Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509337 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hmm, i fear o. London VO seems not to be predictable at all. Some people got PPR after one month of transfer from CIO, some two months, some three to four months. Infact a guy said with London, it is favor because they pick files randomly. Abeg we need to gather round for prayers o.

My file has not even left CIO yet (i have not gotten the "additional document not required" change) but i no say na London my file go land.

My July peeps wey dey London now make we declare fasting o make God intervene so PPR go come our way sharp sharp.

Yooku:

Amen ooo.....Any info on the trend for times stayed at the London LVO in recent times before PPR?
@deeore @MrsBee @Ajujuju2 @yewwygraceful @boldinc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congratulations, thank God for you.

[quote author=folamingo post=60488955]Hi guys, finally application approved, COPR and Visas on hand. The journey came with its delays, from waiting to get medical passed to BG status changing to IP2 and the wait for the Golden email to the finally getting passports on hand but God saw us through it all. Hallelujah!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good eve, please I like to join the PNP train cos am 40, dis did not favour me, I hv done my WES & IELTS

[quote author=sammyacbxyz post=60494482]I feel ur pain. PNP is one chance right now. Taking over 180days to PPR. We already joined the boat. Best we can do is wait it out patiently...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello Amybest123, the challenge with going the PNP route for Lawyers is that our occupation is regulated and this means we are prevented from practicing immediately we immigrate, so if you notice most provinces do not choose Law or Medicine as part of their occupations in demand.

However, if you do not mind, Nova Scotia has Paralegal occupations (noc 4211) as an "in demand occupation". I suggest you read up about it and how you can tweak your job description to fit as a paralegal. The beauty is that to work as a paralegal in canada you also need a degree in law so it should not be difficult.

Check this link for Nova scotia immigration.

http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

When you go to that page, please read up their application guide to have better understanding and i advise that you act fast, NS might open up their portal soon.

Amybest123:
Hi people!
Pls is there any lawyer who'd gone through PNP and succeeded? If yes, holla a sister in need. May God bless us all. Together we achieve.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Let me just say CIC/IRCC as a whole is not just predictable.
I never got the bolded, till now. I am post PPR awaiting final status approval.
I asked to know my Visa office following the instructions given on this platform, I didn't even get a response.
Was in NA2 for 6weeks while IP2 lasted barely 2hours.
I can only only wish you speedy PPR, telling you to stay calm won't make you calm. Lol
All the best!

Yewwygraceful:
Hmm, i fear o. London VO seems not to be predictable at all. Some people got PPR after one month of transfer from CIO, some two months, some three to four months. Infact a guy said with London, it is favor because they pick files randomly. Abeg we need to gather round for prayers o.

My file has not even left CIO yet (i have not gotten the "additional document not required" change) but i no say na London my file go land.

My July peeps wey dey London now make we declare fasting o make God intervene so PPR go come our way sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good people,please I want to request a reference letter from my old place of work(Bank),can I get it now,ahead of exam or even ITA,how is it to be addressed..can someone help with the exact format I need to send to them or the precise things I need them to write in the letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sammyacbxyz: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Try to eye IELTS and ace it if u can. My 2 cents

1kingwriter:

It will end in praise.
Am eying MPNP now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
lamie26:
Hello All,

I know this question would have been treated before but pls i want you all to oblige me.
Pls whats the procedure for filing for ones sibling as a canadian PR card holder.

Thanks all.
Hi, all you need to know can be found right here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Veleta that is good to hear, I wish him and all of us a speedy ppr

veleta:
@Yewwygrateful,Deore,Yooku,MrsBee et al,just got off the phone now with CIC agent and she confirmed that
his file has been transferred to London, Uk.His document status changed 2 days ago to "We do not need additional documents and Background check " NA'.
God will see us all through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Thank you so so much, really needed to hear that and all the best to you too.

