Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC (23021 Views)

FG Approves Bailout For Broadcast Stations / National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by MykellOni(m): 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Come o so u mean people no longer have d rights to air out deir minds? O God wat are dese mediocres turning us to? Returning us to slavery and life without rights? God pass dem. Shebi dat one is still in uk receiving treatments he will neva respond to abi, no wahala, lemme come and b going b4 dey will start accusing me of hate speech

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Innov8ve1: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
martineverest:
they do... Look at what "your view" the anchors do.... They cut ur line fast when u start pouring out hatred
their oga is an apc member, the anchors wouldnt want to be queried for allowing a caller blast his party members. this is what this country has been reduced into, "bigotry"
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by UnchangeableGod: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

I never said they shouldn't fight hate speech but NBC has no right to hold radio stations accountable to what their callers choose to say.
I wonder o! Besides their definition of hate speech may be different from that of the government.

1 Like

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by LeSaint(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
That's is not the issue sir. The problem is that is that it is the people in the present government that will define 'hate speech' and who is guilty or not. The motive behind it is the point. Saying that media houses will be paying the cost of voluntary phone calls from viewers who are not even complaining, is one that seems very poor to me in this whole brouhaha. How are you sure the fight against hate speech will not be selective and targeted at the opposition and dissenting voices as that of the fight against corruption?

Hate speech is what it is - hateful, and dangerous and detrimental to peace and national cohesion and harmony.
If you don't have any good or helpful thing to say, keep the fvck quiet. If you are aggrieved about something, take your issue to the appropriate authorities.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Innov8ve1: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
i believe the selfish goal behind this policy is to ensure that people dont hear the dirty things this government does which are better expressed by callers on programs aired on radio and tv. imagine these guys saying newspaper headlines mustnt be read more than once? like seriously how is that NBC's business?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by LeSaint(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hate speech is terrorism. So said our Ag. President.
I like that categorization.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by amuokuko: 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
EasyWork001:

Firstly, I would rather call your own governor a rapist. The state that produced such a half-baked citizen like yourself most likely has a deviant at the helm of its affairs. Your are a poor representative of your state.

Secondly, what's happening in America is borne from violence, not hate speech per se. White nationalism didn't start yesterday and regardless of that, NeoNazis are still free to express their toxic hatred in words. Why? Freedom of speech, you half-baked muffin. Pick up a book, it wont kill you.

Lastly, what qualifies as hate speech is subjective. If taken to its conclusion, at best it will require judicial interpretation on a case by case basis. As is, anyone who isn't shouting 'Sai Baba' is spouting hate speech.

Btw, don't mention me again, you have mouth odor. If you do, I'll make mention of the mother that birthed you, father that bred you, etc. It wont be nice, trust me

Wat kind of educated illiterate do we ve today
I am educating you, instead of u going to the constitution to learn, you re here threatening to curse my parent.

Ask Mynd44 of this moniker nd those wiv "Amu" related to me nd I bet, u would shove ur threat up ur axx.
Fortunately, you would win the parent war because I ve grown...
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
amuokuko:

Wat kind of educated illiterate do we ve today
I am educating you, instead of u going to the constitution to learn, you re here threatening to curse my parent.

Ask Mynd44 of this moniker nd those wiv "Amu" related to me nd I bet, u would shove ur threat up ur axx.
Fortunately, you would win the parent war because I ve grown...

Calling mods. Lame
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by bejeria101(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Mumu dullards i dey my house come and fine me oponu oshi,thunder fall on you and your entire generation
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by enemyofprogress: 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Are you saying terrible days are still ahead?
just go and buy your parachute and be ready for the future
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
nothing bad In this... this is OK, if you can't make your point without insulting or being discriminating then you don't have a point, let it be extended to Nairaland. the hate speeches here is too much..
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by whitemask(m): 11:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Then all the radio and TV stations across Nigeria will go in extinction as a result of NBC fines
who cares? as long as my Nairaland,facebook,twitter and instagram still exists.NBC is just plain dumb.The hatred for this administration just tripled. Bunch of dumbos in government!!!!
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by lebete3000: 1:21am On Aug 18, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/17/national-broadcasting-commission-moves-censor-phone-programs

Tyranny loading....

