Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. (19026 Views)

Explosives Abandoned During Civil War Recovered By Police / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2010
Every single technology in china (except the umbrella) is borrowed so  thats impossible.

the japanese are the biggest carmakers in the world, and they didn't invent the technology. so your argument is moot .kapish?

arguing that a country cannot become a superpower because it 'borrrowed' technology is a lame argument.

you realise the chinese invented gunpowder? - who leads the world in ballistic technology today?

look for a more realistic argument

who invented democracy? Greece - but america is the biggest democracy in the world today.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by hackney(m): 11:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
Japan being the largest carmakers (be it borrowed) is not what made them 1st world.
(you need to look at issues a bit longer before you make conclusions)

If china invented gunpowder (or was it firecrackers) would that mean that they kick-started ballistic technology?.
If that's the case ,everything that depends on electricity would be an American invention then.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nzeogwu66: 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
This is like a badly worded Africa Magic Movie. I hope someone would do proper research on what really happened back in 67. All this crap just goes to show how shallow our knowledge about Nigeria is. Please just stop insulting people just because you have a pc and Internet connection. The Nigerian Civil war is a historical occurence that happened in living memory and can be properly reserched by anyone who is willing and able to read. If you are just going to shoot your opinions ,fine,but if you say they are facts,quote your source. Your aged father's war story and folk tales at moonlight in Udi are not facts. Men died in that war, dont dishonour their memory with infantile rants - the fellow who claims to be in the US military - is that what you learnt in Westpoint?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Dede1(m): 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2010
oyb:

all this biafra noise is why sun tzu said crush your enemy to a pulp or some such. if nigeria had really run a brutal campaign, all these kids living their father dreams would be singing a different spiel - never again .

You have written like a true son of the soil. Please continue to dream. If these foolish Nigerians thought they would have defeated Biafra, one wonders why the leaders of great Nigeria still sought the help of Britain, USSR, Australia, Egypt, Chad, Arab leagues and Cameroon. Without the help from these countries and numerical superiority of Nigerian side not withstanding, Biafra would have had Nigeria for lunch.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by parates(m): 12:13am On Feb 18, 2010
There is always a back story behind every war,

Do you know that the Northerners planned to secede from Nigeria not until they were advised by the British Government not to do so,
Do you know that Ojukwu gave a chance to Awolowo to create a country for the yoruba’s to which Awolowo agreed in the first place but went straight to Gowon to laid bare the plans he and Ojukwu planned

Do you know that the Biafrans were not only fighting the Nigerian Army, rather they were also fighting with the British, American and Russians who supplied them guns and ammunition's and fighter jets which was flown by the Egyptian pilots,

Do you know that during the war, Biafrans were able to produce their rifles and pistols, bombs (ogbonigwe) as well as armored tanks that was being used to fight the war,

Do you know that the Biafran engineers where able to construct their own refinery to produce fuel

Do you know that after the war, the blue prints of what Biafrans manufactured during the war was taken to the Nigerian Government but it was thrown down the trash, little wonder why we cannot produce anything even our refineries do not work, where countries like Egypt and South African produce armored tanks and jet fighters, but we buy and we do not buy the latest ones, we buy old ones that they have abandoned(giant of Africa indeed)

Now imagine if a country can produce these things during the time of war, what will they do in the time of peace
Count Von Rosen a former British reporter described Biafra like this; ‘’Biafra is the only African country where the Africans themselves were truly in charge’’…….Ojukwu is a Hero to some and a villain to others, and to me he is a Hero
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 18, 2010
sorry dude

with all the do you know - biafra still lost the war.

Do you know that during the war, Biafrans were able to produce their rifles and pistols, bombs (ogbonigwe) as well as armored tanks that was being used to fight the war,

this one sounds like serious fabu

biafrans were smelting iron/steel to produce tank threads tank body etc? with all the enemies etal where were they getting the iron ore from?

there was an assembly line where the tanks were put together?

nostalgia is not always a good thing - sometimes you guys remind me of jt edson - i used to enjoy his paperbacks when was younger , but i later realised that they were cheap nostalgia aimed at putting the south in a good light and casting them as people who barely lost the war.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by EzeUche(m): 12:46am On Feb 18, 2010
I don't see why these Yorubas are gloating. The Hausa still treat them like houseboys.