Abby2017:
Let me just say CIC/IRCC as a whole is not just predictable.
I never got the bolded, till now. I am post PPR awaiting final status approval.
I asked to know my Visa office following the instructions given on this platform, I didn't even get a response.
Was in NA2 for 6weeks while IP2 lasted barely 2hours.
I can only only wish you speedy PPR, telling you to stay calm won't make you calm. Lol
All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
A resounding Amen

Noviolence:
This LVO file transfer after close to 7 or 8 weeks at the CIO is more or less the trend these days.
We're not staying in LVO for that long this time around.
Say amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tbaby2015: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
folamingo:
Hi guys, finally application approved, COPR and Visas on hand. The journey came with its delays, from waiting to get medical passed to BG status changing to IP2 and the wait for the Golden email to the finally getting passports on hand but God saw us through it all. Hallelujah!

Initially the journey started with an application to SNP in December 2016, because we never thought that the draws will fall below 450 (which nobody anticipated following earlier trends). Lo and behold, 2017 ushered in a new dawn and we are grateful to God and scores dropped like the walls of jerico (those that knew scores in 2015/2016 will understand) and there it was ITA. I immediately withdrew the SNP application and commenced gathering of documents.

Areas that gave me sleepless nights:

1. Marriage certificate uploaded was a black and white photocopy (for some weird reason I was worried it wasn't uploaded in color) and Rank/Profession discrepancy, thanks to the registry. angry

2. Used 90% gift deed from father with proper letter of explanation and supporting documents.

3. GTB Bank statement were in black and white except front and back pages that had stamps (reason for this was to shrink the document to fit 4MB as the statement was voluminous)....and I used gift deed....I know right. grin

But at the end of the day....the rest is history!!!

The timeline goes thus:

Family size -----------------------Principal + 4 dependants
ITA ------------------------------- 22 Feb
AOR - ---------------------------- 11 Apr
Meds passed -------------------- 14 June
BGC: IP1 --- ---------------------15 June
BGC: NA ------------------------- 19 June
ADR(1) -------------------------- 12 July - Schedule A (IMM5669) - PA .... I submitted 13th July
ADR(2) -------------------------- 17 July - Schedule A (IMM5669) - Spouse.....I submitted 18 July
BGC: IP 2 ----------------------- 27 July
PPR------------------------------- 4 Aug (Email received Aug 5 - 4.41am.....i saw d email 8am)
Passports sent to Accra --------- 7 Aug
Delivered ------------ ------------9 Aug
Additional Passport Request ----18 Aug
Passport sent to Accra - -------- 18 Aug
Delivered------------------------- 21 Aug
Application Approved-------------31 Aug
Pick up mail sent -----------------11 Sep (mysteriously it was sent to my spouse's email after sending mails and calling) undecided
COPR & VOH ----------------------15 Sep

AOR - PPR - 116 days
PPR - COPR - 42 days ....delayed partly because I did not send my kids US passport initially (sent only data color page), they later requested for it which you saw in the timeline and also Pick up mail wasn't sent out the next day.

Congratsssss
Canny Land here we come.....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good for you Madam VO

Canadianfly:

Lol @ over analyzing your posts. Funny.

Your take was wrong, that's all. We are all here to learn, there's no need to feel extra special. I too have been learning on here, and would probably learn from you as I get on in this process.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Finally! Congrats!!!!

@blingyrie how far with yours? You might want to send them an email

folamingo:
Hi guys, finally application approved, COPR and Visas on hand. The journey came with its delays, from waiting to get medical passed to BG status changing to IP2 and the wait for the Golden email to the finally getting passports on hand but God saw us through it all. Hallelujah!

Canny Land here we come.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congratulations @zaragirl and @folamingo smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
impish:
Hahahahahaha! This made me laff ehn! Initially, I prayed for our file to land in London. I figured oyinbo people would have their act together and that things would move fast there. Hmmmmm.....I danced with joy when we got confirmation that our file was in London. Little did I know.......

At the end of the day, our application took just shy of 5 months, while my friends whose files were in Accra had their applications processed in 3 - 4 months. The point is, yes, I believe that (as Ajujuju2 said) this process teaches us patience, a skill that we would need when we relocate to Canada.

All the same, I pray that London ups their game and starts spitting out PPRs sharp sharp, starting with yours.

God's best,

Mrs. O
www.mycanadianfling.com

Why yes of course grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
After getting L : 8 R: 8.5 S : 7.5 and W: 6.5, I asked for a remark in Writing and got a response within about 4 weeks telling me my result remains the same. An increase from 6.5 to 7 would have pumped up my CRS score to 439 and 7.5 would have increased it to 442.

