want to use your statement in my political project. Please what is your ethnicity?

reporter1:
Ojukwu was a coward who led Ibos to a war they could never have won from the get go.
Any sensible person would have surrendered once their food supply ran out.  But trust power-drunk
Ojukwu, he had to continue with his senseless quest to dominate the Ibos and other Eastern minorities who
were unfortunate to be in the same region as a power-drunk brat.

Ibos being gullible today as they were in 1967 continue to blame others for the failure of their war leaders.
While they continue to whine, the Ijaws and other minorities are becoming more relevant.
Cry babies.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Uchek(m): 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
Totally agree with you!

EzeUche:
Foolish Yorubas! Is this your way of attacking Ojukwu, because you know how my people respect this man.

Like my Yoruba professor stated, the Yoruba are the main problem in Nigeria. I cannot even blame the Hausa anymore. Truth be told, the Yoruba cannot be trusted, that even Yorubas cannot trust their own.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Christistruth00: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Tinubu To Buhari: They Said I Should Not Follow Or Support You / Court Summons Police Over Melaye's Detention. Senator Dino Melaye Shares Videos / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.