A Hausa man knows that an Igbo man is not afraid of him, and the Hausa man knowns that the Yorubas are cowards opportunistic. That is why they show much disdain for them.

While the Yoruba think they have a "superior" culture, but produce weak men.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by location(m): 2:18am On Feb 18, 2010
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by lightwalk(m): 2:28am On Feb 18, 2010
^^Thank u!
EzeUche:

I don't see why these Yorubas are gloating. The Hausa still treat them like houseboys.

A Hausa man knows that an Igbo man is not afraid of him, and the Hausa man knowns that the Yorubas are cowards opportunistic. That is why they show much disdain for them.

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Tuyis: 2:48am On Feb 18, 2010
EzeUche:

Self-pity is a death that has no resurrection, a sinkhole from which no rescuing hand can drag you because you have chosen to sink.

- Elizabeth Elliot

The war ended some forty years ago! Move on, all of you.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by lightwalk(m): 2:52am On Feb 18, 2010
Tuyis:

Self-pity is a death that has no resurrection, a sinkhole from which no rescuing hand can drag you because you have chosen to sink.

- Elizabeth Elliot

The war ended some forty years ago!

Where is this self-pity you speak of?

&

What do you think is the purpose of History?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 2:56am On Feb 18, 2010
It’s like of you and Ojukwu that are weak. It’s funny how things change quickly in the world. At one time, once upon a time, time time, Ibos used to be one of the majority groups in Nigeria, but not anymore though.

Only an slowpoke or fool, we group ibos has a majority group. We need to cancel “WASOBIA,” because you and I, know for a fact that calling Biafrans a majority group, it’s just nominal shibboleth.
I think right now, the press has been fast forwarded, so ibos should take heart. Now, it’s Ijaws’ turn, maybe WASOBIA, can be reconstructed as WASOIJAW, tell me it doesn’t sound right?,
What a pity for Jews or Hebrew of Africa!!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by lightwalk(m): 3:14am On Feb 18, 2010
Oh, man of little wits!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by skyone(m): 3:21am On Feb 18, 2010
Dede1:

You have written like a true son of the soil. Please continue to dream. If these foolish Nigerians thought they would have defeated Biafra, one wonders why the leaders of great Nigeria still sought the help of Britain, USSR, Australia, Egypt, Chad, Arab leagues and Cameroon. Without the help from these countries and numerical superiority of Nigerian side not withstanding, Biafra would have had Nigeria for lunch.

i wonder how old you are sad and your shallow understanding of the Nigerian history is disgraceful.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by lightwalk(m): 3:23am On Feb 18, 2010
skyone:

i wonder how old you are sad and your shallow understanding of the Nigerian history is disgraceful.
And what right have you to judge him so?
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by supereagle(m): 4:08am On Feb 18, 2010
What Young Ibos Do Not Know About the War

Ojukwu caused Biafra to lose the war, any Ibo man who fought in the war will tell you the truth.
He ran away to Ivory Coast at the heat of the war- A true General will not abandon his troop.
His Anambra people did not support him during the war. hence he moved his capital to Umuahia.
He made his declaration at Ahiara, Imo State not in Anambra, his people did not support him
Yoruba Generals handled the most difficult terrains during the war.
3rd Marine Commando subdued Biafra .
Forget the painful memories . Many of you in this forum did not witness what happened
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by sophy09: 4:50am On Feb 18, 2010
For those of you who are in support and for those who want revenge, you have never experienced war. My prayer is that we do not go to war in Nigeria
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 5:08am On Feb 18, 2010
Yoruba is the gift of Africa and we are the true face of Africa together with Fon, Kwa and Gbe.
No Biafrans or Onyeigbo though, you are not from the family, go back to Israel where you belong.

