Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful (654 Views)

Bello Is A Useful Idiot, Slave - FFK Attacks Governor Over Loyalty To Buhari / Fayose Sacks Aide Over Eid El-kabir Prayers Improper Coverage / Ayo Fayose Sacks All Commissioners In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful by kokozain(m): 7:12am On Aug 19, 2017
A former Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon. Dele Olugbemi, on Friday alleged that he was sacked as a commissioner on the board of the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) by Governor Ayodele Fayose for supporting the governorship ambition of the Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party National Caretaker Committee, Prince Dayo Adeyeye.

Adeyeye, a former minister of state (Works) is one of the serious contenders for next year’s governorship poll in the state on the platform of the party.

Olugbemi’s sack came barely 24 hours two members of the state House of Assembly- Hon. Michael Adedeji (Ekiti Southwest 2) and Hon. Ojo Ade Fajana (Ekiti East 1) were accused of having “unholy alliance” with Senator Biodun Olujimi, also a governorship aspirant on the platform of the PDP.

At a press conference addressed by the Chairman, House Committee on Information, Samuel Omotoso, Adedeji dismissed the claim saying his loyalty remained with the assembly and Governor Fayose.

He also read a letter of apology written to the Assembly begging for “forgiveness”.

Olujimi had since described the action of the Assembly as childish, saying: “They are just hiding behind one finger. They are laying cheap and small boys politics, using worn out tricks. Let them try new tricks. It is because they know that I have ambition to be governor of Ekiti State that they are doing this”.

A former Deputy Governor, Chief Abiodun Aluko, who is also nursing a governorship ambition had earlier in the week resigned his membership from the party accusing Fayose of alleged dictatorial tendencies, hounding fellow governorship aspirants and running the party like his (Fayose’s) personal estate.

Confirming his removal, Olugbemi told Daily Trust in a telephone interview no reason was given in the letter conveying his sack. He alleged that he was being allegedly persecuted by the governor for backing the governorship ambition of Adeyeye but said that his sack would not deter him from supporting Adeyeye.

Responding on behalf of the governor, his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, said he was not aware of it.

But Olugbemi maintained that, “It is true that Governor Fayose has removed me as Commissioner in SUBEB and it is because of my support for the governorship ambition of Adeyeye. He (Fayose) thanked me in the letter for my service to the state and party (PDP) wishing me well in my future endeavour.

“Adeyeye is in PDP and I am also in PDP, he (Fayose) can’t decide for others who they will support and despite what has just happened, I will continue my support for Adeyeye because I believe in him.

“My sack from Fayose’s government won’t deter me from supporting Adeyeye because the party wants the governorship slot to go to Ekiti South and Adeyeye is from Ekiti South and that is why we are working for him.”

Olugbemi was one of the six All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmakers that defected to the PDP on the day Fayose was sworn to office and was “elected” as “Speaker” by five members of the Fourth Assembly who claimed to have “impeached” former Speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin in November 2014.

The controversial former speaker headed the assembly until June 2015 when the Fifth Assembly members who are currently in office were inaugurated.

He was later appointed a Commissioner in the House of Assembly Service Commission but declined, saying the appointment did not befit his status.
source:- http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/42713-Fayose-sacks-commissioner-over-loyalty-to-governorship-hopeful
Re: Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful by Yhelay(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful by kokozain(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2017
Yhelay:
Hmmm
surprised
Re: Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful by emmy4lov(m): 7:40am On Aug 19, 2017
Nah WA oh ..

Uk HTC one m9 for sale for just 50k.
Whatsapp/call 07065173203
Lagos
Re: Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful by seunmsg(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2017
Olugbemi got exactly what he deserved.

Ekiti PDP is going down anyway. From now on, it's going to be crisis upon crisis as party members declare support for various candidates. By December, Fayose would have sacked more than half of the current state executive council members and suspended more than half of state house of assembly members. Members of the party executive will also not be speared including party leaders. It will be fun watching the party implode from within due to Fayose's dictatorship.
Re: Fayose Sacks Commissioner Over Loyalty To Governorship Hopeful by kokozain(m): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2017
seunmsg:
Olugbemi got exactly what he deserved.

Ekiti PDP is going down anyway. From now on, it's going to be crisis upon crisis as party members declare support for various candidates. By December, Fayose would have sacked more than half of the current state executive council members and suspended more than half of state house of assembly members. Members of the party executive will also not be speared including party leaders. It will be fun watching the party implode from within due to Fayose's dictatorship.
is it now a crime for olugbemi to follow his true leader in the same party?

(1) (Reply)

Between A Career And Stubborn Lady / BREAKING: Another Group Threatens Total Shutdown Of Nigerian Hospitals / President Muhammad Buhari Speech At U.n. (2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.