Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? (665 Views)

Will U Allow Your Partner To Be With Ya Fone For 24hrs. See Pix / If U Were To Date A Nairalander For A Day(sex Inclusive) Who Would He/she Be? / Will U Allow Ur Guy Do This To U In Public? Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by woye77: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
grin  it happens - lady marries man, then first year no child, second, third and fourth year still no child - by the fifth year, the husband's family start piling pressure on him and before you can say Jack, they bring another woman into the home or marry another wife for him secretly - and they have a favourite proverb for this kind of thing in yorubaland "ori omo lo'n pe omo waye" (translation: the arrival of a baby is a spiritual trigger for other children) and thus wifey has to deal with a rival - so ladies, if your husband decides to marry a new wife owing to your inability to concieve - what would you do?  lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by TedBundy1(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
woye77:

"ori omo lo'n pe omo waye" (translation: the arrival of a baby is a spiritual trigger for other children)

Interesting translation there. grin
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by whitelexi(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
There are now alternatives. . .  Adoption, or other methods of conception grin

Women generally dont like polygamy grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by r231(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
whitelexi:

There are now alternatives. . . Adoption, or other methods of conception grin

true cheesy grin
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by Madukaele(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
ladies will surely run from the topic, trust me lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
whitelexi:

There are now alternatives. . .  Adoption, or other methods of conception grin

wink wink wink
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by madlady(f): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
woye77:

grin  it happens - lady marries man, then first year no child, second, third and fourth year still no child - by the fifth year, the husband's family start piling pressure on him and before you can say Jack, they bring another woman into the home or marry another wife for him secretly - and they have a favourite proverb for this kind of thing in yorubaland "ori omo lo'n pe omo waye" (translation: the arrival of a baby is a spiritual trigger for other children) and thus wifey has to deal with a rival - so ladies, if your husband decides to marry a new wife owing to your inability to concieve - what would you do?   lipsrsealed

I would be ok with it, but I must live in my own house/flat and have full say over his vists to me tongue/
Re: Ladies, If U Were Barren, Would U Allow your Husband To Have Another Wife? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
@poster
i wonder if in that same spirit, a wife will be allowed to become polyandrist (multiple husband) if they find out that the husband is the infertile one/source of the problem? or will the family just squash it?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Relationship Last Long! / The irrestible Kaka & the Succulent Full Moon / Must There Be Guile In Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.