Ibos the “Jews of Africa,” that’s all African Americans claim Yoruba heritage, because they view Jews and Hebrews as enemy of progress to black people. So, Ibos the black jews, you better watch out when the Black Supremacy and Black Panther are coming!
We African Americans hate Jews until they change their altitudes: http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=tS7eCH45Bhs&feature=related
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by gidson12(m): 5:47am On Feb 18, 2010
is this really done intentionally, putting topics that are prone to cause ethnic hatred right in the front page, is seun really incharge of nairaland anymore, or has he handed it over to some one else, i guess who ever is bringing up such topics in front pages is really enjoying wat is goin on. nairaland is fast becoming a disapointment
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 5:51am On Feb 18, 2010
We just letting Ibos know that we have tired of their rant and rave on YouTube and all other blogs. This will never stop unless you and your Ibo folks stop your polemic views of everything we do.
We Yorubas, we don't insult people if you don't insult us.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by kcibe: 6:10am On Feb 18, 2010
To me , this topic is absolutely not relevant. i bet everybody that if these NON-SENSE,reminders of how our fathers,mothers sisters and brothers were dealt with continue with these their useless act ,its not making the Igbo race any happier.Could these reviewers and their evil father called Gowon continue in these act,these could fuel an ugly situation. permit me to say the Ibo race of yester years are different from those of today.lets not debate our loss.it pains us to the marrow.Don't sensitize us to hate ojukwu, it will do you no good.dont provoke us beyond control .let every evil doer who never pitied the Ibo race keep quite so as to allow the sleeping dog lie.If you are carring out any research. dont let it be on this media.The Ibo man is courageous and brave,he might not be the loser in any duet of this days.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 6:21am On Feb 18, 2010
kcibe:

To me , this topic is absolutely not relevant. i bet everybody that if these NON-SENSE,reminders of how our fathers,mothers sisters and brothers were dealt with continue with these their useless act ,its not making the Igbo race any happier.Could these reviewers and their evil father called Gowon continue in these act,these could fuel an ugly situation. permit me to say the Ibo race of yester years are different from those of today.lets not debate our loss.it pains us to the marrow.Don't sensitize us to hate ojukwu, it will do you no good.dont provoke us beyond control .let every evil doer who never pitied the Ibo race keep quite so as to allow the sleeping dog lie.If you are carring out any research. dont let it be on this media.The Ibo man is courageous and brave,he might not be the loser in any duet of this days.

I understand how you feel. It is unfortunate that Yorubas make the most noise and keep mocking Igbos for the loss of this war. They forget that the wounds are still very fresh and real and that the more they gloat the more they invoke hate and bile. They forget that something can still happen in the future if they don't check their tongues. Not to encourage any violence but if any war should come again, do they think that Igbos will even look at Hausa people again? I speculate that Igbo will most likely completely ignore the north and simply move west to deal with Yoruba. We know what the Hausa want (OIL) and they can have it! But Yoruba better get ready. Nonsense.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 6:22am On Feb 18, 2010
EzeUche:

According to our history, we have just one coward and his name is Ojukwu. And only one weak people, Igbo people and I'm gonna tell you why.

In any shipwreck, the Captain is always the last person to leave the ship, but our one and only coward and betrayer of Igbo people shoved his people aside, bolted out the door and left his people for dead. He asked his people to make the ultimate sacrifice but he had no intentions of matching his people's efforts, he callously refused sacrifice the shortest hair on his body, he simply cut and run.

He showed up decades later to party and have a good time with the same people he risked so many lives to fight and defeat, he's even collecting pensions from the same enemy. The folks he lead to their deaths must be turning and shaking there heads in their graves.

Now we have these clueless loud mouths running all over the place with the same warped mentality.

One more time, Igbo people are the weakest people in Nigeria.

Hausa people whooped your a!s!s up north, but they are still your best friend from ZIK to Ekwueme and down to your current leaders. We don't give a hoot about you or Hausa people, abi you forgot how Fashola told your Yaradua to go pound stone.

