Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) (34484 Views)

Aisha Alhassan's Convoy Ferried On A Wooden Boat Across A River. Photos / Shehu Atiku Abubakar Holds Town Hall Meeting In Cross River (photos) / Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
ITbomb:

I beg to differ
Ibibio, Annang, Eket and even Oron speaks dialect of the same language. The difference is just like the Igbo spoken in Owerri and that of Anambra or Aba.

But for Cross River, Ikom and Efik speaks very significantly different languages altogether. It's not a dialect.
Unlike Akwa Ibom, Cross River is really a Babylon of languages

it's only an Oron man dat will say dat, because it is only Oron people dat understand all other dialects.

an Ibibio man does not understand a word in the Oron dialect, The Okobo dialect is worst... it's the Eket language which is a mixture of Oron and Ibibio, that they get close.

I feel u r an Oronian, because if 2 Oron people converse, those who speak Ibibio/Annang do not get to decode anything the say.. I am An Ibibio boy who grew up on the streets in Oron... I know what I am talking about.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by pazienza(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

lols.
but u Guys speak Efik rite ? Eket people are not Ibibio, but the fact that we all have the Ibibio/Efik language with which we can converse with all members of the Akwa/Cross.
we hv a sense of brodahood, wen mixed in a country of 270 different languages

I'm not from Ikom.

Eket people are Ibibiod.

Ikom isn't. Their language is distinct.

2 Likes

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by muller101(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

oya continue...
thing is u can try sowing ur seeds of discord.. all we will do is to take out the seeds cook it, say grace before meals... and then chop it. no long thing.
continue to deceive yourself

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

The Chinese in their hundreds will flood into that village by tommorow and start illegal mining of those iron ore

Chinese and illegal mining

They are smart
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by adoyi81: 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
This Forest will soon suffer destruction, in the name mining. SMH
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
pazienza:

I'm not from Ikom.

Eket people are Ibibiod.

Ikom isn't. Their language is distinct.

you are not from Ikom..
you are IGBO, but u claim to speak on behalf of Ikom people to an Ibibio man.

Ikpa u r not fit to do dat..
wen I say dat all part of Cross river and Akwa Ibom state Understand Efik/Ibibio to be able to converse... We the Akwa/Cross people know this.. All other part of Akwa Cross, speak(not fluently) and understand Efik and Ibibio) but the Efik/Ibibio people hv difficulty understanding the other, Oron, Ekid, Ikom dialects.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
Amberon11:
Throughout history black people have never been able to do meaningful things without the white man. Shameful!

I told one of my boss today that, after God it is the white man, he was arguing..

If not for the white man, Africa will still be wearing animal skin grin

2 Likes

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Amberon11: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Very true. Just imagine telephone, TVs, computers, cars, aeroplanes, dish washers , washing machines, microwave ovens etc, none invented by a black man. All the scientists who impacted the world were all white too. Its a huge shame indeed.
udemzyudex:

I told one of my boss today that, after God it is the white man, he was arguing..

If not for the white man, Africa will still be wearing animal skin grin
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
ITbomb:
Good development But my question is always, why waiting for outsiders to come and discover stuff in our backyard when we have research centres with PhDs and Profs.

Imagine our children reading in history books that China discovered iron ore in Cross River Nigeria as if we be mumu

Who funds the research? Exploration is capital intensive...
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Cross River is is truly blessed with natural resources, not some barren lands.

Long live Cross River state
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Correct, Barites are there also
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
Caustics:
Very bad. I discovered small deposits of iron and tin ore in my backyard when i was 10 years old. what do we have professors and phd holders in this country for?
What do you want them to do? To carry out research with empty pocket?
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Splashme: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Amberon11:
Throughout history black people have never been able to do meaningful things without the white man. Shameful!
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
I will advice the relevant authority to send GEOLOGY/GEOPHYSICST to the area to carry out a detailed Survey by adopting d best technique (Geophysical, Geotechnical etc) and also determine the commercial viability of this mineral.
Nigeria is richly Blessed. #GodBlessNigeria..
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by pazienza(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

you are not from Ikom..
you are IGBO, but u claim to speak on behalf of Ikom people to an Ibibio man.

Ikpa u r not fit to do dat..
wen I say dat all part of Cross river and Akwa Ibom state Understand Efik/Ibibio to be able to converse... We the Akwa/Cross people know this.. All other part of Akwa Cross, speak(not fluently) and understand Efik and Ibibio) but the Efik/Ibibio people hv difficulty understanding the other, Oron, Ekid, Ikom dialects.

Not true.
An Ikom man has no reason to learn Efik, unless he personally wants to.

Northern Cross River groups are ethnically distinct from Efik/Ibibio people and did/do crave for independence from Efiks, right from the days of Eastern region.

