Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC (23025 Views)

FG Approves Bailout For Broadcast Stations / National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by ehemwhy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
IaIasticIaIa:

Last warning

Lala.... U can threaten me all you want ... U can even ban me ...its all good ....truth is there should be some sory of control over speeches on this forum ....a bit constructive crictisism won't do u any harm
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by malware: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
Leez:

lol stop twisting d tale
wat nbc is doing is only done in military rule or dictatorship
wen gej n igbos were insulted during d build up to 2015 i didnt hear nbc say anytin

Go to America and threaten to evict a particular race from a particular area im the name of freedom of speech and see if you would be allowed to go ScotFree.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Dougthy(m): 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
I guess the listeners and viewers that calls-in should be preparing to send text messages to the radio and TV stations short code 'cos I don't think they will be receiving more than 2 calls per show/program oooo
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Leez(m): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
malware:

Go to America and threaten to evict a particular race from a particular area im the name of freedom of speech and see if you would be allowed to go ScotFree.
u are comparing a crime to freedom of speech.
BLM happened in america and d national guard was called to calm tins
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by femijay8271(m): 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
" He also said programs can only have five call-in shows per day." Na waoo, Things just turning upside down in this Korntri.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 7:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
What happens to hate recruitment, employment and appointments?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by madridguy(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good move.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Pistolx(m): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
They Are Indirecting Talking To Liberty Tv And Fm I Stoped Watching That Station You Will Hear Callers Making Genocide And Tribal Coment And The Presenter Will Look The Other Way
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by IJOBA2: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Dan Baba, Chief Larry grin
MR THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROM EBUTE-META- MR SAM
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by smellingmenses: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
amuokuko:
How I wish NBC could also bring such Fine to Nairaland...

Tired of the hating, we do this today not knowing what it holds for us tomorrow..
It won't work. It is better they let us have our say....
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by ikorodureporta: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
kitaatita:

Nairaland is no longer important for anything serious. Can you open Nairaland in an aircraft or public space and expect to be taken serious in subsequent conversation.

cheesy
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by VickyRotex(f): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
ehemwhy:

Lala na wetin self? U can ban me all u want ... Truth is there should be some sort of control over speeches on this site .... A little constructive criticism won't do u any harm

That's not Lalasticlala. Ignore the troll. He is just trying hard to impersonate the Mod.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:
This is an infringement on freedom of speech.

A person is free to make any statement however such state could be subject to litigation.

The NBC should instruct all radio stations to have recording for all callers and then if the notice a defamatory statement, the should track down the caller and sue the person.

oga, u can't be more civilised than America, Facebook,EU etc, who are all fighting hate speeches.... America is the latest victim of this menace
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
EntMirror:
The last time I check, we're in a democratic state where freedom to make comment, whether hateful or otherwise is allowed. If 80% of callers were hateful in their comment, that means something is seriously wrong and they should device a way to solve whatever issue that's onboard. However, reverse is the case in this discombobulated nation. Instead of looking for solution, they are looking for a way to suppress the press.

You guys should kontinue
I guess USA, Europe, Facebook etc are undemocratic for also fighting hate speeches
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by lastclaire4(f): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
In other words, they are saying that there should be no live programme where callers can say how they feel. The sad thing is that we were warned but we never listened.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ganja109:
What then happened to the freedom of speech bill?
ask Americans on their stance on hate speeches..... EU and Facebook are also fighting it
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by enimooko: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
GOOD DEVELOPMENT. Money to be made from those who cannot control their tongue on regulated media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Iamzik: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thrash

What is NBC definition of hate speech because our understanding is always different from the rest of the world. I bet asking the president to resume or resign will also ba tagged hate speech.

Matters in court cannot be discussed on air? You mean Nigerians cannot Air their views on national issues??

The press is not subject to this sort of restriction even in developed countries.

Yes hate speech is a no no but to forbid citizens from talking about a matter simply because it's in court is tyrannical. Dead on arrival.

Any law that contradicts the constitution stands null and void. We have freedom of (responsible) speech. And it is recognized globally
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
Globallords:
My dear country oo, i pity the future of an ordinary man. This administration is just too harsh.
Google the biggest new in USA in last few days..... U will know it's not only Nigerian that's against this menace
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jettage:
With this draconian punishment for the media outlet, it is confirmed that the Nigerian state have no regards for freedom of expression.

In the United States, the president is being taunted by citizens when they feel unsatisfied by his administration. The Obama's administration suffered a huge tongue bashing from the American people, some were even so daring as to pour ice cream on him in one of the public places No one was made to pay fines for that [color=#990000][/color]
Nigeria is too entrenched in tradition and is still as backward as the days of Lamurudu, Laws are made to protect the myopic irresponsible few not for the interest of the people.

There is no better evidence than this to show to the world that Nigeria as a country is damaged good

u just spewed trash....... Update ur knowledge on hate speeches..... This law is mild compared to what's happening in usa and Europe
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
vladimiros:

do u even listen to radio

most hate speech they are referring too is attack on buhari..

ur government is silencing you from hospital bed in london
u are wrong.... The ibo hatred speech against hausa and hausa to ibo it what they are targeting.... Just like the charltonville saga in usa

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by goodvision12(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/17/national-broadcasting-commission-moves-censor-phone-programs
Nawa oo wetin dey happen for this country sef.Is there no more freedom of speech?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
One of the few sensible comments on this thread
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by enimooko: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
The dictator aspect is what is worrying
“Newspaper reviews can only be broadcast once a day in a station. Anything more than that would amount to a breach of the new rule,” This one should be contested in court and if the judges have received dollars as usual we will marsh to Mr. Matthew and give him a "mashing" order.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by jashar(f): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
They are madt. We must to talk. Iranu oshi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The People's Presidential Debate Live On TVC / Peter Obi Interview With Arise TV On May 17, 2022 / Ibrahim Oloriegbe: 17 Delegates Refunded Money I Gave Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.