3rd marine commando lead by 2 Yoruba colonels named Colonel Benjamin Adekunle (called the Black Scorpion) and Olusegun Obasanjo whooped your Biafran army to surrender. The Biafran army surrendered to Obasanjo, a Yoruba Yoruba, and you lost the freeking war anyways,

So who is weak?

Your lost because of your weakness and lousy planning.

How many Igbo men are out there fighting the system or anything anything at all ? Zero

What are you people doing? Nothing but running your weak mouth as as usual and crying and winning.

Yoruba people are weak? You must be out of your mind. Yoruba people have lost brave men and women who staked their lives and challenged the system from Fela, Fela's mother, Dele Giwa, Abiola, Kudirat Abiola, Bayo Ohu, Bola Ige and we still have Wole Shoyinka, Pastor Bakare, Femi Falana and others out there risking their lives for their fellow country men. What are you guys doing or have ever done.

What are you brave at? Losing wars and selling spare parts?

Ndo my brother.

When ever you develop the urge to utter that week Yoruba nonsense, always remember that you lost the war because Yoruba people whooped your ass and you surrendered to a Yoruba man. A power greater than you

Now, who is weak?

We try not to get into stuff like these because it's really unnecessary, but you guys spew and recycle so much Tombo talk that somebody got to give you the hard truth.

We don't start or go around threads needlessly dissing and spreading fallacies about Igbo people, from now on, count on us to respond accordingly. I'm not asking you to stop, just letting you know that we'll always be around with corner waiting to respond. It's your choice.

No more free pass my friend.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 6:31am On Feb 18, 2010
^^^
Like this stinking id'iot above. I bet you that if he hears the sound of a gun he will faint. Dirty coward.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 6:38am On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

I understand how you feel. It is unfortunate that Yorubas make the most noise and keep mocking Igbos for the loss of this war. They forget that the wounds are still very fresh and real and that the more they gloat the more they invoke hate and bile. They forget that something can still happen in the future if they don't check their tongues. Not to encourage any violence but if any war should come again, do they think that Igbos will even look at Hausa people again? I speculate that Igbo will most likely completely ignore the north and simply move west to deal with Yoruba. We know what the Hausa want (OIL) and they can have it! But Yoruba better get ready. Nonsense.

Onlyfool,
You and your ibo people that arbhor this quixotic belief that you will defeat yoruba at war, may need to renounce
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 6:40am On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Stop crying my friend.  You bring up your war thing by starting like a million threads a day to cry about it, also hide under Biafra while dissing Yoruba people. There's not a single Biafra thread on NL without a single jab at Yoruba people and the rest of Nigeria. For what I don't know.

How do you think other people feel when you go on your anti Yoruba rampage?

How do you think they feel when you call them Cowards and betrayers even tho' I'm still waiting for one of you to tell mee how Yoruba people betrayed your doomed from the beginning war? I don't know what you want from Yoruba people. Ojukwu declared Biafra republic, not Oduabiafra republic so I hope one of you guys go dey kind enough to explain the betrayer and coward thing. Abi did Yoruba people signed a pact to follow Ojukwu to the battled field and they reneged? Abi Ojukwu promised to give Yoruba people oil blocks in the delta for their support and Yoruba people turned him down?

And for whatever warped reason, when Ojuwku attacked Ore, what was he thinking? Invading, conquering, occupying Yorubaland? Was he thinking Yoruba people wanna be under or be ruled by Igbo people? What da hell was he smoking. Y'all lucky we didn't take any strong offense to that dumb and sheisty move,

Anyways, y'all are free to talk about your Biafra till y'all turn blue, just leave Yoruba people out of it our have us respond accordingly. SIMPLE.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by babapupa: 6:42am On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^
Like this stinking id'iot above. I bet you that if he hears the sound of a gun he will faint. Dirty coward.

You mean the same coward that whooped your ass and that you surrendered to?

