Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,499 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria (8619 Views)

Ooni Visits Buhari, Says We Don't Want War In South-west / Okorocha Reveals What Will Happen If Buhari Loses 2019 Election / 2019 Presidency: Atiku, Dankwambo At War In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 3:59am On Aug 19, 2017
I came across this powerful posting via a family member and it was very sobering.

CONSEQUENCES OF WAR :UNDERSTAND YOUR CHOICES. _WHEN THE HATE SPEECHES MATURE TO FU LL BLOWN WAR NOTE THE FOLLOWING ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND LOVE:_* �

1. The 14 to 45 year old males will be bearing arms directly whether or not they like it. About half of them will die within the first year of conflict. At least 30% of females in this age range will be raped and probably killed.

2. The bulk of 0 to 13 year olds will grow up as orphans. 10% will be killed in the first year and another 50% will perish from neglect in subsequent years.

3. The population above from 46 to 65 years will have their dreams finally destroyed and will die out rapidly from lack of a will to survive the hardship and stress.

4. The population above 66 years will have no support to survive and will die slow lonely deaths, some through starvation and neglect.

5. Crime rates will multiply ten fold given the unbridled access to arms and ammunition. There will be no safe havens given current trends.

6. Life expectancy will drop to 21 years from the current 47 years.

7. If the conflict lasts longer than one year the worlds largest refugee problem would have been created. Nigerians will flee into Niger, Chad, Benin Republic and Cameroon. A one way journey for most as these countries are completely unprepared for the potential influx of humiliated Nigerians.

8. Through CNN, Aljazeera, and other media houses we will become the global laughing stock with no idea of what next to do.

9. Present day uncompromising voices will run away to safety. Shamelessly so. The afore mentioned victims will be drawn from ordinary folk.

*No one (North, South, East, or West, etc) will be immune.*

*BETTER TO TALK PEACEFULLY NOW WHILE WE CAN AND HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY. _EVERY ARTICLE OF RELATIONSHIP AS A NATION CAN BE NEGOTIATED PEACEFULLY._*

*NON-PARTISAN WARNING.*

This powerful message is about the insanity of war. Please let's continue to circulate and share it as widely as possible, trusting God that it will make those ignorantly beating the drums of war to come to their senses. Copied

I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and wild beasts of the earth.
- Revelations 6 : 8

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 4:01am On Aug 19, 2017
In wars there are usually no winners or losers just survivors. A word is enough for the wise.

Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.
( Revelation 6:3-4)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by QueenSekxy(f): 4:05am On Aug 19, 2017
davidif:
A word is enough for the wise.
are you praying for warchange your mindset oga

11 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 4:07am On Aug 19, 2017
QueenSekxy:

I am not but I am not putting my head in the sand neither. What's going on in Nigeria is indicating that there is about to be a massive civil unrest and it's really getting unsettling.

Things sometimes take longer to happen than you think they should and then happen faster than you thought they could. - Lawrence Summers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by QueenSekxy(f): 4:09am On Aug 19, 2017
davidif:

I am not. Its just that what's going on in Nigeria is pointing towards a massive civil unrest and it's really scary.
hmmm something like what OGA?

6 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by sandrahnaub(f): 4:20am On Aug 19, 2017
Abeg speak good thing to existence

1 Like

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 4:29am On Aug 19, 2017
QueenSekxy:

hmmm something like what OGA?

I am a student of history and if there is something it teaches us is that when you have a significant part of your population young and unemployed then you are sitting on a keg of gun powder that can explode under the right circumstances.

Look at the Arab spring in Tunisia, Egypt and the others and you have similar issues with present day Nigeria.
According to the national bureau of statistics, half of Nigerians are between the ages of 15 and 34 and a large part of this group are unemployed and most likely disgruntled. Then you mix that up with massive domestic issues and that's almost a recipe for disaster.

15 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 4:30am On Aug 19, 2017
sandrahnaub:
Abeg speak good thing to existence

My sister I am trying to be optimistic but you need to give me a reason to.

3 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 4:46am On Aug 19, 2017
sad i blame the judge that free the albino PIG from. Kuje The guy is a terrorist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by tbliss22(m): 5:08am On Aug 19, 2017
Funny enough, those agitating for war are the "indomie" generation kids who know nothing about the last civil war held in Nigeria. Op you've said it all

By His grace, we will pass through this current phase of hate speeches and agitations around us. The FG needs to wake up to her responsibilities asap to avoid breakdown of law and order.