I was really surprised because I read so many success stories here, I'm thinking it's because I don't live in Nigeria.

Right now, I've sort of put it on hold because I was not so interested in the first place. It was a friend convincing me that my current profession is even more lucrative in Canada than where I currently am.

Hubby is still kind of interested so we might still try it later

Thanks to @bimpsy99 @britiko @elfman @dammysanmi @algbenguze for your previous responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wura27:

Good for you Madam VO

Ladies!!! Time out oooo *rings bell* @Canadianfly grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
Oya nor vex...pls help if you know the answer.. smiley
cuteguy201:
Since the question was directed to Belushi, I guess we would just have to wait for her response. #Lips sealed.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
Just reading up and I noticed things have somewhat changed in this group.

You see when i joined this group, one of the things that struck me was the politeness and accommodating nature of the people in the group. I found this really surprising because I know Nigerians have sharp mouths and are quick to criticize or condemn.

Let us learn to accommodate other people's opinions irrespective or whether or not we agree. You can state your own opinion without condemning that of others.

Each person should state their respective opinions without trashing that of the next person.

It is a forum for sharing differing and respective opinions and this is what enriches the forum!!

With that said, reading up on all the good news is encouraging me to rewrite IELTS....

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Amybest123: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
Thanks a lot dear. Let me quickly open and read the link. quote author=Yewwygraceful post=60495831]Hello Amybest123, the challenge with going the PNP route for Lawyers is that our occupation is regulated and this means we are prevented from practicing immediately we immigrate, so if you notice most provinces do not choose Law or Medicine as part of their occupations in demand.

However, if you do not mind, Nova Scotia has Paralegal occupations (noc 4211) as an "in demand occupation". I suggest you read up about it and how you can tweak your job description to fit as a paralegal. The beauty is that to work as a paralegal in canada you also need a degree in law so it should not be difficult.

Check this link for Nova scotia immigration.

http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

When you go to that page, please read up their application guide to have better understanding and i advise that you act fast, NS might open up their portal soon.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
Amen to all of us.
@Yewwygraceful,don't fret dear,God will do it in His own time.Blessed weekend to everyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wura27:

Good for you Madam VO

Lmao. Ain't you cute
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Yooku:

Ladies!!! Time out oooo *rings bell* @Canadianfly grin grin grin

Hahahah nah I'm good. Na her knickers dey in a twist not mine. I musta touched a nerve grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
U'r the cute one. Cute fly wink

Canadianfly:

Lmao. Ain't you cute

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
Cudnt have said it better!

All the best in whatever you decide

Joanna25:

Just reading up and I noticed things have somewhat changed in this group.

You see when i joined this group, one of the things that struck me was the politeness and accommodating nature of the people in the group. I found this really surprising because I know Nigerians have sharp mouths and are quick to criticize or condemn.

Let us learn to accommodate other people's opinions irrespective or whether or not we agree. You can state your own opinion without condemning that of others.

Each person should state their respective opinions without trashing that of the next person.

It is a forum for sharing differing and respective opinions and this is what enriches the forum!!

With that said, reading up on all the good news is encouraging me to rewrite IELTS....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Noviolence: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Never had any visa refusals before,but my spouse had,and we answered "yes" to the questions as well.
Could that be a reason? Maybe not.It's just a theory though.
yimiton:
I wonder why they'll wait that long before transferring it if they decide to. Have you had any visa refusals before?
It would appear that they do that mostly to people who have had prior visa refusals. Maybe they just want to conduct more thorough checks.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 1kingwriter: 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Try to eye IELTS and ace it if u can. My 2 cents

@ 42 years?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lmao. Ain't you cute

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Rothman: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
1kingwriter:

@ 42 years?
LOL...this is really funny
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
KweenCee:

Na wa for you o! Name calling?
Well Canadianfly is right. Just because you now have a visa doesn't erase a previous visa refusal.
I've been refused Canadian visit visa twice and I now have a 3 years valid Canadian TRV yet I still declared the previous refusals.
While some people get away with it, unfortunately some don't ( it's called Misrepresentation).

It's importatnt to do the right thing not what you feel. You may not be part of the lucky ones that will get away with it.
Goodluck in your application.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.