Their cry for Ogoja state had so far failed to materialise.

They dread the Efik/Ibibio domination, as much as they feared Igbo domination in the Eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
Amberon11:
Very true. Just imagine telephone, TVs, computers, cars, aeroplanes, dish washers , washing machines, microwave ovens etc, none invented by a black man. All the scientists who impacted the world were all white too. Its a huge shame indeed.
I read black man invented somethings, but guess what they didn't do it in Africa.. It was in the white man land where they have the good environment and available resources to showcase their talent.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by crazysam001: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Caustics:
Very bad. I discovered small deposits of iron and tin ore in my backyard when i was 10 years old. what do we have professors and phd holders in this country for?

Because you haven't told anybody since you discovered it and wouldn't tell anyone till now and whoever you told cant and wouldn't do shit about it. That's what you need us for, to know what to do when we find it and not come here bragging about the t.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
pazienza:

Not true.
An Ikom man has no reason to learn Efik, unless he personally wants to.

Northern Cross River groups are ethnically distinct from Efik/Ibibio people and did/do crave for independence from Efiks, right from the days of Eastern region.

Their cry for Ogoja state had so far failed to materialise.

They dread the Efik/Ibibio domination, as much as they feared Igbo domination in the Eastern region.

no wonder.
You are an Ipob footsoldier, you feel that an Ikom man wants to be More with Igbos than with Ibibio Efik... hahahahahaha.

you peoples delusion is out of this world.
Oron people hv been clamouring for a state too, becos unlike Ikom, Oron people hv been not been fully in the govt, but the region produces most of the oil enjoyed by Aks.
Ogoja state is because Calabar is very very wide, and the Ogoja is very far from the Capital... not for all those ur forked up reasons. there's no single tribe in Nigeria that would love to be in a union with Igbos, because of folks like u, who will love to feel that an Ikom man will love to speak IGBO than speak Efik... An Ikom man does not need to speak or learn Efik... they know it already.. because as brodas and sisters we intermarry..
my cousin is an Ikom man, my dad's young sister married from there..
So bhro, your attempts at sowing some discord between brodas hv failed, an Oron man has more reason to break away from Aks, than an Ikom man from Calabar.. Ikom is mostly as a reason of Administrative reasons.. Oron is because they are politically maligned..

I am an Akwa/Cross streetboy, who got enlightened reading ebooks, I know Akwa/cross because I hv ran most of its streets... I hv played in most of its neighborhoods, Oron, Uyo, Ikom, Calabar South, Ikom, Ibiono... this are my home, anytym anyday.

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Caustics: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
crazysam001:

Because you haven't told anybody since you discovered it and wouldn't tell anyone till now and whoever you told cant and wouldn't do shit about it. That's what you need us for, to know what to do when we find it and not come here bragging about the t.
STFU.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by pazienza(m): 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

no wonder.
You are an Ipob footsoldier, you feel that an Ikom man wants to be More with Igbos than with Ibibio Efik... hahahahahaha.

Oron people hv been clamouring for a state too, becos unlike Ikom, Oron people hv been not been fully in the govt, but the region produces most of the oil enjoyed by Aks.
Ogoja state is because Calabar is very very wide, and the Ogoja is very far from the Capital... not for all those ur forked up reasons. there's no single tribe in Nigeria that would love to be in a union with Igbos, because of folks like u, who will love to feel that an Ikom man will love to speak IGBO than speak Efik... An Ikom man does not need to speak or learn Efik... they know it already.. because as brodas and sisters we intermarry..
So bhro, your attempts at sowing some discord between brodas hv failed, an Oron man has more reason to break away from Aks, than an Ikom man from Calabar.. Ikom is mostly as a reason of Administrative reasons.. Oron is because they are politically maligned..

I am an Akwa/Cross streetboy, who got enlightened reading ebooks, I know Akwa/cross because I hv ran most of its streets... I hv played in most of its neighborhoods, Oron, Uyo, Ikom, Calabar South, Ikom, Ibiono... this are my home, anytym anyday.

Lol!
Funny guy. And you think I don't know Ikom and environment too?

Keep living in fantasy world.

No one ever mentioned Biafra or Ipob here, you are the one that did.

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
ITbomb:

More Pics and Source: https://www.naijahq.com/2017/08/massive-iron-ore-deposits-discovered-cross-river-state/
They should exploit it as soon as possible. Nigeria needs the foreign exchange.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
pazienza:

Lol!
Funny guy. And you think I don't know Ikom and environment too?

Keep living in fantasy world.

No one ever mentioned Biafra or Ipob here, you are the one that did.

