Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns (49271 Views)

Gbajabiamila Visits Orji Uzor Kalu As He Returns From South East / Fayose Mobbed By Supporters As He Returns To Ekiti State. Photos / Bukola Saraki Shuns Ali Ndume As He Returns To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by nevilbot: 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
B737NG:

Yea thanks, surprised I was able to track it that long, most countries ask flight radar 24 not to show their Head of state Air transport aircraft.

That was Wia Nigeria officials made a mistake. Presidential aircrafts should not appear on civilian tracking sites. But it will still be visible to radars of countries it is flying over

3 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by StOla: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
nevilbot:

Tracking a plane has nothing to do with Nigeria's approach to security. All planes flying at any point in d world are trackable. Its standard practice for safety purpose. All planes flying over the airspace of a country must appear on a radar for monitoring its location during a flight

I tracked an ethiad airline flight of a friend coming to visit me in Germany from Lagos last year. So far u know d flight code , u can track it.

But since its a presidential jet, its tracking should not be possible to civilians. But it will still be visible on d radar of every country it is flying over from London to Nigeria. And officials of those counties manning d radars will still see it as it enters and leaves dia airspace

I understand tracking of a civilian plane by every Tom, Dick and Harry, but a presidential plane?

I understand aviation officials in each country tracking even Presidential planes entering into the national airspace, but for a regular Joe to just use his mobile device to have such access, shows the little knowledge we have about intelligent security as opposed to gra gra security.

The presidency is thoughtless to its own self.

18 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
StOla:

Boko haram cells stationed in Abuja could also track it and actually know when it enters Nigerian airspace and know which plane to shoot down with a missile once it starts to descend into visible sky.
You right.And it won't be a gud thing for the country Nd Africa in general. See am an Igbo man but can never wish my president death. First he is a father figure to us,an elder Nd finally our president. He needs all our support to come back safely. I pity people wishing him death no matter his mistakes,he is a human before anything so he can't be perfect.He will arrive safely in Jesus name. Amen.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2017
nevilbot:

Tracking a plane has nothing to do with Nigeria's approach to security. All planes flying at any point in d world are trackable. Its standard practice for safety purpose. All planes flying over the airspace of a country must appear on a radar for monitoring its location during a flight

I tracked an ethiad airline flight of a friend coming to visit me in Germany from Lagos last year. So far u know d flight code , u can track it.

But since its a presidential jet, its tracking should not be possible to civilians. But it will still be visible on d radar of every country it is flying over from London to Nigeria. And officials of those counties manning d radars will still see it as it enters and leaves dia airspace
. This is a presidential plane not just any plane. The tracking should not be what every tom,dick Nd harry should be able to do. There should be some strict security measures here

3 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by dlondonbadboy: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
This one you can nonlonger track him...hope all is well. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by mamapidgin: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nigerians has no chill ooo. So te dem dey monitor the president for Air

Nawaooo

2 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by nevilbot: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. This is a presidential plane not just any plane. The tracking should not be what every tom,dick Nd harry should be able to do. There should be some strict security measures here

Yes u are right.dey messed up big time on that
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Souljaboi1: 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
B737NG:
It appears tracking his aircraft has been disabled, perhaps someone isn't happy about it, his last shown position is over Algeria. By my estimate he should be within Niger airspace within the next hour

Tdayof

1 Like

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by dadebayo1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
grin i never knew one could track a presidential jet... Security wise not too good.... Enjoyed the updaye from op.. We are waiting to get updates from the press crew once the plane lands. Can see security officials locking out and screening press men... grin grin

Over to FFK and bros Fayose
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by LordIsaac(m): 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nigerians: most intelligent black race in the world; only very poor in the use of common sense!

2 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Jokerman(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
so the ode for no come back if pple no protest

5 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
It seems we are back in business gents, maybe the aircraft only entered an area without FR24 coverage.
The Presidents plane is still mainaining Flight Level 370 over Niger and about 20 minutes away from entering the Fatherland airspace

cc: lalasticlala

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by tdayof(m): 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2017
Souljaboi1:

Tdayof

Presidential aircraft. You can only track to some extent. When it's within the Nigerian airspace, the pilot disables ADS-B and then you're invisible to others tracking with satellite.

2 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by tdayof(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2017
B737NG:
It seems we are back in business gents, maybe the aircraft only entered an area without FR24 coverage.
The Presidents plane is still mainaining Flight Level 370 over Niger and about 20 minutes away from entering the Fatherland airspace

cc: lalasticlala

I guess they're not interested in hiding their track.

2 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Maybe not
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Jesusloveyou: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
taylor88:
how's this helpful to naira
you know it will not affect the naira and your idiotic iPods are protesting for his return.
Hypocritical iPods

3 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
The C-I-C's aircraft is abeam the ancient city of kano, has descended to FL360 and still making Good speed. If you have a scheduled commercial flight departing or arriving abuja around 4:30, expect at least a 30 min delay. The president's aircraft has priority.

5 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by GOFRONT(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nairaland......The land of Wonders that never End......Never knew Airplanes culd be tracked......Welldone Op

2 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by plus7(m): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nice updates...
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by inchristalone(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
We are eagerly waiting
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by mikeycharles(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
g
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by banmee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
B737NG:
Currently over French airspace, approaching the Spanish border

cc: Mynd44

If this is true, the fact that it is public knowledge is scary to say the least.
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
The BBJ's ETA is now approximately 4:35 If you reside in abuja, you can catch a glimpse of the aircraft around bwari at about 4:26 and overhead Kubwa at about 4:31

They have begun their final descent into abuja and are number two behind a Lufthansa A330

8 Likes

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by Kingspin(m): 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
Madness... We need road not careless plane tracking.
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by erico2k2(m): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
nevilbot:

Well he is in a civil Aircraft so can be tracked .
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by lozairio(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
When Sahara reporters Don catch una lie una con dey do this one
Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by lonelydora: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
I'm interested in when he's leaving again. He visited Nigeria and will soon be leaving.

1 Like

Re: President buhari's aircraft -Live tracking as he returns by hysteriabox(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
taylor88:
how's this helpful to naira
Keep you in the dark, you curse n complaint.
Close, detailed info, you write this.

A true depiction of "man can't be satisfied"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Lekki Toll Gate Protest Against Price Hike In Lagos (Photos) / Dapo Abiodun Visits His Parents For Blessing (photos) / Zulum Gifts N5m To Borno Man Who Fabricated ‘hand Tractor’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.