Every human with right functioning brain will understand that IPOB guys felt cheated but are only handling the issue in a wrong way. I believe their full involvement in upper-class politics can make them earn the place of presidency within a short time.

Yes, FG has failed in so many areas, but the larger responsibilities remain with we the citizens.

War is not a good thing to experience and taking a look at countries that had it in the past. Some are still suffering its consequence. Our ladies will suffer more because rape cases will be top notch.

Finally, let's just be optimistic things get back to normal soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by qubie(m): 5:12am On Aug 19, 2017
Noted!
But expect nothing less when there is hunger in the land.

2 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by AAinEqGuinea: 5:16am On Aug 19, 2017
How is it any different when you're dying the same slow death now?

Why does every divorce have to be so violent and dramatic with the black race?

What is everyone fighting each other to protect?? And is it worth it??

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 5:46am On Aug 19, 2017
AAinEqGuinea:
How is it any different when you're dying the same slow death now?

Why does every divorce have to be so violent and dramatic with the black race?

What is everyone fighting each other to protect?? And is it worth it??

Naija can really get better all it needs is a few reforms here and there. We dont need to throw away the baby with the bathwater.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 5:50am On Aug 19, 2017
tbliss22:
Funny enough, those agitating for war are the "indomie" generation kids who know nothing about the last civil war held in Nigeria. Op you've said it all

By His grace, we will pass through this current phase of hate speeches and agitations around us. The FG needs to wake up to her responsibilities asap to avoid breakdown of law and order.

Every human will right functioning brain will understand that IPOB guys felt cheated but are only handling the issue in a wrong way. I believe their full involvement in upper-class politics can make them earn the place of presidency within a short time.

Yes, FG has failed in so many areas, but the larger responsibilities remain with we the citizens.

War is not a good thing to experience and taking a look at countries that had it in the past. Some are still suffering its consequence. Our ladies will suffer more because rape cases will be top notch.

But the barriers to entry into mainstream Nigerian politics is too high for the common folk. It needs to be brought down so that anyone who is interested can run instead of the exclusive political class. INEC can change the rules allowing for independent candidates or peope unaffiliated with the major parties to get in the game. That right there is true democracy.

1 Like

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by falcon01: 6:38am On Aug 19, 2017
Nigeria is like a lion who is shot by a poisoned arrow and is slowly dieing. Our leaders are using this opportunity to benefit they have zero intention of fixing the country. All they care about is money and power.

11 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by chukagora(m): 6:47am On Aug 19, 2017
Nigeria is closer to WAR than restructuring or any thing that will bring unity and progress to this country. Our leaders are not interested in our peaceful coexistence. 1st October is coming and I personally think its only God that can stop what is coming. Christ Jesus is all we need.

7 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 6:52am On Aug 19, 2017
QueenSekxy:

things sometimes take longer to happen than you think they should and then happen faster than you thought they could. - Lawrence Summers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 19, 2017
Thy shall b no War

2 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Histrings08(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2017
On behalf of good citizens of Nigerian, I stand against war... The Lord raise Staff against war mongers

1 Like

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by AAinEqGuinea: 7:11am On Aug 19, 2017
davidif:

Naija can really get better all it needs is a few reforms here and there. We dont need to throw away the baby with the bathwater.

why the effort to force every tribe or people to see Nigeria in the same manner as you? Why is everyone holding calamities from war over anyone who dares advocate for secession? You can't guarantee anyone's safety, you're not evolved enough to prevent another Rwanda as OP points out, why should anyone trust you can survive as a country moving forward? Your hope is the only option, hope forced on everyone to share. At least try to lend the same hope to another group who start over on their own.

The other side of this war really needs to think about what the héll would they be fighting to protect.

12 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Kondomatic(m): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2017
tbliss22:

Every human will right functioning brain will understand that IPOB guys felt cheated but are only handling the issue in a wrong way. I believe their full involvement in upper-class politics can make them earn the place of presidency within a short time.

My brother. Nigeria is currently at war, it just depends on the part you're living.

Borno, Maidugri, southern Kaduna, delta, Benue and some other parts of Nigeria are experiencing what people experience in war.
The youths die, their women are being raped and killed, they get slaughtered every now and then nobody says anything.

The only time the government remembers her responsibility is when the oppressed try to raise their heads above the water.

See bro, the prayer some people should be saying is that the war should not reach their side instead of praying for Nigeria to not go to war.

8 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Kondomatic(m): 8:00am On Aug 19, 2017
davidif:

Nigeria cannot get any better. How many rejoins have you been to?

