Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC (23022 Views)

FG Approves Bailout For Broadcast Stations / National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
amuokuko:

Well, my day ain't complete without listening to radio, which I am doing now.
I don't believe the hate speech restriction is towards buhari but towards the peace nd unity of nigeria..

Any day I perceive it's towards Buhari, I will join you with ur protest...
u shudnt bother replying many ignorant youths in this forum......hate speech is currently the biggest menace the world is facing, especially in usa, which is currently trying hard to curb it in the last 2 days

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Zenithpeak(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
We told them not to vote for APC.....

Now, intimidation on every front.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
amuokuko:

Hmm
Hate speech is an exception to Freedom of speech...

No its not
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by amuokuko: 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
EasyWork001:

No its not

If it's not, can u support ur claim with something reasonable....
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by enemyofprogress: 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Later they wl extend it to seun & lalasticlala's domain
they have already done their own by restricting us on the Muslim threads
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Ajeyo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
The vice president fell on this,he is my pastor,I am a Deacon in the same RCCG where he worships,but He is wrong on this,How can the presenters know what the person that called in wants to say?Politicians will push us to the wall and we know what it means,wrestling.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by enemyofprogress: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
Zenithpeak:
We told them not to vote for APC.....

Now, intimidation on every front.
they've not even started, wait till next year
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by signz: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
kitaatita:

Nairaland is no longer important for anything serious. Can you open Nairaland in an aircraft or public space and expect to be taken serious in subsequent conversation.

Funny but True
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Unimaginable123: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
EntMirror:
The last time I check, we're in a democratic state where freedom to make comment, whether hateful or otherwise is allowed. If 80% of callers were hateful in their comment, that means something is seriously wrong and they should device a way to solve whatever issue that's onboard. However, reverse is the case in this discombobulated nation. Instead of looking for solution, they are looking for a way to suppress the press.

You guys should kontinue
how do u even determine if a speech is a hate speech or not?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by themanderon: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Things fall apart when the center can no longer hold. Shebi they were rejoicing and making hate speeches against the "stealing is not corruption" man, now the same portion is being dished out to them cold and they are screaming hate speech. Those that live in glass houses don't throw stones.
This blasted government is doing basically everything they accused the last one of doing and they sadly do not have anywhere to hide cos the chicken has come home to......

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by bizzibodi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
NBC are just waking up frm there slumber,almost too late.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
Osinbanjo should build more prisons and allocate more money for prison feeding, cos we are many in number. No one will take away my right to free speech, not even coordinator general of Nigiritia.

2 Likes

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
amuokuko:

If it's not, can u support ur claim with something reasonable....

1. What qualifies as hate speech is subjective

2. There is no provision in the Constitution that restricts freedom of speech in instances where such speech might be deemed 'hate speech'

3. We know ppl like you qualify dissent and critique of govt as hate speech. For your information, such a view is backward, so sit up, sir
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by kkins25(m): 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Billyonaire:
Osinbanjo should build more prisons and allocate more money for prison feeding, cos we are many in number. No one will take away my right to free speech, not even coordinator general of Nigiritia.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Victorclean1: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria is turning into dictatorship
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Dede1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
The liberal section of any society does not like or appreciate freedom of speech. In addition, the liberal group does not allow opposing views, very intolerant of opinions contrary to its opinion and likes the use of government to control people. The liberal groups in developed countries are mirror images of Africans and utterly pretentious. The so-called liberals in the developed countries of the world, like Africans, are closet communists. They have invented the phrase known as “Hate Speech” which is intended to be used against opposition in their drive of counter culture agenda. The liberals in developed countries knew that such crap flies in the face of freedom of speech and cannot be pushed to merit constituted law. However in Africa, it is a different case because most Africans are idiotic and less sophisticated than their European and American colleagues hence the push to have hate speech outlawed despite the fact it runs contrary to freedom of speech is on a high gear in most African legislative bodies or governments. It is plain laughable when dumbass Africans boastfully talk about strives of democracy in Africa. The need to call people out for what they represent cannot be muzzled up with the accusation of hate speech.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by charlesucheh(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Anti-buhari every where! Just because of this development! After all, it started because of what happened in the north! So what's the fuzz all about! To me, this new development was objectively drafted and should stand!
How can somebody call a live station and start throwing insults indiscriminately at the GCOFRN? Who does that?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Badonasty(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by DabuIIIT: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
When the bloody apc was opposition and inveighed horribly on the then rulling pdp and Gej,what was their reaction when Gej/Pdp replied the vituperations and insults,GO TO COURT. They made use of the media to deceive gullible nigerians and got to power..now they are removing the very pedestal and ladder with which they launched themselves into power. I only pity nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by amuokuko: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
EasyWork001:

1. What qualifies as hate speech is subjective

2. There is no provision in the Constitution that restricts freedom of speech in instances where such speech might be deemed 'hate speech'

3. We know ppl like you qualify dissent and critique of govt as hate speech. For your information, such a view is backward, so sit up, sir

Yes, ur number 3 suggests I am backward, but I will prefer such backwardness than to an educated man like you who does not know that there are exceptions to freedom of speech, pls check ur section 39(3) nd 45(1) of 99 constitution.

