Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19022 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by doyin13(m): 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2010
Plus diehard supporters plus detractors o. . .

Una no dey shame. Na old man wey don do im own,
move on una wan kill una sef over.

Who cares what Ojukwu or Awolowo did ages ago
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by MaiSuya(m): 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2010

Abeg help me ask them.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ziga: 11:30pm On Feb 16, 2010
EzeUche:

You need to go to sleep. Biafra will never sleep as long as the people who survived that war are still among us. My father survived that war and the stories he would tell me allows the hatred in me to burn bright.

All I want is REVENGE. Not an apology but sweet sweet REVENGE! angry

LWKMD ooooo. Revenge against who!!!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by nex(m): 7:24am On Feb 17, 2010
@Afam

where did I ever support the massacre of innocent Ibos? Please, copy and paste.

By the way, can you attempt to give an answer as to why Ojukwu was so chubby during the blockade while everybody else was starving to death? Don't tell me you failed to notice that.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by texazzpete(m): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2010
@EzeUche
please answer the question: Revenge against who?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hatch: 10:19am On Feb 17, 2010
texazzpete:

@EzeUche
please answer the question: Revenge against who?

I guess his revenge is against the Federal Republic of 1967-70
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by tundewoods(m): 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
Come on guys knock off it, this aint gonna take you guys anywhere quarrelling back and forth on these past issues. undecided
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2010
nex:

@Afam

where did I ever support the massacre of innocent Ibos? Please, copy and paste.

By the way, can you attempt to give an answer as to why Ojukwu was so chubby during the blockade while everybody else was starving to death? Don't tell me you failed to notice that. 

Did you read what you wrote down before posting? How dare you (a non Igbo) state that Ojukwu setup the Igbos for destruction and fled? If the Igbos with what they went through see him as a hero then your remarks are unsolicited and out of place.

What exactly is your problem with Ojukwu for you to use the type of words you used to address him when he neither abused you nor caused you any harm? Some of these remarks seem to be out of envy and jealousy that in spite of everything he is still alive and respected by his people who simply appreciate till today what he did in the face of oppression and wickedness by fellow Nigerians.

Look at the likes of Soludo and Andy Uba accepting the election result in Anambra in spite of their connections and wealth and try to understand why they readily accepted the result without bloodshed and petitions. It is not because Obi is wonderful but because the people of Anambra chose to grant the wish by Ojukwu. What more do you need to know that this man remains a hero who defied all odds and gave the Igbos a reason to be proud. Though defeated in war the Igbo man cannot be taken for granted again let alone being massacred by any Nigerian for any reasons at all. Thanks to Ojukwu for making sure of that.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bawomolo(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
doyin13:

Plus diehard supporters plus detractors o. . .

Una no dey shame. Na old man wey don do im own,
move on una wan kill una sef over.

this is the sad thing about this yoruba vs igbo clashes on NL. We keep on arguing about events in the ist republic rather than finding ways to make sure things don't repeat themselves again.

It's funny how folks are calling for "revenge" from the comfort of their computer screen. countries like congo and rwanda are proof of how "revenge" can spiral out of control.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by mafioso2(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
You need to go to sleep. Biafra will never sleep as long as the people who survived that war are still among us. My father survived that war and the stories he would tell me allows the hatred in me to burn bright.

All I want is REVENGE. Not an apology but sweet sweet REVENGE! Angry

Go ask the Germans what happened to their water, This time na una water Naija Govt go pollute, LMAO
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by mafioso2(m): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
bawomolo:

this is the sad thing about this yoruba vs igbo clashes on NL.   We keep on arguing about events in the ist republic rather than finding ways to make sure things don't repeat themselves again.

It's funny how folks are calling for "revenge" from the comfort of their computer screen. countries like congo and rwanda are proof of how "revenge" can spiral out of control.   

A TRUE YORUBA COWARD, WAR NEVA START U DON DEY FEAR

For the Biafrans, Tupac once said

Any of you niggas from New York that want to bring it,
Bring it.
But we ain't singing,
We bringing drama
fuc.k you and your mother fuc.king mama.
We're gonna kill all you mother fuckers.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by bawomolo(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
mafioso2:

yeah i'm a coward for being a pacifist.   Those swiss were such a bunch of cowards, see how horrible the country is today compared to that of the courageous people of congo. 

keep on waiting for revenge from the comfort of a computer screen though.
were did all that "gangsta talk" lead tupac to? that's right
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by doyin13(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
mafioso2:

For the Biafrans, Tupac once said

Any of you niggas from New York that want to bring it,
Bring it.
But we ain't singing,
We bringing drama
fuc.k you and your mother fuc.king mama.
We're gonna kill all you mother fuckers.

See this one. . .Are you 15 yet?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by doyin13(m): 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2010
Afam:

Did you read what you wrote down before posting? How dare you (a non Igbo) state that Ojukwu setup the Igbos for destruction and fled? If the Igbos with what they went through see him as a hero then your remarks are unsolicited and out of place.

What exactly is your problem with Ojukwu for you to use the type of words you used to address him when he neither abused you nor caused you any harm? Some of these remarks seem to be out of envy and jealousy that in spite of everything he is still alive and respected by his people who simply appreciate till today what he did in the face of oppression and wickedness by fellow Nigerians.

Look at the likes of Soludo and Andy Uba accepting the election result in Anambra in spite of their connections and wealth and try to understand why they readily accepted the result without bloodshed and petitions. It is not because Obi is wonderful but because the people of Anambra chose to grant the wish by Ojukwu. What more do you need to know that this man remains a hero who defied all odds and gave the Igbos a reason to be proud. Though defeated in war the Igbo man cannot be taken for granted again let alone being massacred by any Nigerian for any reasons at all. Thanks to Ojukwu for making sure of that.