Two cannot walk unless they agree and Nigerians do not agree and will never agree because we are too diverse to be united.

8 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2017
Kondomatic:

Two cannot walk unless they agree and Nigerians do not agree and will never agree because we are too diverse to be united.

Wrong!! There are many diverse nations on earth and in history and they make it work. Indonesia is just as diverse (if not not more) but they make it work. It's about leadership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by davidif: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2017
Kondomatic:
My brother. Nigeria is currently at war, it just depends on the part you're living.

Borno, Maidugri, southern Kaduna, delta, Benue and some other parts of Nigeria are experiencing what people experience in war.
The youths die, their women are being raped and killed, they get slaughtered every now and then nobody says anything.

The only time the government remembers her responsibility is when the oppressed try to raise their heads above the water.

See bro, the prayer some people should be saying is that the war should not reach their side instead of praying for Nigeria to not go to war.

Whether they like it or not, war go reach there side. In fact a war in Nigeria would be so devastating it would suck in the neighboring countries and even the entire region because of how populous Nigeria is. They can't just run and hide in their bubble and hope and pray "that the war should not reach their side" and it will happen. It will touch them in some shape or form, that's the reality of 21st century conflicts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Kondomatic(m): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2017
davidif:

Wrong!! There are many diverse nations on earth and in history and they make it work. Indonesia is just as diverse (if not not more) but they make it work. It's about leadership.
It isn't just about leadership it is about the ideology and lifestyle of the people that made up the country.

Why did you use Indonesia as an example? I don't know much about Indonesia but I understand that they've as many population and ethnic groups as Nigerians but 95% of their population is native Indonesian.
Some ethnic groups there have only a few hundreds of people. Majority calls the shots.

The most ethically diverse countries are found in Africa and they're awesomely the most backward and undeveloped nations.

Like I said, diversity is overrated, the separate regions in Nigeria made more progress than when the whole country came under a unitary system. Mistrust and distrust in mixed societies like Nigeria hamper growth.

Take out time to read the importance of homogeneity in a nation. It far outweighs the importance of the overrated diversity.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by tbliss22(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2017
davidif:

But the barriers to entry into mainstream Nigerian politics is too high for the common folk. It needs to be brought down so that anyone who is interested can run instead of the exclusive political class. INEC can change the rules allowing for independent candidates or peope unaffiliated with the major parties to get in the game. That right there is true democracy.

INEC most times is used by this same political class. The exact strategy should exclude INEC completely.
Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by limeta(f): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2017
No body is asking for war

7 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by tbliss22(m): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2017
Kondomatic:

Bro, change that mind set please. I'm from the south west and I have been to the northern part of Nigeria even when Bokoharam is super hot.

Also to some major part of the East, after veiwing it all, I came to a realization that what is needed is a working blueprint that guarantee massive employment for average Nigerian youth.

When everyone is gainfully involved in a working system created by our government then no faction will think of breaking off. My brother, if we break off eventually with this same method of handling the system, these same Big Wigs will still be at the helm of affairs and the same process will still be maintained with each faction.

4 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Deedeedee5: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2017
tbliss22:

Bro, change that mind set please. I'm from the south west and I have been to the northern part of Nigeria even when Bokoharam is super hot.

Also to some major part of the East, after veiwing it all, I came to a realization that what is needed is a working blueprint that guarantee massive employment for average Nigerian youth.

When everyone is gainfully involved in a working system created by our government then no faction will think of breaking off. My brother, if we break off eventually with this same method of handling the system, these same Big Wigs will still be at the helm of affairs and the same process will still be maintained with each faction.
I am from the south west also and what you wrote is bull-shiit.
Try and reason with your brain. We cant have the right working system because we dont have patriotic citizens. If Yoruba people leave Nigeria, then there will be patriotism. Why do you think we have tribalism in this country? Because everything in this country is focused more on your tribe.Tribalism is same with patriotism. We want everything to benefit our tribesmen. Now this is what i call patriotism. If you allow this people live on their own, then why wont they develop.
Nigeria will still seperate. This is the truth

17 Likes

Re: This is what will happen if there is war In Nigeria by Deedeedee5: 8:53am On Aug 19, 2017
limeta:
No body is asking for war
Exactly! Even if war comes, there will be less casulties. Everybody is tired of the country; some Northerners included

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ojukwu - The Economist / Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. / "No Diaspora IDP Voting In 2019 General Elections." - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.