Secondly, hussle hard to procure a DSTV cable to enable see wat is going on in America today because of hate speech.

Lastly, u re free to call ur governor a rapist (since u love exercising ur speech freedom) but don't wail wen the same court that upholds freedom of speech sends u to jail..
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by RZArecta(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
ExInferis:

Useless native ijaw monkey bastard son of a half-blind fisherman.
LOL, is that what you scream when your father knacks you dôggy style ? grin grin
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Zenithpeak(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
enemyofprogress:
they've not even started, wait till next year

Are you saying terrible days are still ahead?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by evansjeff(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Cyynthia:
Rubbish !!.

This govt is allergic to truth. I will keep saying the truth and nobody will stop me.

My mind is telling me that they will come for owner of this forum to deactivate comment section. But God pass them
you simply haven't understood what this means, now let me ask you. Which ever side you belong to....

are you happy when you see Yorubas and igbos calling themselves all sorts of name on this platform?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Smooyis(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Meaning freedom of speech is limited to good and lovely speech. Ok am watching. grin
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
amuokuko:

Yes, ur number 3 suggests I am backward, but I will prefer such backwardness than to an educated man like you who does not know that there are exceptions to freedom of speech, pls check ur section 39(3) nd 45(1) of 99 constitution.

Secondly, hussle hard to procure a DSTV cable to enable see wat is going on in America today because of hate speech.

Lastly, u re free to call ur governor a rapist (since u love exercising ur speech freedom) but don't wail wen the same court that upholds freedom of speech sends u to jail..

Firstly, I would rather call your own governor a rapist. The state that produced such a half-baked citizen like yourself most likely has a deviant at the helm of its affairs. Your are a poor representative of your state.

Secondly, what's happening in America is borne from violence, not hate speech per se. White nationalism didn't start yesterday and regardless of that, NeoNazis are still free to express their toxic hatred in words. Why? Freedom of speech, you half-baked muffin. Pick up a book, it wont kill you.

Lastly, what qualifies as hate speech is subjective. If taken to its conclusion, at best it will require judicial interpretation on a case by case basis. As is, anyone who isn't shouting 'Sai Baba' is spouting hate speech.

Btw, don't mention me again, you have mouth odor. If you do, I'll make mention of the mother that birthed you, father that bred you, etc. It wont be nice, trust me
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by kelvine(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please which application did you use to change the text in the pic

Seguntimmy:
If people called and start insulting these bad administration due to the frustration they've been passing through, so na the station go pay? Shey na dem tel d person to call?
These NBC are some how becoming dumb o.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by RZArecta(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
ajealadick:

Then die and be free.
okada fall on you my nigga cool
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by sweatlana: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
martineverest:
oga, u can't be more civilised than America, Facebook,EU etc, who are all fighting hate speeches.... America is the latest victim of this menace
I never said they shouldn't fight hate speech but NBC has no right to hold radio stations accountable to what their callers choose to say.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by martineverest(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

I never said they shouldn't fight hate speech but NBC has no right to hold radio stations accountable to what their callers choose to say.
they do... Look at what "your view" the anchors do.... They cut ur line fast when u start pouring out hatred
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Innov8ve1: 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
this country is getting worse each day. so people cant be allowed to air their views on the terrible situation of the country and corrupt practices of politicians under the guise of hate speech. i am sure this policy is coming to as to reduce bad press on buhari's government which has been fueled by "ourmumudondo" campaign.

this governemnt is afraid of the truth and will use every means to supress it and limit freedom of speech. there you have it, the party of change has come to make things worse for her citizens. Anyone who speaks against the government will be arrested and you say buhari is not a tyrant and a dictator? make i hear word
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by LeSaint(m): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Later they wl extend it to seun & lalasticlala's domain

That's overdue already.

Too many hateful mofos loading N100 recharge card to spew rubbish on the social media.
They should not only be banned instantly, but their IP and SSID should be displayed to identify their sorry ass.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by UnchangeableGod: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
4dor:

That's not hate speech, saying Igbos should leave the north or be killed is hate speech.
That's is not the issue sir. The problem is that is that it is the people in the present government that will define 'hate speech' and who is guilty or not. The motive behind it is the point. Saying that media houses will be paying the cost of voluntary phone calls from viewers who are not even complaining, is one that seems very poor to me in this whole brouhaha. How are you sure the fight against hate speech will not be selective and targeted at the opposition and dissenting voices as that of the fight against corruption?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Planning To Steal ₦13.5 Billion Through School Feeding Programme — PDP / Gombe Governor Inuwa Appoints Igboman, Chidebelu Ewuzie, 2 Others / Massive Protest In Abuja As Shi'ites Hold Rally In Support Of Palestine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.