If he is so revered and evidence of this was the recent Anambra elections,
how come he has failed miserably at the polls even in the East in the presidential
elections?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2010
doyin13:

how come he has failed miserably at the polls even in the East in the presidential
elections?

Do you have the breakdown of the election results in the presidential elections to backup your claims? Or, is this another fly by night statement?

Even with the well reported rigging of the election by the PDP the breakdown will tell you a story that will continue to make you wonder.

Stick to facts you can defend as I am already tired of correcting misinformation.

And even in the Anambra elections not everyone voted for his preferred candidate and that goes to show you how independent minded the average Igbo man is.

Showing respect and holding him in high esteem does not mean that everyone must do what he wants as we are born free and we are allowed to do what pleases us.

So, if some people in Anambra can vote for other candidates it makes perfect sense to understand why the East will not return 100% vote for him. We do not play tribal politics when the Igbos must votes for the Igbos only. We have gone beyond that stage.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by doyin13(m): 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
I have no qualms with Igbos holding whomever they so wish in high esteem.

I just find it curious that this so loved man across Igbo land would fare poorly
along with his party in crucial elections within his err sphere of influence.

Well, the results being rigged is a distinct possibility. Both in previous elections
and the last Anambra elections.

Just curious my friend.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by utotomi50(m): 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2010
not the biafrans again grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
all this biafra noise is why sun tzu said crush your enemy to a pulp or some such. if nigeria had really run a brutal campaign, all these kids living their father dreams would be singing a different spiel - never again .
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by grafikdon: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
oyb:

all this biafra noise is why sun tzu said crush your enemy to a pulp or some such. if nigeria had really run a brutal campaign, all these kids living their father dreams would be singing a different spiel - never again . 

Spoken like the true Islamic nut job. . . wipe them silly Biafrans off the map so that they will not sell us fake spare parts.

Allaaaaaaahu Akbar!!!!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Afam(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
doyin13:

I have no qualms with Igbos holding whomever they so wish in high esteem.

I just find it curious that this so loved man across Igbo land would fare poorly
along with his party in crucial elections within his err sphere of influence.

Well, the results being rigged is a distinct possibility. Both in previous elections
and the last Anambra elections.

Just curious my friend.

I thought you wrote the following?

doyin13:

elections?

I expected you to back up the statement.

The rate at which misinformation is thrown about on this forum is really alarming.

May God help us all.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
For real, Biafrans still waiting for REVENGE? Even if you pray to God to win against Almighty Yoruba, he will ask you to sh.ut the f up; because you will definitely lose.
Our can Ibo group win Yoruba when numbers and manpower not on your side?
You all know, we have more than 150 million yorubas in both North and South Americas.
I will ask those yorubas in Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia not to fight you.
We have more than 30 million yorubas just in Mid-east.

Let just my Yoruba people in common Iraq fight you. They are known as black Iraqis, they numbered more than 3 millions. Check this link for your information: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=9mzr_b0fLOU&v=5Y42AyGpno4
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hackney(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
How can you wipe biafra when most of you up north are 95% illiterate?
Dont you know that wars these days require some sort of techie know-how?
That allah Akuba b.ull.s.h.it wont cut it next time around.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by MrCrackles(m): 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
Ojukwu is arguably the biggest coward in Nigeria history. . . . .
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hackney(m): 11:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
So you think winning wars depends on population?
So china will win Russia or America in any form of military engagement?

For your info if it was based on population, there will be no Israel.
(Have you seen where they are on the map?)
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 17, 2010
grafikdon:

Spoken like the true Islamic nut job. . . wipe them silly Biafrans off the map so that they will not sell us fake spare parts.

Allaaaaaaahu Akbar!!!!

you want to bring religion into it - well, ojukwu did turn the other cheek, he showed nigeria his behind  cheesy

you can also ask why their(biafrans) god did not intervene - shebi u peeps are always claiming jewish origin tongue
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
By 2050, Chinese will be the only superpower because of manpower.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hackney(m): 11:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
Every single technology in china (except the umbrella) is borrowed so  thats impossible.
They will just become another giant consumer market.chikena

Income per capita is still under $1 per day.
If all the jobs in europe and US are plunged into China ,the average  income per capita will just
rise to about $2 per day.

Once your population explodes exponentially while you are still emerging, forget 1st world status
(look at India).
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
hackney:

Every single technology in china (except the umbrella) is borrowed so thats impossible.
they will become another consumer market.chikena

offtopic - who is the biggest car manufacturer n the world and where was the car invented?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2010
You better wish "what is yours or not yours, never none of them scares you." So chilaxing, China finna get there.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hackney(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
you think china or india makes more cars than japan?
(or are you talking of 'a Honda plant in china'?)
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hackney(m): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
That is why Ghana (20M) has a better chance of emerging from 3rd world than Nigeria (over 160M)
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by ogbronx(m): 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
The truth is naija is not a nation and may never be untill something drastic occurs.Ojukwu saw what many of us deny today,the Northern oligarchy that  has ruined us.I must say here that we all seem to have our ethnic problems and stereotypes but the yurobas are just not it all at.cowardice and betrayal are known xteristics of the them.Hausas are a lazy set of pple,ignorant in all raminification.The Igbos,well,dont really pose any threat to the country but their love for money that divides them.These three major ethnic groups have proven to be failures.we must look beyond ethnicity if we want to move forward but really,can that happen?naija is doomed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Gets 44.5 Million Naira Campaign Funding / Dolapo Osinbajo And Nigerian Police Wives Meet (Photos) / Lalong Gives Ex-Governor Jang Two Weeks To Return “Stolen Money”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.