We told them yet they refused to listen. Funny enough they're the one's being tear-gassed.

I laugh in Asari Dokubo's voice.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Gkemz: 3:03am On Aug 18, 2017
APC stop witch-hunting opposition if you claim to be practicing democracy. Trump is being criticized daily by CNN and the democrats to an extent that he no longer regard any news that emanates from CNN but he didn't because of that impose fine on them or witchhunt them. Why would Nigeria's case be different. Btw why are they shielding the Arewa youths whose threat is still pending whereas if it was PDP or IPOB that made a slight comment it becomes a hate speech.

2 Likes

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by EVarn(m): 5:27am On Aug 18, 2017
AWOisaCOWARD:

After they have used it to gain power
Lol....such is the dynamism of the human society.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by rusher14: 5:49am On Aug 18, 2017
There is nothing like freedom of speech.

Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:59am On Aug 18, 2017
malware:

Freedom of speech shouldn't trample on other rights. When people insult other people or threaten them, that's not freedom of speech, it is an act of criminality that should be dealt with.

Between freedom of speech and criminal act is a thin line.

I gat u
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Splashme: 6:06am On Aug 18, 2017
Generalyemi:
this regime and everything thereof, is of d devil
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by mike4real2(m): 6:16am On Aug 18, 2017
What an oppresive govt. During Jonathans era we all insulted pdp and the govt and nothing happened so no more fredom of speach?
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Aystarz: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Seguntimmy:
If people called and start insulting these bad administration due to the frustration they've been passing through, so na the station go pay? Shey na dem tel d person to call?
These NBC are some how becoming dumb o.

I bet this is Lai's work.. How will I enjoy my news programmes on radio now?? Lagostalkz, Nigeriainfo and IFM would feel the heat more.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by yelinco1(m): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/17/national-broadcasting-commission-moves-censor-phone-programs
NOW IT IS CERTAIN THAT BUBU'S TENOR IS TO PUT HARDSHIP ON HIS CITIZEN. NO MORE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I HOPE SOME HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST CAN TAKE THIS IDIOTS TO COURT & FINE THEM FOR TRYING TO INFRING ON OUR RIGHTS. NA WA O!
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by UnchangeableGod: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2017
LeSaint:

Hate speech is what it is - hateful, and dangerous and detrimental to peace and national cohesion and harmony.
If you don't have any good or helpful thing to say, keep the fvck quiet. If you are aggrieved about something, take your issue to the appropriate authorities.
And the way you replied me is not hate speech probably because it is favourable to the powers that be. And who are the 'appropriate authorities'? I guess people like our Minister of Information. And how do I communicate it that it will not be termed hateful since anybody who opposes their policy 'hates' them? The same people who will define 'hate speech' for me and tell me who is guilty. Though not supporting hate speeches but these same people came to power via 'hate speeches'. They tried gagging social media, they failed. They fought the judiciary, they failed. Now they are fighting the print and electronic media. They will equally fail.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by ExInferis(m): 10:25am On Aug 18, 2017
RZArecta:
LOL, is that what you scream when your father knacks you dôggy style ? grin grin

No.

It's what i scream when i knack your mother doggy style

grin
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by tk4rd: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2017
Close down all radio and television and mainstream media stations.. Let everybody rely on online and print media.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC by Globallords(m): 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
martineverest:
Google the biggest new in USA in last few days..... U will know it's not only Nigerian that's against this menace
hmm, this is where our problems start from. We try to copy countries that are far better than us... Do you know how the previous administration was bombarded with various ill-speech? When one is fraustrasted, its nt easy cos u'd be forced to say anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

₦37.1bn Fraud: Why I Shunned EFCC's Invitation - Farouq / 2023 Presidency: Atiku, Tinubu Fight Dirty / Massive Protest In Abuja As Shi'ites Hold Rally In Support Of Palestine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.