I know ur ilks and what u Guys love doing... Just imagine the height of delusion.. for an IGBO boy to say that an Ikom man feels an IGBO man is more brotherly to him than an Efik man... ikpa you should be necklaced with tire and burnt for that...

that thought is so scandalous... how do u people survive with such delusion ? I know if Kanu tells u Guys dat night is day, u Guys will bliv... imagine an IGBO man claiming that Ikom people love and cherish IGBO people, and will readily stay in the same room with an IGBO man Dan stay in the same community with an Efik man... You guys deserve to be flogged.. lols
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by freshest4live: 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
igbodefender:
They should exploit it as soon as possible. Nigeria needs the foreign exchange.
If the Governor is wise, he would also seek for help from Nigerians in diaspora experienced in the field, we can't leave it all to the Chinese.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by obinon(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
muller101:
not really. Just that I hate anything deforestation
ok.I am into it,and your fear was what ran through my mind on reading this. smiley
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by omohayek: 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
freshest4live:

If the Governor is wise, he would also seek for help from Nigerians in diaspora experienced in the field, we can't leave it all to the Chinese.
But why would they bother, when the federal government would just claim ownership and then give a "generous" 13% of any revenues back to the state government? What would be in it for these Nigerians coming from the diaspora? Would you return from a comfortable life in a place like Australia, America or Canada, in order to devote your precious skills to an enterprise from which you will never earn a kobo?

All those on here who have attacked Nigerian professors and PhD holders for supposedly lacking real-world expertise are fundamentally misguided; the problem isn't a lack of expertise, and won't be solved by bringing in Nigerians in the diaspora. The true problem with resource extraction in Nigeria is that people don't have absolute rights to what they discover, not even on their own "private property", so they lack any financial incentive to do anything with whatever they might find: on the contrary, the danger is that by alerting the FG to any highly valuable finds, they run the risk of having their property seized without compensation by the government "for reasons of state", so it's better for them to keep their mouths shut and at least retain usage of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by pazienza(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

I know ur ilks and what u Guys love doing... Just imagine the height of delusion.. for an IGBO boy to say that an Ikom man feels an IGBO man is more brotherly to him than an Efik man... ikpa you should be necklaced with tire and burnt for that...

that thought is so scandalous... how do u people survive with such delusion ? I know if Kanu tells u Guys dat night is day, u Guys will bliv... imagine an IGBO man claiming that Ikom people love and cherish IGBO people, and will readily stay in the same room with an IGBO man Dan stay in the same community with an Efik man... You guys deserve to be flogged.. lols

Lol!

You just keep pulling trash up from your poo hole.

Where exactly did I say all that you are rambling above?

Are you well at all?

3 Likes

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by crazysam001: 12:11am On Aug 17, 2017
Caustics:
STFU.

Tag your friends to come see how bada$$ you are
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by MarvelousMe: 1:11am On Aug 17, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

no wonder.

grin grin

This my guy, if you've lived in Calabar then you know that the Efiks view the Ibibios with some kind of contempt and suspicions a bit like the view you hold of the Igbos.
They consider us as nuisance and nothing but trouble makers and and... I'm sure you know the rest. But it doesn't stop us from coexisting and inter-marrying and being brothers
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by ezeagu(m): 1:18am On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria's baboon government has been looking for a reason to dig up this pristine forest and it seems the Chinese have given them one.

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 1:22am On Aug 17, 2017
ezeagu:
Nigeria's baboon government has been looking for a reason to dig up this pristine forest and it seems the Chinese have given them one.

No they haven't. The rejected Cross River's super highway EIA 3 times over issues like this. They will have to apply for mining permit and have environmental reclamation plan in place.

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 2:20am On Aug 17, 2017
MarvelousMe:

grin grin

This my guy, if you've lived in Calabar then you know that the Efiks view the Ibibios with some kind of contempt and suspicions a bit like the view you hold of the Igbos.
They consider us as nuisance and nothing but trouble makers and and... I'm sure you know the rest. But it doesn't stop us from coexisting and inter-marrying and being brothers

dats true.
even in Oron Ibibios are viewed somehow... but then, its not skin deep, wen d states are down, all we see is that in the midst of many, we are brothers.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by crazysam001: 2:33am On Aug 17, 2017
Chukazu:

Are you sure you from cross river?

The cross river I know share a lot in common with South East and Abia state in particular... This is just a seed of discord

A certain chukazu knows Cross River, thank God for one Nigeria IPOB, Excrement.
Re: Iron Ore Discovered In Cross River (Photos) by Victor593(m): 3:23am On Aug 17, 2017
Thank God. I can now go back to my community in cross river state and begin agitating for my country.Bantu country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Rail Line Nears Completion, Engineers Launch Final Track Beam / Photos: President Jonathan Celebrates Christmas In Abuja / Dino Melaye's Aide Releases Statement On His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.