Continue with your loser talk, you must need something to make you fell better about your sorry situation.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by kyuubi: 6:45am On Feb 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Was that not what you tried back then? were you not trying to invade the west, only to get your behind whooped  grin
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by akigbemaru: 6:52am On Feb 18, 2010
Onlyfool,
You and your ibo people that abhor this quixotic belief that you will defeat yoruba at war, may need to renounce such notion. I say I am bigger than you; you ask is it not by little.
We don’t Gani Adam and his OPC group to do this, we youth we do that on our own.

How many are ibos as compared to Yoruba?
I just showed your stupid arse about 3 million Yoruba Iraqis.
Let just my Yoruba people in common Iraq fight you. They are known as black Iraqis, they numbered more than 3 millions. Check this link for your information: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=9mzr_b0fLOU&v=5Y42AyGpno4

If you want to fight Yoruba, you should be ready to fight 3 million Yoruba Iraqis too, plus Black Panthers and all black Americans. Because, you all fre.akin African Jews and we hate both white jews and you (ibos) black jews too.

You better keep way, when the black panthers’ guns busrting, because they never jammed. http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=tS7eCH45Bhs&feature=related

Yea, black supremacy for life, Bleep middle east jews and eastern Nigeria Jews. We still beat Bata drum in America as a sign of black power. African jews (ibos) y’all lose!!
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 6:54am On Feb 18, 2010
^^^
We never knew who the real enemy was then. We thought it was Hausa. Do you know how much resources we lost fighting everybody? Now it is only Yoruba. You are no match to the Igbo. cool
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by Onlytruth(m): 6:57am On Feb 18, 2010
akamubrain, if you noticed I ignore you for your id'iocy. This conversation is helping the Igbo know who the real enemy is. This is my last comment to you.
Re: Ojukwu Used Starvation As A Deliberate Strategy During Civil War. by EzeUche(m): 7:25am On Feb 18, 2010
akigbemaru:

Onlyfool,
You and your ibo people that abhor this quixotic belief that you will defeat yoruba at war, may need to renounce such notion. I say I am bigger than you; you ask is it not by little.
We don’t Gani Adam and his OPC group to do this, we youth we do that on our own.

How many are ibos as compared to Yoruba?
I just showed your silly arse about 3 million Yoruba Iraqis.
Let just my Yoruba people in common Iraq fight you. They are known as black Iraqis, they numbered more than 3 millions. Check this link for your information: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=9mzr_b0fLOU&v=5Y42AyGpno4

If you want to fight Yoruba, you should be ready to fight 3 million Yoruba Iraqis too, plus Black Panthers and all black Americans. Because, you all fre.akin African Jews and we hate both white jews and you (ibos) black jews too.

You better keep way, when the black panthers’ guns busrting, because they never jammed. http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=tS7eCH45Bhs&feature=related

Yea, black supremacy for life, bleep middle east jews and eastern Nigeria Jews. We still beat Bata drum in America as a sign of black power. African jews (ibos) y’all lose!!

You could never claim the akatas of North America, because they most of them are of Igbo descent.

Anyway, we already know you Yorubas are cowards. As the Hausa were killing innocent Igbos, your people were in the background cheering the Hausa on like some little school girls. We Igbos fought the Hausa, Yoruba, the Brits and other Western powers who supported the FG for years! Only starvation defeated us! The ingenuity of the Igbo race is above all you lesser people. Especially you so called "civilized" Yoruba!

A Yoruba man can never defeat an Igbo in a 1 on 1 fight. If war was to come to Nigeria, the Igbo would move quickly and punish the Yoruba for their cowardly ways. At least I have a little respect for the Hausa, because they will fight for what they believe in. The Yoruba are to opportunistic to stand up and fight for a cause. You all kill each other for political gain.  No one can trust you Yorubas.

A day of reckoning will come and the Ndi Igbo will defeat your weak people. Now continue to wear your skinny jeans and act like you all have this "swagga" while we Igbo are just waiting for the right time to strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sokoto Electorate To Commence Recall Of Defected Lawmakers – CCSS / Reno Omokri: How Suleiman Abba's Poor Memory Exposed His Own Lies / ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.